View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35352
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 11:29 am

I'm sure there is an old thread somewhere... but starting a new one.

I don't know how I missed this article:
http://www.phillymag.com/articles/jon_and_kate_gosselin/

It's several pages, so go to the link
( talks about John getting fired etc)
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 12:01 pm

I had no clue so much controversy surrounded this family. Those poor children. They sound as bad as Octomom. The laws need to be changed in PA to protect children from this type of exploitation.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 12:26 pm

Hmmm interesting read! I have only watched this show on occassion. I will admit that Kate seems a little too much of a perfectionist (hell she admits it) and she does berate her husband a little too much for any man to take. IMO of course.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 12:43 pm

Thankfully, I've never had to walk in their shoes. I cannot judge these parents. At least two sides to every story. The children seem to be thriving and happy.
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 1:08 pm

Thanks for that Nancy. Quite eye opening.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 2:31 pm

Mappy wrote:
Thankfully, I've never had to walk in their shoes. I cannot judge these parents. At least two sides to every story. The children seem to be thriving and happy.

IA Mappy, I do see the children as regular children they have meltdowns just like mine do and not anymore often than mine do.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 2:51 pm

I thought your link was going to reference a different story:

http://blog.beliefnet.com/idolchatter/2009/03/jon-gosselin-of-jon-kate-plus.html

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/32331857.html

http://blog.beliefnet.com/idolchatter/2009/02/kate-gosselin-of-jon-kate-plus-1.html

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 4:24 pm

I'll admit, true or not, the story is a little disturbing. It reminds of the movie "The Truman Show".

Number of posts : 17012
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 6:41 pm

Thanks for bringing that over Nancy, it was an interesting read. I've been reading up on this for awhile and I've watched the show from the beginning. For me, it was really heartwarming to watch the love that was within this family. Their children, all beautiful and healthy thank God, parents that love them to pieces, just trying to get through each day with one foot in front of the other and I just loved watching them, Kate nope, never liked her, but her kids, OMG, they are precious.

For a while now, I felt like I was watching a different show, from trips to Disney, a renewal of marriage vows in Hawaii complete with a body guard (who they just named one of their new German Shepherd after Rolling Eyes ), a brand new 1.3 million dollar home with acres of farm land. I started to notice that there was no one else around, no friends and most of all no family. The only family Kate bothered with were her brother and his wife, Jodi. Aunt Jodi was a big part of the show, so her absence was noticeable to me.

Quite a few months ago, I stumbled upon a blog that was written by Jodi's sister talking about her version of the real "Jon & Kate", the fact that Kate doesn't cook, they have chefs, Jon doesn't work, hasn't in over a year, they're laundry is done for them and that their children are their support system (in addition to Kate's speaking engagements). I was blown away to find all this out, not to mention the reason for the blog (which by the way has now been taken down), was the fact of why we don't see Aunt Jodi anymore. According to her sister's blog, Aunt Jodi was approached by TLC to add her to the "payroll" and apparently Kate went off and said that no one gets paid for the show except her children, Jon & herself, therefore, severing all ties to her brother & Jodi (they now join the company of Kate's parents who she also doesn't talk to). Also, if anyone watches the show, you will notice that even Kate's closest friend is no longer on the show (I can't remember her name now, but she was the one that would travel with them all the time), for what some say are the same reasons as Aunt Jodi (this friend by the way was the one who supposedly wrote Kate's book, Multiple Blessings with her).

Here's a link to the site that Jodi's sister has her blogs up on, although the original blog is gone now explaining what went on between Jodi & Kate, all of her other blogs are there (archived). If anyone is interested, it's pretty good reading. She posts under the name The Truth Will Set You Free and indeed lets you know that she is Jodi's sister.

http://truthbreedshatred.blogspot.com/

Here is a clip of Aunt Jodi confirming that the blog was true and that The Truth Will Set You Free is in fact her sister.

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/2008/08/23/jon-and-kate-plus-eight-gets-nasty-aunt-jodi-tells-her-side/

Apparently, all of this went down last Summer. Anyway, I think it's a complete shame that it has all come to this. Although I don't begrudge them the fame/fortune that has come their way, to me it no longer is reality, for me it's how a couple who had 8 children made a fortune off of their story and ultimately their kids. I do know that the cameras are no longer allowed in the children's room, for which I say thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35352
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 6:48 pm

Thanks Jack'd. I had actually read that too. My daughter pointed it out to me.
One thing I noticed... poor Maddie. I think she needs therapy. Seems like she is always unhappy.

Also there is the site listed in the article called gosslingswithoutpity
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 7:10 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
One thing I noticed... poor Maddie. I think she needs therapy. Seems like she is always unhappy.

Yep Nancy I completely agree about Maddie, the girl has issues and I hope they are getting her the help she needs. I also read the gosslingswithoutpity site, this is so funny cause I thought I was the only one reading up on this junk LOL.

I say junk, but in all honesty, I take this very seriously, I really feel for these kids, they are older now and very much aware of their surroundings and what's happening. To have to go places with bodyguards and have cameras in your face day in and day out, I can only hope that they don't end up like so many of the childhood stars from the past. I know that if Paul Petersen had his way, the show would be yanked, there are articles all over the web of him speaking out.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 7:17 pm

So sad. I wonder if Kate and/or Jon or even TLC will ever address any of this.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 7:25 pm

I have watched the show but Kate has always made me a bit uncomfortable. I really don't like her meltdowns. Interestly, Mady grabs at my heart too.

I used to watch mostly because the kids were adorable but as it became more commercial (one trip after another as "product" placement), I grew less interested.

I do have a question though: Is Paul Petersen trying to get all family based reality shows yanked or just Jon and Kate Plus 8? I have watched the show about the Duggars and that seems every bit as exploitative of their kids. And there seems to be more and more shows that feature kids living their lives.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 7:30 pm

Mappy wrote:
So sad. I wonder if Kate and/or Jon or even TLC will ever address any of this.

This is TLC's response:

Quote :
In a statement to CNN, TLC said:

"Because of the show, the kids and the family have economic security and the luxury of a mom who can stay at home and raise them."

http://gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/2008/10/gwop-responds-to-tlcs-official.html

Number of posts : 16269

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 7:36 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:

I watch this show every week and have for a long time. The article was very eye opening. I agree about Mady, she seems very angry most of the time. Kind of sad how this is coming to light. I had no idea there was so much controversy as I just watch the show,however I have often said to my husband, WOW all of a sudden (in the last couple of seasons) I see alot of changes, especially in Kate her mannorisms, attitude etc. I remember watching one when they were in NY Jon had the kids and Kate had an interview (without the rest of the family) he said something along the lines of Kate has to promote her book, she corrected him quickly and said OUR book. That said alot to me.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 7:48 pm

jfan wrote:
I have watched the show but Kate has always made me a bit uncomfortable. I really don't like her meltdowns. Interestly, Mady grabs at my heart too.

I used to watch mostly because the kids were adorable but as it became more commercial (one trip after another as "product" placement), I grew less interested.

I do have a question though: Is Paul Petersen trying to get all family based reality shows yanked or just Jon and Kate Plus 8? I have watched the show about the Duggars and that seems every bit as exploitative of their kids. And there seems to be more and more shows that feature kids living their lives.

Jfan, Paul is the President of A Minor Consideration http://www.minorcon.org/
I've only heard/read him speaking out on Jon & Kate though. I'll go look to see if there's anything about the Duggars.

P.S. Kate has always made me a "lot" uncomfortable. BTW, I saw those articles you posted, thank you. I don't think that's Jon though, it looks like him, but then it doesn't if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Fanelle

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 8:41 pm

Oh my! This thread's gonna get me out of lurkdom, lol. Thank you Jack'd for already explaining why I have trouble with Jon & Kate (I adore the kids, especially the boys who mostly get ignored by their mother).

"Gosselinswithoutpity" is my new guilty pleasure reading, lol. I couldn't believe there were so many who felt the way I did. I've agreed with everything said about Octomom but I don't see why Kate still gets hailed as supermom by the media when she's built her whole life around the same things Octomom gets blasted for.

I don't begrudge them having the good life thanks to their show. But what I do hate are all the lies and intentional deception. They still speak at churches 2-3 times a month pleading poverty and accepting offerings (in addition to their upfront speaking fee and any money from book sales or autographs from that event). I wonder if the church goers putting money in the offering plates know they live in a 1.3 mill mansion complete with FREE appliances and furniture, get FREE clothing and haircuts, FREE catered meals, FREE vacations to Hawaii and on and on. I just think it's disgraceful in this economy for them to take money from folks who don't have nearly as much as they do and in CHURCH!!

But I really hurt for those kids. If you see the recent episodes, Kate has totally checked out and can barely show any interest in her kids. Jon (and a full-time nanny) take care of the kids while Kate's away plugging her books, speaking at churches and womens shows, and being a spokeswoman for all the companies that give them free stuff. She's over being a Mom. She's rich and famous now. But it's hurting the ones who made her rich and famous.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 9:09 pm

jfan wrote:
I have watched the show about the Duggars and that seems every bit as exploitative of their kids.

I have said before at the chagrin of my friends that I believe the Duggars are very hypocritical. They won't allow their children to watch television yet they exploit their every move on television. I don't understand although I do think they are a charming family.

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 9:12 pm

Fanelle wrote:
Oh my! This thread's gonna get me out of lurkdom, lol. Thank you Jack'd for already explaining why I have trouble with Jon & Kate (I adore the kids, especially the boys who mostly get ignored by their mother).

You're welcome Fannelle, I hope you post more!

"Gosselinswithoutpity" is my new guilty pleasure reading, lol. I couldn't believe there were so many who felt the way I did. I've agreed with everything said about Octomom but I don't see why Kate still gets hailed as supermom by the media when she's built her whole life around the same things Octomom gets blasted for.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying here, but I do believe there is a big difference. Kate was artificially inseminated, she did not have IVF and purposely implant 8 fertilized eggs in her. She also had a husband, both had jobs, they were very responsible and didn't even have parents to lean on, so I don't know but IMO there is a big difference between them.

I don't begrudge them having the good life thanks to their show. But what I do hate are all the lies and intentional deception. They still speak at churches 2-3 times a month pleading poverty and accepting offerings (in addition to their upfront speaking fee and any money from book sales or autographs from that event). I wonder if the church goers putting money in the offering plates know they live in a 1.3 mill mansion complete with FREE appliances and furniture, get FREE clothing and haircuts, FREE catered meals, FREE vacations to Hawaii and on and on. I just think it's disgraceful in this economy for them to take money from folks who don't have nearly as much as they do and in CHURCH!!

As I said, I don't begrudge them either, the only ones my heart goes out to are those children. I didn't know they accept money from the Church goers or cry poverty to them, surely those people must have seen the show. Fanelle, do you know this as fact or are just reading this from gosselinswithoutpity. I'm just curious how you know that about the church because if that were true that would make my blood pressure shoot up a few more points lol. I should state that I also don't know if the links I've sent over are fact but if I had to place a bet, my money would be on Aunt Jodi's version of events. I do believe, however, about all the other perks, Kate has herself talked about a lot of them on the show.

But I really hurt for those kids. If you see the recent episodes, Kate has totally checked out and can barely show any interest in her kids. Jon (and a full-time nanny) take care of the kids while Kate's away plugging her books, speaking at churches and womens shows, and being a spokeswoman for all the companies that give them free stuff. She's over being a Mom. She's rich and famous now. But it's hurting the ones who made her rich and famous.

The latest episode with the purchase of the dogs had me shaking my head. I wonder if production has to take them home with them when they leave for the day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 9:16 pm

Tiger wrote:
jfan wrote:
I have watched the show about the Duggars and that seems every bit as exploitative of their kids.

I have said before at the chagrin of my friends that I believe the Duggars are very hypocritical. They won't allow their children to watch television yet they exploit their every move on television. I don't understand although I do think they are a charming family.

LOL, me too Tiger although there are times I want to smack Michelle upside her head and don't get me started on her horn dog of a husband, I wish she would tell him to snip it already Very Happy They too had their house paid for and are going on all these trips now. I wish I could have seen them in NY, that would have been a hoot to see in person. I just find them harmless for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 11th 2009, 9:28 pm

Jack'd wrote:
LOL, me too Tiger although there are times I want to smack Michelle upside her head and don't get me started on her horn dog of a husband, I wish she would tell him to snip it already Very Happy

That is if she knows what causes pregnancy...hint hint Michelle, it is not in the water.

They always brag about thrift store shopping. (I forget their letting saying for saving money.) Yet, I find it hard to believe they could all find the same exact shirts in all the various sizes that I have seen them wear in their latest interviews and escapades - ex. their trip to NYC.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 12th 2009, 2:54 am

I need to go back and read this thread, but . . .

I caught the tail end of a brief CNN story last night, and they were speculating that Jon may be getting a divorce (seeking a divorce?) or something like that. I was shocked when I saw which Jon they were referring to. I caught the show once, not too long ago, but my daughter watches, and I was surprised to hear that things were bad between Jon and Kate.

Now, back to read the thread and the linked articles . . .

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 12th 2009, 8:22 am

inkydinkydoo wrote:

I caught the tail end of a brief CNN story last night, and they were speculating that Jon may be getting a divorce (seeking a divorce?) or something like that. I was shocked when I saw which Jon they were referring to. I caught the show once, not too long ago, but my daughter watches, and I was surprised to hear that things were bad between Jon and Kate.

I haven't heard that Inky, thats interesting. Anyone have a link to the CNN story? I would be interested in seeing it.
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 12th 2009, 8:31 am

Sydney2 wrote:
inkydinkydoo wrote:

I haven't heard that Inky, thats interesting. Anyone have a link to the CNN story? I would be interested in seeing it.

I heard on ET last night that Jon said it wasn't true...who knows?? lol!

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
♥ www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy ♥
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
Sydney2

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 12th 2009, 8:36 am

MyScott95 wrote:
Sydney2 wrote:
inkydinkydoo wrote:

I heard on ET last night that Jon said it wasn't true...who knows?? lol!

Thanks MyScott, I guess ET and CNN should compare notes LOL. It makes me wonder though what is going on behind the scenes.
Back to top Go down
Fanelle

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 12th 2009, 9:46 am

Hi Jack'd~

I read most of my info from links at GWOP and postings from folks who were at the churches. But I actually first read about the offerings on Larry King's message board on the CNN site. Kate had appeared on Larry King to discuss Octomom and there were alot of angry messages about them scamming money and freebies even before the kids were born. I was very surprised at the level of anger and then realized many of them were from PA and know alot more about the Gosselins than I do. Many dropped links from local papers and they're pretty disliked back home. One paper quoted Kate as saying that since society allows fertility procedures that lead to multiples then society should pay for them.

I've read article after article with my jaw open at how they got this or that free and not only don't appreciate it but will belittle it and expect more. The thing that strikes me is NO friends or family members ever come out to deny the stories and stick up for J & K. Only fans of the show defend them. I've never seen any family member or friend of Kate's defend her and say it's not true. She has 3 or 4 sisters...where are they? Why didn't they counter Aunt Jodi's blog?

I compared Kate to Octomom because I think alot of the stuff Octomom gets criticized for (getting a publicist, wanting a reality show, using the babies for fame and money, expecting freebies, etc) is exactly what Kate did but the media sees Kate as a supermom while blasting Nadya. Everything Nadya expected to get out of those babies, J & K got. I think they're all shameful. Children are blessing from God, not tickets to fame and fortune. The Gosselin children are the breadwinners for Mom and Dad and I doubt the money and perks will still be around for the kids to enjoy when they're adults.

I've heard the rumors about their marriage too. I don't know if true but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Kate travels alot now and Jon has a condo in Utah. They act like they can barely stand to be in the same room anymore.
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 12th 2009, 4:38 pm

Thanks Nancy and Jack'd.

I had no idea all this was going on.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 12th 2009, 4:49 pm

Buxom wrote:
Thanks Nancy and Jack'd.

I had no idea all this was going on.

Neither did I Buxom, I did a little googling today and WOW, there is alot of behind the scene stuff. Its sad. I watched a video of Aunt Jodi thanking everyone for their e-mails, messages and notes of support. She was teary saying this has been incredibly difficult.

I wonder what happened to Beth, I didn't see anything about her.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 12th 2009, 8:46 pm

As I was waiting in line at the grocery store this evening, I saw that the STAR magazine has a headline that says...Jon and Kate Scandal: His Nights with Coeds!
I've watched a few of their shows and just think those kids are adorable! Kate seems a little too intense...always on Jon about one thing or another. It's the kids I feel the worst for if the stories that have been posted are true.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 13th 2009, 4:40 am

All these stories are so bizarre.
I love watching this show because of the adorable children.

The other night I was watching it in bed and they were all on a vacation and Kate said something that creeped me out.
They were taking all the kids on a day trip and Mady wasn't with them so Kate explained that she was acting up so they left her behind because "she didn't want Mady to spread her ugliness"....what the heck????
Do Moms really say that? I know kids can act up and get in trouble but would a mom really refer to her child's tantrums as "her ugliness".
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 13th 2009, 1:30 pm

Wildebeest wrote:

The other night I was watching it in bed and they were all on a vacation and Kate said something that creeped me out.
They were taking all the kids on a day trip and Mady wasn't with them so Kate explained that she was acting up so they left her behind because "she didn't want Mady to spread her ugliness"....what the heck????
Do Moms really say that? I know kids can act up and get in trouble but would a mom really refer to her child's tantrums as "her ugliness".

My mom used to say to me "you're acting ugly"... maybe it's a southern phrase?
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25132

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 13th 2009, 2:00 pm

I watched this show for the first time last night. I had recorded a couple of episodes since you guys have talked about it a lot. I saw the Hawaii trip and the getting 2 new puppies episodes. First impression, Kate seems VERY controlling, wouldn't even let the kids name the puppies. To me, that was sad. Husband seemed not to happy with her during both episodes.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 13th 2009, 2:21 pm

If you think Kate was controlling in those episodes, you have only seen the tip of the iceberg. There have been many appalling Kate moments but,as I read somewhere, that may be part of the appeal of the show to some folks.

Kate flips out a lot even on the show which leads me to believe the behind the scenes accounts of her behavior. Two very memorable incidents stand out in my mind:

1) they took the kids to Disneyworld when the sextuplets were 3 (so the twins were 6/7) and at some point the kids wanted a snack. They got ice cream and one of the little girls spilled some vanilla ice cream on her shirt. Kate started screaming "She's ruined, she's ruined." She totally flipped out because the little one had some ice cream on her and they didn't have a change of clothes handy (of course, if Kate had changed one, she would have had to change them all because the kids are always dressed in amtching outfits). Then Kate is screaming at Jon and the kids start to get upset because they are not allowed to hold the ice cream anymore.

2) another time they were in Toys R US with all the kids. They were both in the front of store at the checkout counters though Jon was several checkers away from Kate. She started screaming at her husband to "get over here and stop playing with toys.' Everyone was looking at her. When they were loading the car, Jon told Kate, she made him feel like a dog.

Last edited by jfan on March 13th 2009, 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25132

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 13th 2009, 2:29 pm

Thanks Jfan, I might have to watch a few more episodes. Amazes me how people can live their lives in a fishbowl, but I sure like watching the fishies swimming around!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 13th 2009, 2:43 pm

Thanks Jfan, I was just catching up on this thread and was about to post the Toy R Us incident when you beat me to it. Wasn't that something? and the slaps she gives him across his face that she calls love taps, unbelievable.

I was at the check out of the grocery store today waiting on Mom to finish shopping and I was catching up on all the dirt. One of the mags had that Jon & Kate were back together, that Jon had come home after staying with his Mom to help her while she recoved from either knee or hip replacement surgery (I can't remember now which it was) and that's how he was able to go out on the town and party with the co-eds. What I don't understand is that Jon's Mom lives in Hawaii so what the heck was she doing in PA? I know he also has a step father too so why wasn't he taking care of his wife, the whole thing is screwy to me.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 13th 2009, 4:11 pm

Moody wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:

My mom used to say to me "you're acting ugly"... maybe it's a southern phrase?

I've heard people use the phrase, "God, don't like ugly". I love it. I think it's a southern or African American expression. I always want to be given the opportunity to use it.
Back to top Go down
Fanelle

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 13th 2009, 9:10 pm

Jfan gave some great examples of Kate's meltdowns, but there are a couple others that broke my heart. One, when Jon and Kate left for LA for Jon's FREE hairplugs when ALL their kids were sick with flu. Good ole Aunt Jodi had 12 kids (4 her own) and 9 of them had flu. Can you imagine leaving your 8 sick children for 3 days for something trivial like hair plugs? Another time, Joel got sick and vomited on his comforter. Kate complains of the extra laundry in front of him and lays him on the laundry room floor so he won't "ruin" anything else. When Jon checks in on him, he's burning up, but do they pick him up and comfort him? Nope, leave him alone on the floor and close the door. Another, when Aunt Jodi gave the kids some gum at her house. Some got on Joel's sock and some on Collins teddybear. Kate went ballistic when she saw the gum! Yanked Joel's sock off angrily and told Collin she was throwing away his teddybear. Poor Collin was crying hysterically while Kate screamed...even Mady stepped in for that one. The theory as to why Kate goes ballistic over ice-cream or gum getting on their clothes is because she sells all their clothing at a consignment store once they're done with it. If it's "ruined" she won't get as much for them. This is clothing that GAP and Gymboree give them FREE. J & K originally said they'd give all the donated clothing and baby items to other families with multiples once they didn't need it.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 14th 2009, 8:20 am

It is hard to know how much is speculation regarding things like Kate selling the clothes at a consignment shop. I know that had a huge sale on one episode and donated the money to a charity. Personally, I just think she is anal and can't stand to have anything out of order. God forbid one of her kids is a little messy.

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 14th 2009, 9:05 am

jfan wrote:
It is hard to know how much is speculation regarding things like Kate selling the clothes at a consignment shop. I know that had a huge sale on one episode and donated the money to a charity. Personally, I just think she is anal and can't stand to have anything out of order. God forbid one of her kids is a little messy.

That's my take on it, too, jfan. Seems she's almost manic about being the perfect mom, with the perfect children and the perfect husband, etc. Guess having cameras in your face 24/7 and exposing yourself to any and all criticism would do that to a person. I feel she's totally lost focus on the original reasons for doing the show, whatever that was. he's fallen into the Bree Van DeCamp/Martha syndrome.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   March 18th 2009, 12:58 pm

Has anyone seen the new promo for the upcoming show on Mon or Tues?? Sounds like they (Jon and Kate) may address some of the rumors. If not its a ploy to keep people watching and they reveal nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John and Kate plus 8   

Back to top Go down

John and Kate plus 8
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: