all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 
 

 TLC Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: TLC Shows   January 19th 2008, 8:40 pm

Does anyone ever watch this show. I remember that I could never miss it, I used to love the show, Paige Davis and my favorite designer is Laurie Hickson-Smith, she seems to have the same taste as me. Anyway, when Paige left and then Ty and some of the other regulars, the show really went down hill and I haven't watched it in ages. I've just read that they are revamping the show and bringing Paige back. Maybe I'll tune in again. Here's the article about Paige's return.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/tlc-confirms-paige-davis-trading-spaces-return-reveals-revamp-6107.php


Last edited by Jack'd on March 3rd 2008, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   January 21st 2008, 6:08 pm

Thanks for the link Jack'd. I didn't even know that Paige had been fired. I used to watch this show and While You Were Out all the time, but stopped for one reason or another. Maybe i'll check it out again.

Do you watch any other shows on TLC? Sydney and I were talking about how much we loved Jon & Kate Plus 8. I also love Take Home Chef and Miami Ink.
Back to top Go down
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star


Number of posts : 1927
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   January 21st 2008, 6:13 pm

I use to love Trading Spaces. I actually didn't know it was still on the air. I'm glad they are bringing Paige back. She was fun.

Thanks for the link, jackd.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   January 21st 2008, 6:28 pm

OMG Jane, yes I love Jon & Kate. They are on tonight, new episode too, and I also love Little People LOL Embarassed . I got my Mom hooked on Little People, but she says she can't stand watching Jon & Kate cause there's too much crying and Kate is always bitching Very Happy

I also like Discovery Health. I love watching Mystery Diagnosis and all those bizarre stories like the woman who was pregnant for 60 something years LOL, or the man that was 1/2 tree, it's freakin unbelievable afraid I'm weird like that though :flower:
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   January 21st 2008, 6:48 pm

1/2 tree???? You're gonna have to explain that one to me!

I watch Little People too! Did you see the episode with the trebuchet accident? So scary!

I love Jon and Kate's interaction; they're very funny together. The kids are just adorable. Aaden, the little professor, is my favorite. I loved that episode where they went to the zoo and he and the zookeeper were bonding over their love of animals. Awwwwwww...so cute!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   January 21st 2008, 6:59 pm

JaneDoe wrote:
1/2 tree???? You're gonna have to explain that one to me!

I watch Little People too! Did you see the episode with the trebuchet accident? So scary!

I love Jon and Kate's interaction; they're very funny together. The kids are just adorable. Aaden, the little professor, is my favorite. I loved that episode where they went to the zoo and he and the zookeeper were bonding over their love of animals. Awwwwwww...so cute!

Jane, this episode was so freakin weird, I was so sad for him but so grossed out at the same time. I couldn't believe my eyes and then of course, I fell asleep lol! so I don't know if the Dr. ever helped him. I'm sure it will be on again. Here's the clip of the American Dr. that goes to his village to meet the tree guy. Beware, it's creepy and at first, I thought it was bull shit.

http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/4507

Oh, I love Aaden with those glasses, they're all so cute and yes, I've seen every episode of Little People and Jon & Kate. Sometimes though, I wish Kate wouldn't talk to Jon the way she does out in public, but I can't even imagine what she goes through on a daily basis, I probably would be smacking my husband upside his head if I had to live with that much stress of having 8 kids afraid I loved where that Dr. gave her a tummy tuck for free, that was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   January 21st 2008, 7:02 pm

Jane, this is a better clip of the tree man, better explains his condition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJLG85gn0bc
Back to top Go down
Sydney2
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 16365
Location : Toronto
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   January 22nd 2008, 9:33 am

I love Jon and Kate Plus 8 and I also like the Little People. Did you guys watch Jon and Kate last night? Jane you are so right about their interaction together I think they are so funny! I think to survive that many kids you have to have humor, I would go crazy I think. I love Aaden he is so cute, I also really like Hannah.

I also watched the tree man it was really creepy. What a horrible condition to have.

I watch TLC alot, When I was at home on bed rest with the twins I watched A Baby Story all the time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   January 22nd 2008, 10:47 am

Jack'd wrote:
Jane, this is a better clip of the tree man, better explains his condition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJLG85gn0bc

What a sad story! I did some googling after watching that and it says his condition was caused by HPV, but the doctor thought they could treat it. Apparently there was some controversy with the Indonesian health minister and i don't know if he was allowed to be treated or not.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   January 22nd 2008, 10:55 am

Sydney2 wrote:
I love Jon and Kate Plus 8 and I also like the Little People. Did you guys watch Jon and Kate last night? Jane you are so right about their interaction together I think they are so funny! I think to survive that many kids you have to have humor, I would go crazy I think. I love Aaden he is so cute, I also really like Hannah.

I also watched the tree man it was really creepy. What a horrible condition to have.

I watch TLC alot, When I was at home on bed rest with the twins I watched A Baby Story all the time Very Happy

Awww...Hannah...mommy's little helper. Leah was so cute last night when she was telling everyone about her trip to the eye doctor. I love her b/c she's a really happy child, always smiling Very Happy

Oh and Aaden last night with his "I need a hug..." So adorable. One of my favorite things to watch is the kids with Jon b/c you can tell how much they love him. I guess the don't see him a lot, b/c when he is at home, they just want to be around him all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 16365
Location : Toronto
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   January 22nd 2008, 1:36 pm

JaneDoe wrote:
Sydney2 wrote:
I love Jon and Kate Plus 8 and I also like the Little People. Did you guys watch Jon and Kate last night? Jane you are so right about their interaction together I think they are so funny! I think to survive that many kids you have to have humor, I would go crazy I think. I love Aaden he is so cute, I also really like Hannah.

I also watched the tree man it was really creepy. What a horrible condition to have.

I watch TLC alot, When I was at home on bed rest with the twins I watched A Baby Story all the time Very Happy

Awww...Hannah...mommy's little helper. Leah was so cute last night when she was telling everyone about her trip to the eye doctor. I love her b/c she's a really happy child, always smiling Very Happy

Oh and Aaden last night with his "I need a hug..." So adorable. One of my favorite things to watch is the kids with Jon b/c you can tell how much they love him. I guess the don't see him a lot, b/c when he is at home, they just want to be around him all the time.

I wondered the same thing Jane.. I noticed that whenever he is home they are all over him. Do you remember the episode when they were putting up shelves in the garage? or the one when he was painting the twins new room? After the remodel of the house was done. The kids were calling him and demanding to just see him. I think its a great show and really enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   February 12th 2008, 12:32 pm

Did you guys watch Jon & Kate Behind-the-Scenes last night? I thought it was really fun and interesting. I was surprised to learn that they tape all year long, and i agree with Kate - i can't believe she's tolerated it this long, knowing her personality. My fav part of the episode was watching the crew interact with the kids....so cute!
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 7278
Location : In a van down by the river
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   February 12th 2008, 1:34 pm

We watch Jon & Kate every week...love it, not sure whats better, Jon and Kate or the eight! Its so interesting all the different personalities in that house. Jon and Kate are so different, the twins are night and day and then the six little ones, all with unique habits etc... I can actually tell them all apart just by what they are doing! Love this show. Kate needs to work on her OCD for her own health and sanitity! Can you imagine washing your kitchen floor 3 times a day?

Oops, I just realized maybe thats normal, but not in my house! Embarassed

_________________
I love Janelle for being brutally honest. Thatís what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesnít make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   March 3rd 2008, 6:29 pm

cheers New season of Little People LOL.

1st 1/2 hr. "Before the Trial"
Matt goes to court to learn the date of his DUI trial; Matt works with Amy to prepare his defense.


2nd 1/2 hr. "Matt on Trial"
When the DUI trial begins, Matt worries about his chances with the jury.


This should be interesting. I never heard anything in the news whether or not he was sent to the big house or not. Wouldn't you think that someone his size would only need like two drinks to be considered intoxicated?


Also tonight the Gosselins go Skiing - The Gosselin family heads to Park City, Utah, for its first ski vacation that includes ski school for the children, snowboarding for Jon and spa treatments for Kate.

I'm a happy camper lol! :geek:
Back to top Go down
Rayneydaze
Houseguest
Houseguest
avatar

Number of posts : 324
Location : Packer Country
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   March 3rd 2008, 8:24 pm

Jack'd.....

I watched the Half Man Half Tree show too....in the middle of the night one night. I was grossed out but just could not stop watching. Did you see the part where he performs as part of a "freak show" for lack of a better word? Well anyway, the doctor WAS able to figure it out and get word to the reporter guy who went to tell Tree man's family the good news. Well, for some reason, Tree man was off performing and he refused the doctors help. I was terribly disappointed with the end, because I stayed up late just to see him get better (always looking for a happy ending here...lol), and then the pay off wasn't there. It sure WAS a strange show, wasn't it??

And on a different note, I love John and Kate....I think of her and her OCD saying that she mops her floors three times a day, and then I look at the kernel of corn on my kitchen floor that got missed from the day before and the dinner dishes still in the sink, decide that I need a break and pour myself a glass of wine and go watch tv!! Hey....I have my priorities....they aren't straight, but I have 'em!!
LOL....and only TWO kids live here! Smile

_________________
"If you insist on measuring yourself, try putting the measuring tape around your heart instead of your waist!"
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   March 3rd 2008, 9:30 pm

Rayneydaze wrote:
Jack'd.....

I watched the Half Man Half Tree show too....in the middle of the night one night. I was grossed out but just could not stop watching. Did you see the part where he performs as part of a "freak show" for lack of a better word? Well anyway, the doctor WAS able to figure it out and get word to the reporter guy who went to tell Tree man's family the good news. Well, for some reason, Tree man was off performing and he refused the doctors help. I was terribly disappointed with the end, because I stayed up late just to see him get better (always looking for a happy ending here...lol), and then the pay off wasn't there. It sure WAS a strange show, wasn't it??

And on a different note, I love John and Kate....I think of her and her OCD saying that she mops her floors three times a day, and then I look at the kernel of corn on my kitchen floor that got missed from the day before and the dinner dishes still in the sink, decide that I need a break and pour myself a glass of wine and go watch tv!! Hey....I have my priorities....they aren't straight, but I have 'em!!
LOL....and only TWO kids live here! Smile

Rayney, I never got to see the end of the Tree Man, damn. I'm sorry that he never accepted the help he so desperately needed, what a God awful condition he had. LOL about your kernel of corn on the floor, I'm a lot like Kate, I have two dogs but the way I go around with a rag in my hand all day, you would think I had as many kids as Kate. I can totally relate to her OCD, although I think she may have me beat. I don't blame you though, I wish I could be more like that, it would make life a lot easier for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sweetcheeks
All Star
All Star


Number of posts : 1082
Location : Under my thumb
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   March 9th 2008, 3:24 pm

How about What Not to Wear? Does anyone else still watch that? Stacey and Clinton have really grown on me over time and I still enjoy watching this show.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   March 26th 2008, 11:44 am

sweetcheeks wrote:
How about What Not to Wear? Does anyone else still watch that? Stacey and Clinton have really grown on me over time and I still enjoy watching this show.

I used to watch re-runs of it all the time. What i like even better than the wardrobe makeover is the hair makeover. It completely changes a person's look and Nick Arrojo is brilliant.

_________________
Moderator
We're TEXAS.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   March 26th 2008, 6:40 pm

Did anyone watch Jon & Kate this week? I really enjoyed the episode where they took Leah and Joel out and spent alone time with each of them. Great idea and it was fun to get to know their personalities more and hear what Jon and Kate had to say about them. Next week is Aaden and Alexis(?) and Aeden gets to go to the farm.

_________________
Moderator
We're TEXAS.
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 7278
Location : In a van down by the river
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   March 26th 2008, 6:49 pm

Quote :
Nick Arrojo is brilliant
I Love Him!



Quote :
Did anyone watch Jon & Kate this week? I really enjoyed the episode where they took Leah and Joel out and spent alone time with each of them. Great idea and it was fun to get to know their personalities more and hear what Jon and Kate had to say about them. Next week is Aaden and Alexis(?) and Aeden gets to go to the farm.

Love this show, and its awesome they are doing one kid things, really fun!

_________________
I love Janelle for being brutally honest. Thatís what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesnít make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
sweetcheeks
All Star
All Star


Number of posts : 1082
Location : Under my thumb
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   March 30th 2008, 2:27 pm

Quote :
I used to watch re-runs of it all the time. What i like even better than the wardrobe makeover is the hair makeover. It completely changes a person's look and Nick Arrojo is brilliant.

Me too!! I would love to have Nick do my hair.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   June 5th 2008, 9:43 pm

I found this at the FORT. How sad for everyone, I liked the guy on the show, he understood Matt so well and from what I can tell, that's not an easy task. This is what John Ritter died of too right?

Roloff Farms
June 5, 2008


Friends,

Yesterday afternoon, as I finished up the summer newsletter and set it to be sent out this morning, I had no idea I would be announcing such tragic news several hours later.

It is with the deepest sadness and devastation that we must inform our friends and fans of the passing of our extended family member, Mike Detjen.

For the past eight years Mike has been a business partner, brother, coach, friend, and confidant. He was truly like an uncle to our kids.

It was with complete and sudden surprise last evening when Mike was rushed to the hospital from his soccer club board meeting. At the time, it was believed he was having a heart attack.

Amy and all our kids rushed to the hospital to be by his side. Coherent and alert, Mike was rushed into emergency surgery for a torn aorta.

An aortic dissection is very serious, but the prognosis was that they would be able to repair the rupture in the 5+ hour operation.

Unfortunately, Mike did not make it through the procedure.

Mike passed with many loved ones and friends that cared deeply for him. We especially extend our condolences to Mike's family. Our kids are all devastated and beside themselves with grief. We will miss Mike dearly as a friend and loved one.

We celebrate Mike's life as one of compassion and service to those he cared about. He was the driving force behind the area soccer club. He dedicated countless hours and his personal resources to his love of soccer and the local kids that enjoyed it. Mike not only taught my kids to play but how to love the game and practice good sportsmanship as well.

Mike was a deeply faithful man, and though we mourn his loss, we take solace in the knowledge that he has gone to his heavenly home.

Condolences may be sent to kaitlin@mattroloff.com. We will be gathering the responses to give to Mike's sons, Tim and Jason Detjen. In lieu of flowers, donations can be sent to the organization Mike was the most passionate about, the Hillsboro Soccer Club.


Hillsboro Soccer Club
2074 NW Alocleck Dr., Suite 415
Hillsboro, OR 97124

We are in the process of setting up a donation fund through PayPal. You should be able to give online through our website in the next couple of days.

Thank you for sharing our grief and sorrow in this time of earthly heartache.

Sincerely,
Matt, Amy, Zach, Jeremy, Molly, and Jacob
Back to top Go down
skye282
Head of Household
Head of Household
avatar

Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   June 5th 2008, 9:56 pm

Thats terrible news for the family, I've watched that show since the start and he was a big part of their family.
Back to top Go down
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 7278
Location : In a van down by the river
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   June 6th 2008, 1:17 am

That is sad news, he wasn't very old was he?

_________________
I love Janelle for being brutally honest. Thatís what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesnít make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   June 6th 2008, 3:09 pm

LaLa wrote:
That is sad news, he wasn't very old was he?

He was 58 Sad Way too soon.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star
avatar

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   July 24th 2008, 5:18 pm

Some new shows on TLC:

Rock the Reception
Say Yes to the Dress
Must Love Kids

anybody watching?

_________________
Moderator
We're TEXAS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TLC Shows   

Back to top Go down
 
TLC Shows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: