All Star

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 12:07 am

Newbies impress on ‘Dancing’ premiere
Holly Madison wasn't bad, but Melissa Rycroft stole the show
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29602624/

I love this opening:

No “Dancing With The Stars” season has ever — ever — started with a celebrity saying anything as utterly fantastic as “I am dedicating my first dance to my girls at the Federal Detention Center.”

lol!
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 12:10 am

I thought Melissa did a really nice job tonight. I like her in this competition because I think she is very talented and beautiful. I also thought Lil Kim was good and Shawn, too. And Julianne and her beau are just adorable! Ty seems like a real gentleman, but I think he will be the first one out this season.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 12:14 am

Good find Luvmykitties....

Casting Melissa was frankly brilliant. For ABC, it holds the timeslot audience, it gets even more out of an already-famous incident, and it provides a fill-in who — as a professional cheerleader — can roll with two days of rehearsal time. For Melissa, it’s a chance to have a public image that’s not about being ditched.

And how did she fare? Given that she started on Saturday, she was very good. She’s graceful, she can dance, and she looked … radiant, frankly; thrilled to be thinking about something else. Part of the reason her breakup was so explosive, after all, is that she’s very telegenic and appealing, and her two 8s and a 7 were an excellent showing for an emergency appearance. With her built-in fan base and actual ability, expect Melissa to stay quite a while.
Back to top Go down
luvmykitties
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 12:27 am

has all the voting ended now? If not, when does it end?

I'm pretty shocked by some of the DialIdol results! I guess some people have more (or less) of a fan base than I thought!)

Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 12:33 am

Has anyone seen anything else about 'the ring' on Melissa's finger? I was hoping for a YouTube of she and Tony dancing but I can't find one yet.
Back to top Go down
Dot-Calm

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 12:34 am

I just saw it on You Tube, and Tony and Melissa did very well considering they had little time to prepare.

Capricorn, I agree, I think Lil Kim was underated and not featured. Maybe she does not fit the demographic ABC is looking for. My 10 year old actually said, "She was in jail?, she should not be allowed to be on this show." I was shocked he said that. My response was simple. People commit crimes and go to prison, the judge decided she spent enough time behind bars and as a society we should respect that, otherwise anyone that has been in prison has no hope.

Steve-O and her are both great examples of figuring life out and doing the best they can.
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 12:58 am

Dot Calm, do you have a link to the YouTube? I have searched for one but can't find it. Help!
Back to top Go down
LuvTV

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 1:03 am

I only caught the last 3 couples but thankfully Melissa was last. She was incredible! Graceful, beautiful and of course likeable.
I didn't like "The Bachelor" thing being brought up either. It feels played out and embarassing to all of them. Hopefully it will not be mentioned next week.
I voted online for her but I'm not even sure why I'm voting. Doesn't sound like anybody is getting eliminated this week?
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 1:13 am

Your votes do matter, LuvTV. They will combine votes from tonights show and next Monday nights show to decide who are the bottom two. Those bottom two couples will have a 'dance-off' and the judges will decide which of the two couples go home. I think I described that correctly. If not, someone please correct me.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 1:39 am

luvmykitties wrote:
Newbies impress on ‘Dancing’ premiere
Holly Madison wasn't bad, but Melissa Rycroft stole the show
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29602624/

I love this opening:

No “Dancing With The Stars” season has ever — ever — started with a celebrity saying anything as utterly fantastic as “I am dedicating my first dance to my girls at the Federal Detention Center.”

lol!

I like this part....

-------snip----------------
And then: Melissa.

Casting Melissa was frankly brilliant. For ABC, it holds the timeslot audience, it gets even more out of an already-famous incident, and it provides a fill-in who — as a professional cheerleader — can roll with two days of rehearsal time. For Melissa, it’s a chance to have a public image that’s not about being ditched.

And how did she fare? Given that she started on Saturday, she was very good. She’s graceful, she can dance, and she looked … radiant, frankly; thrilled to be thinking about something else. Part of the reason her breakup was so explosive, after all, is that she’s very telegenic and appealing, and her two 8s and a 7 were an excellent showing for an emergency appearance. With her built-in fan base and actual ability, expect Melissa to stay quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Dot-Calm

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 1:49 am

trubeliver wrote:
Dot Calm, do you have a link to the YouTube? I have searched for one but can't find it. Help!

I looked and looked, but I can't find it now. I viewed it in another sight, either Jokers, or FORT. I could not find it when I was searching on either site. I am sorry i did not save it!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 1:50 am

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/03/melissa-rycroft.html

BY Lynette Rice

Wearing a sequined turquoise dress and dancing to a song that only days earlier was meant for Nancy O'Dell, Melissa Rycroft -- a.k.a. The Bachelor's most famous reject ever -- closed out the premiere of Dancing With the Stars Monday with a waltz to "show everybody I'm good, that I'm okay." Rycroft stepped in for O'Dell on the morning of March 7 after a knee injury forced the Access Hollywood host to quit the competition. Rycroft, who was dumped on national TV March 2 by Jason Mesnick, had already returned to Texas to resume her career as an event planner when she got the call about DWTS on the morning of March 6.
"I thought, 'What is going on now, I thought it was over!'" Rycroft told EW. She didn't appear frightened at the prospect of performing complicated steps on the ABC reality show, since she studied ballet in grade school before becoming a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. "They said they had a dropout and they would love for me to come and be the replacement. I sat there going, 'What?' Did they know who they just asked?'"
It took about an hour for Rycroft to say yes. Twenty-four hours later, she began rehearsals in Los Angeles with Tony Dovolani. Rycroft spent all weekend learning O'Dell's routine to "Moon River"; costumers even had to fit Rycroft with O'Dell's floor-length dress while she was learning the steps. "I thought, you know what? Here I go again! Why not?" said Rycroft, who harbors no ill-will toward ABC. "I signed up for The Bachelor, and while it didn’t go quite as I had hoped, everything worked out. I'm fine, and this is definitely helping me to move on from everything.
"
After Monday's premiere, Rycroft got a hug (and a microphone in her face) from O'Dell, who was doing post-show interviews while sporting a blue-toned knee brace that matched her strapless mini-dress (O'Dell's injury, a torn meniscus, will require surgery). O'Dell described her decision to drop out as "traumatic" and said it's even been hard to hear the strains of her waltzing song. "I was here when they were doing camera blocking and when I heard "Moon River," I called up my ortho doctor and said, 'Are you sure I can't do this?' I'm like, 'I can run really quick and get the cortisone shot and get my knee drained!'"
O'Dell, 43, also joked that it took Rycroft, 25, only two days to learn what she toiled over for a good two weeks. Melissa and Tony waltzed off with a score of 23
Back to top Go down
Bethany123
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 2:02 am

Melissa did great! I was really impressed!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bethany123
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 2:03 am

luvmykitties wrote:
has all the voting ended now? If not, when does it end?

I'm pretty shocked by some of the DialIdol results! I guess some people have more (or less) of a fan base than I thought!)

Can someone please tell me what this dial idol thing is all about? I'm new to the show so I don't know anything about it yet.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 2:07 am

See if this helps Bethany
Back to top Go down
Dot-Calm

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 2:09 am

*Disclaimer, not being snarky.

Does anyone else wonder if her parents will show up even if she does not advance to the final whatever? This is her 3rd reality show. I am not judging nor am I speculating. (Wait, I am speculating simply by asking!)

I do wonder if her parents have had enough, or they do not agree at all with her choices. She may be taking a stand and has pushed the envelope with them. Maybe Dancing With The Stars is morally/palatable enough for them?

If she ends up in the finales, she needs to hire Stunt Parents, or lay low invite some friends and hope very few notice.

Eta: Saw Dial idol: Oh No! I love Belinda! Go Go's have such great albums. Yes I am old enough to own them on Vynil!

Last edited by Dot-Calm on March 10th 2009, 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bethany123
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 2:18 am

Moody wrote:

See if this helps Bethany

Thanks, Moody...This helps!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 2:24 am

Dot-Calm wrote:

Does anyone else wonder if her parents will show up even if she does not advance to the final whatever? This is her 3rd reality show. I am not judging nor am I speculating. (Wait, I am speculating simply by asking!)

I do wonder if her parents have had enough, or they do not agree at all with her choices. She may be taking a stand and has pushed the envelope with them. Maybe Dancing With The Stars is morally/palatable enough for them?

If she ends up in the finales, she needs to hire Stunt Parents, or lay low invite some friends and hope very few notice.

Eta: Saw Dial idol: Oh No! I love Belinda! Go Go's is such great albums. Yes I am old enough to own them on Vynil!

I just think some parents value their privacy and even though their children may prefer a more public route, they may not want to appear on tv. They can watch her dance on TV, after all, and cheer her on in private without being there in person.

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 2:28 am

Cassandra wrote:
Dot-Calm wrote:

Eta: Saw Dial idol: Oh No! I love Belinda! Go Go's is such great albums. Yes I am old enough to own them on Vynil!

I just think some parents value their privacy and even though their children may prefer a more public route, they may not want to appear on tv. They can watch her dance on TV, after all, and cheer her on in private without being there in person.

This is what I believe too. I think they are probably just really private people who don't like much attention.
Back to top Go down
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 2:41 am

Back to top Go down
Dot-Calm

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 3:23 am

I am an Eeyore in general.

Melissa said she was done with reality TV after being part of it for the past 3 years. She could have just walked away quietly, and would accept her fate as an obscure trivia answer down the road.

I don't think for a second the offer from ABC was a set up. It does bother me on an unknown level she took it. She said she moved on, she has a new boyfriend and she wanted to teach in Dallas.

She said those things, so why did she change her mind? Obviously I have no idea since I do not know her. I did make a few notes to myself when The Bachelor ended on such a bad note.

Number one on my list: Watching to see if Melissa lays low and lives her life out of the public eye. Why did she bring a picture of her boyfriend on Ellen? That is very private, she chose to show that. (The response: To get Jason jealous doesn't pass the grade 7 muster.)

Number two: How fast does she get an offer, and will she accept it? She said she was done. I do understand that DWTS was very last minute, however, no is no.

She did not stay private and and it took about a week for her to be on another show.

She is absoutley darling. I do not think she is evil, horrible or a con-woman, I don't think I would have said what she said, and made the choices she did. I think she is more shrewd than anyone is giving her credit for.

Being shrewd is an asset, not a liability.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 3:50 am

Dot-Calm wrote:

Melissa said she was done with reality TV after being part of it for the past 3 years. She could have just walked away quietly, and would accept her fate as an obscure trivia answer down the road.

She said she moved on, she has a new boyfriend and she wanted to teach in Dallas.

She said those things, so why did she change her mind?

She said those things in the aftermath of the Bachelor drama, and she probably meant them when she said them. Then, DWTS came along, an offer most would have a hard time resisting. From what I understand, the pay is 30,000 a week, plus the benefits of more public awareness. As long as you carry yourself with some sort of integrity, being in the public eye is a wise career move, no matter what profession you end up in. Melissa is no doubt a performer. She dances, is a DCC and a few years back mentioned she wanted to be a correspondent for E. You hit a certain age, and you realize your dreams of fame and fortune are just that... dreams. I am sure she thought she would head back to Dallas, though I would imagine if she was to pursue a teaching degree she would do that in the fall.

Quote :
I did make a few notes to myself when The Bachelor ended on such a bad note.

Number one on my list: Watching to see if Melissa lays low and lives her life out of the public eye. Why did she bring a picture of her boyfriend on Ellen? That is very private, she chose to show that. (The response: To get Jason jealous doesn't pass the grade 7 muster.)

I suspect that picture was to show "the public" that she was just fine. I don't believe that Ty is her boyfriend, but I could be wrong. Maybe she did want to make Jason jealous, he dumped her for someone else.

Quote :
Number two: How fast does she get an offer, and will she accept it? She said she was done. I do understand that DWTS was very last minute, however, no is no.

She did not stay private and and it took about a week for her to be on another show.

She got the offer and changed her mind. Not sure why this is difficult to understand or being frowned on. I personally would think she was being foolish if she didn't grab this incredible opportunity.

Dot-Calm wrote:
She is absoutley darling. I do not think she is evil, horrible or a con-woman, I don't think I would have said what she said, and made the choices she did. I think she is more shrewd than anyone is giving her credit for.

Melissa is certainly not a dummy, and I would imagine you are right regarding her "shrewdness" but honestly, what would you do? I personally would go after the once in a lifetime opportunity. There is no way in hell after the Bachelor fiasco I would have returned to Dallas to a "boyfriend" that was on again off again, school etc. if given this opportunity. Saying you were in Melissa's shoes, what would you have done?
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 4:01 am

Screencap of after the show

and fun clip of everyone after the show at abc

http://ll.abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pn=index&v4
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 5:08 am

Good post Moody! Women change their minds all the time. A woman's perogative you know. Unfortunately, she will always have naysayers because of the high profile shows she is on.

I wish her the best. She is living her life the way SHE wants to, and should take every opportunity. She turned down the Bachelorette after all, most interviews. Then along comes an opportunity of a lifetime for someone who loves dance. I say GOOD FOR HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 5:13 am

Moody wrote:
Dot-Calm wrote:

She said she moved on, she has a new boyfriend and she wanted to teach in Dallas.

She said those things, so why did she change her mind?

She said those things in the aftermath of the Bachelor drama, and she probably meant them when she said them. Then, DWTS came along, an offer most would have a hard time resisting. From what I understand, the pay is 30,000 a week, plus the benefits of more public awareness. As long as you carry yourself with some sort of integrity, being in the public eye is a wise career move, no matter what profession you end up in. Melissa is no doubt a performer. She dances, is a DCC and a few years back mentioned she wanted to be a correspondent for E. You hit a certain age, and you realize your dreams of fame and fortune are just that... dreams. I am sure she thought she would head back to Dallas, though I would imagine if she was to pursue a teaching degree she would do that in the fall.

Quote :
I did make a few notes to myself when The Bachelor ended on such a bad note.

I suspect that picture was to show "the public" that she was just fine. I don't believe that Ty is her boyfriend, but I could be wrong. Maybe she did want to make Jason jealous, he dumped her for someone else.

Quote :

She got the offer and changed her mind. Not sure why this is difficult to understand or being frowned on. I personally would think she was being foolish if she didn't grab this incredible opportunity.

Dot-Calm wrote:

Melissa is certainly not a dummy, and I would imagine you are right regarding her "shrewdness" but honestly, what would you do? I personally would go after the once in a lifetime opportunity. There is no way in hell after the Bachelor fiasco I would have returned to Dallas to a "boyfriend" that was on again off again, school etc. if given this opportunity. Saying you were in Melissa's shoes, what would you have done?

I want to add a thought here also. I think this will wash a bad taste from her mouth after what happened on the bachelor. It will also give the public something to see her in....again away from the other junk. I think this is a good thing. I am inclined to go with you Moody on the "Ty" boyfriend....friend thing.....I choose "really great friend". I can't imagine why she would even want to "not" do DWTS.

Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 5:24 am

They get paid $30,000.00 a week? I would not have had to think about it one second before I said yes. Money to finish her education amongst other things.

I see the motivation now, who would turn it down...

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 5:32 am

This is interesting, Mods and Admins. are struggling to figure out how to deal with the new cross over of the Bachelor fans invading the DWTS threads! This morning Jokerette posted this in the Bachelor thread at Jokers...
Quote :
Bachelor is....
03/10/09 05:16 AM

O V E R. Melissa is on this show, and that's fine. If you want to discuss Bachelor, we have a really good forum for that If you want to discuss dancing, THIS is the place for that.

I think, and this isn't official policy, I just THINK we shouldn't insult contestants like I've seen done to Melissa. (I watched Bachelor, and I don't care about Melissa either way.) I just think she deserves respect for coming into a difficult show on very short notice, and you have to admit she did a good job.

We don't mind personal opinions in here. I just find it objectionable when someone is called a 'whore' for no good reason It taints this forum. Anyone who does this show deserves a hell of a lot of respect. It's grueling, hard, hard work. This isn't a 'normal' reality show where mostly you do nada, apart from occasional challenges. This is KILLER work every day. Hours and hours every day.

Again, this is just my personal opinion. But I think if we can agree to disagree on the front end, and get on with enjoying the show, this will be a much more fun forum. (If that doesn't happen, t might become more than my personal opinion

Also at the FORT there is lots of anomosity towards Melissa in their DWTS thread. I am sure DWTS fans have valid points... I guess someone needs to explain it to me. Like "Imagine if you were a Big Brother fan ....blah blah"
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 5:43 am

Whatever Melissa's reasons, she looked beautiful and danced like an angel.

Wonder if she'll be wearing 'white boots' for any of her numbers Wink
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35519
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 5:59 am

LOL - I was looking for tech or science articles to post this morning and I saw this on CNET ( a geeky kind of site, I'm sure a lot of you have visited)

Here is a review/observation of the Woz:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10192278-71.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:17 am

I MISSED THE FIRST 40 MINUTES

but from who i watched, I thought that DAG, Shawn, and Melissa did a great job.

I thought Denise richards would have been better.

hugs to Lallybelle!!!

I think it will be a good show, I hope ABC cuts the "dumped" and "loser" crap as well. ( I aint talking about bachelor in this thread!)

Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 6:58 am

NancyB (admin) wrote:
LOL - I was looking for tech or science articles to post this morning and I saw this on CNET ( a geeky kind of site, I'm sure a lot of you have visited)

Here is a review/observation of the Woz:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10192278-71.html

lol! "And then there was the dancing." Thanks Nancy.

Last edited by Kimmie on March 10th 2009, 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote)
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 7:19 am

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/Dancing-Stars/Dancing-Stars-Episode-1003853.aspx

Dancing with the Stars Episode Recap: Monday, March 9, 2009

Has it been three months already? Season 8 of Dancing with the Stars kicks off with some very interesting renditions of the Viennese waltz and the cha-cha, along with two new (but not-so-new) faces.

No, your eyes are not deceiving you: Mickey is no longer around these Dancing parts, and so, I have inherited his quite large shoes to fill. I know, I'm mourning his absence too, but I hope you'll bear with me. My Dancing background: size 7 shoe, rhythmically challenged, and avid Olympic fan — thus, I only started watching when Apolo Anton Ohno killed it (random side note: I screamed his name when I was drunk a few years ago, but that's a story for another time). Kristi Yamaguchi made me squeal, but Misty May-Treanor made me cry. And so, I'm automatically partial to Shawn Johnson this season (join me in convincing her to go to London 2012), now more than ever with Nancy O'Dell out.

Speaking of, Nancy and Jewel, Season 8's first two casualties (Did I use that correctly, Jewel? Sorry, I don't have my Night Without Armor near to consult) are sporting pouts on the sidelines as we await the first dances of their heretofore unofficially announced replacements. But first — the healthy folks!

Lil Kim & Derek Hough: Cha-Cha
"Black Barbie" Kim tells us about discovering Dancing during her days behind bars and she dedicates her first dance to all the gals at the federal detention center. What up! They cha-cha to "Ms. Jackson" and "Nasty." Anyone else see the irony in Mormon boy getting "Nasty" with an ex-convict? It's fun and sexy, if a little shaky. Tom dedicates his hosting to everyone at Riker's Island. Len thinks it was first-class and a job well done. Bruno says she's nasty but tasty (and you would know?), but Kim needs some precision. Carrie Ann says she has great potential.
Score: 21

Belinda Carlisle & Jonathan Roberts: Viennese Waltz
Belinda told me she was uncomfortable with the waltz and that she was. They kick it off with some pretty spinning... and then it gets not-so pretty. She's a tad slow and tentative, and you can tell she's counting the steps in her head... or maybe just hoping her boobs don't pop out. Did ya see her shaking those things in the clip intro? Bruno says she looks like Julie Andrews, but then turned into Cloris Leachman, which I personally don't think so at all. If she reminded me of anyone, it's Priscilla Presley. Carrie Ann says it wasn't Cloris-esque, but Belinda needs to trust Jonathan. Len says there was grace and elegance. The curmudgeon hasn't reared his ugly head yet.
Score: 17

Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska: Cha-Cha
Edyta gets another football giant (no pun intended), and LT wastes no time dissing Jason Taylor. He feels uncoordinated in rehearsal and doesn't wanna look like a fool. He doesn't, but he's no Jason Taylor either (that's a diss) — or any other Dancing football great. Their cha-cha is blah-blah. I'm over it after 15 seconds. Carrie Ann tells him he needs to get on the offense and down and dirty (you're single now, aren't you, CA?). Len says he has a naturalness about him. Bruno says it was very laid-back and LT needs to perform. Duh-duh-dun!
Score: 16

Steve-O & Lacey Schwimmer: Viennese Waltz
Johnny Knoxville and Wee-Man are in da house! Still on the mend, a clean-and-sober Steve-O tells us he's using Dancing to show that he didn't lose his mojo in his darker days. His biggest problem? He's very "Caucasian," but he wants to prove this Jackass can be a gentleman. Watching him waltz is like watching Britney & Kevin: Chaotic. It's weird and uneasy, yet you can't turn away. Unlike B&K, Steve-O is actually interesting and good. Let's face it: There will always be something odd about watching Steve-O do ballroom, but it's also slightly endearing. Now he just needs to get all the moves down pat. He gets a partial standing O. Len admires his commitment, but calls him out on some technicalities. He expected much worse. Bruno echoes the tecnique. Carrie Ann was oddly mesmerized by his beauty and awkwardness. "I wanna put my foot in the waltz's butt," Steve-O says afterwards.
Score: 17

Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke: Cha-Cha
Side note: I met Gilles last year and he is quite dishy and hairless in person. The Sex-y star knows he's a nobody and hopes he doesn't succumb to the "model curse." Well, I think most people have something besides your dancing to remember you by. This is definitely the best dance, let alone cha-cha, by far — fast, sexy, lots and lots of hip action. Gilles is a natural in the vein of Brooke Burke. He looks like he's been there for weeks. Standing O. Samantha would be proud. Carrie Ann says he has great potential (isn't this what you told Albert Reed?). Bruno sounds jealous of Cheryl and expects "explosions." Ummm... Len thinks it's the best of the night so far. Dirty exchange backstage:
Samantha: How hard was it really getting a sexy dance out of the guy known as the sexy, naked neighbor?
Cheryl: Well, all I can say is look at him! C'mon, it's not that hard!
Gilles: It's hard! Trust me! It was hard. Uh...
Score: 24

Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough: Viennese Waltz
I can honestly say I had absolutely no idea who Chuck Wicks was until he hooked up with Julianne... and I still don't quite know who he is. They "baby" each other in rehearsal, reminiscent of Michael and Jan "babe"-ing each other. The grapefruit growing out of Julianne's ass is mildly distracting. The lovebirds ebb and flow. It looks like their first dance at their wedding — you know they rehearsed for it, but it's not without flaws. Bruno feels Chuck was chasing Julianne at times (aren't we all?). Len concurs and says he needs to refine his dancing (um, could you be more general?). Carrie Ann says he's one of the most graceful men, but she spotted an inadvertent lift. Ruh-oh.
Score: 20

Injury break! Jewel says she'll be back to sing for her hubby (next week!) since she can't dance. Nancy has matched her knee brace to her dress and she's jealous of Tony's new partner. She's disappointed — but the folks at Entertainment Tonight are happy, Tom says. Oh snap! And now for our first replacement...

Holly Madison & Dmitry Chaplin: Cha-Cha
They have one week to prepare, and so Dmitry have no time to teach her technique. And apparently no time to teach her words either. "Cha-cha-cha, walk, walk?" Holly's nervous about winging it in front of America. She's no worse than some of her predecessors tonight and is definitely more "offensive" than LT. But then again, is it surprising Holly has no problem shaking it? Tom prefaces the judges scores by telling us the trio isn't going to take the duo's lack of prep time into consideration. And so naturally, what's the first thing out of Len's mouth? It's not bad considering she had one week. Le sigh. Carrie Ann says she has charisma. Bruno says she's easy on the eyes (Jewel isn't?) and notes that there's hope for her. By the way, lay off the spray-tan, Holly.
Score: 18

Back from commercial, Tom tells us it is, indeed, Bachelor's No. 1 woman scorned, Melissa Rycroft, who has replaced Nancy. She will have 48 hours of rehearsal under her belt — the shortest in show history.

Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower: Cha-Cha
Time to do Jewel proud. Ty looks like an older and taller Kevin Connolly. He's approaching the whole thing like bull-riding: You're never quite ready and then it's just your turn. And Ty is way more than not-quite ready. He's awkward and stiffer than my drink right now (Kidding! I haven't drunk... yet), which was exactly what I expect of a cowboy dancing. Bruno says it looks more like an army drill. Len likes that he tried... and then gives him a 4. Carrie Ann's hitting on Ty, too.
Score: 14

Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas: Viennese Waltz
Glittering balance beam! Mark's got some sort of 5 o'clock shadow. Trying to be a man? Mark tells her to show emotion, which she is struggling with because it's a sign of weakness in gymnastics. Their waltz is sweet and graceful, a far cry from her powerful gymnastics self. It's definitely the best female dance of the night so far. Carrie Ann is truly moved and says Shawn has "dyna-na-namism." Bruno says it's surprisingly refined for someone so young and warns her of "gymnastics arms." Len finds it all very appealing and fantastic.
Score: 23

Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff: Cha-Cha
Woz! Am I the only one who finds it amusing that the Woz is healthy in this, while Jewel and Nancy are not? Woz overthinks it in rehearsals (left-brained, analog, thinking breaks). He wants to prove nerds can dance. Pink boa! Who-a! Woz can move, y'all! But not exactly in step. He looks like he's half-seizing in places, but I give him props for shaking all his junk that's not just in his trunk. How adorkable is he?! Len likes that it held his attention and enjoyed the knee spin, but says overall it was a disaster. Bruno says it was a teletubbie gone mad. Carrie Ann likes that he makes us cheer for him. Karina calls him the nicest man alive. But what about Maks? Sexiest Man Alive?
Score: 13

David Alan Grier & Kym Johnson: Viennese Waltz
David's hoping to get sexual favors outta this. About time someone says it! Awkward first meeting between the two. Guess the humor was lost Down Under. Har har. Their waltz is controlled, light and there's not much to laugh about. He fudges the final extension a little. Bruno wants him to choose one character per dance. Fly Girl Carrie Ann warns him about his face, too. Len says his "bun" is sticking out because he's not doing something or other.
Score: 19

Denise Richards & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Cha-Cha
I must preface this performance with this tidbit, only because I tell everyone this and I have an obsession with birthdays: Monday was Denise's daughter Sam's 5th birthday, as well as my dad's birthday. Dancing first premiered on June 1, 2005 — the day her second daughter, Lola, was born. June 1 is my birthday, though I'm not 3. OK, just had to get that off my chest. Denise was excited to get Maks because she loves bad boys (we know), but like all bad boys do, he's reduced her to tears. Why does Maks always make his partners cry (OK, not literally, but you know)? Denise is clearly nervous and seems to be rushing through everything. She's way too emotional for this. Don't worry, Denise: You're gonna beat Charlie in the ratings. Carrie Ann says she looks terrified and wants less shoulder action. Len says she needs to tone up. Bruno says she's got it, but she doesn't know what to do with it. It's like acting — you can't drop something after you commit. Can she really relate, Bruno?
Score: 18

Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani: Viennese Waltz
It's America's Sweetheart! I know they use the term "stars" loosely on this, but really? Yeah, yeah, Trista Sutter was on it (though I know many want to forget that), but that was the first season with, like, half ABC vets. Her 11th-hour casting means another reason to show "Jason is a Douchebag" again. "Boo!" the crowd hisses. "People skills," Tom tells Jason. Melissa and Tony don't even have an intro piece. Well, who needs one when you're the most famous person in America not named Octo-Mom? Their waltz is fluid and serene. It's obvious her ballet background (and probably her cheerleading one too) has helped. Time for more Jason-hatin'. Len says Jason's loss is Dancing's gain. Bruno calls Jason a loser, hand-L and all. Carrie Ann says she's a beautiful dancer. She's overwhelmed... or maybe scared she'll get dumped again somehow.
Score: 23

And that's that! Gilles and Cheryl lead the pack with Woz and Karina bringing up the rear. What did you think? Which dance was your favorite? Are Holly and Melissa worthy replacements? Did Bruno wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Was Len actually nice? Can the Woz make a comeback?

Which couple is your current pick to win Dancing with the Stars?

Lil Kim & Derek Hough
3%

Belinda Carlisle & Jonathan Roberts
1%

Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska
0%

Steve-O & Lacey Schwimmer
2%

Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke
17%

Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough
3%

Holly Madison & Dmitry Chaplin
1%

Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower
0%

Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas
42%

Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff
1%

David Alan Grier & Kym Johnson
1%

Denise Richards & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
1%

Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani
29%
Total votes: 925

can vote on site

and...
Dancing with the Stars videos

http://video.tvguide.com/Shows/Dancing+with+the+Stars

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 8:19 am

It is a shame that Shawn doesn't have as much of a fan base as some of the others. She is really good and I think she may go earlier than some worse dancers because she is not as well known.

Number of posts : 16373

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 8:37 am

jfan wrote:
It is a shame that Shawn doesn't have as much of a fan base as some of the others. She is really good and I think she may go earlier than some worse dancers because she is not as well known.

ITA I thought she was great, I am totally rooting for her.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 9:05 am

Tom interviewed Melissa after the show last night for Good Morning America.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7046163
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 9:12 am

I love how humble she is as a person, and how she is making it a soft point to let everyone know she is 'ok.' I just hope moving forward that DWTS no longer belabors the 'Bachelor' thing and just lets her compete on her own merit.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35519
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 9:56 am

Mappy wrote:
Tom interviewed Melissa after the show last night for Good Morning America.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7046163

This is why she has so many fans. One word: charming
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 10:18 am

That interview hit all the right notes ..... charming and funny ..... good luck to her.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: DWTS Media   March 10th 2009, 10:20 am

Back to top Go down
Moody