Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sydney2
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16372
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 29th 2009, 6:51 pm

I see what your saying Jfan and I agree.

I do worry about their emotional well being, especially during this crazy media frenzy surrounding their parents. I really hope they are kept in the dark about all of it. It would be so terribly scary for a little child to see, let alone comprehend what is going on. Without possibly inernalizing all the bad things right now. I feel badly for the whole family (all 10) the stress must be overwhelming. Jon and Kate both look really sad and lost.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 30th 2009, 8:39 am

I do not think it is healthy that they are filmed as much as they are. Jon and Kate are consenting adults and somewhat knew what they were signing up for minus the negativity. The kids were born into it. It is like one of my all-time favorite movies "The Truman Show". Plus, look at how many child actors have grown up and had serious issues as adults all blamed on the industry.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 30th 2009, 3:12 pm

Tiger wrote:
I do not think it is healthy that they are filmed as much as they are. Jon and Kate are consenting adults and somewhat knew what they were signing up for minus the negativity. The kids were born into it. It is like one of my all-time favorite movies "The Truman Show". Plus, look at how many child actors have grown up and had serious issues as adults all blamed on the industry.

So do you think all reality shows with children in them should be banned? And if it is child actors that evidence probems (as oposed to kids filmed going about their daily lives), should no one under 18 be allowed to act on television series and in movies? Taking it further, some Olympic or near Olympic level gynamasts and swimmers have serious issues as adults blamed on the demands of their sports. Should children not be allowed to train and compete at that level until they are 18?

If some filming is allowed how much? TLC says the Goseelin children are filmed 2-3 days a week for 2-4 hours a day. The child labor laws in PA allow kids to be filmed for 40 hours a week and this is well under that. Should there be number of week limits? I am trying to figure out what outcomes people really want besides taking down the Gosselins?

Number of posts : 12116

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 30th 2009, 3:38 pm

jfan wrote:
Tiger wrote:

So do you think all reality shows with children in them should be banned? And if it is child actors that evidence probems (as oposed to kids filmed going about their daily lives), should no one under 18 be allowed to act on television series and in movies? Taking it further, some Olympic or near Olympic level gynamasts and swimmers have serious issues as adults blamed on the demands of their sports. Should children not be allowed to train and compete at that level until they are 18?

If some filming is allowed how much? TLC says the Goseelin children are filmed 2-3 days a week for 2-4 hours a day. The child labor laws in PA allow kids to be filmed for 40 hours a week and this is well under that. Should there be number of week limits? I am trying to figure out what outcomes people really want besides taking down the Gosselins?

I get it jfan and I basically believe as you regarding the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 30th 2009, 3:45 pm

Child actors for the most part choose to act. Athletes choose to do the sport.

These children really weren't given a chance to say what they wanted. Hasn't some of them complained about the cameras? If so, I hope their wants are taken care of in the future. I am no expert on this family, only watched a few shows. It's a sad situation all around.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 30th 2009, 6:20 pm

C'mon Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were less than a year old when the started on television. That girl that played Rudy Huxatable could not have been more than 4 or so when the Cosby Show started. There are tons of example of cute kids started on television when they were far too young to choose to act. And we have no idea if, when they were old enough to know it they freely chose to continue, or if the family depended on it.

Aunt Jodi told Radar on Line the kids complained to her about the cameras - but given they have sold their story, who knows if that is true. Kate and Jon have said that no kid is filmed if they don't want to be. All I can do is judge by the episodes I have seen.

I remember watching when one of the boys didn't want to sit on the interview chair any more. He said "i am leaving" or something like that and no one stopped him. He was smiling and happy the whole time just ready to do something else. When Mady or Cara didn't want them filming in their bedroom, the cameras didn't go in their bedroom. Kate and Jon spoke in one episode when Jon had quit his job to stay home that they had talked to the kids and they wanted to keep filming if that meant Daddy could be home.

We don't allow minors to sign contracts because they don't always know what is best for them. I didn't allow my 5 year old to decide what to eat, when to go to bed, where to go school, etc. so I certainly would not have let him make decisions on family vacations, where we lived, or how I earned a living.

I am not saying it is necessarily "right" to allow the use of minors for entertainment. I am saying that whatever society decides on the issue, it should apply to all children not just the Gosselins. Otherwise, this is just a witch hunt to bring down Kate Gosselin because people don't like her.

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 30th 2009, 6:54 pm

Thanks for the clarification Jfan. Like I said I am a newbie to the show and don't know all the history.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 30th 2009, 7:39 pm

Otherwise, this is just a witch hunt to bring down Kate Gosselin because people don't like her.

Jfan, I agree with most of what you said in your post above but this - people can have opinions about the show, about Jon and Kate, about Kevin and Jodi, and about the kids without it being a witch hunt against Kate.
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 30th 2009, 8:46 pm

gluedtothepc wrote:
Otherwise, this is just a witch hunt to bring down Kate Gosselin because people don't like her.

Jfan, I agree with most of what you said in your post above but this - people can have opinions about the show, about Jon and Kate, about Kevin and Jodi, and about the kids without it being a witch hunt against Kate.

I agree with you glue, everyone has their own opinion. We will never know what is really going on. I believe the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 30th 2009, 9:04 pm

Yes, people can have opinions on the show and all the players involved. I was referring specifically to the people trying to get Jon and Kate Plus 8 taken off the air (GWOP) claiming child advocacy as their motive when they are applying it to a single show and not across the board. Throw in repeated negative comments about Kate's hair style and crap like that and I do question those people's motives.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 30th 2009, 9:26 pm

Thanks, jfan - that helps clarify your post a little. I didn't realize there was an organized effort to get the show off the air? I can see what you're saying if comments are getting petty about her hair, even - that has nothing to do with what is right for the Gosselin kids.

Buxom, I'm also in the 'truth is probably somewhere in the middle' club.
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 3:04 pm

Kate Gosselin Takes Kids to the Beach – Without Jon

By Antoinette Y. Coulton and Steve Helling

Originally posted Sunday May 31, 2009 02:00 PM EDT

Kate Gosselin and one of her sextuplets Photo by: INF
Kate Gosselin took a beach vacation this week – if that's what you call taking eight kids to North Carolina without help from her husband while cameras rolled for their reality show.

Gosselin spent time with her 8-year-old twins and her sextuplets, who turned 5 on May 5, on Bald Head Island, N.C., a resort town that features upscale cottages, a golf course and lighthouse with the only modes of transportation being golf carts and bicycles. The brood, along with a nanny, stayed in a rental cottage while they shot scenes for their reality show.

Arriving on a ferry earlier in the week, the Gosselins were hard to miss with all eight kids, local resident Brittani Reynolds, 20, tells PEOPLE.

Kate, in big sunglasses, looked "like a movie star," according to Reynolds. "She had a manicure and looked really like she takes care of herself. She didn't seem unhappy. She actually seemed to be in a good mood; she was making jokes with everyone," she tells PEOPLE. "She was talking loud to the kids, things like, 'Don't stand over there. Don't touch that.' She sounded like a mom."

On Wednesday, Gosselin and the kids spent a few hours on the beach flanked by a camera crew and several security guards. "The kids seemed really lighthearted," says Mari Leathers, 40, who is vacationing on the island from Wytheville, Va. "Of course they stand out because there are so many of them, but they are really happy looking. One of the girls had a little meltdown because she had misplaced a shovel, but otherwise it looked just fine."

Leathers says she didn't see the children swim, but they did play in the sand, making sand castles and digging holes.

"It was a production, that's for sure," she says. "It wasn't a relaxing beach time because they were definitely filming. But the kids seemed happy enough."

On Thursday, twins Cara and Madelyn – along with a bodyguard and a nanny – stopped at Riverside Adventure Co., a gift shop on the island, where the local newspaper, The Star-News, reports that they girls bought two shark's teeth and silly putty.

They looked content enough, and the kids in particular looked really happy," a local resident who saw them out Thursday says. "They were just being kids. [Kate] seemed frazzled, but that was probably more because she was dealing with eight kids."
The Gosselin children Photo by: INF
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 3:18 pm

She looked like movie star, she seemed happy, she seemed frazzled. She was alone with the kids (no Jon) but several body guards, a nanny and camera crew on a resort island. Seems to be a lot of contradictions in one article.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 3:30 pm

flowerpower wrote:
She looked like movie star, she seemed happy, she seemed frazzled. She was alone with the kids (no Jon) but several body guards, a nanny and camera crew on a resort island. Seems to be a lot of contradictions in one article.

She seems to enjoy the attention.
I don't know about any move to get them off the air, but common sense would tell you that the show is what is pulling this family apart. The only chance for them to stay together IMO, is to live a more private life...and that means not doing the show.

And I don't care what anyone says... I don't like her personality and I have a right to that opinion.. thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Fanelle

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 4:21 pm

Isn't it interesting...when Jon cared for the kids while Kate was on her book tour and various speaking engagements (gone as much as 25 days per month) there was no camera crew to film HIM parenting day to day. But as soon as Kate's home and caring for the kids ("All alone" as she made sure to say several times in the premiere) TLC's cameras are right there to film every bit of it. Does she ever take them anywhere or do anything with them WITHOUT cameras?

As far as there being a "witch hunt" ...Please. As long as the money and freebies continue to roll in, I can guarantee Kate doesn't care what anyone says on any messageboard. Does she look bothered by our opinions in the pics above? She's laughing all the way to the bank and free spas.

I'm sorry if my opinion ruffles any feathers but I am not sorry for my opinion. I don't care for Kate and I have valid reasons. The way she treats her kids being chief among them. All celebrities enjoy nice homes, material wealth, and can employ nannies to care for their children but in Kate's case, the children are the only reason she has all those nice things to begin with. Celebrity comes with a price... The Gosselin children are paying it and may pay for it the rest of their lives.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 4:54 pm

Jon doesn't have the kids filmed when Kate is gone? Are you kidding? The camera crew was there when Kate was on the book tour.
There was a whole episode on him forcing the kids to take a walk in the woods while he was alone with them. And he was yelling at them for crying about being in the woods. Also when the dog had to be operated on, he had the kids on camera going to the vet. He had Cara on camera when they were alone in Utah skiing. Jon is as into having these kids filmed as Kate. And he enjoys the financial perks as much as Kate. His personality is more appealing than Kate's though so I guess that is the big difference between the two.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 5:13 pm

I agree with Jfan, Jon benefits just as much, if not more from the filming. IMO.

I don't think Kate went into this with visions of fame and fortune. Kate has a personality that is very blunt and no holds barred, so of course she is the easy scapegoat. However, it was Jon who got caught in the cookie jar and put the whole family under this tabloid microscope.

Both Jon and Kate have said prior to this tabloid frenzy, the opportunities afforded to them because of this show have been unbelievable, and they were grateful.

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 6:34 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

She seems to enjoy the attention.
I don't know about any move to get them off the air, but common sense would tell you that the show is what is pulling this family apart. The only chance for them to stay together IMO, is to live a more private life...and that means not doing the show.

And I don't care what anyone says... I don't like her personality and I have a right to that opinion.. thank you.

I agree with you, Nancy. I don't like Kate either. IMO, she is the main reason this family is being torn apart. Seems she loves the limelight even at the cost of her marriage or her children's well-being. She's bossy and if I were Jon, everytime she told me not to do something or how I didn't something right, I'd tell her to kiss my butt!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 7:32 pm

Maybe Jason Messick and Kate can get together. He says he likes kids.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 7:38 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 7:43 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 7:47 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

And I suspect Jason will be single in the coming weeks too, so definitely a good idea! lol!
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 8:38 pm

Mrs C wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:

And I suspect Jason will be single in the coming weeks too, so definitely a good idea! lol!

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Fanelle

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 8:42 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

Oh good heavens, those poor kids would never get away from cameras then!!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 9:04 pm

lol! Finally...some levity in this thread!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   May 31st 2009, 9:22 pm

I certainly don't think it's because of only one of them that their marriage is in trouble...marriages fall apart when two people grow apart from each other...but there is a lot going on with this family. I agree that Kate is the easy scapegoat here because she has this blunt, aggressive, type AAAAA personality and on the show her edit is that of a first-class &^%$#, but Jon is not all innocent in this crisis they are facing...afterall, he was shown going out on Kate. IMO, it is easy to feel bad for Jon when the producers edit him as being bossed around all the time and it seems like he can't stand up for himself. I cried for him after Monday's episode...I felt sooo badly for him...his shoulders were hunched over, like he was just plain tired and defeated. But, yet again, I think the public has been duped by reality tv!! Or at least I have!! I wish they would show them going to a marriage counselor and working on salvaging their marriage. I'm not sure that would get the BIG tv ratings though!

I like Kate, too. When I first started watching the show, I didn't really care for her. But, over time, I saw that she has a lot of qualities that I admire. She's strong, independent, very well organized and I like that it's important to her to take time for herself... yes, even with 8 kids! More women need to make time for themselves...for a day at the spa, or lunch out with a friend, shopping for something pretty...that absolutely does not make them a "bad" mother...on the contrary, IMO, it makes them a better parent. And, I love Kate's hair...I think it's a fun style for her. I am jealous that I can't wear that style...it'd look plain silly on me!

I wish they'd cancel the show after this season. Jon could ask for his old job back and Kate could continue with her book tours and most importantly they could work on their marriage away from the glare of the cameras.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 2nd 2009, 12:41 am

I just watched the episode where they try to explain their current situation. In it Kate explained that she now has a fondness to the fans that she once didn't have. Jon basically said he is over it. IMO, for their marriage to survive, the cameras need to be turned off. Something is just completely out of whack with them right now and the glaring media attention their show brings is not helping.
Back to top Go down
Beruthiel

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 2nd 2009, 5:55 am

I watched one episode of this last year, and my reaction was that the Mom was cold and bossy, and what a windfall for the family to be on TV, since it costs a fortune to have that many kids all at once, but was it good for any of them, seems as if not.
I couldn't help but see the odd reference to troubles in the entertainment section of the local paper, so I watched the first new season episode and they should pack it in and work it out for the sake of all of them, money or not.
Makes me sad to see the disintegration of a family.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 2nd 2009, 8:38 am

I watched the two new episodes last night. I am thinking the show should be retitled "John OR Kate Plus Eight." From the looks of it they have really been separated since January. From last season, they got the dogs a few weeks before Christmas. It seemed like they were still together regularly when they got the dogs. Then there was an episode where Kate was on the book tour and Jon had to pick up the dog who swallowed the toy from the vet. The last few episodes of last "Season" Kate and Jon were clearly not being filmed together. Jon took Cara to Utah alone; then he was with his mother for a couple weeks while Kate was filmed alone with the kids a couple episodes. Last night, they said the Jon/Cara trip was in January.

I think last nights episodes were filmed in March so before the birthday party shown last week. It was certainly before Jon was caught out with that other woman because Jon and Kate were much more comfortable together than on last weeks episode.

I enjoyed watching Kate and Mady in San Diego. As I suspected, it was the one on one trip Mady got with a parent to parallel Cara's solo trip with Jon - not the sinister "bribe" of Mady that the "Hate Kate" site is claiming. Mady seemed much calmer and happier getting so much individual time. Solo attention is good for her. They made a point of letting the viewer know that the cameras only filmed 1 day of a 4 day trip. Kate and Mady referred to going to Sea World and we didn't see it so I expect that was a day they did not film.

Kate's birthday episode was both commercial and sad. ClearlyTLC was cross promoting a newer show - "Cake Boss." It was filmed on Kate's actual birthday - March 28 - and Jon just happened to have a ski trip scheduled for that time and it "couldn't be helped." I suspect we will mostly be seeing Jon and Kate not filmed together from now on.

The kids looked happy and thriving and so normal in both episodes. The sadness that permeated the birthday episode wasn't there at all.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 2nd 2009, 9:26 am

Quote :
ClearlyTLC was cross promoting a newer show - "Cake Boss."

Not that relevant but FWIW, They didn't visit Cake Boss, they visited "the Ace of Cakes" people.. It's on the Food Network. I'm pretty sure the Food Network, TLC/Discovery are all owned by the same company though.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16372

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 2nd 2009, 9:32 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Quote :
ClearlyTLC was cross promoting a newer show - "Cake Boss."

Not that relevant but FWIW, They didn't visit Cake Boss, they visited "the Ace of Cakes" people.. It's on the Food Network. I'm pretty sure the Food Network, TLC/Discovery are all owned by the same company though.

I think you are right Nancy because for the 100th episode Emeril will be on the show, I saw him in a recent preview for next weeks show. They must be all tied together.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 2nd 2009, 9:49 am

Okay, sorry I got the wrong show. But it was definately cross promotion and I would be pretty sure the same the corporation is benefitting from that.

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 2nd 2009, 10:52 am

Yep That was Charm City Cake's located right here in Baltimore,Md. It was nice to see Mady getting some much needed attention last night.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 1:51 pm

Just wondering how Jon and Kate will work on their marriage if they are never together. Do they even want to work on it or is it over?
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 2:03 pm

cattychic wrote:
Yep That was Charm City Cake's located right here in Baltimore,Md. It was nice to see Mady getting some much needed attention last night.

Those folks that own and work at Charm City Cakes seem very nice...they were really excited to see the kids!! That was a cute episode...all the icing piled so high on the kids' cakes!! Smile

On a whole different note, cattychic, my teaching partner, and good friend of 15 years, is moving to Baltimore in July to be with her husband (he's the head conditioning coach of the Ravens)...I'm going to miss her a lot Sad .
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 2:24 pm

thatgirl wrote:
Just wondering how Jon and Kate will work on their marriage if they are never together. Do they even want to work on it or is it over?

Who knows if they want to work on it or not? My guess is that Jon doesn't. Jon's trip to Utah to go snowboarding with friends could have been adjusted to not fall on Kate's birthday if he wanted it to. The fact that 23 year old girlfriend was spotted with him in Utah on Kate's birthday says alot. It is pretty clear he does not want to be home when Kate is.

I am not sure what Kate wants as far as the marriage goes. I think she is regretting how she has treated him though.

Administrator

PostSubject: Pull the plug on 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' ... NOW!   June 3rd 2009, 2:35 pm

Daily News plea to TLC: Pull the plug on 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' ... NOW!

link to article

TLC executives should step up and do the right thing — kill "Jon & Kate Plus 8," the series. Now.
That's right. Just when people are watching — not caring, mind you, but watching — it's time to realize this show is broken. Big time.
After two disjointed episodes this week, combined with the continuous drumbeat over the family's serious real-life issues, it is painfully clear this show will never go back to being the sweet, if not occasionally annoying, series it was before.
With the often cloying Jon and Kate Gosselin spending time apart, the show has lost its reason for being.
Imagine, if you will, CBS' "Two and a Half Men" with the two leads living on different coasts.
It wouldn't be the same show. "Jon & Kate" isn't the same with them apart, either.
This isn't about the family itself, but the show. And by that measure, given what the marital strife has done to the show, "Jon & Kate Plus 8" has lost its way. From a purely TV perspective, the show is toast.
Before the marital woes went public, "Jon & Kate Plus 8" was TV's equivalent of easy listening radio.
Tune in as a family, never be offended, watch Kate tweak Jon, be entertained and move on.
That sweetness has gone. Everything now feels staged and the on-camera acting about as good as most YouTube videos. Surely, TLC has a problem.
Thanks to the incessant coverage of their marriage — US magazine is reporting they've been split for six months — the season premiere two weeks ago generated 9.8 million viewers.
But don't let the big opening numbers fool anyone. Monday's second episode of the season drew 5.8 million viewers, suggesting four million tuned in for the season premiere, but decided not to come back.
While that's up from last season's high point, it's still a huge week-to-week drop this season.
There's no doubt, some portion of the audience, having never heard of the Gosselins before were rubbernecking the first week and decided to move on.
TLC should, too.
The network is chock-a-block with shows about multiple families, so replacing this train wreck is easy. Multiple kid families are the new big thing. The Duggars are still in the wings, with their ever growing wackpack.
And, there's TLC's "Table of 12," starring the Hayes family from New Jersey, who come off as nicer, more loving and eminently more interesting than the Gosselins were or will be. Face it, before this mess, the Gosselins were never destined to be at the center of the TV universe long-term.
TLC has 40 episodes on order.
It's time for the network to cut back, cut it's losses and move on.
Create a farewell episode before the audience completely says farewell to the show.
Kate Gosselin said recently Jon's personal struggle is that he realizes they can't go back to what they had before being famous for nothing.
Now, some of the viewers are realizing they can't go back either.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/06/03/2009-06-03_jon__kate_youre_fired_or_at_least_we_think_you_should_be.html#ixzz0HOhfMBPH&B
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 2:38 pm

Here is a hit piece from Faux News

Kate Gosselin's Ex-Fiance: She Was Always Chasing Money

Kate Gosselin’s former fiancé has come forward to reveal little known facts about the reality star before she was famous.

In an interview with Star magazine, Adam Miller claims that long before she met husband Jon, Kate Gosselin pressured the factory worker to marry her.

The couple was set to wed until the unthinkable happened – an affair at her 21st birthday party!

According to Miller, the reality star “hooked up with some guy in a Corvette” after her party. “She was always chasing the money,” Miller added.

And though they reportedly met back in 1995 when Miller was just a 17-year-old high school graduate, Gosselin, then 18, was reportedly happy to have him play sugar daddy.

“I spoiled Kate with gifts, like a diamond bracelet and a gold locket, and she loved that. I think one of the main reasons she liked me is that I had so much money flowing.”

Indeed, Miller not only gave her the finest in gifts, but cuisine as well: “We’d eat mostly hamburgers, fries, Cheetos. A typical night out was at Ruby Tuesday’s!”
Here is a hit piece from Faux News

Star article: http://www.starmagazine.com/kate_gosselin_ex_fiance_cheat/news/15656
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 2:50 pm

Thanks for posting, Nancy.

Did Jon seriously go skiing with his girlfriend? I haven't seen Monday's episode yet. If that's the case, he seriously wants out of the marriage.
Back to top Go down
cattychic
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   June 3rd 2009, 3:13 pm

ebowers wrote:
cattychic wrote:

Those folks that own and work at Charm City Cakes seem very nice...they were really excited to see the kids!! That was a cute episode...all the icing piled so high on the kids' cakes!! Smile

On a whole different note, cattychic, my teaching partner, and good friend of 15 years, is moving to Baltimore in July to be with her husband (he's the head conditioning coach of the Ravens)...I'm going to miss her a lot Sad .

Wow that's exciting,working for the Raven's. A word of advice for your friend,one of the main attraction's of Baltimore is the inner harbor. Tha National Aquarium,The Hard Rock Cafe,The Power Plant and so many more tourist attraction's are located there. Now here is what the tourist brochure's won't tell you.....not only is the water so polluted that you would probably catch a flesh eating disease if you stuck your big toe in it but The inner harbor is also riddled with crime.Drug dealer's,thieves,shady people who will attack you just for the thrill of it. I'm not joking...it is bad , so please tell her to be careful if she is planning on visiting the inner harbor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   

Back to top Go down

John and Kate plus 8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: