Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   October 14th 2009, 8:41 pm

🇳🇴

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14894
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   October 15th 2009, 12:30 am

Damn this swine flu is starting to scare me. I hope she starts to feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

Number of posts : 43153
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   October 15th 2009, 7:18 pm

Exclusive: Melissa confirms she has swine flu

Melissa Rycroft has revealed that she has swine flu.
"I am indeed recovering from a bout of the H1N1 flu virus," the former Bachelor star, 26, tells Usmagazine.com exclusively. "Like most people who become infected, I thought I had a mild case of the common flu, but when my symptoms exacerbated, I immediately went to the hospital where I was diagnosed with H1N1 and given the proper medications to cure the infection."
She said she learned a lesson from fiance Tye Strickland's mother, who is a nurse: Get checkups and get better.
"I want to stress to people how easy it is to battle this flu when you take the proper steps such as seeking the care of a doctor," she tells Us. "I'm a clear case that by paying diligent attention to your health, it's easy to overcome this illness and be healthy again."
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1718

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   October 16th 2009, 12:22 pm

MelissaRycroft2 FINALLY back on my feet! Pheeww...that sure will knock you out! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!41 minutes ago from Echofon
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   October 17th 2009, 1:44 am

Good for her. No one I know has gotten swine flu and I want it to stay that way!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   October 18th 2009, 6:55 pm

Melissa Rycroft Good day!! Church and bridal shower with Tye, some football watching, and now at the airport heading to New York :-)
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   October 20th 2009, 4:50 pm

MelissaRycroft2 We're trying something new...going to see if blogging works :-) http://tyeandmelissa.blogsp...
8 minutes ago from web
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   October 20th 2009, 5:14 pm

http://tyeandmelissa.blogspot.com/

We thought it would be fun to start a blog! Just a way for us to share a bit of our life :-)

We've had a pretty good week so far! Sunday, we had a couple's shower at his parents' church, and it was so much fun! It was Tye's first experience at the whole 'shower' thing...so he got to open most of the presents! Talk about someone reverting back to being a child at Christmas!! Ha!

Right after the shower, Tye had to take me to the airport so I could head to New York. I've got a live Good Morning America segment on Thursday about brides and wedding gowns, and I had to come here to get to work!!

Meanwhile, while I've been gone, Tye has been Mr. Handyman around the house! Moving boxes, unpacking boxes, throwing away boxes....! He even said he has some surprises waiting for me when I get home...Hmmmm!! I'm secretly wondering if it's small, poofy, and barks...... ;-)

Posted by Melissa and Tye at 2:22 PM
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   October 30th 2009, 9:45 am

MelissaRycroft2 Haha! Kelly Ripa dressed up as me!!
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 4th 2009, 3:15 pm

http://twitpic.com/oa3ov - Heading to the airport to head to New York!! We'll both be doing GMA tomorrow :-)4 minutes ago from TwitPic

~ Happy thoughts fill your life with happiness ~
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 5th 2009, 1:39 pm

http://twitpic.com/ocz0l - Just finished GMA and enjoying some coffee in Times Square :-)about 5 hours ago from TwitPic

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 5th 2009, 1:57 pm

They are getting married in December......she looked sooo happy on GMA today! I love her! And he's easy on the eyes too! LOL

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 5th 2009, 2:17 pm

lovin wrote:
They are getting married in December......she looked sooo happy on GMA today! I love her! And he's easy on the eyes too! LOL

They are? That seems quick.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 5th 2009, 2:35 pm

Moody wrote:
lovin wrote:

They are? That seems quick.

I thought so also, but remember they had dated before she went on the show.

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 16th 2009, 5:46 pm

Melissa Rycroft Celebrates Bachelorette Party in Las Vegas

Melissa Rycroft and fiance Tye Strickland pulled out all the stops Friday for their joint bachelorette and bachelor parties in Las Vegas.
The happy couple flew out 12 of their closest friends for dinner, dancing and theater shows at The Palazzo and Venetian hotels.
See who's getting hitched next.
The couple and their friends each took in a separate theater show -- Rycroft, 26, and her girlfriends saw Jersey Boys while Strickland, 28, joined pals for Phantom - Las Vegas Spectacular -- before coming together for dinner at Dos Caminos. Later in the weekend, the group played in a girls vs. boys poker tournament at The Venetian Poker Room.
Although they spent much of the weekend separated with their pals, Rycroft and Strickland were able to sneak away for some one-on-one time.
Check out the day's top celeb news photos.
On Saturday, the couple got cozy during a gondola ride down the Grand Canal at the Venetian and enjoyed cupcakes from Sweet Surrender (a Red Velvet for her and "anything with coconut" for him).
A former Bachelor contestant and Dancing With the Stars finalist, Rycroft got engaged this past June.
Revisit Melissa's time on Dancing With the Stars.
"Sometimes the stars align and the clouds part and everything works out the way it should," Rycroft -- who was famously dumped by Jason Mesnick on the Bachelor -- said of her new romance.
Rycroft has said her Dec. 12 wedding to the Dallas insurance agent will be "laid back and fun."
"That's me, that's my personality," she said. "I am not stuffy."

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 16th 2009, 8:16 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 16th 2009, 8:17 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 16th 2009, 8:19 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 16th 2009, 8:20 pm

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 16th 2009, 8:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 16th 2009, 9:12 pm

Thanks so much Happy, great pics. I'm thrilled she will be on DWTS tomorrow nite, love her, she's a doll
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   November 17th 2009, 2:58 am

Nice pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 2nd 2009, 3:54 pm

Melissa Rycroft Chooses Alfred Angelo for Her Wedding Dress

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 2nd 2009, 3:55 pm

Melissa Rycroft Chooses Alfred Angelo for Her Wedding Dress

For her upcoming wedding to Tye Strickland, former Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars star Melissa Rycroft will walk down the aisle wearing an Alfred Angelo bridal gown. “It’s so cliché you always hear everyone say ‘you know it when you see it,’ and absolutely it was the first dress I saw and the very first dress I tried on, and I just knew it. I love it,” said Rycroft on Good Morning America. The former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader has not revealed the details of her dress, but said the theme of her wedding would be “laid back and fun — that’s me. I’m not stuffy or anything like that.” Alfred Angelo designer Michael Shettel, who also designed The Biggest Loser winner Michelle Aguilar’s wedding gown, is honored the reality star selected one of his gowns. “Melissa’s a beautiful woman, inside and out. She has a fabulous personality, and I am thrilled to work with her for her very special day,” said Shettel. Rycroft proved her resilience after Bachelor star Jason Mesnick broke off their engagement on national TV — she started dating Strickland, her hometown sweetheart, soon after and was planning their wedding six months later. Want to know more about Melissa’s gown style? Stay tuned for more coverage on Alfred Angelo’s Web site. Tell us: Are you excited to see what Melissa’s dress looks like?

Source:People

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 11th 2009, 5:34 am

For what it's worth -

Melissa Rycroft has set a wedding date just months after announcing her engagement to fiance, Tye Strickland.

The new issue of UsWeekly reports The Bachelor star, 26, is set to wed insurance-agent beau Tye on Dec. 12.

“We aren’t doing much. I think small, we plan small,” says Melissa, who got engaged less than six months after being jilted in January by then fiance & Bachelor star, Jason Mesnick. “But whether it’s going to turn out the way we have it in our minds, I don’t know!”

UsWeekly is also reporting that Melissa has invited her former Bachelor costars, Jillian Harris and Naomi Crespo. Her former Dancing With the Stars partner Tony Dovolani, also scored an invite.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 11th 2009, 6:41 am

I knew it was this month just didn't know when for sure. I'm really so happy for Melissa.....Jason still an ass!

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 11th 2009, 5:02 pm

That is tommorow! I am going to see if there is an annoucement in my local paper. She lives in Dallas like me so maybe there will be something in D magazine too?

Back to top Go down
Amanda09
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 12th 2009, 1:38 pm

This is Melissa's interview in the latest issue of US magazine:

She only days away from saying her I do’s. On December 12…to Tye Strikland 28. The setting? A pals home on the beach in Mexico. Life is crazy and busy…but its great. Rycroft who will walk down the isle in an Alfred Angelo Gown Tells US she’s no Bridezilla. The Good Morning America Correspondent, 26, said her day will be laid back and fun, that’s me… But one thing she is strick about is: Cohabiting only when hitched says Rycroft of the Dallas pad she has bought with Strickland. “I’m getting the house ready for Tye to move in after the wedding.”

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 12th 2009, 4:31 pm

I guess today is the day? I looked no news,yet?

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 12th 2009, 4:36 pm

Wedding Bells for Melissa Rycroft!
Today is the big day for Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars contestant Melissa Rycroft, who will tie the knot with her fiancé, insurance agent Tye Strickland, in Mexico on Saturday, PEOPLE has learned.

The couple, who met three years ago in their hometown Dallas, got engaged in June, less than four months after Rycroft was jilted on national television by Bachelor star Jason Mesnick.

"I'm really happy for her," Mesnick tells PEOPLE. "This whole journey took her to a place where things looked like they were down for her. But then she ended up with the person she was mean to be with. That's what life's all about. I couldn't be happier for her."

Indeed, after what looked like a downer season of The Bachelor, it turns out that Mesnick and his top three choices on the dating show all found love in 2009. After splitting with Rycroft, Mesnick began dating runner-up Molly Malaney. The two became engaged last October in New Zealand.

Then second runner-up, Jillian Harris, starred on The Bachelorette. She and Chicago software consultant Ed Swiderski got engaged on the season finale last May and are now living together in Chicago.

Rycroft, 26, and Strickland, 28, were previously a couple but split shortly before she left to be a contestant on The Bachelor last year. The couple rekindled in January, Rycroft told PEOPLE.

"Tye and I picked right back up," Rycroft said shortly after getting engaged. "He's my best friend."

Rycroft will wear an Alfred Angelo gown at the south-of-the-border nuptials, which will be attended by family and close friends.

"We want to have it be as fun and relaxing as possible for our families," Rycroft said last summer as she and Strickland planned for the big day. "I just want it to be fun and a day everyone will remember. Tye is my true love."

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20326898,00.html

Back to top Go down
Amanda09
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 12th 2009, 9:02 pm

From EOnline...a first post wedding quote from Melissa:

Melissa Rycroft Beats Jason to the Altar

Today 3:45 PM PST by Natalie Finn
Melissa Rycroft, Tye Strickland AP Photo / Tammie Arroyo

Melissa Rycroft has said "I do." More importantly, so has the guy.

Once one half of the most devastating Bachelor breakup, the 26-year-old Good Morning America correspondent is now part of an official twosome, having swapped vows Saturday afternoon in Mexico with fellow Texan Tye Strickland.

"Tye is my best friend in the world, and now he's my partner forever. We have had such a journey within our relationship, that to finally look at him and see my husband, gives me the calmest, most content feeling in the world," Rycroft told In Touch Weekly. "I love him so much and am so excited for our forever to begin!"

The bride wore an Alfred Angelo gown. Tony Dovolani, who took Rycroft all the way to the finals on Dancing With the Stars, and Bachelorette Jillian Harris were on the guest list.

Rycroft and Strickland dated on and off for a couple of years before reconnecting after The Bachelor debacle.

Here are a few more wedding details...including a few that were sleuthed by some of us who are members of another Melissa Rycroft fan site:

Melissa flew in Dallas celebrity hair stylist, Amy Allen, to help her prepare for her special day.

Melissa and Tye became husband and wife in a sunset ceremony attended by family and friends on the small island of Isla Mujeres, near Cancun, at a beach front home owned by a friend of Melissa's, Dallas billionaire and owner of the Mavericks NBA basketball team, Mark Cuban.

They sealed their vows with a kiss as an instrumental version of the Monday Night Football theme song played.

The wedding celebration is still continuing as I post this...Congratulations to the happy couple.

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 12th 2009, 9:14 pm

Thanks Amanda! I can't wait to see Wedding pictures!

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 12th 2009, 9:14 pm

So happy for Melissa!

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 13th 2009, 12:05 am

Well, Jillian obviously didn't attend the wedding since she's in Chicago hanging out with James Rhine and Eliza from Survivor.

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 13th 2009, 8:40 pm

Melissa Rycroft Says "I Do!"

Nearly a year after being rejected on national television by Jason Mesnick, former Bachelor contestant Melissa Rycroft is finally a married woman.
Rycroft swapped vows with fiance of six months, Dallas insurance agent Tye Strickland, Saturday in Mexico, Usmagazine.com has confirmed.
The couple became husband and wife in a 30-minute sunset ceremony attended by family and friends at a home on Isla Mujeres, a small island near Cancun. Rycroft, a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, and Strickland sealed their tear-filled vows with a kiss as an instrumental version of the Monday Night Football theme song played.
Check out the other stars set to say "I Do."
Rycroft wore a strapless corsetted Alfred Angelo gown and was barefoot as her father escorted her down the aisle. Her four bridesmaids donned salmon-colored dresses and carried bouquets of orange roses, while Strickland's groomsman wore mint green button-down shirts and khaki trousers.
The 26-year-old Rycroft -- who celebrated her impending nuptials with Strickland, 28, and their pals at a joint Nov. 15 bachelor/bachelorette party in Las Vegas -- has long said her ceremony would be low-key.
See Us' collection of stunning celebrity wedding photos!
"I'm not stuffy or anything," the Good Morning America correspondent and 2009 Dancing With the Stars finalist, has said. "That's not my personality.
Engaged since June, Rycroft and Strickland rekindled their romance after Rycroft's abrupt dismissal from the ABC series. Dumped by Mesnick for runner-up Molly Malaney, Rycroft calls being jilted "one of the best things that has happened to me in my life."
See how some of TV's most memorable reality romances played out on the small screen.
"We've been really good friends, but the timing was never right," the bride told Us at the time of Strickland. "With all this going on, he's my support system. It's funny how things happen."
Find out if your favorite Bachelor couples are still together!
The pair, who will make their home in the suburbs of Dallas, say children are in their future.
"I definitely want to have kids, but not any time soon," Rycroft says. "We want to put ourselves first for as long as we can. I want it to be us for as long as possible before we have some little twerp running around."
Adds Strickland, "If we procreate, we are going to have a little terror!"

Source: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/melissa-rycroft-gets-married-1970218

Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 13th 2009, 8:50 pm

Thanks Amanda

I'm happy for Melissa.

Lovin I still think Jason is an ass, too.
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 14th 2009, 7:15 pm

Newlywed Melissa Rycroft to Have a 'Wonderful Life,' Pals say
They couldn't make it to her weekend wedding in Cancun, Mexico, but Melissa Rycroft's Dancing With the Stars’ partner and her fellow Bachelor contestant wish her all the best.

Tony Dovolani and Jillian Harris were on the guest list for Rycroft's South of the Border nuptials to Dallas insurance agent Tye Strickland, but other obligations prevented them from being able to attend.

"I'm so bummed I couldn't be there. I was dancing in Florida, but I was thinking about her on Saturday. I'm so happy for her and Tye," Dovolani tells PEOPLE.

Harris, who vied alongside Rycroft for Jason Mesnick's affection on The Bachelor earlier this year, and her fiancé, Ed Swiderski, also couldn't make the trip.

"We would have loved to be there," Harris says. "Melissa will always be a close friend of mine."

The two women stayed in touch after Rycroft was dumped by Mesnick and went on compete in Dancing with the Stars. She's now a correspondent for Good Morning America. Harris, meanwhile, became The Bachelorette. "We shared an experience that not many friends can say they have," Harris adds.

As for what lies ahead for Rycroft and Strickland, Dovolani says their future is bright.

"They make such a beautiful couple and they are going to have a wonderful life together as husband and wife," Dovolani says.

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20327233,00.html

Back to top Go down
katydidit
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2145

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 14th 2009, 9:19 pm

HAPPY, your avi cracks me up, how cute is that.

I think the guy she is marrying is a lot cuter than Jason was anyway. I always felt like Jason was little wimpy. I'll be so glad when I get back to liking the people in the majority again..Sad
Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 15th 2009, 3:23 am

Melissa Rycroft Gets Married
The Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft tied the knot with her insurance salesman beau Tye Strickland in a sunset wedding in Mexico on Saturday.

"The wedding started promptly at 4:30 during sunset," a wedding guest tells Star of the nuptials that took place on Isla Mujeres, a small island off of Cancun..

"It was a rental property that throws events and they exchanged vows right on the beach," the guest says. "Melissa walked down an aisle decked with white flowing fabrics that trailed all the way down to the dock where the altar was. Her father gave her away."

Melissa wore a strapless Alfred Angelo weddin gown with a mermaid flair. "It had layers of ruffles that flowed to the ground creating a somewhat short train. She was barefoot along with the other members of her wedding party. The bridesmaids wore peach dresses while the groomsmen wore khaki pants with a light seafoam colored button down shirt."

Source: [url=http://www.starmagazine.com/melissa_rycroft_married_wedding_mexico/news/16321]http://www.starmagazine.com/melissa_rycroft_married_wedding_mexico/news/16321[/url]

Back to top Go down
HAPPY4LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   December 15th 2009, 3:32 am

Quote :
HAPPY, your avi cracks me up, how cute is that.

Thank you! I love it! It was created by MyScott! She always does beautiful work!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Rycroft thread   

Back to top Go down

Melissa Rycroft thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: