AuthorMessage
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: 'The Chopping Block'   March 11th 2009, 1:32 pm

'The Chopping Block' premiere

a new culinary competition that premieres Wednesday (March 11) on NBC.
The show features two teams (comprised of four sets of couples) opening
restaurants on the same block in New York, with the winning duo earning
$250,000. White presides over the series with an intimidating but --
earlier stories to the contrary -- mostly encouraging hand, offering up
pronouncements about food and cooking in between the competition
segments.

8pm tonight.

Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 11th 2009, 4:32 pm

I saw that icecoffee. The funny thing is I would swear I caught part of one episode of this show on another channel six months ago (or longer). This sounds so familiar to me. Maybe the folks I saw were British, and it was on the BBC channel? Or maybe I've just finally gone and done it.

Maybe I've lost my mind?????
drunken

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 11th 2009, 5:10 pm

BBC America does have a show like this called Last Restaurant Standing.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 11th 2009, 5:34 pm

Oh, good! I haven't lost my mind, then. Have you watched it, Tinkerbell, and did you like it? I didn't see enough of it to really figure out what was going on.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35312
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 11th 2009, 6:57 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
BBC America does have a show like this called Last Restaurant Standing.

I record that. It's on BBC on Tuesday nights. There is also another show already on called the Chopping Block on the Food Network. It's like top chef only with 4 contestants and it is a one week only competition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 12th 2009, 11:07 am

I love the craggy-faced Chef Marco!!!! I do reserve the right to change my mind in the coming weeks, though. Very Happy

I couldn't believe that one couple volunteered to go home. They probably were too gentle for that "give and take" environment, though.

I'll have to start recording Last Restaurant Standing, now that I know when/where it's on. I'm already watching Chopped on the Food Network and Hell's Kitchen on Fox. I wonder when "too much" will be "enough" for me.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 12th 2009, 11:18 am

LOL Inky. I'm in that situation with a lot of genres. I read a recap of the show. Do you agree with the writer? Just trying to balance whether or not to get invested in this show.

http://blog.zap2it.com/ithappenedlastnight/2009/03/premierewatch-the-chopping-block-has-its-first-pair-of-quitters.html
Back to top Go down
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 12th 2009, 12:31 pm

Actually, I do agree with the writer. I wasn't really expecting to like the show, but I'll watch this one again. Chef Marco is scary looking in his still photos, but I really liked him. And, hey! In the intro, they said he trained Mario Batali (Food Network) and Gordon Ramsey. As soon as I saw him with Mario, I thought, how bad can he be. I LOVE Mario!!

Do you ever watch Iron Chef? You know Jeffrey, the grotchety restaurant critic who often serves as a judge??? (I just love that guy! Especially, when he's on with that kinda prissy gal. They play so well off each other.) Anyway, according to the previews for next week's Chopping Block show, Jeffrey's going to be on. I cannot wait!

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 12th 2009, 12:41 pm

inkydinkydoo wrote:
Actually, I do agree with the writer. I wasn't really expecting to like the show, but I'll watch this one again. Chef Marco is scary looking in his still photos, but I really liked him. And, hey! In the intro, they said he trained Mario Batali (Food Network) and Gordon Ramsey. As soon as I saw him with Mario, I thought, how bad can he be. I LOVE Mario!!

Do you ever watch Iron Chef? You know Jeffrey, the grotchety restaurant critic who often serves as a judge??? (I just love that guy! Especially, when he's on with that kinda prissy gal. They play so well off each other.) Anyway, according to the previews for next week's Chopping Block show, Jeffrey's going to be on. I cannot wait!

pale Jeffrey?! Twisted Evil Gonna be a good one! Inky, I'll pretty much watch anything that has to do with food, preparation, eating, restaurants, etc. I really got into it waaaaaaaaaaay back when they first started the Food Network. I loved Sarah and all the early ones. Actually miss a lot of those shows. Before that, I would watch a lot of morning shows and Julia Child. Thanks for your input. I'll def give this show a look-see. It will be nice to see someone give a critique without dropping the eff bomb or name calling. (Although I must admit I like the shock value of Ramsay LOL)
Back to top Go down
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 12th 2009, 2:51 pm

That's sorta what I thought while I was watching last night's show. Chef Marco is more like the Chef Ramsey who takes the winners out for their reward than the Chef Ramsey who curses and calls them names in the kitchen. I have to admit, though, that Marco's office "confessionals" seem a smidge melodramatic.

Let's just say it was good enough to get me to tune in next week. Beyond that? Well, we'll see.

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 12th 2009, 5:56 pm

I watched it online, Inky. I really enjoyed the first show. I liked the red team this week. Seem like good people. Black team is so disfunctional. I laughed more than once at their exchanges. I like Marco. He's firm and gets his point across with very few words without cursing. Must be why Ramsay has the record for dropping the eff bomb...he's doing it for Marco and Mario Wink
Back to top Go down
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 12th 2009, 6:22 pm

I liked the lady that was head chef on the red team. She just seemed like she knew what she was doing, and she did it in a straightforward way. Yeah, that other team is something else. Zan or Than (don't know which one is which, yet) almost got into a knock down/drag out with that gal, didn't he? I'm thinking we'll probably see some of the aftermath next week. Can't wait!

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 27th 2009, 6:33 pm

LA Times announces that Chopping Block has been cancelled after three shows.

Variety reports "The 9 p.m. time slot will be filled by repeats of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." Also according to Variety, "NBC said it hopes to bring the show back at a later date."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/03/the-chopping--3.html
Back to top Go down
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   March 31st 2009, 4:38 pm

Wow! When was the last time that happened? Three episodes of a reality show and you're out? What's up with that?

PostSubject: Re: 'The Chopping Block'   

Back to top Go down

'The Chopping Block'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: