AuthorMessage
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 12:04 am

Buxom wrote:

I think Ty looks really cute here. I love his dimples.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 12:17 am

Someone the other day said he looks like Prince Harry...I do see the resemblance. I think he is very nice looking.
Back to top Go down
Bethany123
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 12:37 am

That Maks guy is really annoying me.
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 4:38 am

IS IT GOING TO BE GILLES vs. MELISSA??
I still wave the Woz banner (and concede that with a total of 51, Gilles is a force to be reckoned with), but confess that of this moment, I fully understand the Melissa buzz. How cute is she? How many points does she get for jumping in, last minute, and being all smiles about spinning 'round the spotlight once again? WITH TALENT AND SKILL, TO BOOT? She's better off without Bachelor Jason, and better off on this show: She belongs in an arena with multi-talented performers rather than in a kiddie pool of simply pretty girls.

Mar 16, 2009 10:15 PM | ​Comments ( 65 )

http://forums.abc.go.com/hesaidshesaid

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 4:58 am

Dancing with the Stars Episode Recap: Monday, March 16, 2009
Mar 16, 2009 11:01 PM ET by Joyce Eng 8 Comments

It's that time of the week again. The 13 couples take on the quickstep and salsa to tack on more points before the first elimination. It sounds simple, but it's not Dancing with the Stars without some type of complication. One star was injured, but is definitely not out yet.

Hey, y'all. Welcome back. I hope Maks didn't rile you up too much. I guess they've done away with the title intros this season, or maybe it's just because of the special circumstances these past two weeks. They're doing the stair intros again and Steve-O is conspicuously missing. But Lacey's all costumed up, so what does it all mean? Tom says Steve-O, who's already nursing pinched nerves and spasms in his back, was injured today and they'll tell us what's up with his dance later. But first, the healthy folks! Tom reminds us the new scores will be added to last week's scores for a total out of 60.

Holly Madison & Dmitry Chaplin: Quickstep
Holly's going for "Most Improved" this week, not to mention "Most Inquisitive." She plays 20 Questions with Dmitry so they can get to know each other better. He likes to stay up late, but Holly likes to goes to bed early. Guess Hef has an early bedtime? Looking dashing in purple, Holly flubs from the start, getting her feet caught in some rapid-fire movement. Her chest is very... protruded and this is not very... quick. She clearly needs more practice time. Dmitry looks like he's dragging her around. Len criticizes her upper body posture. "Your bust is forward." Bruno says she's running for the bus. Carrie Ann appreciates her eagerness and says Dmitry's dragging her around like Marie — er — a doll.
Score: 18 (this week) + 18 (last week) = 36

David Alan Grier & Kym Johnson: Salsa
DAG (who does a killer and equally incoherent Bruno) says it's time to show more of what Davey G. is all about. This salsa is gonna step it up three step levels. Except it doesn't. First off, what bird did Kym kill for that lining? Davey G.'s in character this week, but not really in step. Granted, I've never danced a salsa before, but where's the hip action? Do you need a new one, DAG? You're not that old, are ya? Bruno says character is on point, but hip needs work. There ya go! Carrie Ann says he's not driven from the musicality. Is this the first time "musicality" has been mentioned this season? Someone keep track. Len says too much Kym, too little David. "All sizzle and no sausage." No comment.
Score: 17 + 19 = 36

Tom reminds us Steve-O's not here tonight and says that the salsa has sent him to the hospital, but offers no more details. It's torture, I tell ya. Torture.

Denise Richards & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Quickstep
Denise doesn't like being bent backwards. Again, no comment. There's no crying this time, so Denise has grown some balls, right? Maks told me their quickstep is much better than their cha-cha and that it was. Now this is a quickstep, Hol. It's fast and dynamic, and Denise is not rushing through this like she did with the cha-cha. Apparently there was a stumble in the middle, but my layman's eyes didn't catch it. Or maybe I was just typing. Carrie Ann says it's fantastic and elegant except for the slight misstep. Len says she's "much improved." Bruno likes to see her grab her toes? I think that's what he said. Whatever. They all liked it.
Score: 21 + 18 = 39

Belinda Carlisle & Jonathan Roberts: Salsa
Belinda's hurt by being likened to Cloris. Hrmph. I dunno if I would be. Would you? Maybe the Oscar is blindsiding me. Jonathan wants to inject more personality into their salsa, which Belinda told me she was very excited about. She starts off on the chair and shimmy-shimmies her assets. And then smacks them! Hey now! She ends with a handstand and almost doing No. 17 — the spread eagle (Chicago reference). I give her credit for doing all that, but it looked kind of awkward. Len says she needs more hip, but the performance was there. Bruno likes to see her shake it. Oh, I bet you do. He says she needs to be sharper with her hip action and proceeds to demonstrate. I need some brain bleach. Carrie Ann says it's lacking in grace and her legs were apart too much. CA wants you to keep your legs closed, y'all!
Score: 18 + 17 = 35

Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower: Quickstep
Ty says his cha-cha was really a "cha" and now it's time for redemption. Chelsie's trying to change his "concentration face" into a quasi-creepy smiley face. Did they just completely miss their high-five?! I don't find this as quick as Denise and Maks', but they're way more in step than Holly and Dmitry were. Being stiff (no pun intended) is paying Ty off since the quickstep is all about the posture and the cowboy ain't budgin'. Ty's creepy concentration face is in full effect, too. Jewel doesn't bother with the standing O. Carrie Ann's "so, so" proud of him and his hold on Chelsie. Bruno says he was ridin' the quickstep. Len calls it an "absolute metamorphosis." And then Samantha basically tells them they may be in the bottom two tomorrow. Know when not to talk, Sam. Thanks.
Score: 20 + 14 = 34

Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas: Salsa
The "rigid and powerful" Shawn is too worried about shaking her booty, forcing Mark to become a woman. With the steps, that is. If Lil Kim is "Black Barbie," Mark is Ken, or more like the Ken doll. Wax enough, Mark? The salsa's fun, flirty with lots o' sharp booty shakin'. Not much hip though. Taking advantage of Shawn's flexibility, they cap it off with two splits. If you've got it, flaunt it. Bruno says it was charming and precise, but she must work on the naughtiness. She's 17, Tom reminds him. Len agrees on the precision and wants her to not follow the book so much in the Latin dances. Carrie Ann echoes the sentiments and points out her ability to focus.
Score: 24 + 23 = 47

Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff: Quickstep
Woz loves the quickstep! But he has a "special pain" in his left foot, which turns out to be a fracture... but his doc wants him to keep dancing. The boa's back! At least we know props aren't going to waste. The quickstep is positively adorable, if admittedly not technically proficient. Did they purposely have him follow Shawn? Watching Woz is like watching a wide-eyed toddler who hasn't quite mastered motor skills yet. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. Kathy Griffin's here! Len appreciates the entertainment value. Carrie Ann says he's a trooper. Bruno says he's Wall-E and he totally is! I'll be your Eve! (Don't judge me!)
Score: 17 + 13 = 30

Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough: Salsa
Chuck feels awkward doing the salsa in front of his girlfriend. How long have you been together? He doesn't like to do girly moves and has no frame of reference. "Have you not seen Derek move his hips?" she asks. And so he's now ready to shake his hips like Derek. Julianne's wearing a Koosh ball. No, seriously, she is. This dance is atrocious. That's all that needs to be said. It's basically a showcase for Koosh ball Julianne. Did Chuck do anything? He's still afraid of being "girly," I take it. How many times can he stand there waiting for her to spin into his arms? I got at least four and I have no inclination to re-watch that, so feel free to let me know the grand total. Bruno says it was a wasted opportunity for him to show off his chops. Len doesn't want him to be embarrassed and wants him to come out and perform it. Carrie Ann says that wasn't a salsa. After all that caviling, the lovebirds walk away with a 20. Whaa?!
Score: 20 + 20 = 40

Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska: Quickstep
Can LT get over his self-consciousness? It seems like he did. He's a lot more fluid and graceful this time around and he doesn't seem inhibited by anything like he did last week. He spins (sorry, I don't know these terms) Edyta — who's wearing some version of Halle Berry's 2002 Oscar dress — on the floor and I'm already thinking about the lift violation calls that may come. But alas, there will be none. Carrie Ann says it was smooth and powerful. Bruno gives him a way to go. Len likes the difficulty of the routine and gives him a well done.
Score: 20 + 16 = 36

Steve-O & Lacey Schwimmer: Salsa
During dress rehearsal, Steve-O landed on his mic pack, which exacerbated his back injury from last week, Tom tells us. He's not officially out yet, and so the Dancing rule book (seriously?) dictates that fans and the judges will grade his dress rehearsal. In the rehearsal footage, Steve-O says he wants to Jackass around and do the salsa Steve-O style, which in Lacey's mind means no salsa at all. It was fun and entertaining, but salsa it was not. Looks like "Rebel Lacey" is back! Seriously though, why can't these "pros" just teach the dance as is? Enough with "spicing" things up with flips and stuff, especially if that person A) may land on his mic pack and B) already has a bum back. Len acknowledges it's different performing in rehearsal than it is performance night, but it still sucked (my words, not his). Bruno says the salsa's missing. Carrie Ann agrees and hopes to see more of Steve-O. Backstage, Lacey says nothing's broken in Steve-O's back.
Score: 14 + 17 = 31

Lil Kim & Derek Hough: Quickstep
Kim's gotta be prim and proper, but she's nervous making the adjustment in rehearsal. The lady in red looks like she belongs in Dreamgirls and is prim and proper, alright. It's lovely and complicated — in a good way — nevermind the fact that it's kind of a hoot to see the Queen Bee pull off a genteel quickstep so wonderfully. Bruno says she does bling so well, but was a little bit too apart at times. Carrie Ann loves them together and finds Derek's choreography "fantastic" (I think we can all agree he is the best choreographer). Len begs to differ. There's no quality, he claims, and he wants more contact.
Score: 23 + 21 = 44

Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani: Salsa
Melissa needs to lay off the spray tan and teeth whitener. Beware if you have HD. Tony needs to find some clothes not from the Amazon. But who cares about clothes when you've lucked out with a partner like Melissa? Dance experience or not, this girl can move. It's sultry, spicy and she shook her hips more times than I blinked in 90 seconds. That being said, I don't think it was worthy of two nines. It wasn't without flaws — she seemd a little off at times — and I think it's way too early for nines. Carrie Ann says it's slammin'. Len admits he was gyrating in his seat. Bruno calls it' "juicy." Ick. They're out of breath, so Samantha will let them take a "modiment." Is that like a modicum of a moment?
Score: 26 + 23 = 49

Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke: Quickstep
Last but not least, it's the man of the night — quite literally. Cheryl doesn't want Gilles to be sexy for the quickstep. It's not that easy to turn it off, girl. Gilles uses his separated shoulder as an excuse to take off his shirt. Smart, dude, smart. Green is my favorite color, so these two are automatically in my top 3. The green's kryptonite though, so what does it mean?! Not much. The quickstep starts off a bit slow, but definitely picks up in the middle. It's light, vivacious and ends with a striptease, sort of. Superman Gilles pulls a Cameron Mathison to reveal a Super G logo. Heh. Len says it's great. Bruno says there are sparks out there. Carrie Ann thinks they're becoming the fan favorite since the ladies are already swooning.
Score: 27 + 24 = 51

What did you think? Did the judges play too loose with those 9 paddles at the end, or were Melissa and Gillles totally deserving of the high digits? Was it fair to judge Steve-O's dress rehearsal, or should they have just used his first dance scores and votes? Can he make a full recovery? And who's gonna get the boot?

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/Dancing-Stars/Dancing-Stars-Episode-1004110.aspx

www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy
Back to top Go down
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 5:54 am

I missed the performance last night, I was sleeping, but my daughter (the 8 year old) was next to me screaming and hugging me telling me how wonderful Melissa was.

So, I just watched it. I always thought of Melissa as "cute" never really put her in the "hot and sexy" category, oooo la la, that girl is on fire. She looked GORGEOUS and while her body was already great, you can see the hours of daily training making her body even more toned and delicious! The above youtube is good quality, the best I could find this morning. I look forward to finding one even clearer.

Her boyfriend is much cuter than I thought, and I am 99 percent sure those were her folks. I remember seeing them, and her father was a tall blonde and her mom was a petite brunette. There is a big difference between this show, and the other things she has done in her career.

Go Melissa.

Also, she tweeted 5 hours ago that she is exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 7:48 am

Thanks for posting the video Moody. I watched it last night but it was so good to see again. Huge smile on my face!
Back to top Go down
CanadianDawn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 9:38 am

Cassandra wrote:
Buxom wrote:

I think Ty looks really cute here. I love his dimples.

Is that a ring on her left finger?
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 10:21 am

The little interaction with Tony about breaking her habit was priceless, not sure his mind was on the dance at that moment lol!!

www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 2:16 pm

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/melissa-rycroft-new-man-and-parents-cheer-her-on-at-dwts-2009173
Melissa Rycroft's New Man (and Parents!) Cheer Her On at DWTS
TUESDAY MARCH 17, 2009

Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft wowed judges again on Monday's Dancing With the Stars, as she and partner Tony Dovolani earned the night's second highest score of 26/30 for their sexy salsa.
Cheering her on in the audience? Her boyfriend Ty -- and her parents.

"A big support system today. They all sat together!" Rycroft, 25, told Usmagazine.com after Monday's show. "It felt really, really good. I could see that they were proud by the smiles on their faces."

Added Rycroft (who has studied ballet), "They've never seen me dance like this!"

As for revealing outfit, "My dad was like, 'What are you wearing?!"' she told Us. "And I was like, 'Don't look at me!'"

Added Dovolani, "They're used to seeing a little girl in a tutu! This is quite different."

Getting the night's second-highest score (Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke remain the frontrunners) wasn't easy.

"All those turns were so intricate -- we either hit them or we missed
them," she told Us. "I was holding my breath tonight while I was dancing!"

Rycroft said every week on DWTS is "going to be a new experience with a new dance!"

She said the support since the Bachelor finale has been amazing.
I don't get it," she told Us, "but I'm loving every second of it!"
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 4:08 pm

chrisbharrisonJust found out I'm heading to DWS tonight after
411 taping. Should be fun seeing my buddies Gilles and Melissa. By far the frontrunners.15 minutes ago from web
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 5:04 pm

Check out this clip from Access Hollywood. Maks is still whining about Melissa and her dancing background. I loved Tony's comeback. I hope this doesn't influence the judges to lower scores for Melissa on future shows. BTW, Dial Idol has Maks and Denise dead last in call-in votes. This whining may have backfired on him. I also thought it was interesting that Julianne thinks Melissa is nearly as good as some of the professionals.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/does-melissa-have-an-unfair-advantage-on-dancing_video_1063202

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 5:21 pm

Cassandra wrote:
Check out this clip from Access Hollywood. Maks is still whining about Melissa and her dancing background. I loved Tony's comeback. I hope this doesn't influence the judges to lower scores for Melissa on future shows. BTW, Dial Idol has Maks and Denise dead last in call-in votes. This whining may have backfired on him. I also thought it was interesting that Julianne thinks Melissa is nearly as good as some of the professionals.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/does-melissa-have-an-unfair-advantage-on-dancing_video_1063202

I don't get it. This is my first season watching, but are the "stars" generally beginners? They are all emphasizing that Melissa is like a professional, how could this be if she has only had ballet training as a child?
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 5:24 pm

i dont get how she is any different than the other singers/performers who have had dancing experience.

But whatever....

Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 5:24 pm

Moody wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

I don't get it. This is my first season watching, but are the "stars" generally beginners? They are all emphasizing that Melissa is like a professional, how could this be if she has only had ballet training as a child?

It would be interesting if next season they bring Melissa back as a pro due to her popularity and talent. I would love to see Maks react to that. dancing banana
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 5:37 pm

Moody wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

There has always been a wide range of abilities from complete newbies to those that have obviously trained before. Kristie Yamaguchi has to have had a great deal of training. Mel B taught dance classes. The guys from the boys bands have been choreographed extensively. I have even heard of ballet teachers being brought in to football practices to help the players with their footwork. Going in, they all know it's for entertainment value and apparently they are all at different levels of age, experience, and physical ability, to say nothing about their fan base size. Still, they are all getting paid pretty well to do the best they can. Wozniak is getting a huge number of votes apparently because he has an enormous computer following. More power to him.

I know I, for one, wouldn't really want to watch if they all danced like Woz or Cloris but I still enjoyed seeing what they can do. I am impressed with how much a computer genius with no dance experience or an elderly lady can learn and I say "Wow" to them as much as I do the really great dancers.

Everyone watches for different reasons. As I have said, when I make my husband watch, he watches Edyta. Oh well ...

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 5:41 pm

Kristie Yamaguchi! Well goodness, she dances on ice! They are being silly complaining about Melissa. Green Monster getting to them.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 5:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35512
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 6:05 pm

Kimmie wrote:
i dont get how she is any different than the other singers/performers who have had dancing experience.

But whatever....

It's weird. I also remember a small amount of buzz about Mario Lopez who had dance lessons as a child, but not like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Moody

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 6:14 pm

Melissa's parents and boyfriend. See, the same parents.
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 6:26 pm

interview with Melissa and Tony

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=6714030
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 6:30 pm

Moody wrote:
Kristie Yamaguchi! Well goodness, she dances on ice! They are being silly complaining about Melissa. Green Monster getting to them.

Max forgot about MelB
Karina forgot about Mario.
He knows he has no chance this season and neither does Karina.

I can't stand the faces Karina makes in the waiting room.
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 6:32 pm

Moody wrote:

Stacy Kebler had dance experience too. She was a front runner right from the start.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 6:40 pm

NancyB (admin) wrote:
Kimmie wrote:

But whatever....

It's weird. I also remember a small amount of buzz about Mario Lopez who had dance lessons as a child, but not like this.

I'm so irritated with all this talk, "its not fair" boo frickin hoo! Cry me a damn river. UGH!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 6:41 pm

Buxom wrote:
Moody wrote:

Max forgot about MelB
Karina forgot about Mario.
He knows he has no chance this season and neither does Karina.

I can't stand the faces Karina makes in the waiting room.

Its funny how they both "forget" all about it isn't it??
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 6:56 pm

All I can say is thank goodness Mario didn't end up marrying Karina, her and Max are perfect for each other.
I always thought they were the only two biggest poor sports of the show.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 7:01 pm

I absolutely love Julianne but I remember that there was a little buzz at the beginning about her dancing with her boyfriend and that that was unfair. Now that he isn't a top dancer that buzz has died down. I mean, come on. Some think Woz having every computer geek voting for him is unfair because they all don't have such a great fan base. Part of Maks' problem is that Denise Richards has alot of backlash over the husband stealing issue so her fan base isn't what it could be as a former "Bond Girl" plus she isn't the best dancer.

ETA: Am I the only one who loves the diversity in dance levels ... something for everyone. Watching them all progress, regardless of where they started, is the fun to me. It's not like that trophy is gorgeous. I think it's actually kind of hideous but who ever gets it deserves the pride that goes along with it because of the hard-work and dedication that go along with winning it.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 7:34 pm

Good post Cassandra, I know I for one thought that it was a little unfair that Julianne was dancing with her bf but whatever doesn't make me not like her or talk bad about her.

I think Melissa is doing a FANTASTIC job and I know that she will continue to do so. I do recall some of buzz last season about Brooke Burke also, she did fantastic also right out of the gate, did she faulter yes just as I'm sure Melissa will at some point (or maybe not).

Maks and Karina do deserve each other, the looks that they give people really irks me. Divas is what they are!
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 7:43 pm

I was disappointed in Julianne, she has been my favorite from DWTS since I started watching the show. I think her experiment with her BF isn't working out as well as she hoped and she is discouraged about it. JH had far more chemistry, dancing wise, with Helio and even young Cody Linley.

Max and Karina are not doing themselves or their partners any favors with their catty comments.

Bethany123
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 17th 2009, 8:12 pm

lovin wrote:
NancyB (admin) wrote:
Kimmie wrote:

But whatever....

I'm so irritated with all this talk, "its not fair" boo frickin hoo! Cry me a damn river. UGH!

I am too. All this bitching and whining about it not being fair is so irritating. I know there have been people on previous seasons with far more dance experience than Melissa. I don't like that Maks guy at all.
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 18th 2009, 12:23 am

I am so glad Tony brought up the Mel B. thing. Go Tony. I loved how he spoke up about it and told Melissa she didn't have to say a thing.

It is so true. Maks didn't say a word when HE was partnered with someone who had a real shot at winning because of prior experience. There have been plenty of contestants in the past who have come in with 'an advantage'. I don't understand why this year is a bigger deal than before????

I agree Maks and Karina are both pouty divas. Karina was always my least favorite on the show and now Maks has joined her. Can you imagine the fire works those two probably have. Big fights but hot sex! LOL!

I also agree with you Cassandra. The diversity is something I enjoy. It seems they have a contestant for everybody. Some are funny. Some are sweet. Some are famous. And some can dance! It has been the same format since season 2. Season 1 was a more level playing/dancing field as I don't think any had any dancing experience or any background training that gave them an edge. There were no gold medalists and no boy/girl band members. Starting in Season 2, they began adding some of those and the whole thing changed. If the pros were to complain I would think it might be because they feel they are being slighted by never being partnered with an 'advantaged' contestant. Maks and Karina are NOT in that group as each has been given excellent partners in the past as have both Houghs and Mark B. Cheryl did win twice but one was with Emmet Smith and who would have ever seen that coming! Tony in the past has usually had the 'Big Stars' but not the better dancers. Jane Seymour was the most talented partner I remember him having. Melissa was a last minute replacement and a real gift to Tony. I am glad to see him with a possible winner.
Back to top Go down
Lizbeth
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 18th 2009, 12:41 am

Damn. I'm sad that Belinda left first. (I know I'm the only one, lol) They called her Chloris, she didn't dance well, and she's gone. Sad I think she would have been someone who would have improved a lot if she'd had a few more weeks. As Cassandra has said, it's fun to watch them improve (and rock new bodies!! boob shake ).

As for Maks, he's dead to me now, lol. I completely missed the fact that he had said that stuff about Cheryl (lurve her) last season, and now with the whining. It seems like he is friends with Cheryl, and he probably would LOVE to dance with Melissa, lol, but he's an ass more often than not lately. Whining is not sexy.

I'm sorry for those who are just watching for the first time. IMO, there's a little bit of a weird vibe going on now.....Denise crying the first show, all the injuries, last minute replacements, new professionals. Backstage doesn't seem as happy as it usually is. Usually, as a group, they all seem to have more fun. I'm hoping they all get to know each other better, lighten up a little, and Maks keeps his damn mouth shut, lol. Unlike other reality t.v. experiences, I like my DWTS drama-free. I like so many of them this season.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 18th 2009, 1:23 am

I haven't been able to watch the show yet. Does anyone here know if Woz was the judges pick to stay or did his fans save him?

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 18th 2009, 1:57 am

Cassandra wrote:
I haven't been able to watch the show yet. Does anyone here know if Woz was the judges pick to stay or did his fans save him?

I think it was a combination of both but I am new to this show so I don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 18th 2009, 8:11 am

Moody wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

I'm a big Melissa fan, but I think realistically she has had more training than just ballet as a child. In order to become a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader I'm guessing that she had years and years of training in such dance such as Jazz and Hip HOp. It's unlikely that she had a few years of ballet as a child and then became a professional cheerleader. On the other side, people like Lil Kim and that guy from N'Sync have dance professionally for years. Many of those people have had lots of dance training. Melissa is not unique in that way.
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 18th 2009, 9:11 am

Cassandra, the judges gave both couples the same score last night (17). So it was the fan vote that sent Belinda home.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 18th 2009, 9:34 am

trubeliver wrote:
I am so glad Tony brought up the Mel B. thing. Go Tony. I loved how he spoke up about it and told Melissa she didn't have to say a thing.

It is so true. Maks didn't say a word when HE was partnered with someone who had a real shot at winning because of prior experience. There have been plenty of contestants in the past who have come in with 'an advantage'. I don't understand why this year is a bigger deal than before????

I agree Maks and Karina are both pouty divas. Karina was always my least favorite on the show and now Maks has joined her. Can you imagine the fire works those two probably have. Big fights but hot sex! LOL!

I also agree with you Cassandra. The diversity is something I enjoy. It seems they have a contestant for everybody. Some are funny. Some are sweet. Some are famous. And some can dance! It has been the same format since season 2. Season 1 was a more level playing/dancing field as I don't think any had any dancing experience or any background training that gave them an edge. There were no gold medalists and no boy/girl band members. Starting in Season 2, they began adding some of those and the whole thing changed. If the pros were to complain I would think it might be because they feel they are being slighted by never being partnered with an 'advantaged' contestant. Maks and Karina are NOT in that group as each has been given excellent partners in the past as have both Houghs and Mark B. Cheryl did win twice but one was with Emmet Smith and who would have ever seen that coming! Tony in the past has usually had the 'Big Stars' but not the better dancers. Jane Seymour was the most talented partner I remember him having. Melissa was a last minute replacement and a real gift to Tony. I am glad to see him with a possible winner.

Tony was also paired with Stacy Keibler and they were in the final 3, she was REALLY good their freestyle is what I got them sent home IMO. I'm glad Tony mentioned Mel B also, you tell em Tony!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 18th 2009, 11:52 am

Lizbeth wrote:
I'm sorry for those who are just watching for the first time. IMO, there's a little bit of a weird vibe going on now.....Denise crying the first show, all the injuries, last minute replacements, new professionals. Backstage doesn't seem as happy as it usually is. Usually, as a group, they all seem to have more fun. I'm hoping they all get to know each other better, lighten up a little, and Maks keeps his damn mouth shut, lol. Unlike other reality t.v. experiences, I like my DWTS drama-free. I like so many of them this season.

Well you know me Lizbeth, I LOVE DRAMA, so I am enjoying the "weird vibe" that you describe. Makes things very interesting. Whoduthunk that DWTS would be full of drama and gossip? My husband and I are watching it together because he is enjoying the craziness of Steve O, and the computer guy and of course Melissa.

Regarding Cassandra's comment about different levels FOR ME, this makes it entertaining. Some are so bad they are fun to watch, some are so funny, they add a different element, then there is the ones that are very talented etc. It helps me stay interested in the show. I would likely get bored if they were all good. I haven't gotten to see improvement yet, but that will be neat too.

Also, I never realized that they have the same "pro's" each year. That adds a whole element of interest to me. I have heard you guys talk about them getting good or bad partners previous years.. I am learning some stuff. So a couple of the pro's are married to one another? That's interesting.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 18th 2009, 12:24 pm

The only two that I know of that are married are Edyta and Alec Mazo (first season's winner) and Jonathan Roberts (Belinda's partner) and Anna Trebunskaya (she was on last season I believe). For the most part you do have the same stars every year, although they haven't had Louis VanAmstel on in a few seasons or Ashly DelGrosso (I really liked her and she had the shittest partner EVER with Master P) The last few seasons there have been the same pros though, Julianne, Derek, Mark, Edyta (the only 1 who has done all the shows), Cheryl, Maks, and Karina.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 18th 2009, 12:39 pm

Melissa just tweeted.....
And it starts again.....off to practice my foxtrot!!

You know she only has 66 followers, the cat's not out of the bag yet that she is a tweeting. tee hee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   

Back to top Go down

DWTS Media
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: