View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3601
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 9:59 pm

I am surprised Shawn beat out Melissa. I thought it would be Melissa and Gilles in the final. Not because I don't think Shawn is great - she really is great too. But you know what? The freestyle from all of them last night was not that good, in my opinion. It was like they were all trying too hard to do fancy lifts and I agreed with some of the judges, I preferred to see them gracefully dancing and gliding across the floor - that is romantic. And I didn't like any of the music they picked either. I think Cheryl really bombed on her pick of music and dance for Gilles - Cari was right. It was almost like she was featuring herself in the dance instead of Gilles....bomb on that one Cheryl.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:00 pm

Awwwwwwww good for Shawn. Although Gilles was my favorite I loved Shawn as well. I think Mark was absolutely stunned!
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16370

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:00 pm

Go Shawn, says my little gymmie.. Congrats to all of them, all were wondeful!! what a great season!!!
Back to top Go down
PatriciaZ
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-05-09

The judges screwed them last night. I just think it is dumb how they end the season with perfect 10's for everyone. If they are supposedly leaving it up to the fans, they should do that for the final all around. BUT, I think Gilles and Shawn are pretty great too. I just hate seeing those &^%$'s happy. They just don't get that the hate spewed just motivated others to vote. Oh forget it... You can't reason with belligerent asses, so I never bothered over there.

It was a fun season!!

aww Shawn just won!!!!
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:01 pm

Oh no - Gilles didn't win? How did that happen? That Shawn just doesn't lose at anything she does, does she? Well, good for her - but I still think Gilles is the better dancer but Shawn was more popular. Congrats Shawn and Mark. I'm not sure weather to watch it now...ha ha.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:02 pm

Gilles was a better dancer than Shawn.IMO Shawn came on strong in the end. Sorry for Gilles fans.....Congrats to Shawn fans...
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:02 pm

Glad for Shawn and Mark. but Gilles and Cheryl were more consistent with their scores all season, oh well. Still a GREAT season!
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:08 pm

Gilles should have won. Sorry, Shawn fans, but he was just better.
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:09 pm

Well, Gilles was good in Sex and the City ---ha ha!!! I'm sure this show will have done well to get him known so next time he doesn't have to take his clothes off to be in a movie...hee hee
Back to top Go down
PatriciaZ
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:10 pm

Gilles was much better then Shawn, but... She really did come on strong the last 2-3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:11 pm

Washed Up wrote:
Well, Gilles was good in Sex and the City ---ha ha!!! I'm sure this show will have done well to get him known so next time he doesn't have to take his clothes off to be in a movie...hee hee

He will be on Brothers and Sisters in the fall.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:14 pm

Fantastic season of Dancing! One of my favorites to be sure.

I'm happy for Mark. Now he has bragging rights, too!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:16 pm

I agree with all of you, Gilles was clearly a better dancer than Shawn overall....I think honestly and no offense that Cheryl hurt him a little, not too many people are fans of hers.
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:30 pm

A great season of DWTS has ended. I thought all of the final three were fantastic dancers and people. When I read Derrick (and Julieann?) were on face book and tweeter asking their fans to vote for Mark and Shawn I thought that would give them the edge to win. I don't mean to take anything away from Shawn. I think she is great. I just thought her huge fanbase + Mark's + the Houghs would probably = the win!

Of course Melissa was my favorite and I would have to say Gilles was really the best over all dancer consistently. Shawn would have been my third pick. As I said last night though all three were great and deserving of the win.

I didn't think about every single Oympian to make it to final three has been the winner until Anton said it last night at Shawn's rehearsal. I wonder if Misty Mae would have pulled it off last year if she had not fallen to the injury. I think if I (who are we kidding!) was on a season with an Olympian, I would be thinking we were all playing for second place. LOL!

Each of the final three was so gracious tonight in winning and losing and that is the mark of winners!

ETA. I guess this proves once and for all ABC did not put in the fix and 'make' Melissa win. LOL
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:32 pm

trubeliver wrote:
A great season of DWTS has ended. I thought all of the final three were fantastic dancers and people. When I read Derrick (and Julieann?) were on face book and tweeter asking their fans to vote for Mark and Shawn I thought that would give them the edge to win. I don't mean to take anything away from Shawn. I think she is great. I just thought her huge fanbase + Mark's + the Houghs would probably = the win!

Of course Melissa was my favorite and I would have to say Gilles was really the best over all dancer consistently. Shawn would have been my third pick. As I said last night though all three were great and deserving of the win.

I didn't think about every single Oympian to make it to final three has been the winner until Anton said it last night at Shawn's rehearsal. I wonder if Misty Mae would have pulled it off last year if she had not fallen to the injury. I think if I (who are we kidding!) was on a season with an Olympian, I would be thinking we were all playing for second place. LOL!

Each of the final three was so gracious tonight in winning and losing and that is the mark of winners!

ETA. I guess this proves once and for all ABC did not put in the fix and 'make' Melissa win. LOL

good posting
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 11:48 pm

I was, and am, a fan of Melissa's dancing and wanted her to win, but I must say all three were great.

I started out hoping that Melissa's being thrown into the show at the last minute wouldn't give her an early departure and that she wouldn't be terrible. She, instead, did really well and became a favorite of mine. I'm glad she made it into the finals. I do think that her rib injury and not dancing one round hurt her with the voters and I understand why, even though, I personally, thought she was a real trooper.

I thought they would end up Gilles, Melissa, Shawn, in that order, for the finals (even though I wanted Melissa to win), but I really think they were all tens .

Number of posts : 14853
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 12:56 am

I never thought Shawn was going to win. Good for her. I thought Gilles would win even though I was rooting for Melissa. All three were good this season.
Back to top Go down
cruzlvr
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 1:00 am

Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 1:10 am

:getdown: SHAWN & MARK!!!!!!!!!!!:getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

i'm soooo soooooo happpy!!!!!
me & my sister screamed sooo loud when they announced that they won.

guess it wasn't fixed for Melissa, i feel stupid for that. sorry even saying that.
i was one that thought that.
i was shocked that she came in thrid place.
then again many thought Gilles was going to win.
i'm just sooo happy Shawn won.
apolo(however you spell it) was right after all.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 1:25 am

cruzlvr's link to and article on Jason about Melissa on DWTS

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jason-mesnick-talks-life-after-bachelor-melissas-dancing-run/22743?nc

Quote :
Molly said. "I haven't been able to watch, but a lot of people that I work with watch and they said she's been doing a phenomenal job," Molly said. "That doesn't surprise me - she's a great dancer."

She hasn't been able to watch? Because she doesn't know how to work a DVR or because watching would make her sick? liar

"That doesn't surprise me - she's a great dancer." If she hasn't even been able to sneak a peek, how does she know Melissa is a great dancer? liar

Me thinks she DID watch some of Melissa's dancing but wouldn't admit it. Still she wants to be PC and not say, "I'm jealous as heck and I'm not discussing it anymore". big cry

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 2:28 am

Oh, I was rooting for Gilles all the way...I loved both his dances last night. I just really love watching this guy dance. tens

I went to a DWTS finale party and everyone there wanted Shawn...so they were all happy. She's cute and I enjoyed watching her this season, but thought Gilles was absolutely superb! After Ty was voted out, I gave all my votes to Gilles. At least I will be able to see him on Brothers and Sisters next season!
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 4:38 am

Oh YUCK Shawn won? I fell asleep, could they drag that show out for any longer? what the f* I am so glad I fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 5:43 am

LMAO Moody!

Yeah, it was a loooooooooooooong show. I wasn't surprised that Shawn won. Worked out just the way 'they' wanted it to. Young American who is squeaky clean and no baggage.

It is what it is. We'll always have YouTube Wink
Back to top Go down
Jessica337
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 7:01 am

I am so glad that Shawn won. Based on what I read I really thought it would be Gilles,Shawn,and Melissa.
Back to top Go down
PatriciaZ
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 7:20 am

I think Susan Lucci cursed Tony.... So close but so far away. He may win eventually just like she did.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 7:34 am

In reading other boards, it appears that Shawn had a huge fan base. I didn't know that. Makes sense that she would win - good dancer with a large fanbase equals a win!
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 8:58 am

A friend of mine posted this about DWTS on her facebook last night, thought it was funny.

not happy about the little sausage winning DWTS, that Gilles was the best by far....

This is for moody since she is snarky this morning.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 9:42 am

Shawn has a large fan base for sure. She is a good role model for young people and really deserves a clap for working so hard and improving so much. I, personally, didn't like her "lines" as much as the other two but that may just be because she is shorter. This is kind of like how a normal woman looks next to Victoria Secret models with their long, long legs. Julianne, Derek, and Chuck all asking their fans to vote for them probably helped as well. All is fair in fan voting shows, though, and the best doesn't always win, but usually someone very very good does. It does seem that Olympian champions have the "right stuff" to win this show and good for them, they know how to train. Shawn peaked at the right time.

I thought the judges had been pulling for Gilles throughout most of the season. That was obvious and understandable because he pulled off most of the dances with near perfection. I don't think Cheryl helped him much in the free style. I thought I noticed in the background, that, when Shawn was announced, while the judges were standing and clapping, they didn't seem to be smiling. I didn't get a good look at Carrie Anne but both Len and Bruno didn't look like they were. I wonder if they were a teeny bit disappointed. Perhaps they were smiling but just not when I noticed.

I do think those of us who love an underdog loved Melissa. She came in late and we pulled for her. I thought she was elegant and graceful and her bod seemed to get better and better each week.There did seem to be a backlash against her because many DWTS fans didn't want a Bachelorette on the show. I do think her injury hurt her, too, when she couldn't participate the "jive" week. I wanted her to do the jive last night just to show she could do, it but I understood why they took the safe route with the samba, their best dance. I think she and Tony went all out with tricks to try to win the free style and it didn't quite seem like dancing somehow. That didn't help her either.

All in all, a fun season to watch even though my fav didn't win.

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 9:58 am

icecoffee wrote:
A friend of mine posted this about DWTS on her facebook last night, thought it was funny.

not happy about the little sausage winning DWTS, that Gilles was the best by far....

This is for moody since she is snarky this morning.

demon banana Twisted Evil cheers
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 10:03 am

The consensus at work this morning is Gilles got robbed. Oh well, like someone said, there are always youtubes of our faves and we can relive their dances over and over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 10:06 am

flowerpower wrote:
The consensus at work this morning is Gilles got robbed. Oh well, like someone said, there are always youtubes of our faves and we can relive their dances over and over and over again.

Yup. I agree. I guess they don't have a DWTS thread a sucks. I went there to spew venom but came up empty handed. lol!
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 10:20 am

You can go to Jokers. Some of those people are MEAN!!!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
luvmykitties
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 11:11 am

I personally thought Gilles deserved it the most. I thought he was the best dancer all around! Not only did he nail all of the dances, he had the attitude and chemistry with them. So yeah, I guess I'm in the "he was robbed" camp. Laughing

Shawn definitely improved a lot towards the end, but I still didn't think she became as good as Gilles.
(but I do realize the show is more about fans than the actual dancing) I didn't realize Shawn had such a huge fan base!

I just didn't enjoy watching Shawn the way I did GIlles and Mel (and Li'l Kim). I think her muscular frame took away from "the lines" and "grace" (for lack of a better word) with me. But I did enjoy her freestyle far more than the others, and I respect her major improvement! I also think her Pase Doble (sp?) was very good and better than Melissa's. IMO

I don't know WHY Melissa did that for freestyle?! They should have done a dance that highlighted her grace and beautiful lines! (not that it would have changed her place) ETA - I understand trying to put in a lot of 'tricks' for freestyle, but how could you compete with Shawn anyway on that kind of stuff? lol
Anyway, I really enjoyed watching Mel all season, and very glad she made it to the finals at least.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 1:39 pm

OK, I will get in one little dig at Shawn.. even though she is 17 and that is probably why.. she never acknowledged her partner. I realize in gymnastics you don't acknowledge your coach, so maybe that is why she was like that.. she viewed her partner more as a coach? Also, she is young.

I wish somebody would have told her to give her partner some credit once and a while. I was going to say because that would have made her more appealing, but I guess she doesn't need any more appeal, she won!! So she is obviously appealing to many.
Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

Number of posts : 3062
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 1:56 pm

Moody wrote:
Oh YUCK Shawn won? I fell asleep, could they drag that show out for any longer? what the f* I am so glad I fell asleep.
We veterans of AABB know Mood hasn't slept since BB All-Stars. (Workin' the net, getting the scoop for us)
I think she was out on the town last night .
Back to top Go down
LuvTV

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 2:28 pm

That was a loooooong show. ITA that Gilles was robbed. After watching most of the season the only way I'm going to watch again is if they get Janelle on there. Very Happy
The format was confusing. I had no idea what was going on the whole finale and kept thinking it was going to be lowered to two and they'd compete again?
Melissa was adorable and it would be fun if she decided to do something in the entertainment industry. I loved her freestyle! Guess I'm the only one that enjoyed it?
I'm excited for the "So You Think You Can Dance" show.
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 3:08 pm

I'm sooo happy Shawn won!
yes i was shocked, thought Gilles was going to take it.
but they seem supportive even on GMA.
& they all like each other.

i think it's stupid for people to say Shawn is FAT!
becuase she is not.

i'm also excited for So you think you can dance.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 3:13 pm

Quote :

No kidding. That toally pisses me OFF! No wonder adolescent girls are so paranoid about their weight and people wonder why anorexia is on an upswing. Ignorant! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16370

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 3:27 pm

Lori wrote:
Quote :

No kidding. That toally pisses me OFF! No wonder adolescent girls are so paranoid about their weight and people wonder why anorexia is on an upswing. Ignorant! Mad

It makes me absolutely SICK. She is not fat she is a well trained Gymnast who has worked probably a million plus hours to achieve what she has achieved at such a young age. I would like to see those ignorant people spend 15 minutes conditioning with her and then they are free to make ignorant comments. red rage Rant over......
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 3:47 pm

I think it is mean to call Shawn fat also. She is a beautiful, delightful young girl. She was a great dancer and won fair and square. I am not in the camp that believes ABC fixes the vote for anyone. I wouldn't have thought that regardless of who won. Sadly had Melissa won many today would be saying the fix was in.

I don't mean to take a thing away from her because she (as well as Gilles and Melissa) deserved to be in the Finals and to win, IMO. All three were great.

I think what gave her the edge in votes was her own huge fanbase plus the Houghs asking their fans to vote for she and Mark. I don't think they 'hated' Melissa or Gilles just that Mark is their BFF (and Derek's band mate, can anyone say publicity) and they wanted him to win in what most are saying is his last season. This is the only season any of the pros have solicitated votes for any contestant other than the one they dance with. It was considered a professional 'no-no'. I think it happened this time because both Derek and Juliann as well as Mark do not intend to return to DWTS (at least next seaon and maybe never). They felt safe from any repercussions from their fellow pros and TPTB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: