AuthorMessage
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 3:37 pm

MyScott95 wrote:
I think she proved she could dance last night and hope that gets her far unlike some who just get the votes who can't dance and good dancers are eliminated. As long as she dances well I'm giving her a chance and ignoring the Bachelor stuff for now...

And lets not forget that Melissa may be getting lots of praise here, there are a few other boards according to what I've read, that are ripping her apart and won't be voting for her. I think it all evens out and the best dancer will win in the end.
Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 3:40 pm

jfan wrote:
I guess is too much to ask that just feel like a dance competition. It is kind of a shame that all the other dancers - no matter how good - are going to be overshadowed all season so that ABC can extend its "Monday night reality show "story" from one series to another."

I've watched DWTS from the first season. It's never been a true dance competition, jfan. It's always been about popularity. Every season there is someone who is popular, can't dance a lick, ends up in the final five or so. Ultimately, when it comes down to the final two or three, the best dancer usually wins. The judges scores hold more weight because they are consistent. Fans are hit or miss depending on their schedule and mood lol

I wouldn't give up watching because Melissa is on the show. I believe that any and all mention of The Bachelor will fall by the wayside as the show progresses. It's served it's purpose. It drew in viewers but now it's up to the dancers to keep the audience. The judges will come down just as hard on Melissa as they do the others if they are unprepared or do not perform well. I love Melissa but my votes will be cast for the best dancer. That's how I am.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35460
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 3:43 pm

Mrs C wrote:
jfan wrote:
I guess is too much to ask that just feel like a dance competition. It is kind of a shame that all the other dancers - no matter how good - are going to be overshadowed all season so that ABC can extend its "Monday night reality show "story" from one series to another."

The same came be said for Holly Madison who was on Girls Next Door, also a reality show. She left Heff and now she's on DWTS.

IMO, when you come on DWTS its not about what you did before you got there, it's what you can do on the dance floor. Sure, most of the participants have some sort of fan base, so in the beginning they may get votes from those fans. I'm sure the gymnasts are happy that Shawn is there and will vote for her. The football fans are happy that LT is there and will vote for him. In Melissa's case, the Bachelor fans are happy for her and may vote for her. I personally was going to root for Jewel, but, oh well. All these people will bring new viewers to the show as well, so Bachelor fans are just a small percentage of that group of new viewers. In the end, usually the best dancer usually wins not because they had fans in the beginning, but because they danced their butts up and more and more people recognize their talent.

Usually, but Mario was robbed!! I did watch the final two or three of that season. He was far superior in my not so humble opinion. dance
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 3:47 pm

I have watched every season because I love the dancing as well. This season Woz doesn't look like he can dance a lick but from what I have read computer geeks are lining up to vote for him. Dial Idol votes seem to comfirm that. Football fans love their big guys dancing also (although they are often very good). I bet their team mates vote up a storm. Cloris Leachman drove me crazy but enough people kept her in that I was afraid she would stay too long. Voting shows need the variety to draw in viewers. I think it's great that DWTS was able to find two people to step in quickly because that would be hard to do.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 3:51 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Mrs C wrote:
jfan wrote:

The same came be said for Holly Madison who was on Girls Next Door, also a reality show. She left Heff and now she's on DWTS.

IMO, when you come on DWTS its not about what you did before you got there, it's what you can do on the dance floor. Sure, most of the participants have some sort of fan base, so in the beginning they may get votes from those fans. I'm sure the gymnasts are happy that Shawn is there and will vote for her. The football fans are happy that LT is there and will vote for him. In Melissa's case, the Bachelor fans are happy for her and may vote for her. I personally was going to root for Jewel, but, oh well. All these people will bring new viewers to the show as well, so Bachelor fans are just a small percentage of that group of new viewers. In the end, usually the best dancer usually wins not because they had fans in the beginning, but because they danced their butts up and more and more people recognize their talent.

Usually, but Mario was robbed!! I did watch the final two or three of that season. He was far superior in my not so humble opinion. dance

Mario and those dimples hot for you
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 4:09 pm

Everyone looks for different things. My husband who does not watch the show with any regularity said he was renaming our little yorkie "Edyta" and from now on will be calling her "Ed". He said it was because because our puppy is light on her feet (but I highly doubt he was watching Edyta's feet). I'm going to be keeping my eyes on him. happy dance

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 4:17 pm

I am going to be really pissed if Belinda Carlisle or David Alan Grier goes out the first week. They are two of my favorites, just because, and they are definitely not the two worst dancers. The cowboy no one has ever heard of should go...dull as dirt and a terrible dancer with NO potential. Evil or Very Mad I'm on both sides of the dancing/entertainment debate, but this first week should be easy.
Back to top Go down
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 4:20 pm

Moody wrote:

SHAWN JOHNSON, MARK BALLAS

Loved her last night. I can't wait to see what they bring to the dance floor next week. dance
Back to top Go down
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 4:25 pm

Moody wrote:

CHERYL BURKE, GILLES MARINI

Another favorite around AABB. Very good dancer and sexy!

He sure is. dancing banana

Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 4:39 pm

jfan wrote:

It was never a dance competition. It is all about the dancers fan base.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16352

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 5:11 pm

Moody wrote:

SHAWN JOHNSON, MARK BALLAS

Another favorite of many at AABB. I though she was a cutie, but by hubby kept talking about how big her shoulders were and was distracting me. Of course, she is a gymnast!

Oh thanks for these pictures Moody. I really like Shawn, probably because my daughter and I watched her and Nastia work their butts off last summer competing, she is very freash in my mind. I also think she is cute and a darn great gymnast. Hopefully some of those skills she can carry over to the show. I also thought Melissa did well last night. I think I need to get to know them all a little bit better before choosing my hopeful to the end. Gosh I wish I could dance a small fraction of what all the couples did last night, I thought it was a good start to the season.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 5:35 pm

I found Denise Richard's performance to be very disturbing. She seems like a very emotionally fragile woman, and I don't think she can handle this competition. She looked very pretty though.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17284

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 5:46 pm

Thanks for all the links everyone, I can't wait to catch up. I've been without the Internet since Sat and have been going crazy. Sunday morning I was at a baby shower and my cousin's blackberry beeped with breaking news lol. She looked at me and said "you'll be thrilled, Melissa is going to be on DWTS". Yes, I'm thrilled for her and for myself that I get to see her so happy and having a great time. I haven't beeing watching the past couple of seasons, it was boring me there for a while, but I will watch this season and I may even have to vote for the first time ever!

Go MEL!!!! ballerina
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17284

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 5:48 pm

Moody wrote:
I found Denise Richard's performance to be very disturbing. She seems like a very emotionally fragile woman, and I don't think she can handle this competition. She looked very pretty though.

Mood, I think she was scared shitless. Have you ever watched her reality show? She has a mouth like a truck driver LOL. I think she looked pretty too.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:04 pm

Welcome back to the land of Cyber, jack'd! What a horrible thing to happen! Exciting about Mel, isn't it?!

Moody, thanks for bringing all those photos over. Watching them perform and then seeing the still shots brings everything to focus. Good grief how can anyone be that limber?!
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:09 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Mrs C wrote:
jfan wrote:

Yes, he was! Plus it amuses me that he went home with a We-Vibe that he received at the Oscars "Gifting Room."
Back to top Go down
Dot-Calm

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:35 pm

Usually the show is 2 night a week isn't it? Only once this week so everyone gets at least 2 weeks?
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:39 pm

Extra did a story on DWTS and they noticed Melissa's ring too, but they have no info on it right now. Maybe they'll get the scoop.

I sort of feel uncomfortable posting that here with all the hoopla over her, but it was a DWTS interview so that it why I posted it in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:40 pm

Dot-Calm wrote:
Usually the show is 2 night a week isn't it? Only once this week so everyone gets at least 2 weeks?

That's what I understand Dot.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:42 pm

Mrs C wrote:
Extra did a story on DWTS and they noticed Melissa's ring too, but they have no info on it right now. Maybe they'll get the scoop.

I sort of feel uncomfortable posting that here with all the hoopla over her, but it was a DWTS interview so that it why I posted it in this thread.

What ring?
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:43 pm

It was a great premier!!!!
I think they are all very, very brave for doing a dance competition without any dance in their background.
I liked watching them ALL last night...it was a good group of contestants.
But if I had to pick the four best I would say Gilles, Melissa, Shawn and Lil Kim...I think those four will go far in the competition (if it is all based on dance technique).

I hope the Jackass guy stays for a little while because I think he is going to bring a lot of laughs to the show and because I adore Lacey and love watching her dance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:43 pm

Moody wrote:
Mrs C wrote:

What ring?

She has a ring on her engagement finger. Others here were posting about it earlier and Extra noticed it too.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:47 pm

Bump

realitycarol wrote:
Did anyone else notice the ring on Melissa's left hand, ring finger....Just decoration or ????
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:49 pm

Here ya go Moody. Ryan posted this just for you and me Very Happy

Getting close to go live...Elizabeth Hasselbeck is here! Look for her on cam - ryan 3 minutes ago
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 7:49 pm

Moody wrote:
Mrs C wrote:

What ring?

Moody, Have you solved this mystery yet?

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 7:53 pm

Tiger wrote:
Moody wrote:
Mrs C wrote:

What ring?

We need to find RealityCarol. She started this yesterday LOL
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 8:02 pm

You can see the ring in this picture dancing banana

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 8:17 pm

Good find Mrs. C. Hope she has it on her left hand because she has her pinky ring on her right hand.
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 8:22 pm

Thanks for the pic Mrs C
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 8:30 pm

Buxom wrote:
Thanks for the pic Mrs C

Melissa and Tony are very photogenic aren't they? Buxom, I like your new avatar.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 8:45 pm

Does Melissa remind anyone else of Eva Longoria Parker (Desparate Housewives fame)?? Melissa's a very beautiful girl and quite talented. ballerina
Also in the resemblance department...Shawn reminds me of Sabrina(the Cheetah girl)the season she was paired with Mark.
I love the rodeo guy! I thought he was absolutely adorable and very genuine. I hope he sticks around awhile.
Football fans are very dedicated to their favorite dancers/athletes!!
Oh well, those things were on my mind this evening.
Back to top Go down
luvmykitties
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 9:08 pm

I'm pretty sure on JU last night there were some that were saying it was a birthstone ring - not an engagement ring.

How they knew this - I have no idea. I didn't really notice who was posting about it.

Has anyone checked FORT or wherever Melissa's friends post? (I'm sure this is a dumb question as the super slueths here are good. clap )

I *personally* never have worn any kind of ring on my left hand ring finger. (unless I was engaged or married of course) I always felt that that finger was reserved. Wink

ETA - here is the link that I read it:
http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=TheBachelor&Number=10979913&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&rc=
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 9:39 pm

If Melissa's birthday is March, she is Pisces. Aquamarine is the birthstone. My middle girliecutie is March and aquamarine can look almost colorless.
Back to top Go down
realitycarol
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 10:04 pm

Mappy wrote:
Tiger wrote:
Moody wrote:
Mrs C wrote:

What ring?

LOL Mappy, I did post that last night and when no one else replied, I didn't want it to look like I was stir the pot ....so I retreated back to my comfort zone-Lurkerville! whistle

All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 10:06 pm

realitycarol wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Tiger wrote:
Moody wrote:
Mrs C wrote:

What ring?

LOL Mappy, I did post that last night and when no one else replied, I didn't want it to look like I was stir the pot ....so I retreated back to my comfort zone-Lurkerville! whistle

Sorry, I guess we were all jumping on the band wagon. dancing banana

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 10:07 pm

realitycarol wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Tiger wrote:
Moody wrote:
Mrs C wrote:

What ring?

Nope, no Lurkerville for you missie! Your post/question full on, in your face, stir the pot .

That means you've outted yourself woo hoo 2
Back to top Go down
realitycarol
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 10:13 pm

Y'all make me LOL! dance

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 11th 2009, 6:35 am

It looks to me like Mel and tony are wearing matching rings...... but is tony married?

I say it means nothing.

I adored Shawn's dancing. And Mark is one of my favorite Pros along with Derek and of MAkssssssssssssss(hot)

I also adore Cheryl and Julianne as the women.
Edyta is a great dancer as well. The best thing that I love about this show is watching these pros and knowing that they Choreographed the dance, in about 1-2 days. They get the music for the next week the night the show ends, work that night and the next day choreographing, and then they teach their partner. I love watching the amazing progress the contestants go thru as the show moves along... I have always thought it was a tough show for a women to win because the professional women always seem to carry their male partners and a women contestant has to compete with the professional.

I cant wait for next week.

(please ABC, lay off the Jason ragging. I wish he would fade into the sunset)
Back to top Go down
http://Www.kmundtinteriors.com
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35460
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 11th 2009, 7:04 am

Kimmie wrote:
It looks to me like Mel and tony are wearing matching rings...... but is tony married?

I say it means nothing.

I adored Shawn's dancing. And Mark is one of my favorite Pros along with Derek and of MAkssssssssssssss(hot)

I also adore Cheryl and Julianne as the women.
Edyta is a great dancer as well. The best thing that I love about this show is watching these pros and knowing that they Choreographed the dance, in about 1-2 days. They get the music for the next week the night the show ends, work that night and the next day choreographing, and then they teach their partner. I love watching the amazing progress the contestants go thru as the show moves along... I have always thought it was a tough show for a women to win because the professional women always seem to carry their male partners and a women contestant has to compete with the professional.

I cant wait for next week.

(please ABC, lay off the Jason ragging. I wish he would fade into the sunset)

Yeah, Tony is married. has 3 kids. He ( and his wife) just had twins last Sept.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 11th 2009, 8:04 am

From E! online

Bachelor Jason Can't Dump This: Dancing With the Stars' Record Premiere

Monday TV's Big Loser: Jason Mesnick. While the Bachelor was continuing the apology tour, the dumpee, Melissa Rycroft, was waltzing through the most-watched season premiere of Dancing With the Stars (22.5 million viewers, per preliminary Nielsen data).

Coincidence? Dancing viewership peaked in the two-hour show's final 30 minutes, when about 24 million finally got to see Rycroft strut her stuff with partner Tony Dovolani.

The Melissa Effect, Part 1: Up against Dancing in the 8 o'clock hour, Big Bang Theory (9.5 million) and How I Met Your Mother (8.5 million) were solid, but down from last week. Chuck (5.7 million) was toast. House (12.1 million) was alone in improving upon its season average.

The Melissa Effect, Part 2: At 9 p.m., Two and a Half Men (13.3 million) and Rules of Engagement (10 million) held well, even as they slipped. 24 (11.3 million) was up a tick over last week's two-hour special. And Heroes…well…

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b103634_bachelor_jason_cant_dump_this_dancing.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   

Back to top Go down

DWTS Media
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: