all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
simple
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 10:12 pm

all you gals and our man candy Was are AMAZING
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 10:15 pm

That word everytime I hear it I LMAO!! And then I find myself using it and what to slap myself.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 10:15 pm

snow wrote:
lol!

You gave me an idea..

wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt! WOOT WOOT! boob shake

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 10:17 pm

lol! dance
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 10:17 pm

snow wrote:
lol!

You gave me an idea..

laugh so hard I crie
Back to top Go down
simple
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 10:21 pm

lovin wrote:
That word everytime I hear it I LMAO!! And then I find myself using it and what to slap myself.
reminds me of bbas at the end of the day.

at work I have this cute and very petite girl working for me and she says o-tay instead of ok in a very young way. I told her if I ever say it she is fired(lol) she stopped saying it after that. zip a lip
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 11th 2009, 2:46 am

Apparently the bachelor/ettes don't get any compensation, according to this article. Compare this to what DWTS contestants get. If true, who could afford to go on The Bachelor/ette? Article from July 9,2008. I think the bolded blue and red items below are very interesting.

A moment with ... Jason Mesnick, 'The Bachelorette's' jilted suitor
Kirkland resident says: 'I don't have any regrets'
By MOLLY MULLEN
SEATTLE P-I REPORTER

After the heartbreak of divorce, Kirkland's Jason Mesnick went on ABC's "The Bachelorette" looking for love, only to be heartbroken again. In Monday's finale of the reality/romance show, he got down on one knee to propose to bachelorette DeAnna Pappas, but Pappas brought him back to his feet and told Mesnick she was in love with someone else -- the show's other finalist, Jesse Csincsak. Now Mesnick says he's ready to love again.

- Women demand jilted 'Bachelorette' suitor Mesnick's phone number
On whether he would consider appearing on "The Bachelor":

It's just something I haven't even thought about. It's something, if offered, I would definitely consider. I have not been approached by anyone, though.

(Pappas was a jilted suitor on "The Bachelor" before she was asked to be the selector on "The Bachelorette.")

On where he is right now:

I've been back home for almost two months. When I got home, I got one day off, and I had to go straight back to work (he's an account exec). Everyone at home, all my friends and family, have been so kind, so generous.

On whether he has any regrets about appearing on "The Bachelorette":

ABC
Jason Mesnick of Kirkland proposes to DeAnna Pappas on ABC's "The Bachelorette" on Monday, but she told him she was in love with the show's other finalist.
I don't have any regrets. I can stand here today saying I wish she would have picked me because we got along so well. Seeing her with Jesse added closure for me. She didn't look at me like that. I deserve that look, and everybody deserves that.

On whether the contestants get any compensation:

Not a penny. We get to do some of the most amazing things in the world, though. It's not easy. I got picked up in a helicopter. I sat in Einstein's chair in the observatory, (went) diving with sharks. All these things you can't put a monetary price on.
On the number of crew members present during shoots:

I got to know some of the crew who I will be friends with my entire life. There are tons of people working on this show. People work so hard. Producers got there at 7 in the morning and didn't leave until 6 the next morning.

On what TV viewers may have missed:

The whole (marriage) proposal. The show made it look like I got down on my knee and she brought me right back up. I talked to her for a while down there. It was a lot longer of a process. I felt disrespected (by DeAnna). That is something I would never do to anybody. I wish they showed more of that moment.

On whether he and Pappas have had any contact since the show ended:

We've talked since the finale, and we plan on staying friends.

On his son's feelings about all this:

He met DeAnna only that one time. All he knew was she was Daddy's friend. Daddy has lots of friends, guys and girls, so he didn't know more than that.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/369979_moment09.html

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 11th 2009, 6:32 am

snow wrote:
lol!

You gave me an idea..

laugh so hard I crie LMAO laugh so hard I crie
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 11th 2009, 7:46 am

Cassandra wrote:

Not a penny. We get to do some of the most amazing things in the world, though. It's not easy. I got picked up in a helicopter. I sat in Einstein's chair in the observatory, (went) diving with sharks. All these things you can't put a monetary price on.On the number of crew members present during shoots:

I got to know some of the crew who I will be friends with my entire life. There are tons of people working on this show. People work so hard. Producers got there at 7 in the morning and didn't leave until 6 the next morning

I find that almost impossible to believe. No pay???? Not a penny?
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 11th 2009, 9:04 am

Moody wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

Not a penny. We get to do some of the most amazing things in the world, though. It's not easy. I got picked up in a helicopter. I sat in Einstein's chair in the observatory, (went) diving with sharks. All these things you can't put a monetary price on.On the number of crew members present during shoots:

I got to know some of the crew who I will be friends with my entire life. There are tons of people working on this show. People work so hard. Producers got there at 7 in the morning and didn't leave until 6 the next morning

I find that almost impossible to believe. No pay???? Not a penny?

That probably doesn't apply totally to the main bachelor/ette but it could. Also some people have been known to tell a fib or two, so who really knows. But if getting Jason was the prize instead of a paycheck ... (and/or, in Jason's case, riding in a helicopter, sitting in Einstein's chair, or diving with sharks, instead of earning a living to provide for his son) ... oh my! zip a lip

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 11th 2009, 9:50 am

Maybe someone should check with that person at the FORT (sdl) I think, that has access to the contracts, or of course Reality Steve.
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 11th 2009, 10:42 am

I would be amazed to find that they receive no compensation. How could that many people leave jobs for that long with no pay?

Somebody other than Jason will have to say that for me to believe it.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 11th 2009, 10:42 am

I am sure they receive a perdium..

And other forms of compensation.

But i thought the final 3 rec'd some sort of "pay"

Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 11th 2009, 11:36 am

flowerpower wrote:
Maybe someone should check with that person at the FORT (sdl) I think, that has access to the contracts, or of course Reality Steve.

Originally Posted by sdl

Ok, my friends, I spent the last hour reading the Bachelor form contract and I'm going to give you my thoughts. If you hate all things lawyer, or this bores you to death, please skip this note.
* There are two schools of thought in drafting contracts - the one advanced by Thomas Jefferson and friends (wherefore, premises considered...) and people who have defended contracts after 1990 (plain English). The Bachelor contract fits into the first category, which means it is exceedlngly "gray," "dense" and hard to understand.
* the thing that many people don't understand about corporate America is that most big companies are not nearly as smart or powerful as one might think. Like anyone else, they have budget constraints and never does anyone say, "let's throw some money at the legal department!"
- the legal department is a backwater to the "revenue generating" divisions, poorly staffed and, comparatively speaking, not that well paid. Contracts, being the most mundane of tasks, fall to the youngest and least seasoned attorneys. That's why most big company contracts read like gibberish...this one is no exception.
- contracts are usually forms, which are recycled forever, cut and paste, by the 1st or 2nd year idiots told to prepare them, and so they are infrequently updated to adhere to current legal requirements, and rarely does anyone look at them to ask if they really make sense.
- the real value of a contract is that in all that legalese, there is something that some stiffy can point to and scare someone, but the actual piece of paper is often worthless.
* provisions of interest in the Bachelor contract:
- the parties are the person and "Syndicated Productions, Inc." No mention of ABC or whoever else is involved in the production of this show. Bad, because if you're not mentioned, you can't sue to enforce it.
- lots of releases of future problems that may arise - generally unenforceable because you can't release something unknown to you.
- retains control of all publicity, interviews, etc for one year following the FRC - this means that they have to approve interviews such as those we've read of Shannon, Naomi, etc. - which makes their content interesting.
- refers to an "Honorarium" paid to participants for agreeing to all of this, but the amount is not specified
- "Indemnification" language out of the 19th century - not valid in most states, including California, because it is not CONSPICUOUS and is fatally vague.
- liquidated damages provision specifies that Syndicated Productions has damages of more than $5 million if confidentiality breached. This provision has to be tied to some real loss, can't just pick a number, or it's unenforceable.
- sole remedy is arbitration...this goes both ways. In other words, Syndicated Productions can't just file suit. They have to go through the steps to take it to arbitration. Pretty weak enforcement mechanism.

**** The point of what I'm saying is that I read a lot of stuff on the board about ABC and their team of lawyers, and why people couldn't do something because of this contract...and it's all fiction. The contract is crap and the lawyers are weak, and never has ABC effectively enforced this document, because, well, good luck trying.

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/bachelor-spoilers-speculation/79624-rs-predictions-spoilers-1046.html
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 12th 2009, 1:24 am

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20264629,00.html
Caught in the Act!
Originally posted Wednesday March 11, 2009 06:00 AM EDT
Molly Malaney and Jason Mesnick
Photo by: Jennifer Buhl / NPG
The Bachelor's Jason Mesnick and his pick, girlfriend Molly Malaney, lunching at West Hollywood's Ketchup. The cute couple sat near the window, across the table from each other and "were very flirty," an onlooker tells us. Malaney was also on her cell talking to a pal and "seemed very excited about the lunch."

Isn't Ketchup one of Boogie's restaurants?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 12th 2009, 1:50 am

That looks like the outfit Molly was wearing when she and Jason were hounded by someone with a video cam which was posted somewhere around here.

I believe Ketchup is one of the resturants Boogie is involved in. Heck, Boogie doesn't mind if he or his friends treat women disrespectfully on national TV or the National Internet (LOL). He probably gave them a free lunch and a pat on the back!
Back to top Go down
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 12th 2009, 3:05 am

That picture is so funny! Jason looks like he's peeking around Molly, a little fearfully, to see if any of the nasty reporters are out there.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 3:40 pm

yeah they look REAL excited about their lunch and jason looks like a crazy stalker

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 3:44 pm

rallen wrote:
yeah they look REAL excited about their lunch and jason looks like a crazy stalker

lol!
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 3:44 pm

Kimmie wrote:

Well we know the bachelor is paid in sex on his overnight dates.
Back to top Go down
LuvTV

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 3:58 pm

thatgirl wrote:
Kimmie wrote:

Well we know the bachelor is paid in sex on his overnight dates.

laugh so hard I crie
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 4:17 pm

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 6:40 pm

Mrs C wrote:
http://twitter.com/andybaldwin
andybaldwin
Should't have worn this navy tee to airport.Woman just started talk my ear off about bachelor.I don't know why jason did what he did mam

In case you don't read the lounge, I thought this was a definite for one of our Bachelor threads!

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 6:50 pm

Moody wrote:
Mrs C wrote:
http://twitter.com/andybaldwin
andybaldwin
Should't have worn this navy tee to airport.Woman just started talk my ear off about bachelor.I don't know why jason did what he did mam

In case you don't read the lounge, I thought this was a definite for one of our Bachelor threads!

LMAO

Here are a couple more from Andy Baldwin:

he agreed to do that scenario on national tv.that is what i have issue with.trust me he is ultimately in control,he didn't put his foot down2:27 PM Mar 3rd from web

Such a staged ending to Bachelor and it makes me sick. I know I've been through it. Such a damn sellout. He didn't stand up to producers.10:36 PM Mar 2nd from TwitterBerry
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 6:53 pm

A perfect example of how "new tweeters" might slip and say something they regret! LOL
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 6:54 pm

Moody wrote:
A perfect example of how "new tweeters" might slip and say something they regret! LOL

ETA - Kind of like breaking up with a girl on national tv and regretting that?demon banana
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 6:55 pm

I think I love Andy Baldwin!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 13th 2009, 10:01 pm

Oh I've always loved Andy Baldwin---now I love him even more!
Back to top Go down
luvmykitties
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 14th 2009, 4:33 am

Is Andy Baldwin the Officer?

I believe it was the Officer that said the same thing in an (radio?) interview. I believe it was posted here.

Who was it that didn't pick either one at the end?
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 14th 2009, 4:39 am

Brad Womack

All Star

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 14th 2009, 4:52 am

thanks.

Ok, I just found the interview I was referring to, and it was Andy. He says pretty much the same thing as he's saying on his Twitter.

Kimmie wrote:
http://1037theriver.com/pages/gregrambin.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   

Back to top Go down

Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Bachelor (ette)-
Jump to: