View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26
AuthorMessage
Bronwyn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 4:03 pm

Moody wrote:
flowerpower wrote:
The consensus at work this morning is Gilles got robbed. Oh well, like someone said, there are always youtubes of our faves and we can relive their dances over and over and over again.

Yup. I agree. I guess they don't have a DWTS thread a sucks. I went there to spew venom but came up empty handed. lol!

Moody, the Sucks thread for DWTS, is under The Other Shows That Suck category.

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/37482

I hope I did that right.
Back to top Go down
Moody
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 4:28 pm

Bronwyn wrote:
Moody wrote:
flowerpower wrote:
The consensus at work this morning is Gilles got robbed. Oh well, like someone said, there are always youtubes of our faves and we can relive their dances over and over and over again.

Yup. I agree. I guess they don't have a DWTS thread a sucks. I went there to spew venom but came up empty handed. lol!

Moody, the Sucks thread for DWTS, is under The Other Shows That Suck category.

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/37482

I hope I did that right.

Thanks. Fortunately I am over my venom now.. I will keep it for later. LOL
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 4:38 pm

That's interesting Tru. I wondered why they were so open about it. Makes more sense now.

Anyway, all 3 have some good memories, and opportunities after the show. Fanbase, can't argue with it. Not like she was a bad dancer at all.

I like the fact that Gilles got so far, since he DIDN'T have a fanbase built in, like Shawn and Melissa.

All 3 have talent, and gave us entertainment for sure.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 4:39 pm

I'm shocked. That DWTS thread at Sucks is almost civil, roflol!

I think Shawn's freestyle is what got her the win. The other two freestyles just didn't pass muster!
Back to top Go down
mad

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 5:08 pm

ndd123 wrote:
Anybody think there Is there something between Mark and Shawn?
I have for weeks! Between the long adoring looks, him always calling her babe- really!?, and then the prom thing, well that just did it. lol

Surprised by a Shawn win, really thought Gilles had it in the bag.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 5:10 pm

mad wrote:
ndd123 wrote:
Anybody think there Is there something between Mark and Shawn?
I have for weeks! Between the long adoring looks, him always calling her babe- really!?, and then the prom thing, well that just did it. lol

Surprised by a Shawn win, really thought Gilles had it in the bag.

ewwwwwwwwwwww
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 5:12 pm

I don't think Shawn & Mark have a thing.
He has a girlfriend & she was even at the finale,
so i doubt there's anything going on.
i think he see's her as a bestfriend/sister.

& calling her babe.
Lacey used to call Steve-o babe, & there was nothing going on there.

but hey i think that Shawn & Mark would make a very cute couple:)
Back to top Go down
mad

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 5:14 pm

For her age, Mark calling her babe so sweetly time and time again just weirded me out and led me to one conclusion. Oops. haha
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 5:16 pm

trubeliver wrote:
I think it is mean to call Shawn fat also. She is a beautiful, delightful young girl. She was a great dancer and won fair and square. I am not in the camp that believes ABC fixes the vote for anyone. I wouldn't have thought that regardless of who won. Sadly had Melissa won many today would be saying the fix was in.

I don't mean to take a thing away from her because she (as well as Gilles and Melissa) deserved to be in the Finals and to win, IMO. All three were great.

I think what gave her the edge in votes was her own huge fanbase plus the Houghs asking their fans to vote for she and Mark. I don't think they 'hated' Melissa or Gilles just that Mark is their BFF (and Derek's band mate, can anyone say publicity) and they wanted him to win in what most are saying is his last season. This is the only season any of the pros have solicitated votes for any contestant other than the one they dance with. It was considered a professional 'no-no'. I think it happened this time because both Derek and Juliann as well as Mark do not intend to return to DWTS (at least next seaon and maybe never). They felt safe from any repercussions from their fellow pros and TPTB.

Julianne is just taking next season off to focus on her music.
Derek said he will be back next season.
i have no idea for Mark.
Back to top Go down
petiteabeille
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 9:59 pm

trubeliver wrote:
I think it is mean to call Shawn fat also. She is a beautiful, delightful young girl. She was a great dancer and won fair and square. I am not in the camp that believes ABC fixes the vote for anyone. I wouldn't have thought that regardless of who won. Sadly had Melissa won many today would be saying the fix was in.

I don't mean to take a thing away from her because she (as well as Gilles and Melissa) deserved to be in the Finals and to win, IMO. All three were great.

I think what gave her the edge in votes was her own huge fanbase plus the Houghs asking their fans to vote for she and Mark. I don't think they 'hated' Melissa or Gilles just that Mark is their BFF (and Derek's band mate, can anyone say publicity) and they wanted him to win in what most are saying is his last season. This is the only season any of the pros have solicitated votes for any contestant other than the one they dance with. It was considered a professional 'no-no'. I think it happened this time because both Derek and Juliann as well as Mark do not intend to return to DWTS (at least next seaon and maybe never). They felt safe from any repercussions from their fellow pros and TPTB.

I know Derek was asking his fans to vote for Shawn and Mark, but Julianne said she was rooting for Melissa and Tony because Tony had never won before. So I guess she doesn't care about the Ballas-Hough winning streak like Derek does. I don't know if she asked her fans to vote for them though.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 10:22 pm

First Shawn and now Kris. It's been a bad day for this reality tv fan. demon banana
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 10:24 pm

LMAO

Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 20th 2009, 10:59 pm

Moody wrote:
First Shawn and now Kris. It's been a bad day for this reality tv fan. demon banana

Who's taller Kris or Shawn? Tomorrow is a new day:)
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 21st 2009, 7:25 am

thatgirl wrote:
Moody wrote:

Who's taller Kris or Shawn? Tomorrow is a new day:)

lol!
Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 21st 2009, 9:41 am

This is mean, but even though Shawn can dance, I found her gymnastic's body a distraction. She is so short and muscular that for me, it takes away from the dance. I have been conditioned to see dancer's as light and lean and elongated. Shame on me for saying this, but I preferred Melissa's lines when she danced.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   May 21st 2009, 9:43 am

You're not the only one to think that, thatgirl. scared
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17284

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   June 10th 2009, 6:27 pm

I heard on the radio this afternoon that Vera Wang was going to be on the next DWTS, so I decided to check the internet to see if I could find something and I found this.

Fashion Designer Vera Wang Headed to Dancing?

Marc Malkin Marc Malkin – Tue Jun 9, 7:24 pm ET
Los Angeles (E! Online) – Dancing With the Stars is getting a little more fashionable.
A source tells E! News that designer Vera Wang has signed on to compete for next season's disco ball trophy...
Wang, who will be 60 by the time the next round of waltzing kicks off in the fall, rose from Vogue editor to one of the world's most famous wedding dress designers. She not only dresses celebs on the red carpet now, but she has her own home collection, plus a lower-priced clothing collection at Kohl's.
As a young girl, Wang trained as a professional figure skater. She later designed costumes for Nancy Kerrigan and Michelle Kwan. Another famous figure skater, Kristi Yamaguchi, won season six of DWTS.
A rep for Wang did not immediately comment. As is usually the case, an ABC rep declined to comment on casting.
ABC just announced today that season nine will premiere with a three-night, five-hour extravaganza on Sept. 21.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090609/en_top_eo/128365
Back to top Go down
mad

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   June 10th 2009, 7:39 pm

FIVE hours, geeeeze.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   June 28th 2009, 11:41 am

Julianne Hough joins 'Footloose' remake

By Jay A. Fernandez and Borys Kit

"Dancing With the Stars" mainstay Julianne Hough will be punching her card for "Footloose."

The dancer, singer and choreographer will join Chace Crawford for her feature film debut in Paramount's remake of the 1984 film, assuming her scheduling works for the March shoot.

Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer starred in the original, which told the story of a rebellious outsider who moves to a new town where music and dancing are banned and proceeds to shake everything up.

Kenny Ortega ("High School Musical") is producing and directing the feature, and Susannah Grant ("The Soloist") wrote the most recent screenplay.

Craig Zadan, who also produced the 1984 original, Neil Meron and Dylan Sellers ("Agent Cody Banks") are also producing. Zadan and Meron were also behind the feature musicals "Hairspray" and "Chicago."
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   July 4th 2009, 6:12 pm

‘Dancing judge Goodman battles cancer;

‘Dancing’ judge Goodman battling cancer Wow, what a secret. “Dancing With the Stars” judge Len Goodman was diagnosed with cancer in March but kept it a secret until after the show finished filming, reports London’s Daily Mail.

Goodman had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in his prostate gland three weeks ago without telling his colleagues.

“I have had the surgery now,” said the 65-year-old Goodman. “Everything is gorgeously good. I will be back in September for sure.”

He credited his speedy recovery to doctors spotting the disease early at his annual checkup.

“I feel good,” he said. “I was obviously worried at the start. We all worry if we get something like this. You do feel a bit vulnerable, but as long as you come out the other side all right, why worry?”
Back to top Go down
JWChitown
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2210

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   July 4th 2009, 8:10 pm

adrixoxo...

Thanks for bringing the info here.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 26 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: