View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 7:49 pm

I wonder if Derek helped Mark choreograph their freestyle? I think they're allowed to get outside help with the choreography, right? If so, I sure wish Tony had gotten some help with theirs.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 7:50 pm

I loved Shawn's free style. The judges were right about Melissa's free style though - it was disjointed and wasn't near as good as Shawn's.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly73
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1204
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 7:51 pm

The judges are getting on my nerves.. Well hopefully it will piss enough people off to make sure to vote for her.. cheers

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 7:52 pm

Hoping for Gilles to pull out a win. He knows how to dance AND live the dance, not just do the steps. Course he looks pretty darn good too!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 7:55 pm

Well, he is an actor, so that probably does give him an edge in projecting his emotions. All three are very worthy opponents! So far, I think Shawn has done best - now Gilles is up!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 7:57 pm

Hmm, he did great, but that dance was kinda trampy to me!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 7:58 pm

I think Shawn was the dark horse tonight - hers was the dance I would want to see again! What do you guys think? Flower, did you like Gilles' dance?
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:04 pm

Gilles looked hot, but he really didn't dance.

I agree about Shawn's free dance.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:05 pm

I liked it, but I agree with the judges, the focus should have been more on HIM.

And I agree with you, yes his acting helps. Melissa's ballet and cheerleading is her edge, and Shawn's gymnastics.

Frankly, I would be happy with any of the 3 win. They all had a great season.

Melissa gained so much in self-esteem. I am so happy for her!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:05 pm

I agree that Shawn's dance was the best.

I think Gilles' dance show cased Cheryl more than Gilles. He's a great dancer but that dance didn't show it. Seems like Tony and Cheryl let their partners down in the choreography department tonight.

Based on those 3 dances Shawn deserves to win but I love Gilles so will vote for him. It is a fantastic final 3 that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:06 pm

flowerpower wrote:
I liked it, but I agree with the judges, the focus should have been more on HIM.

And I agree with you, yes his acting helps. Melissa's ballet and cheerleading is her edge, and Shawn's gymnastics.

Frankly, I would be happy with any of the 3 win. They all had a great season.

Melissa gained so much in self-esteem. I am so happy for her!

good posting I agree.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:08 pm

I agree with all of you! I'm just glad that all three are talented and worthy of being there. It is a bit sad to me that, imo, Melissa's and Gilles' partners let them down a bit in the choreography department - you want everyone to do their very best, and may the best man/woman win, but it feels instead like a bit of a letdown to me for Mel and Gilles.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:11 pm

Lori wrote:

I think Gilles' dance show cased Cheryl more than Gilles. He's a great dancer but that dance didn't show it. Seems like Tony and Cheryl let their partners down in the choreography department tonight.

Based on those 3 dances Shawn deserves to win but I love Gilles so will vote for him. It is a fantastic final 3 that's for sure!

I thought Shawn had the best first dance... The second dance was okay, but she did win the night for me... First time I saw a dancing style with her..... Lil Kim was short and really used her body as a dancer. I hadn't really seen Shawn as a dancer until tonight.

I still want Melissa to win. The judges obviously want Gilles to win.... I am okay with either of these two winning.

Cool
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:12 pm

I saw cutie Emmitt in the audience. He had a great freestyle his year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPo41SUd5TA

Last edited by flowerpower on May 18th 2009, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:13 pm

It's all up to the fans.

I bet Shawn ends up with the most fan votes.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16369

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:19 pm

My little gymmie (she is only 8 and level 5 with big, big dreams GULP) said oooohhh mommy she stuck it! I thought they all did great.. I am not a dancer (so far from it LOL) so IMO they all deserve a win (Gold as my dtg pointed out) Very Happy Congrats to all of them, it was a great show!!!!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:21 pm

Aww, Sydney, that's so cute - she's right, Shawn did stick it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:34 pm

All three dancers are very deserving of the win. I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them.

Of course Melissa has been my pic from the very first night and I am sticking with her!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:40 pm

big cry

I just got home a little bit ago and MISSED THE WHOLE SHOW!!!
Petite, I hope you can post the videos...I want to see everyone's free style dance!!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 8:42 pm

Oh no, Wilde!!! Hope you can watch it online! Tru, I put all of my votes in and got all of my family to vote for Melissa, too, because she's been my favorite all season also. If Shawn or Gilles win instead, I will not be upset because I agree that they are all deserving!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 9:47 pm

Just watched the show----I think they all did a good job with the Paso, however, I really didn't care for any of their Freestyles. They were no where near as good as Drew and Cheryl's freestyle in season 2 nor Brooke Burke's last season or Kristi Y and Mark's 2 seasons ago. JMO

I've been rooting for Melissa since day 1 and that's not going to stop for me. I feel that they did dance, yes there were a lot of lifts but no more than Gilles and she danced more than Gilles did IMO. Shawn did a good job tonight, I have a feeling she may win it all. No matter they are all deserving!
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 11:23 pm

I think everyone's paso was really good,
i loved Shawn's free style.. it was really good.

the winner will be a toss up, but all my votes are going to Shawn & Mark.
Back to top Go down
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 11:35 pm

adrixoxo wrote:
I think everyone's paso was really good,
i loved Shawn's free style.. it was really good.

the winner will be a toss up, but all my votes are going to Shawn & Mark.

I loved Shawn and Mark's freestyle as well.
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 18th 2009, 11:38 pm

i was surprised that Cheryl's was not that great i was expecting it to be better then everybodies.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 12:32 am

flowerpower wrote:
Hoping for Gilles to pull out a win. He knows how to dance AND live the dance, not just do the steps. Course he looks pretty darn good too!

I very much agree with you. He is a very emotional dancer. I just love this guy!! I'm glad to hear that he'll be on Brothers and Sisters next season.
This was a good season of DWTS...a lot of talented stars.

ETA: I did see Emitt Smith in the audience. His smile lights up a room, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14851
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 12:53 am

I didn't like any of the free style dances, but Shawn's was the best of the three. I thought Melissa's outfit was beautiful during the paso.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 1:21 am

Does anyone know how tomorrow night works? Do they all dance again or just vote off #3 and then the other two dance? How do they choose what dances they do?

Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 1:27 am

everyone dances tomorrow even the eliminated couples.
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 1:27 am

i know Steve-O & Lacey are preforming the foxtrot.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 1:41 am

Cassandra wrote:
Does anyone know how tomorrow night works? Do they all dance again or just vote off #3 and then the other two dance? How do they choose what dances they do?

Of the three couples remaining, I think one will be eliminated early, then the other two will pick a performance they have already done during the season. I think each couple chooses which dance they want to do. They can either do a repeat of one of there best performances or try to improve one of their weakest performances.
I think that is how it will go.
Someone else might want to confirm this or not because this is the first time I've ever watched the show. I may not know what I'm talking about. Smile
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 6:09 am

catty wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

Of the three couples remaining, I think one will be eliminated early, then the other two will pick a performance they have already done during the season. I think each couple chooses which dance they want to do. They can either do a repeat of one of there best performances or try to improve one of their weakest performances.
Someone else might want to confirm this or not because this is the first time I've ever watched the show. I may not know what I'm talking about. Smile

I knew that they danced something they like, I hope that Melissa is in the final 2 then because I would love to see her dance the jive since she wasn't able to dance it well that week that she was injured.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 6:42 am

Lori wrote:

I agree that Shawn's freestyle was the best of the night. I also think that the choreography for Mel and for Gilles wasn't as good. (Gilles's dance definitely featured Cheryl which I found odd.)
I hope Mel wins, but I'd be happy if any of the three win - I think they've all done a great job.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 7:45 am

Lori wrote:

Based on those 3 dances Shawn deserves to win but I love Gilles so will vote for him. It is a fantastic final 3 that's for sure![/color]

You said last week you would vote for whomever danced the best in the finale. Twisted Evil Didn't think I was paying attention. LOL ballerina
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 8:00 am

Moody wrote:
Lori wrote:

Based on those 3 dances Shawn deserves to win but I love Gilles so will vote for him. It is a fantastic final 3 that's for sure![/color]

You said last week you would vote for whomever danced the best in the finale. Twisted Evil Didn't think I was paying attention. LOL ballerina

Nope! You are in the wrong thread - I said I would choose the best performance between Adam and Kris on AI!!!!!!!! LMAO
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 10:57 am

I wasn't overly thrilled with any of the dances last night.

I didn't like any of the free styles.

All Star

Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 11:07 am

catty wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

I thought that all three dance again for judges scores which are added to their total which probably won't make any difference unless they are really close in numbers.

Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 11:44 am

Lori wrote:
Moody wrote:
Lori wrote:

Nope! You are in the wrong thread - I said I would choose the best performance between Adam and Kris on AI!!!!!!!! LMAO

Oh. zip a lip Same difference.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 11:53 am

Granny wrote:
catty wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

I thought that all three dance again for judges scores which are added to their total which probably won't make any difference unless they are really close in numbers.
You could be right. Like I said I've never seen the show so you probably are right Smile
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 11:55 am

lovin wrote:
catty wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

I knew that they danced something they like, I hope that Melissa is in the final 2 then because I would love to see her dance the jive since she wasn't able to dance it well that week that she was injured.
Good idea! I would love to see her jive.
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 19th 2009, 2:22 pm

Melissa is dancing the samba, which makes no sense.
shawn is doing the cha cha &&
Gilles is doing the argentien tango.
makes no sense.
why would they do a dance that they got high scores on,
they could possibley get a lower score the second time.
(example:lance & lacey last season)
they should've done one that they got low scores on & tryn get better scores.
jmo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: