Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 5:08 pm

Just saw this on Twitter. I don't watch but I'm not against 'enabling' others addictions lol!

This is the link to the blog and a video: http://www.realitytvsoup.com/2009/03/real-housewives-of-new-jersey-cast.html

The Newest Installment of the "Real Housewives" Franchise Premieres Tuesday May 12 At 11 PM ET/PT

Special Preview Airs Tuesday April 7 At 11 PM ET/PT

NEW YORK – March 18, 2009 – Building on the record-breaking success of the "Real Housewives" franchise, Bravo is heading to the Garden State for its newest installment, "The Real Housewives of New Jersey." The highly anticipated series premieres on Tuesday, May 12 at 11 p.m. ET/PT. The series follows five of the most affluent Jersey Girls as they live lavish lifestyles and deal with all the drama that money can buy. "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" moves to its regular Tuesdays at 10 p.m. timeslot on May 19.

Viewers can get a sneak peak at the New Jersey ladies when Bravo airs "The Real Housewives of New Jersey: Preview Special" on Tuesday, April 7 at 11 p.m. ET/PT.

"The 'Real Housewives' franchise is a groundbreaking cultural portrait that continues to grow in popularity, with double digit gains for the latest seasons of Orange County and New York City, and driving over three million viewers for the first season of the Atlanta edition," said Frances Berwick, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Bravo Media. "We could not be more excited to take our viewers inside the lives of this new and very different group of fabulous women from New Jersey."

The hair is big, but the drama is bigger in the newest installment of the "Real Housewives" franchise, "The Real Housewives of New Jersey." For the first time in franchise history, the ladies are more than just friends – joining the cast are two sisters, who are married to two brothers, and one sister-in-law – bringing a whole new level of familial drama to the table. While family remains a priority for each of these women, their shopping, decorating, dating and even fighting are all over-the-top. The Real Housewives of New Jersey are:

Caroline Manzo, the epitome of a strong New Jersey woman, is a devoted wife and mother of three, who always puts her family first while making time for her career. Married for more than 25 years, her husband Albert runs a very successful catering facility, The Brownstone. The business has been with the family for over 30 years and is one of the premiere event spaces in New Jersey. Caroline tries to instill the value of both book smarts and street smarts in her children. Her oldest son, Albie, is studying to be a lawyer and her son Christopher is a young entrepreneur, while her daughter Lauren is dedicated to helping the family business. Although Caroline spends the majority of her time with her family, she is also the owner of two successful businesses, Opus Properties, a real estate firm and 4 My Mom, a children's accessories line. In addition, she serves on the board of her sister, Dina's foundation, Project Ladybug and is affiliated with The Carolyn Gable Expect A Miracle Foundation, which helps single mothers. When she is not working, she enjoys spending time with her family on the Jersey Shore, where she has been vacationing for years. Often described as a feisty spitfire, Caroline manages to have it all – family, friends and a career. In her opinion, that is what makes her a Real Housewife of New Jersey.

Danielle Staub is a tough cookie, and she knows it. "You either love me or you love to hate me, there is no in between." She prides herself on being one of the first women in New Jersey (and 14th person in the country) to have a Black American Express Card and her history of celebrity hook-ups is one for the record books. Known for being brutally honest, Danielle enjoys pushing people's buttons and doesn't apologize for it. This newly single mother puts her family first and is constantly on-the-go with her two active daughters, Christine and Jillian. Danielle involves herself in every aspect of her daughters' lives, whether going to their recitals or attending track meets; she does everything with her girls, whom she considers her best friends. An active member of her local parish, Danielle attends mass regularly and engages her daughters in religious education and community involvement through the parish. While her family takes precedence, Danielle never misses an opportunity to hit the social scene and makes sure to go out and have a good time. Appearance is also paramount to her – she takes a lot of pride in taking care of herself and loves to self indulge by lying out in the sun or the occasional massage.

Dina Manzo is a family woman, a business owner, and the founder of the non-profit organization Project Ladybug. She balances a career as an interior designer and owner of a successful event planning company with being a loving wife to her husband Tommy and mother to her teenage daughter, Alexia. Dina is best friends with her sister, Caroline and both of their husbands work together running one of New Jersey's premiere catering facilities, The Brownstone. She calls her husband the love of her life and they have been happily married for more than four years. Dina is extremely passionate about her foundation, Project Ladybug, and is dedicated to giving back to children with cancer. Her goal is to one day open "Ladybug Houses" so that these children and their families have somewhere safe and comfortable to call home while receiving treatment.

·Jacqueline Laurita is a former cosmetologist in Las Vegas turned full-time stay-at-home New Jersey mom. Her husband Chris, brother of Caroline and Dina Manzo, owns several wholesale apparel businesses and the couple has been together for more than 13 years. They have a six-year old son, CJ, and Jacqueline has a teenage daughter, Ashley, from a previous marriage. Being a young mother to a teenage daughter has its challenges, but Jacqueline is extremely close with her children. Her family is her main priority, her husband is her best friend and she is hoping to expand on the family in the near future. Jacqueline and her sisters-in-law enjoy spending time together and can often be found shopping at the latest boutiques or getting their hair done for a night out. Aside from spending time with family, Jacqueline enjoys cooking, working out, and going to the spa. She likes to pamper herself with regular facials, manicures and pedicures. She believes in taking care of herself and doesn't plan on just growing old gracefully. Always looking for a good laugh, Jacqueline tries to see the humor in everything and is often referred to as the peacemaker between her friends. Although she lives a lavish lifestyle, Jacqueline considers herself to be very down to earth and knows that she is blessed.

Teresa Giudice is a true Jersey girl born and raised. Her parents emigrated from Italy and raised both Teresa and her brother Giuseppe, in an Italian Catholic home. She grew up in Paterson, New Jersey, where she met her husband, Joe. The couple played house together as children and now after being married for more than eight years, they are in the process of building their own massive dream home. Joe, an entrepreneur, owns several successful businesses throughout New Jersey and Teresa spends most of her time raising their three beautiful daughters Gia, Gabriella and Milania. She manages each of the girls' busy schedules, shuffling them from dance, gymnastics, acting, voice and guitar lessons – and Teresa herself teaches them all how to be "fabulous." Before becoming a housewife, Teresa earned a degree in Fashion Marketing and Management from Berkeley College. She worked in the fashion industry in New York and hopes to one-day return to the fashion world, but is focused for now on raising her children. She's also involved in community service, and serves as a committee member for Project Ladybug, a foundation created by Dina Manzo. Teresa is proud to be from the Garden State and happy to live and raise her kids there. She has a beach house on the Jersey Shore and loves to entertain her family and friends while enjoying all that life has to offer.

"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" is produced by Sirens Media for Bravo. Rebecca Toth Diefenbach, Valerie Haselton and Nina Diaz serve as executive producers.

Bravo is a program service of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBC Universal one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Bravo has been an NBC Universal cable network since December 2002 and was the first television service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. For more information, visit www.BravoTV.com.

Bravo Press Release
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 5:30 pm

Mappy wrote:
Just saw this on Twitter. I don't watch but I'm not against 'enabling' others addictions lol!

This is the link to the blog and a video: http://www.realitytvsoup.com/2009/03/real-housewives-of-new-jersey-cast.html

The Newest Installment of the "Real Housewives" Franchise Premieres Tuesday May 12 At 11 PM ET/PT

Special Preview Airs Tuesday April 7 At 11 PM ET/PT

NEW YORK – March 18, 2009 – Building on the record-breaking success of the "Real Housewives" franchise, Bravo is heading to the Garden State for its newest installment, "The Real Housewives of New Jersey." The highly anticipated series premieres on Tuesday, May 12 at 11 p.m. ET/PT. The series follows five of the most affluent Jersey Girls as they live lavish lifestyles and deal with all the drama that money can buy. "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" moves to its regular Tuesdays at 10 p.m. timeslot on May 19.

Viewers can get a sneak peak at the New Jersey ladies when Bravo airs "The Real Housewives of New Jersey: Preview Special" on Tuesday, April 7 at 11 p.m. ET/PT.

"The 'Real Housewives' franchise is a groundbreaking cultural portrait that continues to grow in popularity, with double digit gains for the latest seasons of Orange County and New York City, and driving over three million viewers for the first season of the Atlanta edition," said Frances Berwick, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Bravo Media. "We could not be more excited to take our viewers inside the lives of this new and very different group of fabulous women from New Jersey."

The hair is big, but the drama is bigger in the newest installment of the "Real Housewives" franchise, "The Real Housewives of New Jersey." For the first time in franchise history, the ladies are more than just friends – joining the cast are two sisters, who are married to two brothers, and one sister-in-law – bringing a whole new level of familial drama to the table. While family remains a priority for each of these women, their shopping, decorating, dating and even fighting are all over-the-top. The Real Housewives of New Jersey are:

Caroline Manzo, the epitome of a strong New Jersey woman, is a devoted wife and mother of three, who always puts her family first while making time for her career. Married for more than 25 years, her husband Albert runs a very successful catering facility, The Brownstone. The business has been with the family for over 30 years and is one of the premiere event spaces in New Jersey. Caroline tries to instill the value of both book smarts and street smarts in her children. Her oldest son, Albie, is studying to be a lawyer and her son Christopher is a young entrepreneur, while her daughter Lauren is dedicated to helping the family business. Although Caroline spends the majority of her time with her family, she is also the owner of two successful businesses, Opus Properties, a real estate firm and 4 My Mom, a children's accessories line. In addition, she serves on the board of her sister, Dina's foundation, Project Ladybug and is affiliated with The Carolyn Gable Expect A Miracle Foundation, which helps single mothers. When she is not working, she enjoys spending time with her family on the Jersey Shore, where she has been vacationing for years. Often described as a feisty spitfire, Caroline manages to have it all – family, friends and a career. In her opinion, that is what makes her a Real Housewife of New Jersey.

Danielle Staub is a tough cookie, and she knows it. "You either love me or you love to hate me, there is no in between." She prides herself on being one of the first women in New Jersey (and 14th person in the country) to have a Black American Express Card and her history of celebrity hook-ups is one for the record books. Known for being brutally honest, Danielle enjoys pushing people's buttons and doesn't apologize for it. This newly single mother puts her family first and is constantly on-the-go with her two active daughters, Christine and Jillian. Danielle involves herself in every aspect of her daughters' lives, whether going to their recitals or attending track meets; she does everything with her girls, whom she considers her best friends. An active member of her local parish, Danielle attends mass regularly and engages her daughters in religious education and community involvement through the parish. While her family takes precedence, Danielle never misses an opportunity to hit the social scene and makes sure to go out and have a good time. Appearance is also paramount to her – she takes a lot of pride in taking care of herself and loves to self indulge by lying out in the sun or the occasional massage.

Dina Manzo is a family woman, a business owner, and the founder of the non-profit organization Project Ladybug. She balances a career as an interior designer and owner of a successful event planning company with being a loving wife to her husband Tommy and mother to her teenage daughter, Alexia. Dina is best friends with her sister, Caroline and both of their husbands work together running one of New Jersey's premiere catering facilities, The Brownstone. She calls her husband the love of her life and they have been happily married for more than four years. Dina is extremely passionate about her foundation, Project Ladybug, and is dedicated to giving back to children with cancer. Her goal is to one day open "Ladybug Houses" so that these children and their families have somewhere safe and comfortable to call home while receiving treatment.

·Jacqueline Laurita is a former cosmetologist in Las Vegas turned full-time stay-at-home New Jersey mom. Her husband Chris, brother of Caroline and Dina Manzo, owns several wholesale apparel businesses and the couple has been together for more than 13 years. They have a six-year old son, CJ, and Jacqueline has a teenage daughter, Ashley, from a previous marriage. Being a young mother to a teenage daughter has its challenges, but Jacqueline is extremely close with her children. Her family is her main priority, her husband is her best friend and she is hoping to expand on the family in the near future. Jacqueline and her sisters-in-law enjoy spending time together and can often be found shopping at the latest boutiques or getting their hair done for a night out. Aside from spending time with family, Jacqueline enjoys cooking, working out, and going to the spa. She likes to pamper herself with regular facials, manicures and pedicures. She believes in taking care of herself and doesn't plan on just growing old gracefully. Always looking for a good laugh, Jacqueline tries to see the humor in everything and is often referred to as the peacemaker between her friends. Although she lives a lavish lifestyle, Jacqueline considers herself to be very down to earth and knows that she is blessed.

Teresa Giudice is a true Jersey girl born and raised. Her parents emigrated from Italy and raised both Teresa and her brother Giuseppe, in an Italian Catholic home. She grew up in Paterson, New Jersey, where she met her husband, Joe. The couple played house together as children and now after being married for more than eight years, they are in the process of building their own massive dream home. Joe, an entrepreneur, owns several successful businesses throughout New Jersey and Teresa spends most of her time raising their three beautiful daughters Gia, Gabriella and Milania. She manages each of the girls' busy schedules, shuffling them from dance, gymnastics, acting, voice and guitar lessons – and Teresa herself teaches them all how to be "fabulous." Before becoming a housewife, Teresa earned a degree in Fashion Marketing and Management from Berkeley College. She worked in the fashion industry in New York and hopes to one-day return to the fashion world, but is focused for now on raising her children. She's also involved in community service, and serves as a committee member for Project Ladybug, a foundation created by Dina Manzo. Teresa is proud to be from the Garden State and happy to live and raise her kids there. She has a beach house on the Jersey Shore and loves to entertain her family and friends while enjoying all that life has to offer.

"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" is produced by Sirens Media for Bravo. Rebecca Toth Diefenbach, Valerie Haselton and Nina Diaz serve as executive producers.

Bravo is a program service of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBC Universal one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Bravo has been an NBC Universal cable network since December 2002 and was the first television service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. For more information, visit www.BravoTV.com.

Bravo Press Release

OH...I am gonna LOVE this one! Can't wait to tell the relatives!..
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 6:47 pm

OMG, I don't believe this, this is too funny. I've met the Manzo's many times at the Brownstone. My husband's family has all their weddings, engagement parties, etc. there (also my ex is from Paterson and knows them and the Guidice's extremely well). The Brownstone is a beautiful catering facility with excellent food and this family is freakin' loaded!!

I truly can't believe this, if I'm not mistaken I believe they live in Franklin Lakes, a very upscale town in Bergen County, NJ.

This one I'll be watching.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 8:02 pm

Please just ignore me, I'm still in shock over this. If anyone is interested, this is the Brownstone that the Manzo's own. The glass room is where we have most of our parties.

http://www.thebrownstone.com/home.html

I just emailed my ex sister-in-law to see if she has any scoop for me lol. She also lives in Franklin Lakes and as I've said, her family knows the Manzo's too. I just told my husband about it and he said "oh Tiny Manzo, I'll have to watch that", so finally if for nothing else, we will be watching something together. Now if I could only convince him to watch Big Brother with me lol!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 8:28 pm

LMAO Togetherness

I'm unfamiliar with Bergen County and Franklin Lakes. However, I do know someone who probably knows someone Wink I'll share if I get any dirt LOL
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 8:29 pm

This should be good.

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 8:32 pm

I see that it's Northern NJ. Interesting location Wink
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 8:42 pm

Mappy wrote:
I see that it's Northern NJ. Interesting location Wink

I don't understand LOL, so what else is new. Help a gal out on this one.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 9:26 pm

Jack'd wrote:
OMG, I don't believe this, this is too funny. I've met the Manzo's many times at the Brownstone. My husband's family has all their weddings, engagement parties, etc. there (also my ex is from Paterson and knows them and the Guidice's extremely well). The Brownstone is a beautiful catering facility with excellent food and this family is freakin' loaded!!

I truly can't believe this, if I'm not mistaken I believe they live in Franklin Lakes, a very upscale town in Bergen County, NJ.

Oooh ! We'll be looking for you to give us the dirt. Is there anything Soprano-ish about them? lol! Forget I asked. Don't answer, I don't want you to end up sleeping with a horse's head.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 9:37 pm

Dear Thatgirl,
You crack me up. lol!

Love, Thatgirl

Hey no one is around to laugh, so I will just crack myself up.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 9:54 pm

thatgirl wrote:
Dear Thatgirl,
You crack me up. lol!

Love, Thatgirl

Hey no one is around to laugh, so I will just crack myself up.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 9:54 pm

Northern New Jersey has some very colorful residents Smile
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 18th 2009, 10:45 pm

Mappy wrote:
Northern New Jersey has some very colorful residents Smile

Hehe..my family and I have been sending facebook messages back and forth about this...who we may know, etc... I was born and raised in Bergen County...many of my family still live there. I know this is going to be great! I even have a bumper sticker on my car that says JG and in small print: Jersey girls don't pump gas!

This really should be good...lol. They are definitely colorful! hehehe
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 19th 2009, 7:47 am

Oh now I get it Mappy LOL, I'm so dense sometimes. I really don't know that much about Northern NJ. I did live in Passaic county (where the Brownstone is located) for about 5 yrs. I was born and raised in Newark and I just always assumed all the Tiny Soprano's of the world lived there. I can tell you it was great hanging with their kids, you were always protected Wink

LOL tealover, that's great, you'll have to come post here too if you get any dirt. I love the bumper sticker, I've never pumped gas once in my life. I don't know if I should laugh or be embarrassed Very Happy Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 20th 2009, 12:57 pm

thatgirl wrote:
Jack'd wrote:

Oooh ! We'll be looking for you to give us the dirt. Is there anything Soprano-ish about them? lol! Forget I asked. Don't answer, I don't want you to end up sleeping with a horse's head.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 20th 2009, 1:31 pm

Another Jersey girl in the house! I'm from South Jersey, which is totally different from up north and have only skimmed this thread, but I can't wait to see this show!
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   March 20th 2009, 2:36 pm

Woo Hoo
Moody wrote:
thatgirl wrote:
Jack'd wrote:

LMAO

Woo Hoo :getdown: cheek kiss cheek kiss
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   April 8th 2009, 2:43 pm

They had a 30 preview of this show last night at 11:30pm

It looks interesting is all I can say.

In 30 thirty minutes they showed a lot... Rolling Eyes

Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   April 8th 2009, 5:09 pm

Thatgirl, you're not the only one you crack up!!laugh so hard I crie

I watched last night, and this show is verrry promising, imo!
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   April 8th 2009, 10:43 pm

Hmmmm...I am a Jersey girl and I don't know about this show...it seemed a little too much like the Sopranos to me...maybe that is just how they portrayed it...IDK
Back to top Go down
Liza
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   April 11th 2009, 10:05 am

I will be watching. Also, want to see how many times it take Caroline to say "blood is thicker than water" before her head pops off, or blows up. dance
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   April 11th 2009, 7:22 pm

I didn't know about the preview so thanks icecoffee, I just watched it online. Oh boy, this is going to be good lol. The preview showing the drama with Danielle is enough to keep me watching. Caroline is like the "Don" of the family and I think she can kick some serious butt lol!

Tealover, it's a lot like Growing Up Gotti to me, more than the Soprano's. I don't expect to see any violence with the housewives.

I'm not expecting any scoop from my ex sister-in-law, she emailed me back that she's embarrassed that they are from Franklin Lakes and if the producers want to see some real housewives, they need to tape her family Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   April 11th 2009, 8:04 pm

Jack'd lol!

I sent out an APB asking if my sources know the NJH or know someone who knows the NJH.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   April 14th 2009, 4:13 pm

I did watch the 'teaser' online.

Really? Are they really like that/this or do they hype it a bit more for the tv audience?! I felt I was watching a mix of a lot of movies/shows from over the years Laughing

I think I'll def have to try to stay caught up with this one. I may not watch it every week, but I'll definitely want to know what's happening fuss and fight
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   April 14th 2009, 5:04 pm

This just reported by People:

One of the Real Housewives of New Jersey is about to become a real mom — for the third time.

Jacqueline Laurita is expecting her third child this summer, PEOPLE has confirmed. The Housewife (and former Las Vegas cosmetologist) appeared visibly pregnant at the Bravo upfront presentations in New York City on Tuesday, where the network promoted its upcoming summer and fall schedule. Bravo reps also hinted at the pregnancy, saying that one or more of the Housewives would be welcoming a baby sometime soon.

Laurita has a 6-year-old son, CJ, with her husband Chris, and a 17-year-old daughter, Ashley, from a previous marriage.

The Real Housewives of New Jersey premieres on Bravo on May 12. –Michelle Tauber
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 6th 2009, 10:13 am

Move over Stephanie Plum! The Garden State is introducing a set of flesh-and-blood, foxy ladies -- Dina Manzo, Caroline Manzo, Teresa Giudice, Jacqueline Laurita and Danielle Staub -- who are hoping to take America by storm when "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" premieres on Tuesday, May 12.

For the first time in franchise history, the ladies are more than just friends -- joining the cast are two sisters who are married to two brothers -- and one sister-in-law. Dina Manzo is married to Tommy, one of two brothers who owns one of New Jersey's premiere catering facilities, The Brownstone, and she calls him the love of her life. They have been married for more than four years.

She is also a family woman, a business owner and the founder of the non-profit organization Project Ladybug, and mom to Alexia, a teenager.

In this clip, Dina decides to take up tennis, because her nephew is graduating and she "doesn't want to wear a muumuu." And, as much as she would like to excel at the sport, because women who are good at tennis have "amazing legs," she decides "her boobs are too big."

"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" premieres Tuesday, May 12 at 11 p.m. on Bravo.

(click photo on site for clip)

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/73616/index.html
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 6th 2009, 6:10 pm

Mappy I can't wait for this, I just hope I remember when May 12th comes around. Do you think they will talk about how Tiny died Shocked lol!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 6th 2009, 6:18 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Mappy I can't wait for this, I just hope I remember when May 12th comes around. Do you think they will talk about how Tiny died Shocked lol!

Ah, but did he?! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 6th 2009, 6:23 pm

Mappy wrote:
Jack'd wrote:

Ah, but did he?! lol!

WHAAAAATTT!!! lol, well then who was the naked fat ass they found in the truck of his Lincoln lol! Yea, he's as dead as a door nail Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 6th 2009, 6:24 pm

Jack'd wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Jack'd wrote:

Ah, but did he?! lol!

WHAAAAATTT!!! lol, well then who was the naked fat ass they found in the truck of his Lincoln lol! Yea, he's as dead as a door nail Very Happy

Misread it... (surprise surprise lol) I thought you wrote TOny, not TIny.

Yep... dead as a door nail! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 6th 2009, 6:29 pm

lol! ok, now that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 12th 2009, 3:39 pm

The Real Housewives of New Jersey 11:00 PM, BRAVO - TONIGHT

Apparently Bravo thought there wasn't already enough drama going on in its Orange County, New York and Atlanta "Housewives" franchises, so it's upped the stakes in this new entry, wherein three of the five women are related by blood or marriage. Teresa Giudice, Jacqueline Laurita, Caroline Manzo, Dina Manzo and Danielle Staub are the stars of the show.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 12th 2009, 4:55 pm

Yippeee!!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 12th 2009, 6:17 pm

OMG, today's the 12th!!! It's on at 11:00 pm yawn Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 12th 2009, 6:21 pm

Jack'd wrote:
OMG, today's the 12th!!! It's on at 11:00 pm yawn Shocked

Yep...gonna set up the DVR.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 12th 2009, 6:26 pm

Jonathan Storm: Little reality in latest 'Real Housewives'

Dina Manzo, with her post-op lips, tools her huge black Mercedes (at least it's supposed to be hers) into a handicapped parking space in front of Chateau the Art of Beauty in Franklin Lakes, N.J.

Dina may be handicapped by extravagance, greed, wrath, envy, pride, and incredibly bad taste, but she is not physically handicapped, as long as you don't count those lips.

So this scene - one of, oh, I don't know, 11,000 - in the first episode of The Real Housewives of New Jersey either demonstrates that Dina is too terrible to be tolerated, or it is staged. (The show premieres tonight at 11 on Bravo, after the second-season finale of The Real Housewives of New York City.)

Appalling or phony - one conclusion must be true, and either one underscores the fundamental question about these Real Housewives shows: Why would anyone want to watch them?

Perhaps the rat-a-tat-tat scene-splicing distraction is soothing to some. A more commonly accepted answer is that viewers take comfort in watching women who are more emotionally and spiritually needy than anybody the audience knows - even if the women do, apparently, have most of the world's money.

That's sad, because these creatures may be so desperate for attention they'll do almost anything, but they probably aren't that bad. So much of the show is more obviously fake than Dina's parking scene, right before she drives by the exclusive-looking High Mountain Golf Club, which actually is open weekdays to anybody with $74 and a shirt with a collar ($86 on weekends).

Don't count on any figures you hear: Though there are lots of multimillion-dollar houses in Bergen County's Franklin Lakes, home base for our "real" housewives, prices start at about $250,000, not the $1.5 million Dina mentions.
And if Teresa Giudice really did pay cash for the $120,360 in goods she is supposedly shown buying in a few minutes at the furniture store, the more than two-and-a-half pounds of hundred-dollar bills would have made an ugly bulge in her designer handbag. Not to mention how it would have drawn IRS attention to her husband's construction company.
Having watched The Sopranos, you know how bad that can be.

There are five "real" Jersey housewives, including Dina and her sister Caroline, who married brothers Albert and Tommie Manzo, who run the Brownstone, a legendary wedding factory in Paterson. Then there's Jacqueline Laurita, who married Dina and Caroline's brother Chris, and Danielle Staub, who, like Teresa, isn't related to anybody.
She's not a housewife, either, but with this genre, who's counting? She's divorced and clearly designed to be the villainess, over the top of the top, prancing around in her leopard-print bikini and heading off for a date with some guy she has never met, but who's helped her for years to fabulous phone sex. (Her two daughters should be loving this show.)

Did we mention her fake boobs? We didn't really have to. "Bubbies" are topic No. 1 among these gals.
Regular folks in Orange County, Atlanta, and New York City are annoyed at the images of them that were portrayed the first three Real Housewives shows.

New Jersey already starts low on the totem pole, and this show does the state and its residents no favors, reinforcing the "what exit?" canard as it frequently flashes New Jersey Turnpike signs, even though these women live nearly 20 miles away, near beautiful Ramapo State Forest and High Mountain Wilderness Park.

Even in North Jersey, there aren't that many cheap imitations of Sopranos characters.

(Not to imply that the husbands here are anything but honest and hard-working, even if all 350 pounds of the Brownstone's original Albert Manzo - "Tiny," to his friends - were found riddled with bullets and stuffed in the trunk of his Lincoln in 1983.)

An extreme measure, indeed.

The real real housewives of New Jersey could get even with this show less violently, by bringing their own tawdry, phony, degrading "reality" show to cable: The Real Programmers
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 13th 2009, 1:47 am

I watched this tonight and thought it was a hoot! I read in Janelle's twitter thread she loved this show. I remember her saying on BBAS she liked red necks with money and it looks like these people qualify. LOL at the son that wants to open a car wash and strip club and Mom is all for it. I like their feistiness (is that a word?) and family bonds. I think this will be funny and I plan to watch.

So is dead Albert (Tiny) the father of Caroline and Dina's husbands? I assume they inherited the family business. From the article above it sounds like he was the victim of a mob hit?? I would appreciate some background info from some of you Jersey Girls.
Back to top Go down
cattychic
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 13th 2009, 10:51 am

trubeliver wrote:
I watched this tonight and thought it was a hoot! I read in Janelle's twitter thread she loved this show. I remember her saying on BBAS she liked red necks with money and it looks like these people qualify. LOL at the son that wants to open a car wash and strip club and Mom is all for it. I like their feistiness (is that a word?) and family bonds. I think this will be funny and I plan to watch.

So is dead Albert (Tiny) the father of Caroline and Dina's husbands? I assume they inherited the family business. From the article above it sounds like he was the victim of a mob hit?? I would appreciate some background info from some of you Jersey Girls.

ITA !! I think this might be the best installment of TRH YET. Look's like there's going to be plenty of drama and i'm all about watching someone else's drama(as long as it's not mine ..lol). I'm not choosing any fave's yet,too early, but I like Jacqueline so far.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 13th 2009, 11:37 am

Tiny was/is the father of the two brothers. Interesting history about The Brownstone.
http://www.thebrownstone.com/history.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They live in a land of made men and unmade beds.

"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" are coming next month, with the latest installment of the hit reality show introducing a quintet of Garden State gals - including two with a mob pedigree.

Sisters Dina and Caroline Manzo - they married a pair of Jersey brothers - provide a real-life link to "The Sopranos" for the Bergen County-based program.

Their father-in-law, Albert (Tiny) Manzo, was executed mob-style in August 1983, after he and Gambino family soldier Peter A. Campisi were suspected of skimming from a mob casino on Staten Island.

"A couple of weeks later, they found Tiny Manzo in the trunk of his car," recalled Robert Buccino, a New Jersey organized crime expert.

The 350-pound mobster took four slugs to his torso. His naked body - the arms and legs bound in plastic - was discovered in the trunk of his parked Lincoln-Continental outside a supermarket in Hillside, N.J.

The killing was never solved.

Campisi, a made man and Tiny's partner in the casino, suffered a similar fate, Buccino recalled.
The colorful Manzo, who ran for mayor of Paterson in 1974, also owned the Brownstone Restaurant - one of the main backdrops for action in "Housewives."

His two wealthy sons, Albert and Tommy, still operate the venerable Paterson catering facility. Blond Dina and red-headed sibling Caroline are the first pair of sisters featured on the hit show.

Read more: "'Real' mob story of New Jersey wives: Family has ties to rubbed out 'Tiny' Manzo" -

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/04/27/2009-04-27_real_mob_story_of_new_jersey_wives.html#ixzz0FPAa1PJ3&A
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   May 13th 2009, 11:49 am

http://www.bravotv.com/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Housewives of New Jersey   

Back to top Go down