all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
jodriver58
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 8:48 am

LMAO Thanks flowerpower
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 8:53 am

flowerpower wrote:
I love the guy in the lounger!

I woke up, the sun is shining, and I watched this video - hilarious. I am definitely going to have a good day. Thanks flower.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 8:53 am

You guys crack me up!!! lol!

Kimmie, do you remember where you read the friend's opinion about what happened? Was it here or somewhere else (cuz I must have missed it)?
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 8:54 am

Kimmie wrote:
My thoughts from reading Melissa friend's opinion from what she knows.

Mel and Jason were on the rocks. Mel and Jason had pretty much broken off the "engagement" But when Mel was called for the ATFR taping early she was told that Jason would "reconfirm" with the ring or whatever. She wasnt told this by Jason. She came , hoping and maybe being led to believe that Jason and her would be able to work things out, that he had a desire to "fight" for them. She did have an intuition and asked if she would have bombs dropped, he said no. She asked if the taping had anything to do with Molly. He said NO.
She was warned before going on stage that it wasnt going to be good.
Jason then basically tells her "oh, btw, it is about molly" and she was more hurt over that then the actual "official" break up.

It has been said that melissa and her new guy are really "friends with benni's" maybe and it may or may not work. That mel doesnt want to play a he said she said game, that she is beginning to question Jason ever really loving her. That is was real for Mel and she wanted to get to Seattle quickly because she thought the long distance was hruting their relationship. She was in it 100%.

I dont believe Mellisa is necassarily hurt over the break up, which she is sad about, more so about the other woman thing. How hard is it to get dumped for someone else? We have all been there and it makes the break up 1000 times worse and harder to get over because it becomes more about "what's wrong with me that he didnt want me, what does she have that I dont" when it should be about "we just didnt work out"

You wrote the script better than ABC.

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 8:57 am

Interesting post from the FORT:

Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
I'm not sure what thread this should go in---mods, please feel free to move it elsewhere if necessary.

I realize that I haven’t posted hardly at all this season, but I have some final thoughts that I would like to express. I am sure this won't be heard well by many, but it is my opinion of how this season played out---it is largely how I felt all the way through, so it is not a case of me suddenly thinking that I have 20-20 hindsight, it is just the culmination of things I have been thinking all the way along. I didn't watch this season with a favorite in mind, I just watched it to analyze it and see if I could work out the edit to see what we were really being shown. This is what I saw. I repeat, this is JMO, I don't claim to be right or know any inside info, this is just what I think. Sorry what I think is so freakin' long!

I think the only thing we were shown that DID NOT indicate that Jason wanted Molly all along was the fact that he proposed to Melissa. For the entire rest of the show I think it was actually Molly who he wanted. From the meet and greet, where he couldn’t take his eyes off hers and had a nervous goofiness to his manner as he faux golf swung at her demand, on I think he was taken with her. I don’t think there was a slow build with Molly (there was with her edit, a la Jesse’s edit, but in real life I don’t think it was slow at all). I think he was intrigued from that first moment. He liked it when she “went after what she wanted” by interrupting his dance with Raquel. He was captivated by her announcement that “kissing” was her talent. He could have chosen any of the songs so why pick Molly’s? Because it was the best song? No, it’s because that was the date where he knew he’d get to spend real, cozy-home one-on-one time with the girl, with the potential of an overnight if the evening went well. No other one-on-one dates would leave such an easy opportunity for an overnight, so he chose the girl he wanted to spend the most time with---Molly. Overstepping my own guesswork here I will go as far as to say that when he chooses Jillian for the very first 1-1 date, and later says he was going to give that rose to someone else, but changed his mind at the last minute, I’m thinking THAT date was going to go to Molly because he already knew he wanted more time with her, but he decided to wait and pick her for the tent date instead, knowing it would be more “real” and allow more time for talking (and making out if things went well). Obviously the tent date went well, and I’m not insinuating anything about pretend babies or any other nonsense, I have just said since that date first aired that Jason wouldn’t have spent the night in the tent, setting a new bachelor record for first overnight before a FD/LCD if he was completely in love with someone else. If he knew then that he was in love with Melissa he wouldn’t have spent that night with Molly. Likewise when they went on the radio show and he was asked who was the best kisser he answered Molly. Who in the world would announce that the best kisser out of a group was someone other than the woman he is in love with? No one. That’s why he didn’t say Melissa---because it was Molly all along. What guy would want the woman he loves to have to watch him kiss other women for an entire day? Which girl got the pleasure of not having to watch Jason make out on the GH set all day? Yep, Molly again. She was spared, Melissa, on the other hand, had to watch the whole thing.

I am guessing many of are all thinking that I am an idiot, and likely some of you are screaming “but what about the body language”???? I have a theory on that as well. I am by no means a body language expert, never claimed to be, but I do have my own way of reading people, and their body language plays a part in that process. In my opinion, which you are all free to disagree with, the body language that we saw with Melissa was, in terms of Jason, the same body language we saw with everyone else BECAUSE JASON MIRRORS PEOPLE. Let me try to explain what I mean. It is easiest to see in his conversations. 80% of the time that Jason was talking to the women he repeated what they said back to them, either as a question or as an affirmation. He mirrors back their language. It is his style. It is likely done in part to validate what they are saying, in part so he can make sure he’s getting what they said correct, and in part because he is most comfortable when reflecting things back at others. This conversation style drove me crazy all season, because as someone who used to work as a therapist I pay very close attention to what people say---and believe me, the majority of what he said to the majority of people on this show was merely a reflection of what they said to him. Not every conversation with every girl, but a lot of the dialogue. It drove me nuts. Anyway, I think his physical behavior also has a tendency to mirror who he is with at any given time. With the exception of a few of the girls who he really felt awkward around (Raquel in the limo springs to mind) Jason responded to the girls by physically mirroring them. That’s why he kissed women who he didn’t seem that attracted to and wasn’t going to keep around (that and the fact that I am sure it was quite an ego boost to the many-times-dumped man who has spent a lot of the past several years hanging out with a little boy instead of tearing up the dating scene)---they looked ready for a kiss, he looked ready for a kiss---they leaned in, he leaned in---you get the idea. Melissa is a very affectionate, loving, tactile person; she is expressive; she hugs with abandon; she drapes her legs over his lap when talking to her; HE MIRRORED HER BEHAVIOR. (I don’t mean literally, as in doing the same exact thing back, but I do mean answering in kind, following her lead, mirroring her enthusiasm and her emotion.) I am not saying he does this maliciously. I am not saying this is false of him. I am not saying he didn’t share feelings with/for her. What I am saying is that his body language with her was so in sync because he mirrored the openness and love that she was showing him. Why was his body language with Molly more tentative and closed off? Because Molly is more tentative and closed off. She is not an open person, not overly affectionate, not a pda person, she’s a little awkward with hugging and other tactile advances except when they are in the context of real sexuality. That’s not a slam on Molly----I think that is a combination of her personality and probably her upbringing. She’s not a cold fish, she is comfortable with her sexuality, it’s the casual type of affection and sharing of emotion that she is clueless about; and Jason once again mirrored her----their casual body language had some stiltedness, some distance, but the passion was there when they had their more sexually-related moments together. (Incidentally, going back to B4, I said even back then that Jason’s butt wiggling and general childlike/nurturing behavior likely came from the fact that he had in fact spent so much time being a dad and hanging out with a 3 year old during the year or more immediately prior to filming----he was still sort of “borrowing” Ty’s style of showing excitement. As B4 progressed he also began to mirror DeAnna, which is why the BLF with them read, to many, as so real and in tune with one another---that, IMO was Jason once again synching himself up with the person his was with at the time.)

In any case, I maintain that Jason was drawn to Molly from the very beginning. Intrigued. Mystified. And likely terrified that this woman who he felt so pulled toward was not giving him the warm-fuzzy, of-course-I-will-pick-you, love-you-love-you-love-you vibe that he needed to feel with absolutely no uncertainty. The one thing that Jason was very clear on was that he did NOT want to be rejected again. Much as DeAnna couldn’t take the chance of getting to the end and being turned down, neither could Jason. That’s where Melissa comes into play. And I believe the producers had a similar assessment of Jason, his personality and his needs, and played him like the fiddle he is. Jason obviously liked Melissa. Who wouldn’t? She’s sweet, she’s funny, she’s beautiful, and she’s very openly loving. She had a somewhat “little girl needing to be taken care of “ nature to her, which Jason could step into easily as he is comfortable with the nurturing role after playing Daddy for so many years. He felt loved, wanted and needed----all great feelings, I might add. In terms of Molly, he felt less openly loved, so he was less comfortable, which scared him. This doesn’t mean he didn’t still want Molly more. It just means he was not as sure that Molly wouldn’t crush him in the end. It would not surprise me, in the least, if the productions staff (producers, handlers, etc) worked their magic based on these very points. Let’s say that Reality Steve’s scoop about this being a set up was right. That doesn’t NECESSARILY mean that Jason signed a piece of paper that said “I will take my F2 girl to F1 and then dump her and get my F2 girl in the end.”---that COULD be what happened, but that seems unlikely to have been the literal way it took place. That would have heavily banked on Jason being able to do a LOT of acting, and although I am certain he’s done some, I am not certain he could pull off that much. I don’t think production likes to take those risks unnecessarily. And I do think production likes to have as much plausible deniability on their side as they can manage. My theory of a more likely way that production decided to go is as follows: They knew he wanted Molly from very early on. They knew he liked Melissa a lot and that she had totally fallen for him. They also saw an opportunity to capitalize on Jason’s biggest weakness----his fear of repeat rejection. They knew he would get down to a Molly/Melissa showdown in the end, so they helped make sure he was somewhat torn by that point in time. I do believe he was torn, in part, at that juncture because of the conversation with his mother. I know that was edited, but he looked legitimately shaken and emotionally drained when he was talking to her; he looked like a tormented man with anguish in his heart. If you believe the total set up theory then that anguish would have been over being about to lead on an innocent woman while possibly ticking off and alienating the real love of his life. If you give the producers credit for being a little trickier that anguish can be seen as him fearing that he would have to let go the woman he truly wanted (Molly) in order to go with the woman who he cared about and knew would not reject him (Melissa).

But what about the “ultimate wife” line? I think he said that sincerely. And perhaps if Molly hadn’t been there Melissa could have been his ultimate wife. Or maybe he thinks she will be AN ultimate wife to some lucky guy some day. But regardless of what he meant, he was saying that as a way of saying that she is a great woman….not that she is great for him. Regardless, with memories of Molly haunting him Melissa did not have a chance at being his ultimate wife.

I imagine a few well-timed staff members started buzzing in his ear about how Molly was a bit of a mystery, didn’t give much away, seemed like maybe she was uncertain, wasn’t saying much----playing on his fear of OMG she might not accept my proposal, she might not be ready, I may get rejected again. At the same time, buzzing in his other ear, was probably a soothing chorus of Melissa loves you, she’s so happy, she is praying you pick her, she will be yours forever, all you have to do is ask. So Jason made his decision. Do what’s best. Pick the one he cares about, maybe even loves, but definitely will say YES, she’s good with Ty, she’s the “ultimate wife”, just forget about the other one because even though he is drawn to her and feels completely captivated by her she might hurt him. He makes his decision. He rejects Molly. She doesn’t react the way he imagined. She maintains her eye contact with him. She is visibly hurt. She tells him he has made a mistake---the last words he wants to hear because making a mistake was what he was trying so desperately to avoid. She continues the eye contact. She doesn’t freak out and scream at him, she doesn’t pull away from him or slap him, she’s hurt and confused and, in her own quiet way, devastated. He starts to see that what he thought was one-sided on his part is not---she does care about him too. Her eyes are mirroring his hurt and fear. It hits him like a ton of bricks. He closes the limo door. We don’t get to see all of his breakdown, but we have heard about it from numerous sources, including Jason---he falls to his knees crying as the limo drives away---when he is able to stand he weaves his way, still in tears, through the house and out to the balcony where he continues to sob. Gut wrenching sobs. “That’s the hardest I think I’ve ever cried in my life” he says of it. I am sorry, you can cry because it makes you sad to hurt someone else, but gut-wrenching sobs of that nature come from being hurt yourself. He was devastated, beyond what he even imagined. I believe the PI of him in his FRC suit, crying, while he talks to the camera was shot AFTER Molly left. I don’t recall the exact wording but he is saying something about how he never though it would turn out this way. I have a feeling he meant that he didn’t expect to still be torn after he had already chosen and let one girl go----I don’t think he expected to do his hardest crying ever. I think he thought he had made the right decision and can’t understand why he is still feeling so upset. I have no idea what transpires to get him from Point A of sobbing over sending Molly home to Point B of proposing to Melissa and jumping in the pool. I can’t really fathom the kind of magic that must have been worked on set that day. I imagine that he was given the pep talk of the century and perhaps a stiff drink (not trying to start any rumors here, just saying…) because he went from basket case to “will you marry me” and that took at least some visine and some heavy duty foundation---sorry, folks but you cry your eyes out like that and you are not camera-ready any time that day without some serious intervention from the make-up department.

So he proposed to Melissa. And he was happy because she said yes and, in a way he really did love her----just not the same way he loved Molly. And I believe that ate at him from that moment on, until it became the only thing he could think about----and there we have it. Did he realize right away? Did he play the denial game for a while? Did he ask to speak to Molly right away? Did he actually speak to Molly right away? No one knows all the details of that except for Jason. Does it suck that he went this route? Yes it does. It caused Melissa to get herself very badly, very publicly hurt. It caused Jason undoubted anguish (whether he was to blame or not doesn’t mean he didn’t suffer through it). And, regardless of how you feel about Molly, it cost her the glory of being F1, having that sparkling moment, getting the fairytale proposal. They all lost out because of the decision that was made. Was all this insane human drama everything Fleiss could have hoped for in a season of The Bachelor? You bet it was.

So, that’s my opinion. Sorry it was so long, and sorry if it angered anyone---Just stating what I have been thinking about for a long time
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 9:09 am

Wow. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 9:13 am

flowerpower, That was good. It was also very deep. It is a little early in the morning to wrap my brain around that one. drunken I like the light hearted stuff more. Yet again, thanks for caring enough to share.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 9:37 am

Thanks for bringing that post over, flowerpower. It makes a lot of sense to me and I even picked up on some of the things the writer did, ie the way Jason mirrored the actions and language of the girl he was with. That drove me crazy too during the show and it does in real life too...especially when people mirror language and they just repeat what was stated.
I also found myself agreeing with the writer about the producers and the part they played in this mess. Jason more than likely didn't sign a contract that said I will pick my F2 and then dump her...but they have their ways of working their magic on the contestants after so many seasons of doing this show. That's why people have said the manipulation seems to have gotten worse with each season...production has figured a few things out! That way the producers aren't lying when they say he did not sign a contract that said...because he didn't actually sign a contract that said...
Anyway, it was very refreshing to read this post. IMO, the writer makes a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 10:13 am

Thanks, flower - I think cheekychook pretty much nailed it!
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 10:53 am

gluedtothepc wrote:
You guys crack me up!!! lol!

Kimmie, do you remember where you read the friend's opinion about what happened? Was it here or somewhere else (cuz I must have missed it)?

glued, the friends name is kultainen, she's a lawyer, and a former DCC living in NYC. Search the fort for her posts. I also posted some of htem in the "taken from other sites thread"
Back to top Go down
http://Www.kmundtinteriors.com
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 11:54 am

Thanks, Kimmie. I must've read some of the posts you brought over, and I found other posts by her at FORT interesting as well this morning. For anyone who wants to read some of her posts, here's a direct link:

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2354763

I found her comment about hoping Melissa might have a new pair of white boots interesting, also, because I haven't read about that before. (If it was talked about here, I missed it!) Must mean that it's likely she's trying out for the DCC again.

You last visited: 04-19-2004 at 01:30 PM
You can tell I don't get over to the FORT very often! LOL! That was when I was still gluedtothetv, before I joined the 21st century and became gluedtothepc. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 12:57 pm

this must be the post you were talking about glued!

Quote :
Wow...I guess the rehab Jason project is in full bloom. Was to be
expected as it's the cyles of spin. Now Melli is the infamous woman
scorned, a liar, and someone who was only in it for the competition.
Wow. Ok, whatever saves or exculpates Jason I guess. Or preserves the
new fairy tale of the frog prince and his pony tailed princess.

I've seen talk on these boards about Melli changing stories, etc. The
only one whose story has never changed is Melli. In her comments on
ATFR (when she was, yes, rightfully angry and upset but still managed
to keep her dignity), in her letter read by CH, in her full statement,
in People and on Ellen she has said the same basic things (most of
which I have said here as well): she fell in love, she became engaged,
it was real, it developed problems, she knew it wasn't going to work
(mainly because he did not appear to want to work on it), she asked
about Molly as she knew there had been contact(s) and she felt
something and he denied it totally. She could not get a reason from him
beyond "it is not the same". She asked before they went on TV if there
was anything that could blindside her, he told her no. She was then
warned but not in specifics to expect more. Hence the tense, almost
afraid way she came on sage. He then hits her with Molly on TV. She was
hurt and angry. She has "grieved" and moved on. Off the stage. goodbye
and onto the rest of her more private life. She has basically said
nothing negative about jason or molly save that she doesn't see her
becoming friends with them (duh).

Jason has now admitted that he denied to her any feelings for Molly,
let alone contact, and saved that for television. He says because the
producers wanted it from him; they say no. does it matter: they both
fail the class and decency test. Jason has changed his story so many
times, his head spins more than that girl in the exorcist movie.

But Melli has not. And she bears no responsibility for opinions or
speculations or spoilers that didn't come from her. Just because
others, including RS, built their theories and posted them, those words
shouldn't be put in her mouth. She has been clear, simple and straight
and consistent in her comments, few that they have been.

She turned down the Bachelorette, so if she was so competitive, don't
you think she would have done it, if for no reason that to show up
Jason? She is not doing other interviews...some famewhore, huh? Besides
being dark haired and with a southern accent, I fail to see any other
similarity to Deanna. I think Melli has it all over Dee in all the
matters that are important and some that are not (like I think she's
much more in the looks and bod dept).

Oh, Frak,
I love in return your humor even though we are often on the opposite
side of whose being poked at. But, no Melli doesn't need a tent. She's
got her life and her equilibrium back, a guy at least for now that
dwarfs Jason not only in looks but in character...and hopefully a new
pair of cool white boots!

I don't care if Jason and Molly work or not. I personally think Molly,
even though I have some residual bad taste over somethings she's said
since and at TFR, is smart, strong and attractive and deserves so much
better than Jason. But even with my friends I stay out of relationships
as "you never really know".

As for Jason, if he finds some balls, grows a brain and rediscovers his
moral compass he just might make some woman happy some day.

I think folks this is it till Jilly's turn...Girl, go in to have fun,
adventure and a good time with no expectations: get yourself 25
Grahams, cut out the stupid, phoney and scripted talking, and enforce a
rule of no shirts before dinner.

Nahdaan pian (so the mods don't worry, it's see ya soon). Enjoyed the back and forth.

luvmykitties
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 1:16 pm

WTH? At FORT they're dissing on Mel? They think she's the one changing stories and lying - and Jason isn't? (I've never been over there. I'm only asking because of the way this person started her post)
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 1:20 pm

Yes kitties, there is a small contingent over there dissing on Melissa. Pretty disgusting.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 1:33 pm

Oops, sorry - makes sense you have to be logged in to see what was in my link. Thanks for bringing that post over, Kimmie, and yes, that's the one I read that mentioned the white boots. If it's what Melissa wants, I sure hope she makes it again. She definitely seems to be getting back to real life on her terms, which is great! And I agree about the dissing of Melissa - she has been really mature about this whole thing, and about as honest as she could be, too, given contract restrictions, etc.
Back to top Go down
luvmykitties
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 1:34 pm

flowerpower wrote:
Yes kitties, there is a small contingent over there dissing on Melissa. Pretty disgusting.

But that's not the majority, right?

And it sounds like that's the ONLY place that has anything bad to say about Melissa. I don't get it? I didn't watch the season, but from the FRC and everything since then, she seems like a very sweet girl that handles herself very well (I'm sure being a DCC helped with that, since image is so important with them).

I can see people trying to defend Jason & Molly's "love", but I can't see how Melissa looked bad at all. It's not like she's running around giving interviews and trashing anyone.

Whatever. The large majority of the viewing public love her. group hug

Last edited by luvmykitties on March 7th 2009, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 1:35 pm

A small group believe that Mel was part of this big scheme and is now allowing Jason and MOlly to be ripped apart. That she went along with this "plan" of a swicharoo....
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 1:56 pm

The way I see it, Melissa has moved on with her life and handled everything with class. One interview to set the record straight and moved on. Good for her. She has already taken herself out of the mix.

Jason seems incredibly needy. He wants to defend himself because he now sees he looked like a putz, and in doing so, looks more like a putz. The way he rubs, rubs, rubs, Molly's arm and hangs on her makes him seem desperate, and really just kind of creepy.

Molly is now trying to justify her "love" and smooching with Jason before Mel's limo pulled away. She does not seem as needy and in ways seems almost pissed that the prize she won isn't such a prize after all. I got a quick glimpse of how young she really is.

The future? Who knows. They are hanging together for dear life right now. There is still excitement there, whether positive or negative, the focus is still on them and their love. They need to hang on each other now to prove to the neigh-sayers that theirs is the love story to end all love stories. Now, with all the negativity, is not the problem for their relationship. The problem will be when, next Monday (after Bonnie Hunt) or soon thereafter their 15 minutes is up. No one hates them. No one cares what they have to say or if they are still together. Everyone is just apathetic to them and ready to move on (we are a fickle viewing audience too after all). They will have to face the real life hard work of making a day-to-day relationship work. Will it? Doubt it, but will anyone really care anymore?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 2:04 pm

flowerpower wrote:

I'm not sure what thread this should go in---mods, please feel free to move it elsewhere if necessary.

I realize that I haven’t posted hardly at all this season, but I have some final thoughts that I would like to express.

[snip]

I do believe he was torn, in part, at that juncture because of the conversation with his mother. I know that was edited, but he looked legitimately shaken and emotionally drained when he was talking to her; he looked like a tormented man with anguish in his heart. If you believe the total set up theory then that anguish would have been over being about to lead on an innocent woman while possibly ticking off and alienating the real love of his life. If you give the producers credit for being a little trickier that anguish can be seen as him fearing that he would have to let go the woman he truly wanted (Molly) in order to go with the woman who he cared about and knew would not reject him (Melissa).

[snip]

Thanks for bringing this over, flowerpower! This is one of the best posts I've read in a long time, and I think the poster is spot on in everything she said. The only thing she missed is the all too convenient conversation Jason had with Dee, shortly before the FRC. Remember? She recommended going with what was "safe," rather than taking a risk. Just someone else whispering in his ear. And, she just happened to be in New Zealand??? How convenient. He is so easily swayed.

To a large degree, I think RS was right. I see productions' fingerprints all over this season.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 2:22 pm

Yes, it's the production people I am most pissed off at! Now, we have Melissa saying yes, they were broken up before the ATFR 1 show, and that she knew it, but, CH said earlier that Melissa thought they were going to talk about wedding plans!!?? I am sure someone was whispering in her ear and putting thoughts in her head before that show. I think as the days go by, more and more will come out about how scripted this season really was. I am not sure why that surprises me, given the premise of the show. It really is no different from any of the other reality shows on television...A LOT of manipulation on the part of production.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 2:25 pm

inkydinkydoo wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

I realize that I haven’t posted hardly at all this season, but I have some final thoughts that I would like to express.

[snip]

I do believe he was torn, in part, at that juncture because of the conversation with his mother. I know that was edited, but he looked legitimately shaken and emotionally drained when he was talking to her; he looked like a tormented man with anguish in his heart. If you believe the total set up theory then that anguish would have been over being about to lead on an innocent woman while possibly ticking off and alienating the real love of his life. If you give the producers credit for being a little trickier that anguish can be seen as him fearing that he would have to let go the woman he truly wanted (Molly) in order to go with the woman who he cared about and knew would not reject him (Melissa).

[snip]

Thanks for bringing this over, flowerpower! This is one of the best posts I've read in a long time, and I think the poster is spot on in everything she said. The only thing she missed is the all too convenient conversation Jason had with Dee, shortly before the FRC. Remember? She recommended going with what was "safe," rather than taking a risk. Just someone else whispering in his ear. And, she just happened to be in New Zealand??? How convenient. He is so easily swayed.

To a large degree, I think RS was right. I see productions' fingerprints all over this season.

I agree, Cheekychook's analysis is nothing short of brilliant. Especially regarding Jason "mirroring" others etc. She said she was a therapist, gosh I bet she was a great one. I am going to pm her at the FORT. I find her amazing.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 2:42 pm

Cassandra wrote:
The way I see it, Melissa has moved on with her life and handled everything with class. One interview to set the record straight and moved on. Good for her. She has already taken herself out of the mix.

Jason seems incredibly needy. He wants to defend himself because he now sees he looked like a putz, and in doing so, looks more like a putz. The way he rubs, rubs, rubs, Molly's arm and hangs on her makes him seem desperate, and really just kind of creepy.

Molly is now trying to justify her "love" and smooching with Jason before Mel's limo pulled away. She does not seem as needy and in ways seems almost pissed that the prize she won isn't such a prize after all. I got a quick glimpse of how young she really is.

The future? Who knows. They are hanging together for dear life right now. There is still excitement there, whether positive or negative, the focus is still on them and their love. They need to hang on each other now to prove to the neigh-sayers that theirs is the love story to end all love stories. Now, with all the negativity, is not the problem for their relationship. The problem will be when, next Monday (after Bonnie Hunt) or soon thereafter their 15 minutes is up. No one hates them. No one cares what they have to say or if they are still together. Everyone is just apathetic to them and ready to move on (we are a fickle viewing audience too after all). They will have to face the real life hard work of making a day-to-day relationship work. Will it? Doubt it, but will anyone really care anymore?

Cassandra, you can give cheekychook a run for her/his money. duts rule

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 2:57 pm

Yes, Cassandra - now that Molly has "won" she has to sort through what her "true feelings' are for Jason. Like you, I suspect she will view him as not much of a prize. When I think about the post by Cheekchook, it makes me think how uncomfortable it would be to be in a relationship with someone who always takes on or mirrors you behavior. I know people like this. While they can be incredible at empathy and great listeners, when they have to make a decision for themselves... they are lost. Many of the women described Jason as not having much to offer (in terms of conversation).. I bet he can be pretty dull.

Also that youtube is HILARIOUS!!! I wish I would have thought of that!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 3:07 pm

luvmykitties wrote:
WTH? At FORT they're dissing on Mel? They think she's the one changing stories and lying - and Jason isn't? (I've never been over there. I'm only asking because of the way this person started her post)

I noticed some were making a big "to do" about Melissa contacting Jason by e-mail after she told him "don't contact me". Please. Big deal. She had something she wanted to get out and she had every right to do that. Shoot, she even said she regretted doing that. Are "smack downs" allowed at The Fort? lol! I am sure that anyone hating on Melissa is being taken care of by her fans there. demon banana
Back to top Go down
Bronwyn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 315

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 7:25 pm

luvmykitties wrote:

There have been some posters there that have hated Melissa ever since the first show, and picked, and still pick, apart every single little thing she has said and done. I'm sure there were some that were thrilled to see what happened to her at the ATFR.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 7th 2009, 9:34 pm

The "mirroring" explains a lot. My favorite thing about Jason was he really seemed to listen and ask the women questions like he was interested. I even commented about this trait. I was so observant and so wrong..LOL.... I can see now how initially it would be great, but eventually it would get old. I like a lot of what Checky wrote, but I don't know if I agree with it all.

Casandra - I liked your post.

I have to admit, at the first sign of trouble between Jason/Melissa through all the internet rumors, I check out of caring for their relationship. Been there, done that!! LOL
I still do not like how dumb Jason was to break up with Melissa on TV. I don't like how indecisive he is, but I have strong feelings about indecisive people. Ultimately for me, Melissa sounds like she is doing fine and I feel like she dodged a bullet. As for Jason/Molly, I hope they move on and get out of the spotlight for TY's sake.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 11:42 am

Wasn't sure where to put this... RS has a new column today. TB, DWTS, etc.

Synopsis. Full article at link below.

"If breaking this seasons ending gave me notoriety, so be it. But those that have been with me for the last seven years know I’ve been loyal to giving you consistent “Bachelor” updates, plus my opinions on a myriad of things. Now, I’m just going to do it more often. Especially with “Idol” about to begin its final rounds, “Survivor” up and running, “Celebrity Apprentice” being a trainwreck I can’t not watch, and the whole “Dancing with the Stars” thing. Hey, those that know me know that’s been one of my favorite shows since it started. Now, with the whole Melissa angle thrown in, obviously that adds a little extra to those that are “Bachelor” fans."

Anyway, what really bothered me last week after the ATFR 2 was the spin job that everyone was putting on this. Included in this spin job were ABC, Mike Fleiss, Jason, and even Melissa. On Wednesday, Jason immediately came out and said he broke up with Melissa on TV because he was “contractually obligated to.” Then Mike Fleiss immediately shot back with, “Uh, no you weren’t.” Then Jason spun it to, “Well, Melissa knew we were having problems and we were already broken up. We had ended things a week earlier.” Then Melissa on with Ellen Thursday says, “Yeah, the breakup was mutual, we were broken up. But what upset me was the lying. I asked him numerous times if it was about Molly and he said ‘no’. Then we get on TV to tape the ATFR 1 and he informs me it is.” Then Jason the next day on Ellen says, “Yeah, I wasn’t contractually obligated. I felt I was doing what the producers wanted me to do, and I take full responsibility for that. If I could take anything back, it was that I did it on camera. She didn’t need to go through that.”

(more in DWTS thread)

http://www.realitysteve.com/
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 11:45 am

RS says this is the last he's going to blog about The Bachelor (hahaha)

"Once again, let’s put all of our “Bachelor” related stuff behind us after today. Really, there’s nothing more to talk about. I’m moving on, and so should you. There are too many questions you will never get answers to unless your name is Jason Mesnick, Molly Malaney, Melissa Rycroft, Mike Fleiss, or Chris Harrison. I’ll be back Wednesday with a fresh new “Reality Roundup” breaking down week one of “American Idol” (I believe it’s Michael Jackson week), along with a few thoughts on more crap that I’m watching. See you Wednesday."
Back to top Go down
rallen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 11:51 am

Kimmie wrote:
A small group believe that Mel was part of this big scheme and is now allowing Jason and MOlly to be ripped apart. That she went along with this "plan" of a swicharoo....
well I think that small group are morons. big laugh

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 1:19 pm

Jason says he thinks Melissa will win DWTS

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/bachelor-jason-mesnick-predicts-melissa-will-win-dwts-200993

ETA: I want to say something snarky but I wouldn't want anyone to think I hate Jason or have been picking on a poor guy who doesn't deserve the negativity. Sometimes I just want to be snarky for no good reason. zip a lip

Last edited by Cassandra on March 9th 2009, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 1:28 pm

Cassandra wrote:

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/bachelor-jason-mesnick-predicts-melissa-will-win-dwts-200993

Thanks Cassandra. I'm so over him. The man knows she's popular. He's still on damage control. He bugs me to no end. Vomitus maximus.

Last edited by Kimmie on March 9th 2009, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to fix the quote)
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 1:31 pm

Ooops.... seems I was snarky. Drat. The man is a dipwad!

I'm in a partially snarky mood and I'd rather take it out on his poor attempt at trying to look good. I don't question that he's a good dad. I don't question that he's probably a good friend. However, I can and will question how sincere he is about Melissa. I just don't trust him or what he says anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 1:31 pm

Cassandra wrote:

ETA: I want to say something snarky but I wouldn't want anyone to think I hate Jason or have been picking on a poor guy who doesn't deserve the negativity. Sometimes I just want to be snarky for no good reason. zip a lip

Look, dont feel that you cant say what you want to say. If you want to be snarky, be snarky. If you want to say something negative, do it. Some feel he does deserve the negativity some feel otherwise.

ugh, I hate the people feel they cant post what they want to post.

Grrrrrrr.

Kimmie

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 1:34 pm

Mappy wrote:

I'm in a partially snarky mood and I'd rather take it out on his poor attempt at trying to look good. I don't question that he's a good dad. I don't question that he's probably a good friend. However, I can and will question how sincere he is about Melissa. I just don't trust him or what he says anymore.

Oh for F* sake be snarky! That is what is so great about this board!!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 2:00 pm

Kimmie wrote:
Mappy wrote:

Oh for F* sake be snarky! That is what is so great about this board!!

demon banana Made ya look! I'm only partially snaky today. I'll let ya know when I hit the motherlode lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 6:54 pm

Mappy wrote:

good posting For some reason your post reminded me of Dr. Seuss: That Sam I am, that Sam I am, I do not like that Sam I am. Do you like green eggs and ham? I do not like them Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 6:58 pm

Tiger wrote:
Mappy wrote:

good posting For some reason your post reminded me of Dr. Seuss: That Sam I am, that Sam I am, I do not like that Sam I am. Do you like green eggs and ham? I do not like them Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

LMAO Exactly Tiger. You are funny today.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 9:44 pm

Moody wrote:
Tiger wrote:
Mappy wrote:

LMAO Exactly Tiger. You are funny today.

Number of posts : 13238

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 10:09 pm

lol!

You gave me an idea..

Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   March 9th 2009, 10:11 pm

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!   

Back to top Go down

Interesting post from other places regarding Bachelor put here!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Bachelor (ette)-
Jump to: