AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 10:31 am

VickiDish @VickiHy · 8m 8 minutes ago
Break in hearing. Conflicting reports from lawyers as to whether Joe filed his tax returns since 2009.

VickiDish @VickiHy · 56s 56 seconds ago
Judge days the pattern of omissions & inconsistencies does not make the couple seem worthy of leniency

Shoot, I gotta go! I'll check back when I can.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 11:13 am

Thanks for the links and info! This made me sad:

Gia Giudice @TrueGia · 5h 4 hours ago

family forever💫🌟

Those girls didn't ask for any of this, and losing their grandfather this summer, too...my heart just goes out to them, especially Gia, because she is old enough to really understand what it going on.

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 12:36 pm

41 months for Joe + 2yrs probation. Teresa waiting sentencing
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 12:58 pm

VickiDish ‏@VickiHy  · 2m2 minutes ago  
Other tidbits: Joe's lawyer says Joe has a drinking problem & wants rehab for client. #RHONJ

Which gives them a shot at picking a nearby treatment facility with nice accommodations for him to serve out at least part of his sentence, is my understanding, from what I've read.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 1:06 pm

The Trial File ‏@TheTrialFile · 2m2 minutes ago
ICYMI: A Deportation decision will come AFTER Joe serves his 41mo sentence. #RHONJ

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 1:29 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
VickiDish ‏@VickiHy  · 2m2 minutes ago  
Other tidbits: Joe's lawyer says Joe has a drinking problem & wants rehab for client. #RHONJ

Which gives them a shot at picking a nearby treatment facility with nice accommodations for him to serve out at least part of his sentence, is my understanding, from what I've read.

Judge hinting that Teresa will get time. Will serve her time before Joe. Might be a ploy to try to save Teresa before sentencing. They may be trying to say "would you leave four little girls alone with an Alcoholic?"

VickiDish @VickiHy · 28m 28 minutes ago
IF Teresa gets prison, sentence will be staggered, she will serve 1st & Immigration won't come after Joe 'til later. http://s.nj.com/4S1g8SI
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35502
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 2:22 pm

Why do people keep making jokes about a person named Amber?
( I haven't watched New Jersey since the first year.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 3:18 pm

Here we go -

VickiDish @VickiHy · 45m 45 minutes ago
Judge denied request to downgrade recommended sentence per fed. Guidelines for Teresa Giudice. Still waiting on sentence. #rhonj

VickiDish @VickiHy · 29m 29 minutes ago
Prosecutor wants judge to reject home confinement for Teresa Guidice 'in the very house she built on fraudulent loans.' #rhonj

VickiDish @VickiHy · 8m 8 minutes ago
Teresa Giudice breaks down in tears addressing judge: 'I am more sorry than anyone will ever know.' #RHONJ

VickiDish @VickiHy · 2m 2 minutes ago
Teresa Giuduce tells judge 'I will make this right.' Judge about to deliver sentence.

VickiDish @VickiHy · 57s 57 seconds ago
'My four daughters are my life. I don't care about the TV show.' Teresa Giudice to judge. #RHONJ

Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 3:44 pm

She got 15 months.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 4:03 pm

North Jersey News ‏@NorthJerseybrk  · 5m5 minutes ago  
Teresa must surrender for her 15 month prison sentence Jan. 5, allowing her the holidays w/ her kids - http://bit.ly/1sPB9jE  #RHONJ

Jack Barbosa @TheJackBarbosa     ·  4m 4 minutes ago  
If Teresa maintains good faith in Prison she can be out in 12 mths! #RHONJ #Giudice #GiudiceDay

Jack Barbosa @TheJackBarbosa     ·  1m 1 minute ago  
Correction! Teresa will begin to serve her sentence beginning on 1/5/15. She can be out within 12mths on good faith in Jail! #RHONJ

^He's been reporting from the courthouse, and also said another season of RHONJ is planned. I guess they'll film in the months before Jan. 5 (she serves her sentence before Joe does).

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 4:43 pm

This is just sad - those poor precious girls. Teresa is going to have to dip deep to get through this. Wonder what would have happened with their lives if they had not gotten caught up in RHNJ?

The alcohol treatment is pretty common to help lessen the sentence (whether there is a real problem or not) - he will not be going to one of the federal camps.

I had a (male) friend at a federal camp for a white collar crime that we visited often- definitely not a "tennis camp" - very bare bone - no fences - bunk beds - communal showers - no doors on toilets - no luxuries - all had jobs - very segregated - visitation on the weekends - no hand holding, etc. But we loved to have nice weather for visitation to sit outside on picnic tables and visit. That family got through their rough time intact - he also left for prison the first part of January - to say that was very hard Christmas was an understatement (also left children at home). Worst part was the first couple of weeks getting visitation list approved and money into their camp account & to hear from their loved one - takes awhile.

Hopefully Joe is better at being a father than he has been shown on the series. Hopefully someone maternal will move in and help!!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 4:54 pm

Thanks for your insight, butterfly! I was trying to figure out what grade Gia is in. I think she's 13, which may mean she is in 8th grade - does anyone here know? I would be of the mind to just start my sentence right away, and get through as soon as possible. If you add up the sentences, and shave off a month or two for each for 'good behavior,' they would both be done during Gia's senior year of high school (if I'm right about her grade level).

Seems like they would want to give her that time together during her senior year instead of now? Maybe it has more to do with trying to squeeze in one more season of filming, for the paycheck and product sales (to help with restitution).

I, too, have wondered about the choice to be on RHONJ, and how it has influenced them to make additional bad financial decisions (I think a few of their charges stemmed from actions which pre-dated the show).

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 5:47 pm

I feel very sad for the kids, it has to be very hard on them. I do wonder how they can still afford that big house with all the lawyer bills & fines that have to be paid. I know it is up for sale but the house she was looking at to downsize still made know sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 6:03 pm

The sentencing came down while I was driving home ugh, figures. I read that Teresa was hysterical while being sentence and I must admit, I got all choked up. I know I'm a sap, but I can't help it, a family destroyed who had everything at their fingertips, such a shame. I watch the show and it's heartbreaking to see Gia breaking down crying all the time, she is definitely a "daddy's girl". One scene was kind of cute when Joe asked her what she wanted to be and she replied a criminal defense attorney, Joe responded with "good, we need those". For some reason, I have always been in Teresa's camp with regards to the show. I hated the way they made her the scapegoat all the time. I guess Joe will move his Mom in while T does her time to help with the girls. I wonder if they will send her where they sent Martha Stewart.

I noticed that not one NJ housewife has tweeted at all today.

I also read that Joe & Teresa will be on WWHL Monday nite, but I don't know if that's fact.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9241
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 9:37 pm

Jack'd wrote:
The sentencing came down while I was driving home ugh, figures. I read that Teresa was hysterical while being sentence and I must admit, I got all choked up. I know I'm a sap, but I can't help it, a family destroyed who had everything at their fingertips, such a shame. I watch the show and it's heartbreaking to see Gia breaking down crying all the time, she is definitely a "daddy's girl". One scene was kind of cute when Joe asked her what she wanted to be and she replied a criminal defense attorney, Joe responded with "good, we need those". For some reason, I have always been in Teresa's camp with regards to the show. I hated the way they made her the scapegoat all the time. I guess Joe will move his Mom in while T does her time to help with the girls. I wonder if they will send her where they sent Martha Stewart.

I noticed that not one NJ housewife has tweeted at all today.

I also read that Joe & Teresa will be on WWHL Monday nite, but I don't know if that's fact.

I feel bad also Jack'd. I have never been a Tre fan, but not a hater either. Just to see any family ripped apart, no matter the terms, makes me sad

As for the other HW's, I imagine no one knows what exactly to say, there is probably no right or wrong thing to tweet. I think it's best the others stay out of this on public forums and send their love if they want to privately.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 2nd 2014, 9:57 pm

I agree, bergen - other HWs are probably texting/calling her privately (or DMing her on twitter), if they are inclined to show her support. I just can't stop thinking about those kids! Gia is the 'face' of the sisters to me, because RHONJ has shown her deep emotions involving first the split with her Tio Joe on the show, and then more recently her hurt over the stuff with her parents (not to mention the loss of their grandfather, too), and I just keep picturing her face crying. I can't do anything but pray for them, and hope they have lots of support from friends and family. They are paying a heavy price for their parents' horrible choices.

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 6th 2014, 11:36 am

I quit watching the show a couple of seasons ago - hated all the fighting - just wasn't entertaining to me anymore seeing families torn apart and the kids involved.

I WILL be watching Watch What Happens Live with them on it. Kathie Lee & Hoda brought up the point today & showed clips from WWHL - why doesn't Joe serve first so Teresa could be home with the kids?

Teresa says in the clips that she will now be more aware of what she signs (as she holds Joe's hand) - a little late. I never felt like she had a grasp on reality as she kept spending $ - why didn't they sell that mansion when their legal problems first started? I guess because of the bankruptcy. Don't know how she will sell her cookbooks from prison!

This just breaks my heart for those kiddos.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 6th 2014, 12:07 pm

She is serving first because he may be deported after he serves out his sentence.
So she will go first ( probably end up with a year).
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 6th 2014, 3:06 pm

Yes, Nancy is right why Teresa is going first.

Here's a couple of clips from tonight's WWHL episode. I'm going to watch because I've followed this saga for so long.

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14823
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 6th 2014, 3:11 pm

I watched this franchise when I broke my leg and I didn't like it. It was just so sad to me. Too much family drama. I will be watching tonight.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4614

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 6th 2014, 4:26 pm

I still think a lot of this is lost on Teresa. I have noticed a huge change in Joe. Just a couple of season's ago, it was highly suspected he was stepping out just based on his behavior on the show... secret phone calls & such. He seems to be very much more present & attentive this season. With any hope this has changed him as a husband & father. His biggest challenge while Teresa is away.... is going to be that one bad bad bad child. That girl doesn't listen to any adult.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 6th 2014, 5:38 pm

Gimme wrote:
I still think a lot of this is lost on Teresa.  I have noticed a huge change in Joe.  Just a couple of season's ago, it was highly suspected he was stepping out just based on his behavior on the show... secret phone calls & such.  He seems to be very much more present & attentive this season.  With any hope this has changed him as a husband & father.  His biggest challenge while Teresa is away.... is going to be that one bad bad bad child.  That girl doesn't listen to any adult.

MELANIA!! She's a trip. I wouldn't be surprised if Bravo didn't sign her up for her own show lol.
Back to top Go down
butterfly3851
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 6th 2014, 11:30 pm

WWHL was just sad. Sounds like Teresa didn't listen to what the lawyers were saying when she entered the guilty plea or understand what was going on - seemed shocked she is going to jail. I would love to hear what their lawyers & team had to say about their cooperation with them preparing their defense. I also didn't realize that all these things that they were charged with happened before RHNJ.

I was also surprised they didn't tell all the girls - didn't think Milania would find out at school - she's in third grade. Just Naive. Sad Sad Sad.
Back to top Go down
swissy1111
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 7th 2014, 7:56 am

It is very sad, I find it hard to believe that you can have that many lawyers and still be clueless. I feel so bad for all 4 girls what a shame, they will be the ones to suffer the most from all of this. I thought I remember them filing for bankruptcy while they were on the show. It may have started before the show but I think it continued for many years. I also believe Teresa will profit from all of this in the end. IMO!
Back to top Go down
butterfly3851
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 7th 2014, 8:35 am

swissy1111 wrote:
It is very sad, I find it hard to believe that you can have that many lawyers and still be clueless.  I feel so bad for all 4 girls what a shame,  they will be the ones to suffer the most from all of this.  I thought I remember them filing for bankruptcy while they were on the show.  It may have started before the show but I think it continued for many years.  I also believe Teresa will profit from all of this in the end.  IMO!

I can just see the Bravo show now about Teresa raising the kids on her own with Joe in jail. Years ago Caroline Manzo predicted Teresa would divorce Joe, he would go to jail, and there would be a show. When asked about that prediction Sunday night on WWHL, Caroline wouldn't comment - just voiced support for the kids.

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 7th 2014, 9:05 am

I watched a little of their interview with Andy. I just don't have any sympathy for Joe and Theresa.
The girls will suffer, but no more than children of divorce, and better than when a parent dies. They will be fine. It might do those children good not to be so spoiled and value possessions over all else.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   October 7th 2014, 4:19 pm

You are damn skippy they will profit off this. Bravo paid them upwards of $300k for the interview. She got a large portion & he got a lesser. Which is a good thing when if comes to splitting the bill for all this crap they have to pay off. However, I don't think it is a dent for what they actually owe.

And yeah... Teresa is clueless... I would bet dollars to doughnuts she tries to find a way to sue their attorneys.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   November 11th 2014, 9:22 pm

The final part of that reunion was hard to watch. As much as I think Joe & Teresa basically got what was coming to them... I could really see her pain. She was uncharacteristically reserved & when referring to herself & future, I think she really did believe it. I guess time will tell.

Question... if anyone knows the answer... Teresa was given a year, 15 mons, whichever, how much of that sentence will she actually serve? a few months? And what about Joe... I don't see him serving the complete 5 either. The reason I ask is b/c Apollo implied on ATL he probably wouldn't serve the entire sentence.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   November 11th 2014, 9:26 pm

something weird & bizzzzare just happened ... probably user error though.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   November 11th 2014, 9:37 pm

Gimme wrote:
The final part of that reunion was hard to watch. As much as I think Joe & Teresa basically got what was coming to them... I could really see her pain. She was uncharacteristically reserved & when referring to herself & future, I think she really did believe it. I guess time will tell.

Question... if anyone knows the answer... Teresa was given a year, 15 mons, whichever, how much of that sentence will she actually serve? a few months? And what about Joe... I don't see him serving the complete 5 either. The reason I ask is b/c Apollo implied on ATL he probably wouldn't serve the entire sentence.

From what I read, when you plea, you pretty much serve the entire time. That's not to say that they can't get out early, they may even let Theresa go to a half way house for the remainder of her sentence, after serving a specific amount of time. Theresa got 15 months and Joe got 41 months. I remember also reading about Joe's driver's license fraud case and they tacked on an additional 18 months for that.

I missed the 3rd part tonight because I had company, I hope to watch it some time. I read where Andy said that he had a hard time keeping it together at the reunion with Theresa, he got all choked up. I feel bad for her, but mostly because of her kids and her parents. Her Dad is not well at all and he and her Mom depend on Theresa a lot. Joe is just a drunk now, so I feel bad for the girls will have to endure. I see a lot of responsibility being placed on Gia.
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   November 12th 2014, 7:34 am

Not sure about Joe, but I think the other sentence is allowed to run concurrently with the 41 months. Not sure how long they said he might actually do. As for Theresa, they said she will serve 12 months of the 15 (if they let her out for good behavior, etc.) so she's in for at least a year.
Back to top Go down
Neshama

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   November 13th 2014, 4:50 pm

I know doing the alcohol program gives federal prisoners a chance at early release. You can only start when there's a certain amount of time left on your sentence. An example being if a person is sentenced to 4 years (being 10 years or less that means a prison camp - low security) and they enter into the alcohol program they could basically cut their time in prison in half. And they would be released after 2 years. But then they must go to a halfway house for a required time (and in the process get themselves on their feet).

Does anyone know where Joe is serving his time? I believe not being an American citizen means he cannot go to a camp. I don't know if that has changed.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   November 15th 2014, 7:52 am

Neshama wrote:
Does anyone know where Joe is serving his time? I believe not being an American citizen means he cannot go to a camp. I don't know if that has changed.

This is the other part I am not getting. No I haven't read up on American citizenship... so please pardon me. But I could have sworn when he legally married Teresa he gained citizenship? or what is it they gain when they marry an American?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   November 15th 2014, 7:58 am

Gimme wrote:
Neshama wrote:

This is the other part I am not getting. No I haven't read up on American citizenship... so please pardon me.  But I could have sworn when he legally married Teresa he gained citizenship?  or what is it they gain when they marry an American?

You can gain citizenship, but you must apply for it. First you get a green card, then you apply for citizenship.
Joe never did this. If I remember correctly, he came over as a very young child and may not have even been aware that he was not a citizen.
I bet he did realize it later though, but he did nothing about it. Also, with his history of criminal behavior, there is no way he will get it now.
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   November 15th 2014, 9:17 am

Ok, that makes sense. I think I was lumping green card & citizenship in one. Yeah, I can totally see his parents dropping the ball, then later on him not caring enough b/c he thought he was Teflon.
Back to top Go down
swissy1111
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   November 16th 2014, 6:42 am

I believe Joe said he was 1 when he came here, but he must have know for some time because you must be an American citizen to vote, I just don't think he cared. I also think she will do about 8 months. I hate to sound stupid but will he be able to collect Social Security?
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   December 12th 2014, 6:38 pm

Horay!! The Laurita/Manzo feud is over. Dina, Jacqueline and Carolyn have all made up and they are one big Italian family again!!

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/12/real-housewives-new-jersey-caroline-manzo-dina-fight-over/
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   December 13th 2014, 3:44 am

Jack'd wrote:
Horay!! The Laurita/Manzo feud is over. Dina, Jacqueline and Carolyn have all made up and they are one big Italian family again!!

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/12/real-housewives-new-jersey-caroline-manzo-dina-fight-over/

That good!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   December 18th 2014, 4:54 pm

Teresa Raided! Federal Agents Swarm Giudice Home, Seizing Cash & Xmas Gifts

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/12/teresa-giudice-joe-giudice-home-raided-fraud-case-rhonj/

Christmas just got a whole lot bleaker for the Giudice family. RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that federal officials raided Joe & Teresa‘s New Jersey mansion this week, seizing property to satisfy the couple’s outstanding restitution after they had failed to set-up a payment plan.

A source close to the situation told Radar, “Plasma televisions, expensive jewelry, cash, and even the kids’ Christmas presents were taken.”

“Teresa was home and was absolutely stunned by the raid,” the insider said. “She had no clue they were coming. She was absolutely hysterical, and begging them not to take the girls’ Christmas presents.”

“A large amount of cash was found in the wine cellar.”

Last edited by Nancy AABB Admin on December 18th 2014, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   December 18th 2014, 4:56 pm

Key phrase: couple’s outstanding restitution after they had failed to set-up a payment plan.

What is wrong with them? You don't fuck with the Federales!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   

Back to top Go down

Housewives of New Jersey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: (The) Real Housewives-
Jump to: