View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
summer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1683
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 9:19 am

http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pn=about

An all new cast of celebrities hits the dance floor on ABC's Dancing with the Stars with the highly anticipated two-hour season premiere MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2009 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on ABC. Season Eight introduces us to 13 new stars including the youngest competitor to date, an NFL legend, a computer icon, a female rapper, three music artists, and a Wildboy. Additionally, love is a battlefield, when for the first time three real life couples take the ballroom floor. Husband and wife, Ty Murray and Jewel, compete for bragging rights while newly engaged professional dancers, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff, go head-to-head. To top it off, country crooner, Chuck Wicks teams with girlfriend and two-time Dancing with the Stars champ, Julianne Hough.

Dancing with the Stars returns with new surprises and all the elements viewers have come to know and love including the Kids Ballroom competition. Macy's Stars of Dance, which features some of the most renowned dancers and choreographers of our time will also be back on Dancing with the Stars the Results Show along with its hugely popular Design a Dance competition. Design a Dance is sponsored by Macy's and made its debut last season. In addition, couples will once again take part in a team dance, group dance and face off as well as perform the Argentine Tango and East Coast Swing; a first in the series. And in an exciting new twist, the bottom two couples facing elimination will Dance Off to determine who is dismissed in the first weeks of competition.

BELINDA CARLISLE
DAVID ALAN GRIER
JEWEL
SHAWN JOHNSON
LIL' KIM
GILLES MARINI
STEVE-O
TY MURRAY
NANCY O'DELL
DENISE RICHARDS
CHUCK WICKS
LAWRENCE TAYLOR
STEVE WOZNIAK
Back to top Go down
Kimmie
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 9:36 am

dance

Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 11:28 am

Already?

Thanks summer Smile
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 11:44 am

I'm glad that Julianne is back but I thought she said at the end of last season that she was going to take a break and concentrate on her music....and her bf is her partner, that kind of gives them an advantage I would think (not that she isn't an amazing dancer and teacher). Not sure what I think about the stars though.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 12:12 pm

Here's a photo gallery of the competitors in case you can't quite place them.

Dancing With the Stars photos
Back to top Go down
Tracy
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2882

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 1:20 pm

Yuck Denise Richards.I have not liked her for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 1:58 pm

hm, i am liking the chuck wicks guy, the sex and the city guy, lil kim, and the gymnast!!

jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 6:55 pm

I'm liking Chuck and Shawn
Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12117

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 8:11 pm

Is it true? Steve-O, from Jackass is going to be...gulp...dancing? I have got to see this. demon banana
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 9:17 pm

What an interesting cast! Is Chuck Wick the country star that is/was dating Julianna Hough? I could be mixed up with my country crooners.
I was so hoping Maureen McCormick, aka Marcia Brady, would dance this season!
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 9:19 pm

ebowers wrote:
What an interesting cast! Is Chuck Wick the country star that is/was dating Julianna Hough? I could be mixed up with my country crooners.

Yes and I think they are partners
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 9:24 pm

Buxom wrote:
ebowers wrote:

Yes and I think they are partners

They are partners this season. Also the only one that I have heard other than Julianne is Maksim his partner is Denise Richards heard it on Entertainment tonight.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 9:29 pm

He is probably the reason she came back...wasn't Julianna going to focus on her singing and so she said she would not be on dancing for awhile?? I am so glad she is dancing and that they are partners!! I'll bet Shawn gets Derrick???

ETA: I love Nancy O'Dell!!!

Last edited by ebowers on February 9th 2009, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 9:29 pm

Thanks Summer and CJ for the information....

I like a lot of the dancers so it should be interesting...

Cool
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 9th 2009, 11:04 pm

ebowers wrote:
He is probably the reason she came back...wasn't Julianna going to focus on her singing and so she said she would not be on dancing for awhile?? I am so glad she is dancing and that they are partners!! I'll bet Shawn gets Derrick???

ETA: I love Nancy O'Dell!!!

I said that too ebowers, I thought she was going to take a break. I hope that Derek gets a good partner!
Back to top Go down
charlottesweb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5398

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 10th 2009, 1:06 am

I don't know many of these stars real well and few i do know I don't care for.
I usually like who is paired with my favorite professional.

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 10th 2009, 1:57 am

I don't have a favorite yet but I am anxious for the show to get started!

I know it is not going to happen but each time the cast is announced for a new DWTS and Amazing Race I have a moment of hope that I will see the name Janelle Pierzina.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 10th 2009, 7:39 am

trubeliver wrote:
I don't have a favorite yet but I am anxious for the show to get started!

I know it is not going to happen but each time the cast is announced for a new DWTS and Amazing Race I have a moment of hope that I will see the name Janelle Pierzina.

Janelle really keeps herself out of the Hollywood eye doesn't she? I have heard she is a great dancer but the general public wouldn't know who she is anymore. She would do it if someone handed it to her. LOL
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   February 11th 2009, 5:12 pm

"After being sworn to secrecy about appearing on 'Dancing With the Stars,' Steve-O was acting so strange that his friends and family feared he was using drugs again. But the sober 'Jackass' stuntman was just "squirming around" with excitement because he couldn't wait to share the news."
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 5th 2009, 7:34 am

Tax trial opens for ‘Dancing with the Stars’ champ

On top of the world a few months ago, Brazilian race car driver and
“Dancing with the Stars” champ Helio Castroneves faces possible prison
time if convicted at a tax evasion trial that began Monday with
selection of a jury.

An ethnically diverse panel of five men and seven women was chosen to hear the case,
with attorneys' opening statements set for Tuesday.
Castroneves, a two-time winner of the Indianapolis 500,
smiled broadly as he entered Miami's downtown federal courthouse.
Prosecutors say Castroneves, his business-manager sister Katiucia and
Michigan attorney Alan R. Miller conspired to hide about $5.5 million
in income from the Internal Revenue Service using offshore accounts.
Castroneves claims he relied on experts to advise him on handling finances. He also
says his father controlled a Panamanian entity called Seven Promotions
at the heart of the prosecution's case.
Castroneves claims the money Seven Promotions received wasn't his tax liability
because the income was for his father, who had financed and promoted
his son's career for over 10 years.
Castroneves, his sister and Miller also deny acting "willfully" to evade taxes
and that they took improper deductions.
Under federal sentencing guidelines, Castroneves, 33, could get more than
six years in prison if convicted of conspiracy and tax evasion from 1999 to 2004.
That would short-circuit a brilliant racing career that began in Sao Paulo,
Brazil, where a youthful Castroneves broke into the sport by driving
go-carts.
Before the trial, U.S. District Judge Donald Graham
rejected defense efforts to introduce a large amount of racing
memorabilia and numerous photos of Castroneves' rise from obscurity to
the pinnacle of his sport.
"It seems to me that many of these exhibits are far afield of the issues in this case," Graham said.
During questioning of prospective jurors, many said they had watched Castroneves
either in a race or on the TV dance competition, which he won in 2007.
"I watched him every week on 'Dancing With The Stars'
and you feel like you know the person," a female member of the jury
pool said. Asked by prosecutor Matt Axelrod if that would impact her
ability to be impartial, the woman answered, "Probably."
A male prospective juror said he had called in to vote for Castroneves 12
times on the TV show. "I was a huge fan of his," the man said. Neither
of the two were seated on the jury.
Defense questions focused mainly on whether jurors relied on professional
expertise to file their taxes and whether they expected to pay the
least amount possible under the law.
The trial is expected to take up to six weeks, and Castroneves has already been
temporarily replaced on Team Penske by Australian driver Will Power for the
Indy Racing League season that starts April 5 in St. Petersburg.
Two other prominent Latin American drivers — Brazilian Tony Kanaan and Colombian Juan Pablo Montoya
— may testify on Castroneves' behalf, along with Miami philanthropist Adrienne Arsht.
Miller, a former professional football player turned attorney, has former Buffalo Bills
quarterback and ex-U.S. House member Jack Kemp and racing mogul Roger Penske on his witness list.
The defense legal team also sports some big names: Miller is represented by Robert Bennett,
who was President Bill Clinton's lawyer in the Paula Jones sexual harassment case; Roy Black,
who represented radio host Rush Limbaugh in his prescription drug misuse case is
there on behalf of Castroneves.
Castroneves, who lives in Coral Gables, won the Indy 500 in 2001 and 2002,
then rocketed to even greater fame in 2007 by winning the television show
dancing competition with partner Julianne Hough. Castroneves and his co-defendants were indicted Oct. 2.

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 6th 2009, 11:03 am

Nancy O'Dell has dropped out of competition. Torn knee cartilage. She and Jewel are to take part in the premiere. Replacements not yet named although Holly Madison (Girls Next Door) is rumored to be Jewel's replacement.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16373

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 6th 2009, 6:30 pm

Very Happy I am excited about this show to start. I can't wait to see how Shawn Johnson does, I bet she will do well. My daughter who is a competitive gymnast was glued to the TV last summer watching Nastia and Shawn compete.

I saw a commercial for it for the first time today, it looks like its going to be a good season. I hope so anyway
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1048

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 6th 2009, 6:33 pm

We have already lost 2 dancers to injuries.....Nancy O'Dell and I can't remember the other one.

Edited to add: Jewell is the other injured that is out. They are trying to get both replaced.

adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 6th 2009, 8:51 pm

Ahh i can't wait..
i'm rooting for steve-O!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35519
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 11:55 am

Bringing this over from the Bachelor thread!!

MELISSA ON DWTS

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/08/source-bachelors-melissa-rycroft-to-join-dancing-with-the-stars/
Jilted by Jason Mesnick on the season finale of The Bachelor, Melissa Rycroft will rebound nicely — on Dancing With the Stars, PEOPLE has learned.
Rycroft, 25, is to fill the slot vacated by Access Hollywood host Nancy O’Dell, who had to withdraw from the competition on March 5 due to a knee injury. According to a source close to the production, the Dallas beauty, who has had only days to rehearse, is expected to perform live on Dancing’s Monday premiere.
Girl Next Door Holly Madison is believed to be taking over for singer Jewel, who also withdrew due to injury. Both Jewel and O’Dell have expressed their desire to return to the ballroom in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
CanadianDawn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 12:09 pm

Awwww crapola!!!! I am going to miss the premiere!!! I leave for Vegas tomorrow morning!!! BLAH!!! lol

I hope it will be on youtube lol I am going to have to watch this season now that Melissa is going to be on.

Enjoy the show tomorrow night ladies, looking forward to reading all about your thoughts when I get home!!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 12:11 pm

witchiepoo wrote:
Awwww crapola!!!! I am going to miss the premiere!!! I leave for Vegas tomorrow morning!!! BLAH!!! lol

I hope it will be on youtube lol I am going to have to watch this season now that Melissa is going to be on.

Enjoy the show tomorrow night ladies, looking forward to reading all about your thoughts when I get home!!

Me too. I said in The Bachelor thread I don't generally watch this show, but now that I have someone to root for I am going to be all over it! :getdown: Woo Hoo
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1048

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 12:16 pm

Will be glad to have some new watchers added to the rest of us....especially you Moody cuz you bring your enthusiasm demon banana demon banana demon banana

bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 12:26 pm

Molly has lying bastard Jason...Melissa has America's heart and a starring role on ABC's flagship tv show DWTS! I bet she is really good, since she was a cheerleader. This is a fantasy come true for all of us Melissa fans!

Sydney2

Number of posts : 16373

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 12:55 pm

This is exciting! I can't wait for the show to start dance
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 1:27 pm

dance Great news
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 2:44 pm

OMG I'm so excited that Mel is going to be on DWTS YAHOO!! I love this show and this really gives me someone to root for. Isn't Tony her partner? I can't remember who Nancy was paired with. Looking forward to Mondays again. YAY!
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 2:50 pm

lovin wrote:
OMG I'm so excited that Mel is going to be on DWTS YAHOO!! I love this show and this really gives me someone to root for. Isn't Tony her partner? I can't remember who Nancy was paired with. Looking forward to Mondays again. YAY!

Yes Tony is her partner.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:09 pm

So exciting! Told DH and he said 'too bad she isn't partnered with Maks, he knows how to show off his partner, not himself' LOL

Think I'll be watching more episodes this time around Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:14 pm

Yea!! I only watch when there is nothing else on, but now I have my dvr set! I'm happy for Melissa and I hope she kicks butt dance
Back to top Go down
LuvTV

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:16 pm

Now I'm Very Happy ! I've had fun posting with all of you on the Bach threads. I got hooked on this BB all over again when DH was on a business trip and I had a few spare moments to post. That Jason boy just pissed me off so had to vent about that one.Cool
Does this start tomorrow night?
I'm a rookie watching this show. Does the audience vote who comes back or the judges?
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:32 pm

I am a rookie too LuvTV. Someone tell us what to expect!
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:36 pm

Judges give them a 1-10 score and then the audience votes. The two scores are combined to get a winner.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:43 pm

I love this show and watched every season (although some seasons I only really got into it when they were down to only 4 or 6 couples - depending on who's left.)

That's cool that Melissa is going to be on it!
Back to top Go down
Lizbeth
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   March 8th 2009, 5:47 pm

LuvTV wrote:
Now I'm Very Happy ! I've had fun posting with all of you on the Bach threads. I got hooked on this BB all over again when DH was on a business trip and I had a few spare moments to post. That Jason boy just pissed me off so had to vent about that one.Cool
Does this start tomorrow night?
I'm a rookie watching this show. Does the audience vote who comes back or the judges?
Glad to see you posting. Very Happy

It's both the judges and the audience vote. Three judges give scores on a 10 point scale. They take the total amount of points given by the judges and assign a percentage to each of the contestants based upon their scores. They also assign a percentage for each contestant based upon the total votes from the fans. Then they average the two percentages together, and that's the order they place.

I love DWTS. There are people there for exposure, of course, but they all seem to have a pretty good time. It's the kind of thing you wish you could do in real life....just go away for a couple of months to concentrate on something as enjoyable as dancing. It's like they all get to go to camp for adults or something. It's incredible how some can improve so much after just a few weeks. I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars 8 Show Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 26Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: