Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 1:19 pm

There is so much media, i figured it couldn't hurt to have ANOTHER thread.

Bachelor': 'I have found the one'
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 1:21 pm

Good thread, Moody, I have been reading all the media news on the Bachelor show and came across this at the LA Times.
(Look at the showmance couple for # 4!)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/zap-bachelor-reality-show-romance-pg,0,2525400.photogallery?index=1
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 1:24 pm

Evangeline Lilly gives Jason a dig on Jimmy Kimell show Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 1:27 pm

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/andy-baldwin-and-jason-mesnick-slam-bachelor-jason-mesnick-for-dumping-fiancee-200933

Trista and Andy slam Jason.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14730
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 1:28 pm

laugh so hard I crie at #4!
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 1:36 pm

Moody wrote:
http://www.usmagazine.com/news/andy-baldwin-and-jason-mesnick-slam-bachelor-jason-mesnick-for-dumping-fiancee-200933

Trista and Andy slam Jason.
Good for them.

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 2:40 pm

Rolling Eyes
http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/03/jason-im-not-proud-of-what-i-had-to-do/

Jason: ‘I’m Not Proud of What I Had to Do’

March 3, 2009

He had no choice.

That’s Jason Mesnick’s explanation for publicly dumping his fiancee, Bachelor winner Melissa Rycroft, in favor of runner-up Molly Malaney on Monday night’s finale.

Jason says he would have preferred to have delivered the news to Rycroft off camera.

“There were things I needed to tell her in person and I was not allowed to see her. That was part of the deal. I signed up for it in my contract. Your relationship is — good and bad — in front of everybody,” says Mesnick, who talked exclusively to PEOPLE about the surprising turn of events.

“If I could have, I would have seen Melissa the night before. It killed me. It kills me now.”

The single dad, 32, proposed to an overjoyed Melissa, 25, in the two-hour finale. But on After the Final Rose, which was shot six weeks later, he gave her the boot and confessed he still had feelings for Molly, 24, who agreed to give him another chance.

Mesnick, who was rejected by DeAnna Pappas on The Bacherlotte last year, says he knows what Bachelor viewers must think of him: ” ‘That guy is a jerk.’ But I’m not proud of what I had to do.”

Soon after The Bachelor’s cameras stopped rolling, the euphoria of his engagement to Melissa began to fade. “After we got back into the real world, all of a sudden, we had less to talk about and I didn’t know why. I started thinking wow, what’s happening? Why aren’t we communicating the way we did when the show was going on?” says Jason, who held off on sharing his doubts with Melissa.

“I didn’t say something right away because I wanted to figure out what was going in inside of me,” he says. “There was part of me that wanted things to work out with Melissa so bad. But the whole other piece was I had these crazy feelings for Molly.”

Finally, Jason says, he could not deny the truth: “Melissa and I just have different ways of communicating. We’re not right for each other.”
– Monica Rizzo

For much more from Jason, and what Melissa has to say about his sudden about-face, don’t miss this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday
Back to top Go down
petiteabeille
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:03 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
Rolling Eyes
http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/03/jason-im-not-proud-of-what-i-had-to-do/

Jason: ‘I’m Not Proud of What I Had to Do’

March 3, 2009

He had no choice.

That’s Jason Mesnick’s explanation for publicly dumping his fiancee, Bachelor winner Melissa Rycroft, in favor of runner-up Molly Malaney on Monday night’s finale.

Jason says he would have preferred to have delivered the news to Rycroft off camera.

“There were things I needed to tell her in person and I was not allowed to see her. That was part of the deal. I signed up for it in my contract. Your relationship is — good and bad — in front of everybody,” says Mesnick, who talked exclusively to PEOPLE about the surprising turn of events.

“If I could have, I would have seen Melissa the night before. It killed me. It kills me now.”

The single dad, 32, proposed to an overjoyed Melissa, 25, in the two-hour finale. But on After the Final Rose, which was shot six weeks later, he gave her the boot and confessed he still had feelings for Molly, 24, who agreed to give him another chance.

Mesnick, who was rejected by DeAnna Pappas on The Bacherlotte last year, says he knows what Bachelor viewers must think of him: ” ‘That guy is a jerk.’ But I’m not proud of what I had to do.”

Soon after The Bachelor’s cameras stopped rolling, the euphoria of his engagement to Melissa began to fade. “After we got back into the real world, all of a sudden, we had less to talk about and I didn’t know why. I started thinking wow, what’s happening? Why aren’t we communicating the way we did when the show was going on?” says Jason, who held off on sharing his doubts with Melissa.

“I didn’t say something right away because I wanted to figure out what was going in inside of me,” he says. “There was part of me that wanted things to work out with Melissa so bad. But the whole other piece was I had these crazy feelings for Molly.”

Finally, Jason says, he could not deny the truth: “Melissa and I just have different ways of communicating. We’re not right for each other.”
– Monica Rizzo

For much more from Jason, and what Melissa has to say about his sudden about-face, don’t miss this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday

Different ways of communicating... yeah no shit. Obviously Jason could only communicate about their relationship with cameras in their faces. Rolling Eyes

Who prefers Jason's way of communicating... raise your hand! ::crickets::
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:09 pm

Jason wrote:
After we got back into the real world, all of a sudden, we had less to talk about and I didn’t know why. I started thinking wow, what’s happening? Why aren’t we communicating the way we did when the show was going on?” says Jason, who held off on sharing his doubts with Melissa.

Finally, Jason says, he could not deny the truth: “Melissa and I just have different ways of communicating. We’re not right for each other.

This is awfully strange to me. Melissa just doesn't seem the type with a problem finding things to talk about. Jason does however. Many of the women described him this way.
Back to top Go down
divalicious
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:18 pm

I am watching Ellen and she is not happy with Jason at all, he said no matter who's idea it was for him to break up on tv he should of never done it. Melissa is going to be on tomorrow and on Thursday Jason and Molly will be on.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:23 pm

Media page is a great idea Moody!

Moved these over from the other thread. Jimmy Kimmel's is a riot Twisted Evil

Good Morning America - http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6996104

Jimmy Kimmel -http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6996104
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:30 pm

eveldickfan wrote:
I am watching Ellen and she is not happy with Jason at all, he said no matter who's idea it was for him to break up on tv he should of never done it. Melissa is going to be on tomorrow and on Thursday Jason and Molly will be on.

I love Ellen.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:32 pm

The View ... very funny
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/bachelor-view-f.html

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:33 pm

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/ellencam/cam2.php

This is the link to the "Ellen Cam"... the one that runs 24/7. She has 3 set up, one backstage, one on center stage and the other from behind the stage looking towards the audience. Right now there is a cameraman in the frame. Maybe we'll get to see Chris a bit. It is time lapse, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:34 pm

Thanks Cassandra! I was hoping someone would find a video from today. This is probably one of the only times I'll agree with a few of these ladies lol
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:36 pm

Cassandra wrote:
The View ... very funny
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/bachelor-view-f.html

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap lol! lol! lol! lol!

I have never liked Elizabeth till now. I love her with that sign, flipping it back and forth. That was excellent! I feel vindicated knowing that the media is chewing him up and spitting him out. demon banana
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:47 pm

Overnights
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/03/monday-ratings-the-bachelor-stands-tall-above-the-crowd/13824

Bet it drops like a rock tonight!

bamajen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:56 pm

'Bachelor' creator responds to controversy

Monday night's "Bachelor" finale was not only huge ratings for ABC, it was hugely controversial among fans. Jason Mesnick proposed to contestant Melissa, then changed his mind six weeks later, dumped her on camera, then expressed his love for runner-up contestant Molly. Mesnick's romantic whiplash infuriated the show's fans and made some wonder if the whole hugely compelling third-act drama was staged.

Here's "Bachelor" creator Mike Fleiss:

THR: How are you feeling today with the ratings?

Fleiss: Really happy. We worked really hard, and we're glad people liked watching it. We’re proud of the fact no show has done what this show has -- gone below the 50s into the top 10 again in the ratings.

THR: Many viewers are upset with the ending; does that bother you?

Fleiss: I don’t want people to be upset, but we've seen that in the past. First time was "Breaking the Magician's Magic's Biggest Secrets Revealed" -- "How can you do that? It's sacred" -- and it did huge in the ratings. When you have a show that's big people are going to have strong reactions. I'm not surprised.

THR: I have to ask: Many fans are wondering if the finale's twists were manufactured.

We have never done that. There’s 500 people on the show. Call them all. We've never done that. None of those people are under contract any more, they'll tell you -- not once in any season. It was a true change of heart. When I found out there was trouble with him and Melissa, I was in the process of trying to talk Molly into being the next Bachelorette, but she wouldn't commit because she was so upset over Jason. It's patently untrue. Also, these guys aren’t good enough actors. If they’re actors, they're the best actors on television. Whenever a show is really good, people think it's too good to be true. But this time it’s just really really good. We were happy when he picked Melissa. Deanna coming in -- that was supposed to be the big twist ... until Jason had a change of heart

THR: Why did he wait until he was back on camera to tell Melissa?

The only reason we felt compelled to put that on television was because it was the first time the "change of heart" involved the other person on the show. Usually when that happens, it's for other reasons, or involving somebody else. This time the change of heart was in the world of "The Bachelor." It's why it's different and why the viewers are reacting so strongly -- because it’s not part of the normal format.

THR: How did you feel about Jason's decision?

Fleiss: It was hard to watch, there’s no doubt. When he was in love with Melissa we were thrilled. We love Melissa. And he was all, "I'm going to marry her."

THR: So is Melissa the next Bachelorette?

Nope. She didn’t want to do it. She’s heartbroken.

THR: Were you upset about the online leaks?

Fleiss: "Survivor" is an island. We're in restaurants, there's a lot happening in public. There's so many people and their families involved. And in this case the happy couple switched.

THR: Where do you go from here?

Fleiss: We’re just going to try to find love for our new Bachelorette. Part of the success in recent years has been keeping the story going and we're going to do that again.

THR: So by that it sounds like the new Bachelorette is somebody from the current season -- but not Molly or Melissa.

Fleiss: You’re a smart man.

PREVIOUS: Ratings: most popular "Bachelor" finale in years

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/03/bachelor-creator-responds-to-controversy.html

Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 3:58 pm

Haven't been to the other thread yet, so not sure if this was posted there. Blog from Deanna Pappas

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=374376331&blogId=474314350

LAST NIGHT.....
First off, I would like to say thank you for everyone's support! I really appreciate all the kind words.
Contrary to what it looked like last night, I DID NOT go back on the show to get Jason back. Jason and I have remained great friends since he was on my show. I simply thought I was going out there to give him advice and to explain my break up with Jesse. Apparently, it got cut to look like I went to see Jason for another reason. Jason and I are great friends and always will be....that's it.
My heart goes out to Melissa. She seems like a wonderful girl. I was sad to see her and Jason break up on national television. But, there probably was a lot more going on than any of us realize! Some of those things may never get explained to any of us. Molly and Jason seem like a great fit. I wish them a life of love and happiness.....so should everyone else. Melissa is a beautiful, energetic, warm hearted girl....she is going to find the perfect man for her that will truely sweep her off of her feet! ♥
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:21 pm

Pfttt, I don't need Deanna of all people to tell me I should wish Jason a happy anything!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:28 pm

Kiss interview of Chris Harrison is up:

http://www.kiisfm.com/cc-common/medi...KIIS-FM&TRACK=
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:33 pm

I have been hearing rumblings, and now again from Fleiss, that Melissa was "the one" that the crew et. al were rooting for and saw the "instant" connection with.

Sounds like Molly really gave Melissa a run for the money at the end and "won". No matter how you look at it, in reality this show really is a "contest" and if you are the least bit competitive by nature, your desire to "win" would probably be very strong no matter how you felt. I can imagine Molly and Jason married... unhappily, but married.

My husband watched the show for the first time... (probably because I told him he wasn't allowed to come near me and he is rebellious) and thought Molly was a better fit for Jason. I wanted to bop him, and said it was all editing. He seemed to be trying to annoy me on purpose.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:40 pm

Mappy wrote:

I am listening to this interview, and Chris Harrison is throwing Jason under the bus. Twisted Evil He said something along the lines of he feeling the same way as viewers do about Jason. "Jason made his own bed, and he and Molly will have to lay in it" ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35461
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:41 pm

Moody wrote:
I have been hearing rumblings, and now again from Fleiss, that Melissa was "the one" that the crew et. al were rooting for and saw the "instant" connection with.

Sounds like Molly really gave Melissa a run for the money at the end and "won". No matter how you look at it, in reality this show really is a "contest" and if you are the least bit competitive by nature, your desire to "win" would probably be very strong no matter how you felt. I can imagine Molly and Jason married... unhappily, but married.

My husband watched the show for the first time... (probably because I told him he wasn't allowed to come near me and he is rebellious) and thought Molly was a better fit for Jason. I wanted to bop him, and said it was all editing. He seemed to be trying to annoy me on purpose.

If you think about it, your husband is probably right. They are both kind of creepy. Perfect match!
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:42 pm

Moody wrote:
Mappy wrote:

I am listening to this interview, and Chris Harrison is throwing Jason under the bus. Twisted Evil He said something along the lines of he feeling the same way as viewers do about Jason. "Jason made his own bed, and he and Molly will have to lay in it" ha ha ha

boob shake Great, isn't it?! I do think Chris rings false on his denial of RS. (Maybe CH is the leak?! lol)

Fleiss is also laying the blame on Jason in a round-about way. They love Melissa and offered her the Bachelorette but she turned it down, and he can understand how she feels (What a jerk... his initials are MF... how appropriate!)
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:43 pm

Chris Harrison- from day one, we all new it was Melissa. That she was the "one". We thought he was going to be "that guy" ... counting on him. Ha ha
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:44 pm

Mappy wrote:
Moody wrote:
Mappy wrote:

boob shake Great, isn't it?! I do think Chris rings false on his denial of RS. (Maybe CH is the leak?! lol)

Fleiss is also laying the blame on Jason in a round-about way. They love Melissa and offered her the Bachelorette but she turned it down, and he can understand how she feels (What a jerk... his initials are MF... how appropriate!)

I am surprised they are openly talking about Melissa turning down being the Bachlorette.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:45 pm

flowerpower wrote:
Pfttt, I don't need Deanna of all people to tell me I should wish Jason a happy anything!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:46 pm

Mappy:
Quote :
(What a jerk... his initials are MF... how appropriate!)
lol! lol!

Administrator

Number of posts : 35461
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 4:53 pm

I believe Chris Harrison in this interview. He says it wasn't scripted ( during the show at least)
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 5:01 pm

Moody wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Moody wrote:
Mappy wrote:

I am surprised they are openly talking about Melissa turning down being the Bachlorette.

I was, too, Moody! But MF'er is CHOA and playing the big supportive 'daddy' figure. Jerk.

bamajen posted this interview
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net/reality-shows-f18/the-bachelor-media-t4233.htm

THR: So is Melissa the next Bachelorette?
Nope. She didn’t want to do it. She’s heartbroken.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 5:09 pm

Mappy wrote:

This is the link to the "Ellen Cam"... the one that runs 24/7. She has 3 set up, one backstage, one on center stage and the other from behind the stage looking towards the audience. Right now there is a cameraman in the frame. Maybe we'll get to see Chris a bit. It is time lapse, unfortunately.

I'm a big dork. No question. I left a window open on the Ellen Cam and saw a run through of today's taping (tomorrow's show) There is a new frame every 15 seconds. Just saw someone misting the plants to the left of center stage. All the camera people are finished with their dry run. Wish she had audio, too LOL
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 5:20 pm

Heehee... the audience is starting to filter in on Cam 3.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 5:21 pm

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b102525_bachelor_host_dishes_on_shocking_finale.html

From this:
Melissa Knew: "Melissa obviously knew [about the breakup]," Harrison clarifies. "She was not blindsided. She didn't think everything was great. She showed up that day to talk about the wedding date and then realized she was going to be dumped. She was pissed and angry, but she wasn't blindsided. Not that it makes it any better for anybody, and I totally understand why people are still mad, but she wasn't the complete unsuspecting little lamb that you might think."

She showed up to talk about the wedding date but wasn't blindsided? Are you kidding me? Get it straight please.

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 5:28 pm

Cassandra wrote:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b102525_bachelor_host_dishes_on_shocking_finale.html

From this:
Melissa Knew: "Melissa obviously knew [about the breakup]," Harrison clarifies. "She was not blindsided. She didn't think everything was great. She showed up that day to talk about the wedding date and then realized she was going to be dumped. She was pissed and angry, but she wasn't blindsided. Not that it makes it any better for anybody, and I totally understand why people are still mad, but she wasn't the complete unsuspecting little lamb that you might think."

She showed up to talk about the wedding date but wasn't blindsided? Are you kidding me? Get it straight please.

Exactly. WTF... do they think their viewers are as idiotic as their bachelor?!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 6:21 pm

Oh, I see Melissa's photo up on the big screen behind Ellen! Now Jason's. Ellen is doing her phone call thing. Darn I wish I didn't have to wait until tomorrow to see this LOL
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 6:23 pm

Mappy wrote:
Mappy wrote:

I'm a big dork. No question. I left a window open on the Ellen Cam and saw a run through of today's taping (tomorrow's show) There is a new frame every 15 seconds. Just saw someone misting the plants to the left of center stage. All the camera people are finished with their dry run. Wish she had audio, too LOL

Wow. I never heard of anything like this? Sounds kind of voyouristic like Big Brother!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 6:27 pm

Moody wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Mappy wrote:

Wow. I never heard of anything like this? Sounds kind of voyouristic like Big Brother!

Wow, Mappy this is so cool! I can't get over it!
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 6:35 pm

ACCESS HOLLYWOOD will have an exclusive interview with the first Mrs. Mesnick tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   March 3rd 2009, 6:36 pm

Moody wrote:
Moody wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Mappy wrote:

Wow, Mappy this is so cool! I can't get over it!

Sob...it's making me yearn for live feeds big cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor- Media   

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor- Media
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Bachelor (ette)-
Jump to: