AuthorMessage
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 26th 2009, 8:14 pm

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-22647

TVrage said they're slated for six episodes. I suppose they'll order more or another season if this is well received... or maybe someone made Bravo an offer they couldn't refuse and made them keep it to six Wink
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 26th 2009, 8:20 pm

Mappy, that link didn't work for me so I'm posting the one that I found.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/videos/whether-you-like-it-or-not

Thanks for the info too. I noticed when I was watching some of the clips, they said "season 1" so I guess it's just a season at a time.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 26th 2009, 9:07 pm

Did someone wax Dina's ugly cat??
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 26th 2009, 9:33 pm

thatgirl wrote:
Did someone wax Dina's ugly cat??

lol! It doesn't shed and cost a bundle.

Love the botox party. I'm more into MaryKay myself. Shocked
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 26th 2009, 10:19 pm

Okay, so I missed it...exactly what did Dina say that got Danielle so pissed during the botox party?

I know she said that she wouldn't do it, but there was something else that apparently really ticked her off.

Also, did anyone catch the name of the book that apparently has info about Danielle in it?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 26th 2009, 10:29 pm

tealover wrote:
Okay, so I missed it...exactly what did Dina say that got Danielle so pissed during the botox party?

I know she said that she wouldn't do it, but there was something else that apparently really ticked her off.

Also, did anyone catch the name of the book that apparently has info about Danielle in it?

Didn't catch either. Sorry tealover.
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 26th 2009, 10:39 pm

Tealover, I think Dina said she would be happy to shoot the botox needle into Danielle....something like 'let me shoot her'. I didn't catch the name of the book.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 26th 2009, 11:02 pm

Yep, she said something about let me shoot her, I liked too.

I don't think they mentioned the book name, Not yet anyway.

I don't think I like Daniela or Dina.

I like the other three pretty much.

Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 1:04 am

The book is named "Cop Without a Badge" and speculation is that it contains a mug shot of Danielle. (I watched a rerun later tonight and when the book was mentioned, a copy of it was held up, so I paid attention to the name.)
Back to top Go down
cattychic
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 6:58 am

When Daniele asked the Doctor's name and said the only part of it she could say was "cock"...I believe Dina said "we already knew that". I think it was a combination of slur's that Dina was making that pissed Daniele off. I didn't know they only ordered 6 episodes....that suck's. I'm liking this show so I hope they order more.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 3:52 pm

Bethenny blogged about RHNJ:

http://tinyurl.com/peer8s
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 5:43 pm

Thanks, everyone. I found Betheny's blog very interesting and I agreed with most of her take. I, too, am feeling a little teased about the coming attractions. When is Theresa going to toss that table??? When is Caroline going to yell something about the family???? Probably some of the only reasons why I am still watching.

I'm gonna have to check out that book! lol
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 6:45 pm

'Real Housewives of New Jersey''s Danielle Staub

She was one of the first women in New Jersey to have a black American Express card ... she's been engaged more than a dozen times ... she's connected to the Mafia ... she was involved with Columbian drug dealers and a kidnapping ...

Those are but a few of the rumors that have swirled around 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' scene stealer Danielle Staub since Bravo first unspooled the preview clips of the guilty pleasure reality drama.

After a couple weeks of Danielle dramas -- with her rival Dina, her ex-husband and her current dating life (who knew basic cable even allowed the utterance of the word she used to describe a certain part of her anatomy on last night's episode?) -- it looks like we may finally get some answers. Next Tuesday's installment promises to shed some light on at least a few of the Staub mysteries, namely those involving her alleged illegal activities.

Fittingly, the Internet's buzzing with some new Danielle rumors right now. Allegedly, the book 'Cop Without a Badge,' by Charles Kipps, is about Staub's ex-husband, Kevin Maher, and his connections to some shady characters. The tome, now out of print (though, as of Wednesday morning, available used on Half.com), also unfolds a backstory on Danielle, including, according to a Bravo fan, a police mugshot of the woman who claims, in her Bravo bio, to have had many a celeb fling and to be a regular churchgoer.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 6:46 pm

The stage mom scares me almost as much as that bald cat does. That little Gia is so cute, why is she trying to mess her up? And what' up with the mom's teeny tiny forehead? I have never seen such a low forehead.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 7:39 pm

MUG SHOT PHOTO? Here is a picture of Cop Without a Badge by Kevin Maher. Is Danielle Staub (Real Housewives of New Jersey) in the book Cop Without a Badge, with or without a mugshot?

Back to top Go down
Tinkerbell

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 7:54 pm

thatgirl wrote:
The stage mom scares me almost as much as that bald cat does. That little Gia is so cute, why is she trying to mess her up? And what' up with the mom's teeny tiny forehead? I have never seen such a low forehead.

Yes that cat scares me too, it's just skin. Does anyone know what it's called? I want to know why it doesn't have any hair.

I love how the mom say's I don't have to tell her how to pose and the next scene is of her telling the little girl how to pose.

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 8:10 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:

Yes that cat scares me too, it's just skin. Does anyone know what it's called? I want to know why it doesn't have any hair.

It's called a Sphynx and they are very freaky looking aren't they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphynx_(cat)
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 27th 2009, 9:43 pm

Yes the cat is weird looking.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 28th 2009, 9:05 am

I don't care for any of these women, except for Jacqueline. I find Danielle to be particularly unappealling, followed by mean Dina. And Theresa is the worst kind of stage mother there is. Caroline is still on the fence for me. I grew up around women like this, and it still seems very foreign to me. I had friends who had mafia dads and matriarch moms. They are very warm people, as long as they like you. Fortunately for me, I was a sweet kid:) Otherwise, they would have kept their kids away. They tend to be very clannish like we see on the show.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 28th 2009, 9:50 am

I agree, thatgirl. I find the RHNY much more interesting, spats and all - well, except Ramona...she bugs me, but I'll give it up that she adds drama to the show!
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 28th 2009, 10:24 am

Can you believe, that I never saw the NY version, and I live in NY? I've seen all the others though. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 29th 2009, 3:28 pm

I still haven't seen episode 3, not on youtube yet. Here's someone else who's singing lol!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Kevin Maher Giving Exclusive Story to “Star”

from the Gawker

• We tracked down Kevin Maher, the former FBI informant and ex-husband of Danielle Staub whom he called a "coke whore." He's under a "contract" with Star for the exclusive to his story, so couldn't really talk. But he thinks Danielle's life is in danger.

• "I've decided to give an exclusive to Star," Maher said when we called him. "That comes out Tuesday, so I can't talk until then. But yes, I was married to her. She did a lot of things that I think will put her life in danger. She was involved with the drug cartels in Cali and Medellín." That much is already clear from the promos Bravo has been running for Tuesday night's episode and Cop Without a Badge, the 1995 book about Maher's life as an informant.
    Speaking of which, copies of the out-of-print title are currently going for upwards of $100 on Ebay, and Maher says negotiations are underway for a new paperback edition. And Maher's exclusive interview with Star comes out on Tuesday, the day of the next episode of Housewives. Everybody wins!
    A representative for Bravo did not immediately return phone calls and e-mails asking for a comment as to why a television network would gleefully (and profitably!) air details of the woman's life under the pretense of a "reality" show when those details may piss off some of the violent people Staub used to run with. On the other hand, it's likely that all those details have already been aired, by Maher himself, in Cop Without a Badge (we haven't seen a full copy yet).
    Bravo's bio on Staub says "she prides herself on being one of the first women in New Jersey (and 14th person in the country) to have a Black American Express Card and her history of celebrity hook-ups is one for the record books." She was also the millionth woman in New Jersey to be a stripper and get involved in the cocaine business. Other details of Staub's past are set to be revealed on the show next week.
    UPDATE: A Bravo rep got back to us with their stock response to the Staub controversy, the most delightfully absurd work of flack lunacy we've encountered in a long, long time: "Bravo does not comment on the personal lives of our talent." Eleven words, three lies: Guess what they are!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 29th 2009, 4:15 pm

Wow Jack'd! Maybe this is one of the reasons the show is only six episodes! (I'm not laughing I tell you! I'm...n..oooo..tttt ahahahahahahahahahahaha)
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 31st 2009, 6:19 am

Found this on AOL this a.m.

'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Star Danielle Staub Exposed

'Real Housewives of New Jersey''s Danielle Staub is in for a major reality check.

The Star-Ledger has uncovered a copy of the now infamous 'Cop Without a Badge,' an out-of-print book that has been the center of a media firestorm after Bravo showed a preview of next week's episode, airing Tuesday at 10PM. According to the preview, 'Badge' allegedly holds the key to Staub's dark and scandalous past.

So what does the book actually say? According to the article, 'Badge' profiles a woman named Beverly Merrill, a promiscuous, drug-using stripper who in 1986 was charged with extortion, kidnapping and possession. The charges claimed she had ties to a kidnapping incident involving her drug dealer friend, who allegedly kidnapped, beat and starved a rich kid who owed him $25,000, before calling his father for ransom.

Merrill was subsequently released from jail on $10,000 bail, says the article. A few days later, she met the book's protagonist, Kevin Maher, at a party in Miami. The connection was instant and led to "explosive sex" -- not to mention Maher using his connections to help Merrill avoid jail. The book says Merrill only pleaded guilty to extortion and got off on five years' probation.

But the relationship wasn't meant to be. Although the couple reportedly went on to marry, Maher (who was already married at the time) felt Merrill was not suitable mother material. The destruction continued later when Merrill started stripping as -- you guessed it -- "Danielle" and later had an affair with another man.

Whether these allegations actually pertain to Staub remains to be seen.

However, a new report from Gawker only appears to support the evidence. After a public records search, the site found that Staub has gone by three other names, including Beverly Merrill (as an added bonus: Gawker also has two scanned pages of the book, which highlight Maher and Merrill's first encounter).
Now we really can't wait for Tuesday's episode.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 31st 2009, 9:30 pm

I finally caught up with the shows today.

Danielle would drive me crazy. I feel for her kids if half of what is said or printed is true. Caroline is definitely Mom material and I like her so far. The rest of the cast I don't know yet.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 2nd 2009, 11:32 am

New Episode tonight @ 10pm repeat at 11pm

BLACK & WHITE AND READ ALL OVER
Teresa is busy
juggling her daughter's acting career while trying to move her family
into their dream home. While the ladies decide to get together to
discuss Danielle's shady past, Jacqueline takes it upon herself to
confront Danielle about the rumors and her possible connections south
of the Border. Drama seems to follow Danielle as she and Teresa's
husband are involved in a nasty confrontation.

Number of posts : 35502
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 2nd 2009, 1:39 pm

I swore I wasn't going to watch this!!
But there is a mini marathon on tonight before the new show. I guess I'll record it and dive in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 2nd 2009, 3:29 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
I swore I wasn't going to watch this!!
But there is a mini marathon on tonight before the new show. I guess I'll record it and dive in.

lol! Why not?! It's only six episodes... at least that's what I tell myself.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 2nd 2009, 3:58 pm

Bethenny is watching tonight's episode of the RH of NJ & blogging about it. Woah.about 4 hours ago from web

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 2nd 2009, 10:02 pm

Not sure how I'm feeling about these girls! I like Jacqueline, but that's all I can definitely say. I find it interesting that this guy, Tommy, has been friends with Danielle for 27 years, but she is just now telling him what happened in her past. He had supposedly known her for three years before it happened. scratch

I will say that if this show didn't have Danielle, they wouldn't really have a show, because everyone else is boring. The next most interesting character is the little girl actress wannabe! Razz
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 2nd 2009, 10:11 pm

I agree glued. I am not sure what any of them bring to the table quite frankly. Even the previews that show drama pan out to be nothing, like Danielle's supposed "fight" with Teresa's husband. Nothing really at all.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 2nd 2009, 10:11 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
Not sure how I'm feeling about these girls! I like Jacqueline, but that's all I can definitely say. I find it interesting that this guy, Tommy, has been friends with Danielle for 27 years, but she is just now telling him what happened in her past. He had supposedly known her for three years before it happened. scratch

I was thinking the same thing during the show.

I liked Dina with her daughter tonight. I hadn't liked her too much until tonight.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 2nd 2009, 10:26 pm

And all this incredible drama, yours, in six short installments lol!
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 2nd 2009, 10:38 pm

I am also wondering if you think that it is a bit hypocritical of Dina and Caroline with the Manzo's own skeletons. I wouldn't want to hang out with anybody like that but I am not sure I'd be hanging with the Manzo's either.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 2nd 2009, 11:27 pm

I was googling some of them and found this article with some info I hadn't heard. It was at nj.com:

There couldn't be a "Real Housewives of New Jersey" without a little "Sopranos."

The cast of the Garden State version of the Bravo series, filmed in and around Franklin Lakes in Bergen County, includes sisters Dina and Caroline Manzo, who married the brothers who own Paterson's storied The Brownstone, a catering hall that has been featured on the HBO series.

What's more, the paterfamilias of the clan, restaurateur Albert "Tiny" Manzo was found naked, partially bound in plastic and shot to death inside the trunk of his Lincoln Continental in Hillside in 1983. In a case that went all the way up to the state Supreme Court, the judges ruled that his widow could not collect on his life insurance policy because the 350-pound man lied on his application about having diabetes.

What else did we dig up on these Housewives? Dina Manzo, described by People magazine as an interior designer, event planner and founder of the children's cancer charity Project Ladybug, appeared with her future husband on VH1's "My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding." The bill for the million-dollar-plus nuptials included a $10,000 Badgley Mischka gown, $50,000 for hand-blown glass butterflies, and nearly $500,000 in flowers. The tender memory of her future husband admitting on camera that he had cheated on her? Free.

Her sister Caroline is a mother of three and the owner of a real estate firm, and their brother Chris is married to another castmate, Jacqueline Laurita, a former cosmetologist turned stay-at-home mom. (She has a teenage daughter from another marriage and a six-year-old son with Chris.)

Rounding out the cast: Teresa Giudice, who has three young daughters with husband Joe, who owns a construction company, and Danielle Staub, a single mother of two daughters who boasts of being one of the first female American Express Black card members in New Jersey. In a clip reel shown to reporters last year, Staub boasted of 19 engagements and of kissing Mick Jagger. We're not sure which of those three accomplishments is more impressive.

The show premieres May 12. We know you're gonna watch.

I didn't know that Dina had been on MBFFW - and the part about her husband... Shocked
I also didn't know that Caroline owns a real estate firm - did they talk about that on the show? If so, I don't remember. And I didn't know that part about Danielle kissing Mick Jagger, but who cares? Razz
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 3rd 2009, 1:03 am

That was an interesting article Glued. Thanks.

I have to say I did identify with Caroline tonight when her son was dancing with Danielle. Knowing she was currently dating a guy just a couple of years older than Albie (that is his name, right?) and her colorful past, Caroline was ready to spring into action and kick her ass at any minute. I had to laugh.

I lilked Dina with her daughter tonight too. It is easy to identify with her seeing her little girl growing up and being a little sad about it. I wonder if her husband just does not want to be on the show or if he really is gone 'on business' as much as she said in earlier show.

I wonder which way Jacqueline will go on the Danielle thing. I can see her wanting to be allowed to choose her own friends but it sounds like it will create distance from her SIL's and maybe even trouble with her hubby. Since I don't care for Danielle it is easy for me to say she just isn't worth the trouble.
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 3rd 2009, 5:36 am

I'm not a fan of any of them but the total trashing of Danielle on this show is just so wrong IMO. It happened 24 years ago when she was 21, she has an ugly mugshot and associated with the wrong people I understand...but does she have a prison record? was she convicted? I don't care for her but it's just so wrong to do this to anyone.
No one picked up on Dina carting the book around to so many places? and Theresa saying last week that guy was with Danielle just for sex but Danielle feeling there was something there was obvious to all and this week for the BJ's, she's a great example of a friend if this was being said and not telling Danielle the truth about him but is so willing to spout it on air to the cameras. IMO Danielle lived in the fast lane for many years and paid a price but is what she says she is and knows who she is (in her mind). They show on the show her talking about Dina but don't show what Dina has said and done to her that she is saying she has direct info on.
The dancing with Carolines son was to me no sexual, flirty thing, she took it seriously and was more so teaching him but as a group they zeroed in on the negative as usual.
It seems this is a totally destroy Danielle show and I think that is so wrong, she's right, she is a mother so they are really hitting below the belt on this one.
What a downright ugly trainwreck this show is all around..JMHO

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
♥ www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy ♥
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 3rd 2009, 12:01 pm

I am still Rolling Eyes @ Teresa's Husband Tommy pulling all those 100 Dollar bills out and paying for the furniture again last night.

Construction must not being having the slump in NJ that it is having in the rest of the county.

Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   June 3rd 2009, 12:40 pm

icecoffee wrote:
I am still Rolling Eyes @ Teresa's Husband Tommy pulling all those 100 Dollar bills out and paying for the furniture again last night.

Construction must not being having the slump in NJ that it is having in the rest of the county.

Um, I'm in NJ and we own a construction business and I WISH I had that stack of money!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   

Back to top Go down

Housewives of New Jersey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: (The) Real Housewives-
Jump to: