View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1718
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 16th 2010, 9:41 am

I'm not putting this in spoiler because I told Mappy, month's earlier, Jake's dad was missing. No, his dad has not been found yet. When his truck was found, it was locked with the keys inside.

In Feb., Jake H. was arrested for DUI and hit and run.
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 16th 2010, 10:39 am

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/16/deadliest-catch-jake-stealing-phils-pills/

In the article, it gives descriptions of the remaining episodes. Phil's stroke will be on Tuesday's episode.
Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 16th 2010, 1:15 pm

I had to read the spoiler. I'm all for them lol

Jake, Jake, Jake. So sad. Hope he got the help he needs for the drug abuse. Sad.

Sad, also, that Jake A's dad hasn't been found.

Looks as though Cap'n Phil isn't the only casualty this season Sad
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3139
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 16th 2010, 3:35 pm

I was so shocked when I saw what happened between Jake and Phil. It was sad, but then it made sense because Jake was different. Maybe that is what was part of the problem between the two brothers. I'm sure the added stress didn't help Phil, but we saw he was having problems before hand.

As someone who somewhat understands drug addiction, I sure hope Jake got and/or gets the help he needs. I have suspected some type of drug use on pretty much all the boats due to the working environment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/blueeyed100
annie367
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 16th 2010, 9:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 16th 2010, 9:54 pm

annie367 wrote:
Interview with Josh.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/16/josh-harris-phil-harris-deadliest-catch/?icid=main

Thanks Annie. What a great kid. Phil must be proud looking over both Josh and Jake's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 16th 2010, 11:18 pm

Great article, thanks Annie.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 22nd 2010, 9:08 pm

Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 22nd 2010, 9:26 pm

It is very sad. Phil was one of my two favorite capitans. I love this show and have been so nervous for this episode.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 22nd 2010, 9:31 pm

So sad. Bittersweet between Jake and Phil. The photos...
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 29th 2010, 9:21 pm

another sad one! I imagine it will only get harder to watch each week
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   June 29th 2010, 10:51 pm

It is so sad. I cried. I wish they would have spent more time on them rather than the other boats but I guess that could be considered morbid. I feel so bad for those boys.

Could you imagine the guilt Jake must feel? And Josh, how he stepped up I'm sure his dad would be so proud of him. I love this show, I've watched since it started as just a special.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   July 1st 2010, 9:56 am

Just watched Tuesdays show OMG cried!!! Especially when they pulled them all in for dinner (unheard of really) and told them. WOW!!!

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   July 6th 2010, 8:15 pm

New show tonight. So sad.
Back to top Go down
sugar

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   July 6th 2010, 8:23 pm

Mappy wrote:
New show tonight. So sad.

it is very sad! I am not happy they aren't showing much of it and I read somewhere that Phil wanted them to keep rolling and have it part of the show. I have always loved Johnathan and I love him more. He is there for Phil's boys and I am sure that meant a lot for the boys!
Back to top Go down
Catniptoy
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   July 7th 2010, 6:23 pm

They said that next Tuesday they will go into Phil's situation in more detail. Plus, I think the guy who hosts the "After the Catch" or whatever it is called, said that there will be another one after Tuesday's show, and it will be more about Phil.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   July 13th 2010, 10:09 pm

Very sad episode tonight, and definitely recommend watching After The Catch also.
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   September 21st 2010, 7:54 pm

The Discovery Channel is suing two captains on its popular program “Deadliest Catch” for $3 million in damages for it called a refusal to finish work on a television episode.

A lawyer for the two captains, Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand, characterized Discovery’s actions as “arrogance and greed run amok.”

Discovery asserts that the men were filmed for a “separate, one-time television special,” called “Hillstranded,” about their lives when they aren’t out to sea, and that they did not show up for voice-over and interview sessions later in the production period.

Read more: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/discovery-channel-sues-deadliest-catch-captains/
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   September 28th 2010, 7:54 pm

If it's true, I won't be watching any longer. I only watched because of Sig and Edgar.

Jonathan and Andy Hillstrand have bigger fish to fry now.

The Deadliest Catch stars and captains of the deep-sea trawler Time Bandit, announced Tuesday that they're leaving the hit series after being sued for breach-of-contract by the Discovery Channel.

And they're taking fan favorite Sig Hansen, captain of the Northwestern, along with them.

"We have been through a lot over the past year and unfortunately given the current situation with Discovery we are unable to continue participating in 'Deadliest Catch,'" the three crab fishermen said in a joint written statement, first obtained by the Hollywood Reporter.

"It has been a fantastic ride, and we wish the best to all of the amazing and supportive Catch fans we have met over the years."

Discovery says, meanwhile, that its announcement on the status of Hansen and the Hillstrand brothers is forthcoming.

Discovery sued the Hillstrands for $3 million, claiming they failed to come through on their promise to shoot a spin-off special, Hillstranded.

Production on season seven of Deadliest Catch is scheduled to start early next month, the beginning of crab season.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b202929_deadliest_catch_captains_including_sig.html
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2802
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   February 22nd 2011, 1:54 pm

From what I have heard most recently, Discovery stopped the suit and the Hilstrands and the Hansens will be on this season. I am really looking forward to everything starting up this season, I can't wait actually. Looking forward to seeing what Phil's boys do with the legacy he left them with the help of their fishing family - The Hilstrands and the Hansens.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   February 22nd 2011, 6:35 pm

I just started watching this show and I thought it would be boring. How wrong I was. I love it!

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   February 23rd 2011, 5:38 pm

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A new member of a ‘Deadliest Catch’ fishing crew has been found dead in an Alaska motel room.

Police say 33-year-old Justin Tennison was found dead Tuesday afternoon in a motel room in Homer.

Tennison was a member of the Time Bandit, one of the vessels on the Discovery Channel series. He will make a posthumous debut in the 7th season kicking off in April.

Lt. Randy Rosencrans says alcohol and a small amount of marijuana were found in the room. But he adds the cause of death is unknown. An autopsy will be conducted by the state medical examiner’s office Wednesday afternoon.

Discovery spokesman Josh Weinberg released a statement saying the channel sends its sympathies to his family and fellow crew members.

TMZ previously reported the death.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/_article_44280

The new season starts in April.
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   February 28th 2011, 1:42 pm

I can not wait for this season to start - I am a "Deadliest Catch" addict! I have watched every episode since the very first one and have them all on DVD. LOL I started out liking Sig best initially and grew very fond of Phil. I am looking forward to seeing how Phil's boys do with his boat and his legacy. My least favorite captain is Keith.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   February 28th 2011, 1:54 pm

When does the new season start?

Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   March 29th 2011, 12:13 pm

Just saw the preview for this show the other night!! SO excited - this is one of my favorite shows. The show starts Tuesday, April 12th. I liked the commerical, Josh looks really serious. Looking forward to watching their fishing adventures but I have to admit that I will really miss Phil.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   March 29th 2011, 12:57 pm

honeybeeangel wrote:
Just saw the preview for this show the other night!! SO excited - this is one of my favorite shows. The show starts Tuesday, April 12th. I liked the commerical, Josh looks really serious. Looking forward to watching their fishing adventures but I have to admit that I will really miss Phil.

Me, too, about everything. It will seem odd without Phil but it will be exciting to see how the boys/young men carry on with the legacy they were given.

Thanks for updating Honey. I've seen commercials but didn't know when it would begin.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   March 29th 2011, 2:36 pm

are all the boats back? wasn't their some issues with 2 of the boats?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   March 29th 2011, 2:47 pm

bergen wrote:
are all the boats back? wasn't their some issues with 2 of the boats?

This is what they've released so far. Looks like they're all back plus two new ships!

If It Ain't Hell, They Ain't Happy

New Season Begins April 12, 2011!

New blood, old wounds and rivalries that never die. For some it's a season of change; for others, a chance to make a name for themselves, but some things remain constant: the perilous, icy waters of the Bering Sea and most dangerous job in the world. After a record breaking, heartbreaking season last year, the Emmy award-winning DEADLIEST CATCH returns to Discovery Channel, Tuesday, April 12 at 9 pm ET/PT.

All the captains are back to do what they do best: fish for crab, with a one hundred million dollar reward on the line. But, this season, one challenge after another seems to rock each boat to its core. In the end, all the captains will come to the realization that the most violent storms come from within.

In the New Season, the dark clouds and long shadow of their father's death still hang heavy on sons Josh and Jake Harris but now they need to show the rest of the fleet that they can come back and step it up as co-owners of the Cornelia Marie.

After briefly auditioning successors in the wheelhouse of the Time Bandit last season, Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand are center stage again with no intention of stepping down but they soon find their lucky streak in crabbing could be coming to an end.

Over on the Northwestern, Captain Sig Hansen is still left guessing if his brother Edgar is committed to sticking with the family business. And the usually steady and reliable, Captain Keith Colburn gambles and ventures into uncharted fishing grounds hoping for a big payoff for the Wizard.

Two new boats join the fleet this season. Dubbed "the floating frat house," the Ramblin' Rose introduces a young, rowdy crew skippered by Elliot Neese, all of 28 years old, and already boasting about his fishing prowess. Seabrooke Captain Scott Campbell Jr., 36, adds youth and cockiness as well but behind the steely confidence, Junior is still haunted by the loss of a deckhand at sea. Can he battle back and conquer his demons?

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   March 29th 2011, 2:53 pm

I like sig...I also love that one boy on his boat (jake is it???)that loss his sister one year and his father went missing the next...I would like to see what happened with his father
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   March 29th 2011, 3:00 pm

bergen wrote:
I like sig...I also love that one boy on his boat (jake is it???)that loss his sister one year and his father went missing the next...I would like to see what happened with his father

Yes his name is Jacob too. Seems to be a nice kid, hard working and driven. I like Sig also. Looking forward to this season.
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   March 29th 2011, 3:10 pm

Thank you, Mappy! This is one of my all time favorite shows. I have watched it since the first episode and Sig was my favorite in the very begining. I like the Hillstrands but I love the crew on the Cornelia Marie. Keith on the Wizard is my least favorite.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   April 12th 2011, 10:26 pm

New Season starts tonight. I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5737
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   April 12th 2011, 10:30 pm

blueeyed wrote:
New Season starts tonight. I can't wait.

big hug

Thank you, thank you, I forgot. Put it on 10 pm reshowing. I would have missed it!
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   April 12th 2011, 11:53 pm

Your welcome, this show is up with BB for me.
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   April 13th 2011, 11:02 am

Ugh...not sure how I felt about last night. I loved that they started the show last night with Phil Harris. It made me cry to hear his voice talking about what fishing meant to him and what he wished for his children. Not sure I like the new Captain of his boat, but I hope that changes. I was excited when Jacob passed his drug test - good to see that he has cleaned up even with all the stress of his father's death. There were so many references to the Cornelia Marie not doing well this season from the new Captain, Josh and Jacob, I wonder how they are financially? I also read in an article in Entertainment Weekly a few weeks ago that they were having money issues and the new captain has demanded that the crew not smoke on the boat. Don't know how much of it was true but I hope that they do well Blue Crab fishing and make "boat loads" of money this season! Smile I am not a fan of the Wizard or Keith and he was on the episode a ton last night. The young Captain of that new boat that is Blue Crab fishing has to have catptions under everything he says - why are they having him? He is unable to communicate properly, just weird! Jonathan's risk of going back to the same fishing grounds for the 4th year in a row was a bust, hope they get on the crab! Sig, Edgar and Jake on the Northwestern are one of my favorite crews but last night all of them seemed very flat. I hope they perk up as the season progresses or I will be forced to fast forward through them when watching on DVR.

Weird, slow start to the season for me last night. I always find when there is a shift in one of my favorite shows it takes sometime to get used to it. Often times, unfortunately, I often stray from it when I can't get into it. I hope that doesn't happen to me this time - I have watched this show faithfully since the first episode and declared long ago that this is my absolute favorite show of all time. I hope it stays that way! Smile

What are your thoughts on last nights show? How do you feel about all the changes and the new boats? Do you think the old weathered Captains will get their gear on the crab and catch their quota this year? Or will the new, young whipper snapper Captain clean house this season?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   April 13th 2011, 12:59 pm

Haven't seen the whole show. The celebration of Phil's life at the beginning with the boats and crews was so nice.

It was flat... the bits and pieces I was able to see. I'm hoping it will change when I can watch the entire show in one sitting.
Back to top Go down
blueeyed
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   April 13th 2011, 1:58 pm

I have to say Honey I absolutely loved the show last night. I think the captian on the CM is just trying to assert himself as the captian. He has some huge shoes to fill.

I am not a fan of the Time Bandit, I find that the whole crew plays to the cameras and I mostly mute it when they are on. But my favorite is the NW too.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   April 13th 2011, 2:12 pm

I had not watched this show (except for brief glimpses on my way through the channels) until this past weekend. I can't believe what I had been missing.
My mom and I had on the marathon this weekend, and became addicted. I was a crying mess watching the show where Phil passed away.
I am really looking forward to following everyone this season.
Does anyone know what ever happened to the missing father of one of the deckhands?
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   April 13th 2011, 2:14 pm

Gail wrote:
I had not watched this show (except for brief glimpses on my way through the channels) until this past weekend. I can't believe what I had been missing.
My mom and I had on the marathon this weekend, and became addicted. I was a crying mess watching the show where Phil passed away.
I am really looking forward to following everyone this season.
Does anyone know what ever happened to the missing father of one of the deckhands?

That is Jacob (Northwestern deckhand) his Dad. I am not sure he was ever found.
Back to top Go down
honeybeeangel
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   April 13th 2011, 2:17 pm

blueeyed wrote:
I have to say Honey I absolutely loved the show last night. I think the captian on the CM is just trying to assert himself as the captian. He has some huge shoes to fill.

I am not a fan of the Time Bandit, I find that the whole crew plays to the cameras and I mostly mute it when they are on. But my favorite is the NW too.

He has HUGE shoes to fill. I did not like him the year before last when he was filling in for Phil while he was sick and last night he came off as arrogant and I don't care for that. I am glad you enjoyed the show - as I said before, it is my favorite show of all time.

A few years back, I told my boyfriend that if Phil or Sig would like me come out there for a month and watch their operation I would cook for them and be the "boat mom". LOL Big dreams! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery   

Back to top Go down

'Deadliest Catch' Season 5 ~ Discovery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: