Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 7th 2008, 2:01 pm

I like Analeigh and Mckey, Margarine needs to grow up why be on a show like this if you don't have the confidence. I was surprised that Elina was only 18.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 14th 2008, 10:17 am

Marjorie went home last night and it was time.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 14th 2008, 11:21 am

LOL icecoffee....
i can see why

Moody

Number of posts : 41511
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 14th 2008, 11:46 am

Poor Majorie!!! LOL

Ok so it will probably be Mckey and Analeigh in the final two. They are polar opposites. Mckey is very high fashion and Analeigh is very spokes model, so I guess it will depend on what they want.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 14th 2008, 1:29 pm

I like both, but I like Analeigh best for some reason.

Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 19th 2008, 7:06 pm

Season finale tonight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bryanna
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 19th 2008, 8:12 pm

That was the most anti-climatic season finale in a really long time. At least for me. My favourites tend to somehow end up making it to the final two and usually end up winning...yeah, not this time at all haha.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 19th 2008, 8:17 pm

I thought for sure the one booted would have been in the final 2, but my choice for winner, won cheers
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 19th 2008, 8:20 pm

I was watching Bones... can you put a spoiler tag and tell me who won Mrs. C? I'm such a goober I don't want to wait to find out LOL
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 19th 2008, 8:59 pm

Mappy wrote:
I was watching Bones... can you put a spoiler tag and tell me who won Mrs. C? I'm such a goober I don't want to wait to find out LOL

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 19th 2008, 9:09 pm

Thanks Mrs. C !!! Yea! I liked her, too.
Back to top Go down
Bryanna
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 19th 2008, 9:24 pm

I liked her more than the runner up but not as much as the first one who was eliminated tonight.

I'm not going to lie, for some reason I started getting teary eyed at the end when "the runner up" was crying and said that she never ever looked at herself and thought she was pretty but now, because of this competition, she can. It was weird though because she was probably my least favorite all season haha. But something struck a chord with me when she said that.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 20th 2008, 5:09 am

I found the season finale disappointing but was happy for McKey. I hear what you are saying Bryanna, she got on my nerves a lot before that.

I hope that Analeigh does pursue an career in acting, it suits her.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 20th 2008, 12:08 pm

I found it kinda anti-climatic too, I liked McKey and Analeigh I was hoping those two were the finalist...Samantha got on my nerves this season.

I think it would have been a more interesting show with Analeigh.

Oh well

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   November 26th 2008, 4:55 am

Interview with McKey, winner of ANTM

Link

"My Biggest Obstacle Was Keeping It Real With Myself!" – An Interview with America's Next Top Model 11's Winner, McKey

by Phil Kural -- 11/24/2008
McKey managed to win this season of America’s Next Top Model without ever being in the bottom two, a feat accomplished only once before – by Jaslene! What was her strategy going in to the competition? Did her prior modeling experience help? What did she think of the drama this season? McKey answers these questions, and a whole lot more, inside!

I have to say I’m very pleased that McKey won this Cycle. She totally deserved it, and her look is so strong. Probably somewhere in the middle of the competition, I forgot she was even there, but looking back at all her photos and her performance, it was extremely consistent, and her look is amazing. Throughout this Cycle, McKey impressed viewers and the judges with her features, poses, and personality. I had a chance to talk with McKey about her time on the show, so read on to see what she had to say!

RealityNewsOnline: Hey McKey! First off, congratulations on winning this Cycle! Had you watched previous seasons of the show, and what factored into your decision to apply?

McKey: I was really bad – I had never seen the show before I applied, but I went through a crash course before I flew out to LA for the semi-finals, and I watched a ton of marathons on TV. I think it worked out better that way though, since everything was real and new to me. I wasn’t like a lot of the other girls who were expecting a lot out of the competition. I actually knew another girl that was on the show for Cycle 8, Sara. So I originally tried out for Cycle 9, but that’s how I fell into the process of applying.

RNO: We saw on the show, and heard from some of the other girls, that you had previous modeling experience. How much did you have, and do you think it helped you at all in the competition?

McKey: The whole thing is really sad because I tried so hard before to get into the modeling industry. I put in a lot of effort and paid so much money to create a portfolio, but it just never happened for me. I think having the experience helped, but not tremendously. I didn’t learn a whole lot from before, other than to make sure there were no wrinkles in my neck and not to stick my hips out. It’s nothing like being on the show, though.

RNO: Starting from the beginning, what was your strategy going into the house, and how did you intend on sticking out from the rest of the girls?

McKey: My strategy throughout the competition was to simply take it one week at a time. I knew that you just had to do a little better than the week before. So I was happy even if I had done 1% better than the week before… no matter what way it was, be it the look, walk, or the way I talk. That’s something I’ve been told in sports, so I just applied it to the competition. Always try to do 1% better, and in the end, you are going to be a lot better. It worked out pretty well!

RNO: Only one other girl has ever won the show and not been in the bottom two at all. Was this a concern at all going into the final elimination?

McKey: I was so happy when I made it to the final two, and that was my biggest goal – not to be in the bottom two at all. I wanted to make it to the final two, because at that point, I knew I was going to have to be in the bottom two! Going into the final three, I was nervous, since I had no clue what the other girls’ commercials were going to look like, and I thought I didn’t do so well!

RNO: What would you say was your biggest obstacle this season, and how did you overcome it?

McKey: My biggest obstacle was keeping it real with myself. I’m not THE most bubbly person, and I’m not argumentative at all, and it’s so much easier to just be myself than it is to try and fill a role. I was a lot like Sam – we were both a little dopey, and we are both tom boys. It was really tough adjusting to the living environment, but once I settled in, I did alright with it.

RNO: There’s been a lot of discussion this season on Elina and Marjorie, and the way they played the European card whenever things didn’t seem to go their way. What was your take on the whole thing?

McKey: My take is that I can see both sides of the story, but I was more in tune with what Sheena and Sam were saying though, since that’s what I know. However, both of them were so open to listening to the other girls and really did want to learn. They were trying to understand, but every time we would try and talk about it, you would think a war was starting. I told Elina and Marjorie that if they were going to turn it into a huge thing every time it was brought up, then I just wouldn’t talk about it with them, and I didn’t!

RNO: From the beginning, who did you think was going to be your biggest competition, and did that change at all as the competition went on?

McKey: From the beginning, I thought it was going to be Sheena. That girl is just so bright and lights up the room the second she walks in – not to mention, she is beautiful. It did change though, but she was always up there the whole time. It then went to Marjorie, because she was amazing the judges from week to week with her photos, and just led this really interesting life.

RNO: One of the judges biggest critiques of you came during your first Cover Girl commercial shoot. Had you ever done anything like that before, and what did you do to improve so much by the time of your second commercial?

McKey: I had never done a commercial before or anything like that! It was so awkward because they wanted me walking about talking in such a way that it wasn’t really real to me. They kept saying to act like I was talking and selling it to my friends, but most of my friends are guys, and the girls I know don’t really wear makeup, so it was tough! I’m not the most graceful person either, so it was a mess. Most of my prep for the second commercial was mental. I tried to notice what other girls were doing right, and focusing on that. I wanted to make sure I was being relatable, so I acted as if I was just talking about something I like, like every other day!

RNO: Now that you have won, and a new door of opportunities is opening, who would you love to work with at this point?

McKey: I just really want to have a successful modeling career, and I know I’m not the typical girl that fits into catalog, but I’d love to have a campaign at some point. Hopefully, I’ll get to go to Europe or some other exotic places and really have a chance to see the world and do what I love.

RNO: Do you intend on sticking strictly to modeling, or are you going to try and branch out into different things? Are you done with boxing now?

McKey: Well, I just can’t stop boxing… My boyfriend is a cage fighter, so I’ll never be out of it completely. I’ll hang out with him and go when he trains, but I don’t plan on competing for awhile. I used to think that I wanted to be an actress, but then you have to kiss guys and pretend to like people when you barely know them and you are half their age, so I’m not so sure I can relate to other people’s emotions. I think I want to master modeling first, and do one thing at a time (laughs).

RNO: Did you know at all that you bear-hugging Tyra when you won has become a huge thing on the internet now – people love it!

McKey: Ha! I had no idea! I was just so happy, and that’s something I normally do to my friends when something good happens. I normally do it with one arm, but I was so excited when I won that I just did it with both!

RNO: What is your plan from here? Where can we expect to see you in the near future, and what projects are you working on?

McKey: In the near future, I’ll be setting up in NYC. For right now though, I still have one semester left in school, and then I have a few things I’m working on and putting together a book so that I can get started out there. I want to show people that I can do modeling outside of the show as well, so I’m excited to get that started.

RNO: Is there anything you would like to add or say to fans of the show?

McKey: Of course! I think that since I never watched the show before, I never got involved or knew how many people follow the show and all the forums out there online. Thanks so much to everyone for all the good things that were said because you know I was online reading it whenever I was bored out of my mind! There are so many great people out there that see the good instead of the bad. It really did humble me, and even reading bad things helped keep me down to earth! Thanks so much!

RNO: Thanks again, McKey – and congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Sheena- video of interview with ANTM winner Mckey   November 26th 2008, 4:58 am

Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 7:15 am

New season starts tonight two hour show.
Tyra selects the final 13 contestants.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 7:21 am

cheers I love this show!
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 7:46 pm

America's Next Top Model' starts tonight. Who knew?

Mar 4, 2009, 04:43 PM | by Annie Barrett
Categories: 'America's Next Top Model'

You're killing me, Tyra. Unbeweavable.

I'm one of the biggest disgusted-yet-devoted America's Next Top Model
fans around, and until a few days ago, I had NO CLUE that season,
excuse me, cycle 12 premiered tonight -- one week later than originally
scheduled. As cycle 8's Dionne would say, What the hay-ul? I miss being inundated by over-the-top promos of Tyra whipping her giant alien head to the camera! Ty-Ty's not even in the recent promos, and the girls aren't even in 3-D! It's almost like they're paper...DOLLS.

Who's to blame for a stunned nation's lack of awareness? The CW
hasn't aired a new episode of anything since about 1932, so I'd go
with: The CW. Besides, the entire series has seemed so tired lately.
Quick, someone wake up contestant Aminat (pictured, left) before 8.

The worst part about this situation is the self-loathing -- the DVR's also picking up Bravo's season 2 premiere of Make Me a Supermodel at 10, and the thought "I'll watch the modeling shows before Lost" just crossed my mind. I am HORRIFIED. As Slezak would say, I should be taken out back with a can of tuna.

Who's watching Top Model tonight? We'll post a recap
tomorrow. I'm thinking a clip show of all Miss J, because does it even
matter anymore? Don't answer that.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 7:55 pm

Allison, 20, is an artist from New Orleans, La.

Aminat, 21, is a student from Union, NJ

Celia, 25, is a fashion sales designer from Cynthiana, Ky.

Fo, 19, is a student from Albuquerque, N.M.

Isabella, 19, is an aspiring model from Barboursville, Va.

Jessica, 18, is a student from Bradenton, Fla.

Kortnie, 24, is a non-profit organizer from Houston, Texas

London, 18, is a student from Arlington, Texas

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 8:02 pm

Natalie, 19, is a student from Palos Verdes, Calif.

Nijah, 18, is an aspiring model from Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.

Sandra, 19, is a student from Rockville, Md.

Tahlia, 18, is a student from Phoenix, Ariz.

Teyona, 20, is a loss prevention rep from Woodstown, N.J.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 8:03 pm

Contestants of 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 12

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 8:03 pm

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 8:14 pm

Thanks icecoffee. I'm watching it now. Had to dvr it so we could watch America Idol.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 8:20 pm

Cycle 13 of America's Next Top Model Will Feature Only Short Beauties

TodayTyra Banks will be making a huge announcement for not so huge models on
The Tyra Banks Show. This particular episode is dedicated to the
release of the upcoming cycle 13 season of America’s Next Top Model,
complete with a Tyra Top Model Toga Party (gotta love Tyra’s
randomness). She surprises her entire studio audience made up of
aspiring models 5’7" when she announces that the next cycle of
America’s Next Top Model will be for petite girls who are 5’7" and
shorter.“I stand for breaking down beauty barriers and Top Model
has shown that women of every shape, size and color are model
material,” says Tyra on her show. “But we’ve never done a Top Model
cycle for petite girls! Cycle 13 of Top Model is going to be for girls
who are 5’7” and shorter.”What prompted Tyra to make this
decision? It was actually previous audience members who encouraged her
to switch it up the next time around for Cycle 13. “I answer
audience questions after we tape The Tyra Banks Show and by far the
question I hear the most is, ‘Why don’t you do a show with short
models?’” says Tyra.Hence, the opportunity for petite but beautiful models was born."Since
the show started, we've always had girls under 5'7 asking and begging,
quite frankly, Tyra to please give them a chance," America’s Next Top
Model casting director Michelle Mock said to Entertainment Weekly. "I
mean, she would get stopped in the street, in restaurants, anywhere, by
girls asking how they can do it being as short as they are. We've been
thinking about it for a while now, what a great opportunity to give
these girls that opportunity. The show is all about opportunity...."The
icing on the cake was when Tyra also announces that the audience
members are really at The Tyra Banks Show for a Top Model casting
call. I could only imagine the wave of high-pitched screams and the
sudden whipping out of the lip-gloss across the room. Tyra brings out
Michelle Mock who then handpicks five girls from the audience to
compete for a golden ticket, which will provide them with priority
entrance to the official “ANTM” casting call in New York City.

But the real question is can the winner have a successful
career as a model when the lights and cameras are off?

"Kate Moss is a prime example," Mock said. "Tyra knows a stream of supermodels

that are under that size and are very successful, so she said, 'Why
not?' It's going to be all about the face and the package as a whole." Another
short successful model who comes to mind is Eva Marcille, winner of
Cycle 3, who stands at only 5’6 in height despite the previous Top
Model requirement of 5’7. Arguably, she is one of the most successful
winners of the show and, ironically, the shortest. Do you
believe that the petite winner of America’s Next Top Model can have a
successful career and should height requirements be banished from the
modeling industry?

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 8:20 pm

Jen's lips LOL

Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 4th 2009, 8:26 pm

ANTM replays on Friday Night at 8pm on the CW. Just in case you miss it.

I missed the second part; Lost and Lie to ME.

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 11th 2009, 5:55 pm

Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 11th 2009, 6:28 pm

i loveee ANTM!
can't wait for tonights episodee.
So far i like London & Fo.Smile
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 15th 2009, 12:24 am

America's Next Top Melee: NYC Model Tryouts End in Disaster

And you thought the onscreen catfights on America's Next Top Model were good…
New York police arrested three people following a massive stampede that erupted during a casting call for the new season of the Tyra Banks-powered reality contest—a melee that involved hundreds of people outside a Central Park hotel.
At least six people were injured, two of whom were hospitalized in a
scene that left the surrounding vicinity looking like Fashion Week
meets Thunderdome and shut down the auditions.
Police said they did not immediately know what triggered the crush of bodies, but according to the New York Daily News,
the combination of would-be catwalkers (all under 5-foort-7 this
season) waiting on line for hours and a broken-down BMW proved
combustible.
A fight had broken out among some of the bystanders and then the
car, spewing smoke, reportedly led to shouts that a bomb had gone off.
"The girls were running like it was 9/11 part two," 27-year-old
Jennifer Brown of, Brooklyn told the Daily News. "I feared for my life."
Two women and a man were arrested on disorderly conduct charges.
In an understatement, the CW said: "An altercation occurred today at a casting call for the next edition of America's Next Top Model in New York City. Representatives of The CW are working and cooperating with local authorities on the matter."
Despite tryouts upcoming in Dallas, Chicago and Los Angeles and
still a full season ahead, we're not sure Tyra & Co. can top this.

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 15th 2009, 6:13 am

icecoffee wrote:

New York police arrested three people following a massive stampede that erupted during a casting call for the new season of the Tyra Banks-powered reality contest—a melee that involved hundreds of people outside a Central Park hotel.
Police said they did not immediately know what triggered the crush of bodies, but according to the New York Daily News,
combustible.
In an understatement, the CW said: "An altercation occurred today at a casting call for the next edition of America's Next Top Model in New York City. Representatives of The CW are working and cooperating with local authorities on the matter."

I am probably not supposed to think this is funny, but it sure sounds funny to me.
demon banana boob shake demon banana
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 15th 2009, 7:37 am

Moody wrote:
icecoffee wrote:

combustible.

I am probably not supposed to think this is funny, but it sure sounds funny to me.
demon banana boob shake demon banana

scared laugh so hard I crie
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 16th 2009, 7:56 am

Back to top Go down
thatgirl
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 16th 2009, 8:34 am

I really, really dislike Sandra.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 18th 2009, 1:14 pm

Mappy wrote:
Video link to the 'ANTM' brawl in NYC. Scary!

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2009/03/15/vo.top.model.brawl.TimFagan

lol! It's kind of funny, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 18th 2009, 3:44 pm

Moody wrote:
Mappy wrote:
Video link to the 'ANTM' brawl in NYC. Scary!

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2009/03/15/vo.top.model.brawl.TimFagan

lol! It's kind of funny, isn't it?

*Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* laugh so hard I crie

I cannot believe all those women thought they would be potential contestants for ANTM lol! Un-effing-believable!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   March 23rd 2009, 4:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   April 1st 2009, 9:30 am

I just watched last weeks show, looks like some excitement tonight, after last weeks outburst by the Celia I think that's her name.

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   April 1st 2009, 10:40 am

I read about Celia. She sealed her fate. She may last for awhile yet, but won't get the tiara and sash.

Tyra is so fickle. I wonder how she feels about the whole 'blabbing' situation, today.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   April 9th 2009, 12:35 pm

Celia came in first last night and Talia went home last night.

There down to 7 girls.

PostSubject: Re: America's Next Top Model   

Back to top Go down

America's Next Top Model
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: