View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 4:48 pm

Moody wrote:
I am a rookie too LuvTV. Someone tell us what to expect!

Meet the judges of DWTS. They can be a hoot. This clip with Cloris Leachman.

Back to top Go down
luvmykitties
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 4:54 pm

OMG Cloris was a classic! She was such a hoot!
The fact that she was kept around as long as she was - it certainly wasn't due to her technical dancing abilities Wink

She'd also crack me up the way she'd jump in on other people's interviews. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 4:57 pm

The year there is supposed to be a dance-off between the bottom two couples. That probably gives the judges a little more say in who stays and who goes.

Last edited by Cassandra on March 8th 2009, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LuvTV

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 4:59 pm

That clip was funny! Laughing
Melissa should be adorable on this show.
Back to top Go down
Lizbeth
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:04 pm

Cassandra wrote:
The year there is supposed to be a dance-off between the bottom two couples. That probably give the judges a little more say in who stays and who goes.
Oh...ooops. Embarassed lol Hmmm....I'm not sure I'll like that. I guess it may add excitement on the elimination night though.

Thanks for the clip, Flowerpower. LOL
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:08 pm

Lizbeth wrote:
Cassandra wrote:
The year there is supposed to be a dance-off between the bottom two couples. That probably give the judges a little more say in who stays and who goes.
Oh...ooops. Embarassed lol Hmmm....I'm not sure I'll like that. I guess it may add excitement on the elimination night though.

I'm not sure I like it either. It will give the judges the power to keep someone that they don't think should have been eliminated but it may mean that fan favs will be sent home instead.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:15 pm

Cassandra wrote:
Lizbeth wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

I'm not sure I like it either. It will give the judges the power to keep someone that they don't think should have been eliminated but it may mean that fan favs will be sent home instead.

We've had the dance off in the last two series of "Strictly Come Dancing" over here. We had John Sergeant this year who couldn't dance for toffee, his fans just voted like mad to avoid him being in the dance off and it worked. He withdrew from the competition in the end because he was scared he'd win!

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:16 pm

Cassandra wrote:
Lizbeth wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

Not sure I like it either.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:17 pm

Frankly, this is why I love Dancing with the Stars-Derek Hough (my guilty eye candy). He and his sister Julianne are just adorable! Now I can't wait for tomorrow night!

Back to top Go down
Dot-Calm

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:22 pm

I watch it only to drool at Maksim. I loved him and Mel B from the Spice Girls.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:24 pm

Melissa's partner Tony Donvolani and Cheryl Burke:

Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:35 pm

I'm glad Tony has someone young this time. He has been on since season 1 and has always had older, slower partners and one that had to quit.

Clearly it is a popularity contest too. Plenty of seasons popular stars, who only dance ok or even bad stayed way beyond their time. Stars that can dance, but had no following went home early too.

Last edited by Buxom on March 8th 2009, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:39 pm

They have definitely had their share of people who have fans scratching their heads and thinking wtf are they on for? Melissa I expect, will bring some talent to the show. It should be a good season. One thing too, for Moody and others who don't normally watch is they show a fair bit of the rehearsals, makes for fun segments. Hopefully they won't do The Bachelor stuff too long (futile hope, I know) and just focus on the fun.
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:45 pm

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=431714945&blogID=475394135

March 8, 2009 - Sunday
Melissa...Now Dancing With The Stars...YAY!!!
Hey everyone!
Yes it is true, you've heard correctly Melissa is filling in on this new season of Dancing With the Stars! It was a last minute thing...ABC called her up and within 4 hours she was on a plane to LA. She called me before making her decision, somewhat hesistant to do it since her life was finally starting to feel normal again--AWAY from all the cameras..I said "Live with NO regrets...get your butt on that plane, or you WILL regret it one day!!!!" I know you ALL will be just as excited as I am to watch our much loved Mel and root for her...So TUNE IN!!!
Go Melissa!! Get em' Girl!! We Love You!
Lots of Love,
Naomi

Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 6:37 pm

http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pn=aboutthevote

About the Vote

HOW IT WORKS:

During the live shows, judges will give a score based on several factors, including technical execution. But the judges' scores alone do not decide a couple's fate.

Phone lines, text votes (AT&T customers only) and online polls will open at the top of each performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone and text lines will stay open for 30 minutes after the end of the show. Online voting will remain open until noon (Eastern Time) the next day.

In the Dancing with the Stars Results Show*, the couple with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will be eliminated from the competition**.

The scoring is divided evenly between the judges and the viewers at home, ensuring unpredictable outcomes at the end of every show. When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine who wins the trophy.

*The Dancing with the Stars Results Show will premiere Tuesday, March 17 at 9/8c.

**Week 2 - On Tuesday night, the two couples with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will compete in a Dance Off. Their original set of judges scores will be tossed out and they will perform the same routine again for a new set of judges scores. The new set of scores will be combined with their viewer votes from Monday night and the couple with the lowest combined total will be eliminated.

Viewers can vote via phone, text message or online for their favorites ONLY on the night they perform.

The site also provides the telephone and SMS numbers for each couple. They're already posted for this season.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 7:16 pm

I hope Melissa turns out to be a really good dancer. She has a disadvantage since she hasn't practiced as much as the others so I hope she can overcome this. I do think it is a good way to get her away from the drama and focus on something else. I have a hard time watching a whole episode, but I want to see how she is doing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 7:18 pm

I guess I will be watching some of this since she will be too.

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 7:36 pm

ndd123 wrote:
I hope Melissa turns out to be a really good dancer. She has a disadvantage since she hasn't practiced as much as the others so I hope she can overcome this. I do think it is a good way to get her away from the drama and focus on something else. I have a hard time watching a whole episode, but I want to see how she is doing. Very Happy

I hope she does well too. The others have had 6 weeks of practice.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 7:43 pm

Melissa's turn to get trashed....j

www.dlisted.com

Last edited by Moody on March 8th 2009, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 7:45 pm

Moody wrote:

www.dlisted/taxodermy/411

The link isn't working for me Sad
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 7:46 pm

Me either...
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 7:46 pm

Mrs C wrote:
Moody wrote:

www.dlisted/taxodermy/411

The link isn't working for me Sad

It's not working for me.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Is this it?

http://www.dlisted.com/node/31041

Dancing With The Nobody Who Got Her Ass Dumped On National Television

The term "star" means absolutely fucking nothing to the producers of Dancing with the Has-Beens. This shit show needs to change their name to Dancing with the WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?! Because apparently Melissa, the ho who got her ass dumped by that troll Jason on The Bachelor, has replaced Nancy O'Dell. As you might know, Nancy had to quit that bitch because her knee pulled a Tony Harding on itself.

A source tells People that 25-year-old Melissa Rycroft started rehearsing just a few days ago. She will dance during Monday's premiere. Yeah, and I'm sure she'll be laid up in the hospital by Tuesday morning after the voodoo witch CHERYL BURKE gets a hold of her.

Hugh Hefner's former concubine Holly Madison is also expected to shake her plastic titty sacks tomorrow night in place of Jewel, who also busted her knee.

If Melissa shoved the entire Orion constellation up her ass, she still wouldn't be worthy enough to be called a star. Come the fuck on. If they were going to choose a bitch from that fake ass show, they should've gone with Stephanie. Fuck, even Stephanie's gorgeous eyebrows are more deserving than Melissa.

Posted by: Michael K
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 7:49 pm

Yes thanks, on my iPod
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 7:50 pm

Moody wrote:
Yes thanks, on my iPod

How do you read the message board from you iPod?
Back to top Go down
Dot-Calm

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 7:55 pm

I love Dlisted! Michael trashes everyone, and he rarely posts about The Bachelor, or any other main stream reality shows. He does post about the wilder cable ones. He has a very snarky sense of humor, and it is not for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 8:07 pm

Dot-Calm wrote:
I love Dlisted! Michael trashes everyone, and he rarely posts about The Bachelor, or any other main stream reality shows. He does post about the wilder cable ones. He has a very snarky sense of humor, and it is not for everyone.

I was going to get my shackles up until I read Tony Harding. Then I just laughed and moved on.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 8:53 pm

flowerpower wrote:
Frankly, this is why I love Dancing with the Stars-Derek Hough (my guilty eye candy). He and his sister Julianne are just adorable! Now I can't wait for tomorrow night!

I'm with you Flower, I love both Derek and Julianne, however this year I think I may have to go with Tony too since Melissa's his partner....we gotta vote like crazy to keep her on. Take that Jason you asshole! I'm sure she will be great at this.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 8:58 pm

lovin wrote:

I'm with you Flower, I love both Derek and Julianne, however this year I think I may have to go with Tony too since Melissa's his partner....we gotta vote like crazy to keep her on. Take that Jason you asshole! I'm sure she will be great at this.

This is going to sound so catty, but that is the exact reason I want her to stay and go far. I want to rub it in his face! demon banana

Wow! I'm surprised at myself over how much he bugs me.
Back to top Go down
charlottesweb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5398

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 9:06 pm

You rookies are going to be hooked on DWTS and will want to watch again
next year...Very Happy
Maksim, Juliet and Derek Hough are my favorites too.

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 9:08 pm

Mrs C wrote:
lovin wrote:

This is going to sound so catty, but that is the exact reason I want her to stay and go far. I want to rub it in his face! demon banana

Wow! I'm surprised at myself over how much he bugs me.

I'm with you Mrs. C so I guess I'm catty also. I really want her to do well and I'm really happy she's going to be on the show. To me this is totally different than the Bachelor and if people want to call her a famewhore or whatever because she's doing this show also, I don't care. I'm happy!! And I've talked to quite a few people since I heard that she was going to be on the show and they normally don't watch DWTS but they are going to now because of Melissa.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 9:11 pm

Count me in on the catty bus.... :flower:
Back to top Go down
luvmykitties
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 9:43 pm

Buxom wrote:
Cassandra wrote:
Lizbeth wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

Not sure I like it either.

I'm not sure either.

One one hand, (I posted this in another thread) - 'Master P' was kept on the show for 4 weeks, and it wasn't due to his dancing. As a matter of fact, he barely danced and gave it no effort at all. (nor was he funny - like some of the people who can't really dance well. they at least add great personality and fun to the dances - like Cloris). And as another matter of fact, he got the lowest score ever - an 8! (out of 30)
He was kept around for 4 weeks purely based on his fans.

But on the other hand, the judges (especially Len Goodman) didn't really care for Lance and Lacey last year and they probably would have been eliminated early if it was up to the judges. (I loved them!)

But I'm guessing it's final 2 based on the usual? (votes combined with judges scores). So the fans can still keep their favs on if they vote enough to keep them out of bottom 2.
Back to top Go down
luvmykitties
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 9:59 pm

wow - I can't believe Steve Wozniak is doing it! That should be 'interesting'. He seems so stiff!

I'm glad Julianne Hough is going to be back. Didn't they say last season that she was taking a break from it and wouldn't be on this season? (because she was going to focus on her music) Maybe because her husband is doing it.

Ugh, it seems like their keeping the group dancing (where they get scored on it) in this season. I didn't like that because one not so great dancer (aka Susan Lucci last year) ruins it for the whole group.
I'd rather they do group dances purely for entertainment purposes and not get scored on it. OR, have it be a low percentage counting towards their overall scores.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 9th 2009, 11:43 am

RS's take on Melissa replacing Nancy O'Dell

"As I’m sure most of you have heard by now, Melissa is going to be an injury replacement for Nancy O’Dell on “Dancing with the Stars” beginning tonight. Nancy O’Dell dropped out on Thursday, and news broke yesterday that Melissa was asked to do it. Which means she’s had a whopping four days to practice. I’m really surprised by some of the response I’m hearing in regards to Melissa “selling out” or “only doing this because she wants to be famous.” Huh? Once again, people will have their opinions on this one way or another, but this is how I see it:

1. She’s a last second injury replacement, so this basically just fell into her lap. She didn’t go out seeking this. This isn’t something she’s been in negotiations for for weeks. Nancy O’Dell just dropped out on Thursday.

2. She has a dance background, it’s her passion, so it’s not like she’s going on “Fear Factor”, or some other stupid dating show just so she could be on TV. I think the fact she turned down being the next “Bachelorette” shows more about her character and motivations than accepting this gig does.

3. She knows she can do well because of her background, the public already likes her, and she immediately becomes one of the favorites. Why wouldn’t you enter a competition that you know you can win?

4. With Nancy O’Dell dropping out Thursday, this is the latest ANYONE has ever dropped out of DWTS by far. If they’re find a replacement and give them only four days of rehearsal, they’re not going to pick someone with ZERO dance experience because they’ll just get voted off the first week. So of course they had to find someone who could dance, and she fits the bill perfectly. It’s ABC crossover, her name has been out there the last week, and she can dance.

5. She told Ellen on Wednesday “I just wanna go back to Dallas, get back to a normal life, and get away from reality TV” or whatever she said. She didn’t know about this opportunity when she said that, so to call her a liar just seems ignorant. Unless you think she knew about this all along, which she couldn’t have, since they announced the DWTS cast back on Feb. 9th and she wasn’t a part of it.

Seems to me that the people hating on her are the ones who didn’t like her in the first place or thought she was in on this whole scheme with the “Bachelor.” So whatever she does, you’ll never change those peoples minds.

http://www.realitysteve.com/
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 9th 2009, 11:57 am

He's to the point and correct.

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 9th 2009, 12:12 pm

I also wonder if ABC pressured her at all...wonder what her contract looks like with them? Is it over when The Bachelor ends or does she owe them time afterwards as well?

But yeah, I don't think there's a big deal about this at all. They needed someone and she's going to bring them ratings. I'm sure it was them searching her out for that purpose. And I say good for her! LOL
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 9th 2009, 12:15 pm

I do think ABC capitalized on this. The shows fan base will now jump up a bit because it's so fresh from her breakup.

Plus, she has dance experience so should be able to pick it up quickly.

The only part that worries me is her friend had mentioned that she had a tough time picking up a routine quickly.

I think she will make top 4

KayS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 9th 2009, 12:27 pm

I'm tired of Reality Steve, yes he did a good job of sleuthing and spoiling, but I don't think his word is gospel, some parts I didn't agree with. And if he wants to sell stuff, and people want to go around with an I Heart RS tshirt, well free enterprise I guess. Always comes down to the almighty dollar.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 9th 2009, 12:34 pm

I havent given him a second thought, flower.

Are people still visiting his site, religiously?

Meh, he is old news until he blogs for the bachelorette , IMO.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: