Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 3:19 pm

cattychic wrote:
ebowers wrote:
cattychic wrote:
Yep That was Charm City Cake's located right here in Baltimore,Md. It was nice to see Mady getting some much needed attention last night.

Those folks that own and work at Charm City Cakes seem very nice...they were really excited to see the kids!! That was a cute episode...all the icing piled so high on the kids' cakes!! Smile

On a whole different note, cattychic, my teaching partner, and good friend of 15 years, is moving to Baltimore in July to be with her husband (he's the head conditioning coach of the Ravens)...I'm going to miss her a lot Sad .

Wow that's exciting,working for the Raven's. A word of advice for your friend,one of the main attraction's of Baltimore is the inner harbor. Tha National Aquarium,The Hard Rock Cafe,The Power Plant and so many more tourist attraction's are located there. Now here is what the tourist brochure's won't tell you.....not only is the water so polluted that you would probably catch a flesh eating disease if you stuck your big toe in it but The inner harbor is also riddled with crime.Drug dealer's,thieves,shady people who will attack you just for the thrill of it. I'm not joking...it is bad , so please tell her to be careful if she is planning on visiting the inner harbor.

I heard that Towson was a nice place to live in the Baltimore area. Speaking of Baltimore, I met Jim Palmer a while back. He was my ex-boyfriend's brother in law. Name dropping is funnnn! Anyway, he was incredible looking in person. My boyfriend at the time was much older than me and I think Jim P was a similar age and he looked soooo young and handsome and a body to die for. And he was really kind to me.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 3:49 pm

thatgirl wrote:
Thanks for posting, Nancy.

Did Jon seriously go skiing with his girlfriend? I haven't seen Monday's episode yet. If that's the case, he seriously wants out of the marriage.

Never read that. It wasn't on the show. Perhaps jfan can tell us where she got that tidbit.

Edit: google is my friend: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2009/06/jon-gosselin-was-with-his-girlfriend-on-kates-birthday-thats-low.html

This was back in March before the maybe affair was known.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Tiger
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 5:15 pm

On Monday's episodes, I saw the infamous bodyguard more than once. Inconspicuously, TLC had kindly greyed out his face though at the bakery and at one of the book signings. Also, he (the bodyguard) was on the trip with Kate and Mady in San Diego. I saw a picture posted somewhere else where he was driving the peddle pusher with them both in it. TLC didn't show that though.
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 5:43 pm

Look who Kate is on the motorcycle with.
I LOVE that guy!! ha ha ha
Apparently he built Jon and Kate their own motorcycles too so I guess he is going to be on the show too. In the other pictures check out the bike he built for Jon....wowza!!
They do get big perks from their show.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/gallery/taking-a-ride/
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 6:44 pm

Thanks Nancy that is where I got that tidbit about the GF being with Jon on Kate's birthday. And no it was definately not on the show.

Yes, the bodyguard was with Kate and kids in several scenes. I have seen other pictures of him around. No overt evidence of affair but it is certainly possible. Actually I am wondering about his wife. Given the rumors, she can't be thrilled about his job. Then again, who knows? As a bodyguard, he can't spend much time at home.

I am curious what Jon has told People magazine. I think we will know what is going to happen with the marriage when that comes out Friday.

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 7:53 pm

I read a tidbit on the People Interview:

Jon Gosselin says he and his wife, Kate, are not exploiting their children on their hit show Jon & Kate Plus 8.

"Exploited? I don't even want to use that word," he tells People, "because I think it's ridiculous."

Last week, Gosselin's brother- and sister-in-law said
the couple treats their eight kids as a "commodity" and said the
children were unhappy with the cameras. Gosselin, however, tells the
magazine that the children's happiness remains his top priority and
that he will do everything to ensure their happiness — even if that
means quitting their series, currently in its fifth season.

TLC has said it has no plans to end the show, which is under investigation
by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor over child-labor-law compliance
after a complaint was filed. The network denies any wrongdoing.

Dr. Michael Brody of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry tells Us Weekly
that the children are being "exposed and exploited." "Kids at this age
shouldn't be working at all," he says. "They should be playing."

Brody
adds that it's not normal for 5- and 8-year-olds — the ages of the
Gosselin children — to support their families. He also points out that
numerous "child stars" have not coped with fame well into adulthood.

"This
family, like other families on reality TV, is working to support the
brand and so forth," Brody says. "It's a commercialization of children.
There should be some sort of child labor laws about this. ... It's not
normal that they should have their privacy invaded. ... They are
helpless in this situation."

Jon & Kate Plus 8 and
other family-centric reality shows remind him of "the 1700 to 1800s,
[when] it was important to have a lot of children so they could work on
your farm," Brody says.

If the series continues, it may feature
more solo interview segments and trips. In the past week, Jon and Kate,
who have said they are uncertain about their future, were photographed
in different cities. Jon was seen in Newburgh, N.Y., with two female
friends, while his wife and children vacationed in Bald Head Island,
N.C., where, according to Us Weekly, Kate ignored her kids.

"When
Kate sat on the edge of the pool, she told one of [the twins], 'If you
splash me, you're dead meat,'" a fellow vacationer, Ann Michele
Sweeney, told Us. "She was not joking at all. [The twin] said, 'Mommy, you are mean!'"
Back to top Go down
cattychic
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 4th 2009, 2:25 pm

A new photo has surfaced of Jon Gosselin and 23-year-old school teacher Deanna Hummel vacationing in Utah.
The picture shows Deanna photographing Jon March 28 at the Spring Gruv at The Canyons Ski Resort in Park City. (Us Weekly first reported their trip in its May 18 cover story.)

Jon's Utah visit was filmed for an episode of his hit TLC reality show, focusing on how he helps handicapped kids (the vacations in Utah are among the freebies he receives from the show).
A witness who spotted Jon and Deanna tells Usmagazine.com the two "were close and chatty" as they watched a pond skimming competition together.

"There wasn't any making out or handholding," says the onlooker. "But there was that whole girly-smiley-chatty thing. She didn't seem like somebody he'd just met. It seemed like two people having a great afternoon."
Later, the two went to a bar downstairs, where "they were curled up in one of the booth seats and very cuddly," the witness tells Us. "Nobody was put off or surprised by it at all."
At the bar, the witness said, Jon "just looked different. He was so smashed, his eyes were barely open."
"I didn't recognize him at first," the witness continues. "He didn't look like himself. I said, 'Get together, let's take a picture!' But he said, 'I can't. No, really, I can't. It's contractual -- I can't have any photos.' He kept going on about it. She was like, 'It's because he's in that show.'"
Where was Kate while Jon and Deanna partied?
As documented on this past week's episode, she was at their 24-acre estate in Wernersville, Pa., celebrating her 34th birthday with the kids.

Jon has repeatedly denied cheating on his wife. (He vaguely apologized for "actions" on the May 25 season 5 premiere of Jon & Kate Plus 8.)
In a brief new interview, Jon says "enough is enough" -- but only in reference to the paparazzi, with whom he says he's reached an "understanding."

The reality star refuses to discuss one single issue involving his marriage or its woes, stating: "It's a private matter, and we're discussing it privately."
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 5th 2009, 3:21 pm

jfan wrote:
Okay, sorry I got the wrong show. But it was definately cross promotion and I would be pretty sure the same the corporation is benefitting from that.

Next week " American Chopper" is doing a crossover with J&K+8. The OCC gang is going to build a bike for John.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/jenbo3
Beruthiel

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 5th 2009, 4:41 pm

Both Entertainment Tonight and then the Canadian version are on right after the regular news that we watch each evening and Jon and Kate have been on every day lately - I leave those shows on when there's nothing else I want to watch now that everything else is done for the season - and a lot of this printed stuff is exaggerated and/or taken out of context, so the TV show is actually more factual, or perhaps has to have a higher standard of reporting?
An interesting interview with a psychologist said that Kate is longing for love and appreciation... which she doesn't get.
I haven't heard many of the gory details of possible affairs, or marital misconduct, but I have to say, where is the condemnation of the school teacher who might be having a fling with Jon? The father of eight kids? I must say, shame on her, if it 's true, that is despicable behaviour.
In the first show of the season I thought Jon came across as a sullen teenager: poor me, only twenty something and stuck with eight kids... well, who's fault is that????? Doh!
My sympathies are shifting towards Kate, I'm surprised to acknowledge.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 5th 2009, 5:49 pm

It seems like Kate is a pain in the butt. However, I think she really does love her kids. I think Jon loves them too. The kids do seem happy and loved. It may not be so bad for them as people make out. I think the deterioration of their parent's marriage is going to be more painful for them than being filmed.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 5th 2009, 5:53 pm

The People article focused more on the kids and John's love of them. He said several times anything else was private and no one else's business.
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 17th 2009, 2:51 pm

Jon & Kate Spend Anniversary Weekend in Separate States

Jon and Kate Gosselin rang in their 10th wedding anniversary this weekend — 150 miles apart.

For their wedding anniversary on Saturday, Kate remained home playing with their eight children in Wernersville, PA. But where was Jon for the milestone occasion? Lunching with an older, male friend in West Nyack, N.Y., according to People.

"Jon was on the phone most of the time and was definitely talking to his kids," a waiter told the magazine. "He was shy and reserved."

After a quick lunch, the father of eight did a little shopping at the Palisades Center mall where a store employee told People he "didn't look very happy" and seemed as though he "just wanted to be left alone."

TLC had no comment as to Jon's whereabouts over the weekend.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Jon-Kate-Spend-1006978.aspx

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 17th 2009, 4:21 pm

The Jon and Kate meltdown is sad. Now there are pictures that purport to show Kate spanking one of the kids. From what I have seen they show her pulling back her arm and then her holding the kids shoulders while she is crying. I imagine she got a quick pop in the behind though who knows.

I am so tired of the whole Jon and Kate thing. It needs to go away. Neither are good parents and yet nothing I have seen has risen to the level of "the kids would be better off in foster care." I am sure CPS will now investigate but I expect this isn't going to be a case of pulling the kids out of the home. Lots of people on the hater site are arguing for Jon to fight kate for custody of the kids but there is no indication that Jon wants the kids all the time (much of the time?) or that he wants the gravy train to stop.

What I really fear is that all the haters who are writing everyone and their brother to get Kate will end creating a situation where parental decisions will be more tightly controlled by the government for everyone. After all, laws can't be written to apply only to the Gossselins.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 17th 2009, 9:30 pm

I had no idea that she hit her kids. I thought she was a "modern" parent using time outs. Her kids are going through enough right now, I'm sure. Does she really need to hit them too?
Back to top Go down
drama101
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 18th 2009, 1:32 am

I think this whole spanking thing is just blow WAY out of portion. i know kate has said that she does not like to spank her kids to disiplin them but just b/c she does it now doest not mean she is spirling out of control and beating them. I got my fair shares of Spanking when i was little and believe my i deserved every one of them. LOL

I know they are in the public eye now especially w/ all the drama now I dont agree with some of you saying they are BAD parents i think they are good parents that have probably made mistakes just as many parents have. NO one knows their situation i really just dont read anything about them b/c you really dont know who to believe for the fact people will come out of the woodworks if it involves MONEY. I wish them nothing but the best and i think in the end they will do what is best for their Kids b/c they do LOVE THEM.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 18th 2009, 8:46 am

I agree that they love their kids, but isn't Kate going on book tours promoting her books about good parenting? I don't think she is spiraling out of control or beating her kids, but it appears that she was physical with her daughter and that isn't considered enlightened parenting these days.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 18th 2009, 8:52 am

I think her books and tours are more about Christian parenting. Lots of Scripture quotes in them and there are still a large number of Christians who believe in the "spare the rod, spoil the child philosophy."

So actually the spanking is less controversial among the groups I think were initial target audience than the fact that she is not a stay at home Mom who defers to her husband on all matters. And, of course, rumors of affairs and wearing bikinis in public don't help with that group.

Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 18th 2009, 12:10 pm

Are Jon and Kate Gosselin announcing a divorce?
"Recently we've made some life-changing decisions," Kate says in a voiceover on a new TLC promo for a one-hour Jon & Kate Plus 8 episode to air Monday. "Decisions that will affect every member of our family...ones that we hope will bring each of us some peace."

Phrases like "A relationship at a crossroads" and "Where do they go from here?" also flash across the screen during the 30-second promo.
Us Weekly has chronicled the couple's crumbling marriage as Jon had a three-month affair with 23-year-old Deanna Hummel, and Kate had an "inseparable" relationship with her bodyguard, Steve Neild.
They recently spent their 10 year wedding anniversary apart.
Back to top Go down
cattychic
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 18th 2009, 12:11 pm

Here's the link if you want to watch the video for the promo of Monday's show. Sorry I don't know how to post video's here.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/jon-and-kate-gosselin-to-make-announcement-on-monday-show--2009186
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 18th 2009, 12:22 pm

It's being portrayed like she beats the children, what I saw was her popping the child on the back of there legs or butt. I think there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 18th 2009, 8:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 20th 2009, 1:08 pm

flowerpower wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIkdOHbtY1E&feature=player_embedded

Flowah, it says the video was removed.
What was it?
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 20th 2009, 1:14 pm

Just a preview of Monday, pretty short. I'm sure it's on RadorOnline.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 20th 2009, 1:15 pm

Oh ok...thanks, Flowah!
Back to top Go down
Jen17

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 22nd 2009, 11:31 pm

I've watched one episode of this show before tonight, and it was so sad. They need to take a hiatus or something from the show and let the family figure out how to deal with this. Ugh, it was horrible to watch.

Also, we don't know all the details of their marriage but I wonder how much they talked about their relationship? I hate that people seem to give up on marriage so easily these days.

If Kate really doesn't want to be alone and wants to stay married, surely she would be able to work on her comments and delivery of them to Jon. I mean, just make her watch an episode and see how it sounds. Maybe instead of taking solo vacations, they take them together. Counseling? She said Jon never talked, so instead of talking it out, they go straight to divorce? And maybe they did, but when you say I do, you say it's going to be forever. Did they give it a try at all to salvage it or just give up easily? Jon seems to excited for his new life. And she seems devastated she'll be going it alone.It's just very sad. And shouldn't be on TV for their kids to see in later years.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 12:04 am

I wondered the same thing, Jen, about counseling? Seems like, as a Christian couple, they would at least take that step?
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 5:37 am

Did anyone watch the show last night? Was it very sad?
I wanted to but I watched the Bachelorette instead.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 8:16 am

I watched and found it to be very sad, she still loves her husband but is doing what she feels is best for her kids. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily. I hate that it is so easy to divorce, counseling try that first and if that doesn't work then do what needs to be done. I can't just blame Kate, he had a big part in this as well. I do think that Jon seemed a little too excited about going his "new" life, wtf??? I thought the show was sad but they do seem to be hiding it from the children as best that they can.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 9:39 am

Oh, it was a very sad show last night. Sad I cried when towards the end of the show they were showing past clips...when the kids were younger. I agree about counseling...but, we don't know if they've indeed tried it and it just isn't working. My heart really ached for Kate last night...
The kids seem like nothing has changed...running around and playing (those crooked houses are just sooo cute !). I like when it shows the kids playing like that...they are fun to watch and listen to!
Good luck to the both of them. I hope they learn to support and respect one another in the raising of their children.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16372

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 9:50 am

I watched it and I agree with everyone else. Soo sad... I got the feeling like Jon is looking forward to his new life, and Kate is devastated about loosing her marriage however I also got a sense that he is dun with the show and Kate isn't. I wonder if this is what pushed the idea of going separate ways they both said that they have become two totally different people from when they first started the show. Maybe they don't know who they are anymore??
Back to top Go down
bab$

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 1:01 pm

I watched both Bach.... & J & K + 8.
J & K was very sad. You can't do counseling if only one wants to fix it. I think she realized to late, what she was like & he doesn't care anymore. He's found a new life. That's very sad! ( I used to act that way & went through the same thing with my husband - now ex ) I did survive & moved states away! I didn't have 8 kids, a reality show or $$$$$. She will be OK. You can already see a BIG difference in her! She's a lot mellower....he just looks really mad & bitter. He's seeing that - yes he can walk away from the show, but that means leaving the money & toys - and he just doesn't seem to be willing to do that. He could walk away from the show & still be involved with his kids, but he likes the perks (all the while being mad). He does remind me of a mad little boy. I'm not trying to say she has done nothing wrong. But, she is wanting to fix & correct things & he just wants out (to walk away) of the marriage.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 2:19 pm

I didn't know that he initiated the divorce. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 2:23 pm

Moody wrote:
I didn't know that he initiated the divorce. Interesting.

TMZ says that Kate was the one who filled for divorce!
Back to top Go down
Jen17

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 2:27 pm

No, she filed for the divorce yesterday. I'll try and find the article with their statements, I know it was on Perez Hilton. She said due to his actions this weekend, whatever that means? Getting an apartment in Trump Tower, maybe?

Also, I wonder how excited Jon would be about divorcing if they quit the show and he had to pay child support for 8 kids? His excitement really pissed me off last night, even though I think she was a bitch to him in the few eps I saw.

http://tv.yahoo.com/jon-kate-plus-8/show/42651/news/urn:newsml:tv.tvguide.com:20090623:1007197__ER:1
Back to top Go down
Rayneydaze
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 2:59 pm

I cried for both of them as I watched the show last night...I mostly cried for the kids though...I can't imagine how it would be to tell those kids that Daddy isn't going to live here anymore....

I really felt for Kate, and usually, I don't, but she just seemed so defeated last night....tired and defeated, and really really sad. I could really feel her emotions. Ugh...what a sad, sad situation!

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 3:12 pm

I agree with many posts above. It is very sad. What makes me the saddest is the I feel the world celebrates and anticipates such bad things. Those kids are so sweet an innocent.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 5:58 pm

Not sure about celebrating such moments but the show lsat night had 10.9 million viewers -- the highest ratings of any show on TLC ever. Of course, the show was hyped - by TLC in the promos, all the tabloid gossip, and Jon telling people to watch.

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 23rd 2009, 6:26 pm

How sad..... I'm guilty, I watched it. But, it's still sad, that's what we have become. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 24th 2009, 9:34 am

Oh I watched it too. I just hated the way TLC promoted it like something exciting was about to happen. IMO - They need to cancel that voyerisitic cash-cow that's ruined their family and work it out.....STAT!

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 24th 2009, 9:51 am

Again, if Kate said they had not lived together for 2 years, how can the show be blamed? How long has the show been on the air? About 2 years right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   

Back to top Go down

John and Kate plus 8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: