AuthorMessage
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14894
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 5th 2009, 9:22 pm

flowerpower wrote:
Ugh, the talk is starting up at other places to vote for Ty, just so Melissa doesn't win, and they are saying it's war, so so silly. People can vote how they want to vote, DWTS is a fan show, the judges are there to do their thing, but in the end, it's the fans that decide.

I cannot believe the hatred and backlash towards Melissa, makes me sick.
I don't go to other forums so I'm unaware of any hate towards her. I guess I'm going to have to vote like a crazy woman next week.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 5th 2009, 9:23 pm

catty wrote:
flowerpower wrote:
Ugh, the talk is starting up at other places to vote for Ty, just so Melissa doesn't win, and they are saying it's war, so so silly. People can vote how they want to vote, DWTS is a fan show, the judges are there to do their thing, but in the end, it's the fans that decide.

I cannot believe the hatred and backlash towards Melissa, makes me sick.
I don't go to other forums so I'm unaware of any hate towards her. I guess I'm going to have to vote like a crazy woman next week.

I was just reading too Flower, I'm getting so fricking irritated. But I need to stop like Granny told me, just read here. I'm gonna be voting like a madwoman next week. ITS ONNNNNNN!
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 5th 2009, 9:27 pm

I like to get irritated once in a while. Keeps the old blood pumping! Now I have to check and see if ev1 who says they are DUN with the season watches next week! demon banana
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 5th 2009, 9:29 pm

flowerpower wrote:
I like to get irritated once in a while. Keeps the old blood pumping! Now I have to check and see if ev1 who says they are DUN with the season watches next week! demon banana

demon banana
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 6th 2009, 6:33 pm

DWTS' Melissa Rycroft: I'll Miss "Everything" About Lil' Kim
Wednesday May 6, 2009

Frontrunner Melissa Rycroft can't believe Lil' Kim got the boot on Tuesday's Dancing With the Stars.
What will she miss most?
"Everything!" she told Usmagazine.com after the show. "She is so sweet, and [the show] brought out a side of her for fans to see that they didn't know. I didn't know how sweet she would be. She had something genuine about her that just made me smile."

Kim said she feels "okay" about leaving. (She had earned the second-lowest score -- 52 points out of 60 -- for her waltz and salsa this week. Viewer votes ended up sending her home.)
"I would love to still be here - who wouldn't want to be going
to the finals to win?" she told Us. "But at the same time, I still have my other life, and I can go back to the studio and start recording and do all the things I need to do. There are mixed emotions."

Her partner Derek Hough said he liked dancing with Kim the best.
"Don't tell anybody - but she's my all time favorite partner!" he told Us.

(the best part of this article is that he called Melissa "frontrunner" tens )
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 6th 2009, 6:47 pm

Lacey - sitting on my couch,migrain, liptons noodle soup, sweet hawaiian bread, w/ i cant belive its not butter! get me outa here HATE YOU TWITTER<3
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 6th 2009, 6:48 pm

What is Laceys twitter link Mappy?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 6th 2009, 6:50 pm

Buxom wrote:
What is Laceys twitter link Mappy?

Thanks

http://twitter.com/LaceySchwimmer
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 6th 2009, 6:53 pm

This is Lacey's second season on the show but I have never seen her uncle in the audience.
He needs to go and support his niece!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 6th 2009, 6:56 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
This is Lacey's second season on the show but I have never seen her uncle in the audience.
lol!

David/Ross is her uncle? I didn't know that!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 6th 2009, 6:57 pm

Mappy wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:
lol!

David/Ross is her uncle? I didn't know that!

Yes, Mappy, and he lives in California so you would think he would go to one show.
Bad, bad uncle.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 6th 2009, 7:08 pm

I love Lacey Schwimmer!Smile)
i always wondered if her & David had a close relationship.

Wildebeest Steve-o:demise & rise is on right now.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 6th 2009, 7:27 pm

I always thought they were cousins, is he really her uncle?
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 6th 2009, 7:29 pm

Jack'd wrote:
I always thought they were cousins, is he really her uncle?

Oh wait yeah me too i thought they were cousins not her uncle.
ummmmm......
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 7th 2009, 8:09 am

Carrie Ann Inaba blogs 'DWTS,' week 9
May 6, 2009, 12:23 PM

WHAT A SHOCKER! LilíKim went home. The whole room collectively dropped their jaw when Tom Bergeron made the announcement. I am shocked by the outcome of the audienceís vote. However, I think we may be in for some surprises from here on out. Since we have such great competitors left in the game, and they are all sitting quite close to each other on the leader board, the audience vote is really going to come into play. We never know how the audience votes on our show and that keeps it interesting and never allows anyone to have a clear idea of how anyone is doing. I thought Lil' Kim would be one of the last performers standing. I donít think I was alone in that thought. But the show must go on.

AwwwÖ..but Iím still bummed she went home. In all honesty, I will be bummed every week from here on out.

The final four all have different strong points so itís going to be up to the dances they get, the order they perform in, and how they present every detail of the dances along with how they keep the voters voting for them. Shawn, Melissa and Gilles are all scoring really well -- Ty is not scoring quite as high as the rest of them, so he must be getting a huge audience vote. I can see why. He is certainly likable, making an honest attempt at improving each week -- and actually IS doing just that. But his finesse is not quite up to the standards of the other semi-finalists. I enjoy watching him perform and seeing the fruits of his labor on the dance floor. But no one would have predicted he would last longer than Lil' Kim. But -- for those Lil' Kim fans, she did a great job and really raised her public profile. This show gives celebrities a second shot at fame, it gives them a wonderful new start or a kick start at least to go in new directions with their careers. Lil' Kim came across so lovely on our show. I certainly felt that I got to see a whole different side of Lil' Kim while she was on our show. I hope she gets many opportunities from this show. I know she will.

Everyone else did spectacular things on Mondayís show. We had Tyrese in the audience. He was booing Bruno all night. It was funny. He is the one who started the ďBOO BOO." The double BOO began with Tyrese. Heíd be a good contestant on our show. He seems to have a good sense of humor about him, and is quite playful. He was up and down all night. I think out of all the celebrities weíve had at the show, he had the most fun. He was yelling and booing and standing up and yelling things at us, and laughing and smiling. It was nice to see someone having such a great time. Tonight we had Omarosa in the house as well. She was quiet in the second row -- just watching how it all works.

Melissaís Samba was so much better than we expected it to be. She really found her grounded energy. She also didnít show any signs of her injury in that dance. It seemed that it might be bothering her Tuesday, though -- she wasnít as good in the encore as she was on MondayÖso maybe that rib is bothering her more that we know. It seemed like it might have hurt her in her Viennese Waltz. I wanted to say that last night but we ran out of time for me to say all that I wanted to say. I thought that she wasnít giving us the best shapes in her posture but I thought it might be because of her injury because without the support of the core, those dramatic ballroom postures are very difficult to hold. It is easier on the ribs to be straight up and down. I can understand but I have to judge what I see on the spot. Thankfully, the audience doesnít have to mark down for those things.

Gilles was quite incredible in his Foxtrot. It was a beautiful performance -- I was surprised that Len did not give him a 10. But to each his own. Len, Bruno, and I all see different things. That is what makes us such a well-balanced panel. People often ask why we are on the panel if we donít come from a formal ballroom background. Well, the answer is quite simple. This isnít a formal ballroom dance competition. This is a competition for the laymen, the non-professionals, so the show needs different opinions to keep the panel balanced. WE canít just judge these contestants on formal ballroom dance criteria. It would be boring. These people are not trying to become professional ballroom dancers. They are competing on a show called Dancing With The Stars. And now, our show has opened up the competition to include more styles of dances from various genres. Our different backgrounds allow for us to give different corrections to the performers and different commentary so that different viewpoints are represented. This helps the audience formulate their opinions. They agree, or disagree or yell at the tv. Wink Itís great. We want people to care about the people on the show. They are working so hardÖ

Which brings me back to Gilles. He did so well on the first number but his second performance, the Rumba, was a bit strange. Yes, it was sexy but it was over the top in my opinion. I think he wanted to do such a great job that he just pushed it over and lost his mojo for a moment. Iím sure heíll get it back. Some things donít need to be forced. Gilles sex appeal is one of those things. No force needed. It comes naturally for him.

Shawn was on fire. Itís too bad she and Mark did that break in the hold the way they did. But sometimes, the contestants like to push the boundaries. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnít. Her performances were top notch this week. She could have had some 10s in that first performanceÖ.but she did really well in that Paso. Iím so happy to see her dare to push the emotional side. At 17, it is not easy to tap into those things, but she did and she really pushed out a great performance. Actually, she did two great performances!

Ty was quite good in his Argentine Tango. There was a lot of content. Ty does not rest on his laurels. I admire that about him. He doesnít settle for doing ďweak dancerĒ choreography. Chelsie gives him difficult choreography and demands -- in a nice way -- that he deliver and he does. He seems to like the challenge and really takes it seriously. He has come so farÖThe Rumba was a bit stiff but it was better than I expected. He just has a difficult time sometimes with the finesse between the moves, and the subtleties of the facial expressions. I thought Chelsie's choreography at in the tango was great. When he had his hands in his pocket at the top of his first number, and when he performed his solo during his Rumba were both moments none of us will forget. The room went crazy. It was so adorable and heartwarming to see Ty Murray roll his hips for his wifeÖ.No -- it didnít score too many points with the judges, but I see it won the hearts of the viewers.

I want to point out that Tuesday night, we had a great performance. The two guest dancers that performed the Quickstep (Agnieszka Kazmierczak and Urs Geisenhainer) were a sight! They were so breathtakingly beautiful to watch, I had to bring it up. The performance by James Cullum was really special. I had never heard of him before last night. Iím not a huge Jazz fan but I will be buying his album later this week. Heís quite talented.

Well, my mom is in town so Iím going to wrap it up. We are doing the Revlon Run Walk this Saturday -- it was a year ago that she found the lump in her breast that led to a diagnosis of breast cancer for which she has undergone her treatments. We are taking part in the cause again -- we did it last year before her diagnosis -- and are looking forward to a nice Motherís Day Weekend. Iím grateful to have my mother in my life. She is a wonderful lady and an inspiration to me. Motherís Day is a day to celebrate not moms every where but to celebrate your own personal mother. That's why the apostrophe comes right after the r. Itís about your mother, and itís a day you should spend reflecting on that special relationship that is a mother and child. Your moms may not be here anymore or may be estranged, but it is because of them that we are even here. So this weekend -- I hope you will have a chance to express your love of your mother.

And thank you to all the people who bid on the auction. It closed at $12,500 and Iím looking forward to meeting the person who won the final bid! They will be at the finale of our show. Congratulations to you and see you soon! The money you donated will be going to The Andrea Rizzo Foundation to help with Dreaís Dream. We thank you for your kind generous support of this great cause. And I thank my mom for inspiring me to start to get involved in doing things that have deep value and meaning in the larger scope of things. To give back is like getting a special gift yourself...

Thank you for tuning in! Keep voting!!!!!!!

And I'll see you next week!

Same time, same place.

Carrie Ann

P.S. How cute was Len with his fake tattoo and gold chain in Dance Center?!

Go Len! Smile
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/carrie-ann-inab.html
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 7th 2009, 10:26 am

E Online

Derek Hough could be adding movie star to his resume.

The Dancing With the Stars pro confirms that he could be waltzing into the upcoming Footloose remake.
"I haven't auditioned, but I've met with the people," Hough told me yesterday.

As I've reported, Chace Crawford is the leading contender to star as Ren, the small-town dancing rebel played in the movie by Kevin Bacon.

Hough declined to say if he's up for Ren, but he certainly knows the part...

Mr. Hough originated the guy in the 2006 West End production of Footloose the Musical.

"Footloose is definitely really close to me," he said. "I would love to be a part of something like that."

Funny enough, Hough's sister, Julianne, is said to be a leading candidate to play Ren's love interest.

Unless the Footloose storyline takes a very creepy and disturbing turn, I think it's safe to say if either of the Hough siblings gets their starring role, the other will not.

"If the Footloose thing doesn't work out I'm still excited about whatever could come our way with the dancing, the singing and the acting," Hough said. "Like Hugh Jackman said at the Oscars, 'Musicals are back!'"

Hough also revealed that he and Mark Ballas may skip the next season of Dancing With the Stars in order to spend more time working with their band, Ballas Hough Band.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 7th 2009, 10:30 am

Morning! lacey day today.....massage, nails, groceries. twitter.....bleh
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 7th 2009, 11:32 am

adrixoxo wrote:

Adrix, I swear I am going senile. 👅
I wrote the time and day down on my desk pad and STILL didn't watch it...I watched America's Next Top Model and forgot about Steve-O. doh

As for Lacey, I don't know, doll.
When I watched her brother on SYTYCD there was an article that said he was related to David, then when Lacey was on the show an article mentioned that David was her cousin....then another article said she was the daughter of his oldest sibling....so who knows for sure?
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 7th 2009, 11:36 am

Mappy wrote:
E Online

The Dancing With the Stars pro confirms that he could be waltzing into the upcoming Footloose remake.

As I've reported, Chace Crawford is the leading contender to star as Ren, the small-town dancing rebel played in the movie by Kevin Bacon.

Mr. Hough originated the guy in the 2006 West End production of Footloose the Musical.

"Footloose is definitely really close to me," he said. "I would love to be a part of something like that."

Funny enough, Hough's sister, Julianne, is said to be a leading candidate to play Ren's love interest.

Unless the Footloose storyline takes a very creepy and disturbing turn, I think it's safe to say if either of the Hough siblings gets their starring role, the other will not.

"If the Footloose thing doesn't work out I'm still excited about whatever could come our way with the dancing, the singing and the acting," Hough said. "Like Hugh Jackman said at the Oscars, 'Musicals are back!'"

Hough also revealed that he and Mark Ballas may skip the next season of Dancing With the Stars in order to spend more time working with their band, Ballas Hough Band.

I would love him as Ren in Footloose! I was bummed when I heard Zac Efron decided to not be in Footloose. But Derek would be a good replacement for that---we know he can dance, but can he act?? I thought that they may go with Drew Seeley (Another Cinderella Story) or someone that is not well known quite yet
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 7th 2009, 12:40 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
adrixoxo wrote:

Adrix, I swear I am going senile. 👅
I wrote the time and day down on my desk pad and STILL didn't watch it...I watched America's Next Top Model and forgot about Steve-O. doh

As for Lacey, I don't know, doll.
When I watched her brother on SYTYCD there was an article that said he was related to David, then when Lacey was on the show an article mentioned that David was her cousin....then another article said she was the daughter of his oldest sibling....so who knows for sure?

haha, it's repeating on saturday i believe, i'm not sure what time though i'll double check.
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 7th 2009, 12:42 pm

Mappy wrote:
E Online

at first i was like noooooooo(about mark & derek taking the next season off) but then i'm like heyyyyy it's gives Lacey a better chance at winning.
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 8th 2009, 7:21 pm

ahhhhh soooo cute!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Butterfly73
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1204
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 12:32 pm

I missed Mel's first dance. Does anyone have it?

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 12:39 pm

Butterfly73 wrote:

Petite might be able to find the video of it, Butterfly.

Melissa was awesome and deserved tens ...but the judges were a tad hard on her last night.

I am thinking that just maybe they know Melissa is getting the most fan votes ...so they might be trying to balance it out with their votes?
I don't know...but Melissa getting NO tens last night was very odd.
Gilles was awesome too!!!!!...but he did get tens

ebowers, you know I love Ty too...but I think he is going tonight if the votes are for the best dancers in the group to stay.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 12:41 pm

Butterfly73 wrote:

I think this is it. The segment intro and then the quickstep. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jlUuiQBBZA
Back to top Go down
Butterfly73
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1204
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 12:53 pm

that was amazing.. Why would she not get 3 10's.. I dont get it

Number of posts : 14894
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 1:01 pm

I sometimes wonder if Carrie Ann likes Melissa. She seems to be really hard on her. Maybe that's just the impression I'm getting. Anyone else think the same?
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 1:58 pm

catty wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Carrie Ann likes Melissa. She seems to be really hard on her. Maybe that's just the impression I'm getting. Anyone else think the same?

In my opinion, Carrie Ann prefers men.
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 2:04 pm

Moody wrote:
catty wrote:

So does Bruno

lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 2:34 pm

Granny wrote:
Moody wrote:
catty wrote:

So does Bruno

Moody every year Carrie Ann is especially hard on the women. Why I don't know. She was like that last season with Brooke who is a great dancer. She would pick and pick and pick! Melissa's quick step was good I agree. As was her Chachacha. I'm still pissed off! While Gilles dancing is good and he can smoke up the screen shaking your ass is not necessarily dancing. ***ducking now before I get smacked**** sorry if I offended anyone.
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 2:47 pm

zip a lip

Last edited by Granny on May 12th 2009, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
petiteabeille
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 3:19 pm

Video: 'Dancing' Finalists at Sexy Photo Shoot

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/74057/index.html
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 3:27 pm

To me Gilles IS dancing. His puts his heart and soul into each dance. Uses different expressions, etc. A lot of the dancers put on a grin, and never change it at all. IMO of course.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 4:30 pm

I really like all four finalists but would prefer seeing Gilles and Melissa as final two. Either could win and I'd be quite happy.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 5:26 pm

Well to be fair Gilles only had ONE dance last night wherein he shook his ass (magnificently I might add). He dances so effortlessly and makes it look so easy. Such a natural talent.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16373

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 5:37 pm

Lori wrote:
Well to be fair Gilles only had ONE dance last night wherein he shook his ass (magnificently I might add). He dances so effortlessly and makes it look so easy. Such a natural talent.

I agree Lori.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 5:40 pm

flowerpower wrote:
To me Gilles IS dancing. His puts his heart and soul into each dance. Uses different expressions, etc. A lot of the dancers put on a grin, and never change it at all. IMO of course.

Lori wrote:

I think Gilles is just as fabulous as Melissa so I want them in the final two.
I also think Gilles is BIG TIME SWOON material when he dances!....sexyyyyyyyyyy!! boob shake
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 6:38 pm

Ok I should have kept my mouth shut...... I do think that Gilles can dance. I'm DUNN!

And for the record I want Gilles and Melissa in the final 2 because they are the best 2 dancers there. IMO!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 6:44 pm

lovin wrote:
Ok I should have kept my mouth shut...... I do think that Gilles can dance. I'm DUNN!

And for the record I want Gilles and Melissa in the final 2 because they are the best 2 dancers there. IMO!

Yes they are, lovin!!!...and I will be soooooooo disapponited if they aren't in the final two!

And don't shut your mouth, little one...we all adore Melissa and think she is a fabulous dancer but some of us oldah chicklets think Gilles is HOT HOT HOT!!
boob shake
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   May 12th 2009, 7:00 pm

I have a confession. I think Gilles is hot. I think Melissa is adorable. Cherly just rocks and Tony... well, of the four of them, I would love to see Tony win.

His choreography was/is amazing and tough. The male frames the female. The female appears to have the lions share of moves/attention focused on her. Melissa has been amazing. She's not Cheryl, but she certainly has held her own with the professional.

Anyways... this whole thing is that I want Tony to win cause I like him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   

Back to top Go down

DWTS Media
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: