Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 22nd 2009, 11:41 pm

CelebApprentice#Annie This was so uncomfortable to be in the room for. We all just tried to stay out of the fray cause M and C were at eachother's throats.less than a minute ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie Bitch fight between Claudia and Melissa starts now...I just tried to stay out of the way...they really didn't like each other.4 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie I like Brian's style..7 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie I think Clint is insulted he is not included in the music writing. I like that from Brian...not a democracy..dictatorship hahahaha7 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie Natalie worked so hard every single task. She never stopped working hard and tht hasn't shown. Glad she got some props this show..8 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie Yay! Natalie saves the day. I am so glad they are showing Natalie saving the day. It hasn't been shown how awesome she has been9 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie I love Jesse and Herschel. They are both so awesome...10 minutes ago from web
  • Back to top Go down
    ndd123
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 22nd 2009, 11:56 pm

CelebApprentice#Annie I wrote a marketing brochure for this one. Don't Miss Another Memory the slogan. That way I felt covered in the boardroom.2 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie Melissa really worked the production side of things really well...she was really efficient.3 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie Jesse is so funny...always...6 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie The 7th rung of hell..haha..I am occasionally funny instead of bitchy :-)8 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie OMg...the screaming baby! That was my friend's screaming baby! That was awful. I came in right at the end and you couldn't think...9 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie Now Brian is making a mistake. If Dennis can get monitors for free suck it up and take the free stuff.10 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#AnnieI don't blame Brian for wanting Dennis out of the way.He is volatile.D is complaining like he is persecuted but brought it on himself.11 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie This is the fist I know that Dennis returned. I thought he didn't come back till the next day.12 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie This is a business game, after all. Needs to be kept to what Melissa did wrong business wise, IMO.14 minutes ago from web

• CelebApprentice#Annie Still,Claudia should not have gotten so personal. Melissa was trying to be helpful and the comments about the face are out of line.
  • Back to top Go down
    Candace
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
    Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 23rd 2009, 12:02 am

I love reading the updates about shows.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 13468
    Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 23rd 2009, 6:28 am

Thanks ndd123
    Back to top Go down
    Liza
    Head of Household
    Head of Household

Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 23rd 2009, 12:47 pm

Ndd123...that was a lot of fun to read. I really like Annie. Her thoughts mirrored my own while I was watching last night. Too bad that Claudia only brought back to the boardroom people that she didn't like for personallity reasons instead of work related reasons. Claudia was her own worst enemy.
    Back to top Go down
    Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 23rd 2009, 1:04 pm

Wonderful read ndd! Thank you cheek kiss
    Back to top Go down
    Nancy AABB Admin
    Administrator

Number of posts : 35502
    Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 23rd 2009, 1:14 pm

I guess Claudia was a tad incompetent, but I would never, ever be able to work with Melissa Rivers.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
    ndd123
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 29th 2009, 10:09 pm

Spoiler:

I like Jesse. Quiet, straightforward, and hardworking from what I have seen on the show.

I thought Joan Rivers was good in her job tonight.

T=Boz did a running commentary of the show on Twitter which was interesting.

Cool
    Back to top Go down
    Cassandra
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 30th 2009, 1:42 am

I like Jesse too ndd123.

Am I the only one who felt really sad watching Dennis Rodman tonight? He has been a loose cannon for awhile and I hope he gets it together soon. It seems to me there is some real hurt underneath the tough exterior.

Houseguest
    Houseguest

Number of posts : 441
    Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 30th 2009, 4:09 am

I hope Dennis gets it together to. He was great when he was on the Celebrity Mole and won that.

Last edited by Jessica337 on March 31st 2009, 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Nancy AABB Admin
    Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 30th 2009, 4:55 am

I like Jesse too. He is so much different than I imagined. I wondered what Sandra Bullock saw in him... now I know.
    Back to top Go down
    Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 30th 2009, 5:49 am

Cassandra wrote:
    I like Jesse too ndd123.

Am I the only one who felt really sad watching Dennis Rodman tonight? He has been a loose cannon for awhile and I hope he gets it together soon. It seems to me there is some real hurt underneath the tough exterior.

I adore Jesse too, Cassandra, and I adore him even more after last night...and I also felt really bad for Dennis.
    Back to top Go down
    Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979
    Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   March 30th 2009, 1:08 pm

last night was a great show. And also a hard one to watch. Jessie is the sleeper winner to me.
    He is so much calmer than he was when he had monstor garage! It probably doesnt hurt that he is married to my all time favorite Sandra Bullock!

ndd123
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 5th 2009, 10:11 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
    jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 5th 2009, 11:12 pm

ndd123 wrote:
    Spoiler:

I agree with you.
    Back to top Go down
    Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 5th 2009, 11:35 pm

Shoot. Missed it.
    Back to top Go down
    Cassandra
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 6th 2009, 3:31 am

ndd123 wrote:
    Spoiler:

I finally watched the whole thing and I had just a couple of thoughts:

*Donald Trump is obviously all about making a watchable show rather than doing what is fair. The past couple of weeks he tried to keep Dennis Rodman, even though it was obvious he should go, because Dennis made the show controversial and created drama. This week he got rid of two more potential apprentices because, IMHO, they weren't adding much to the story/drama rather than because they deserved to be the ones to go. I think he would love the final two to be either Joan/Clint or Joan/Melissa or Joan/Annie (probably in that order) strictly for the tension and excitement it would add to the show. Another case of reality TV being manipulated for excitement rather than who truthfully should be final two based on tasks.

*I found both videos icky as well. However, I like Jesse even more after tonight's episode. He didn't want to debase either himself or the little people. He had the right gut feeling from the get-go but when he went along with what the group wanted, he did it as a good sport and I thought with humor (although the video was not at all funny to me). He has surprisingly turned out to be my favorite and I am a little annoyed that, if my premise is correct, he will stay awhile but will not be in the final two because of his calm demeanor. Who would have ever guessed that he would be the calm, sane, nice one in this group. I'm very impressed with him.

Number of posts : 16157
    Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 6th 2009, 12:48 pm

Trump is a pompous jerk!!

He fires Khloe for a very bad mistake she made over a year ago????? Khloe made her public apologies and knows she was totally wrong and she has paid for it financially and mentally.

Yet this pompous jerk Trump, who cheated on his wife, ripped off buyers of his overpriced condos for years, declared bankruptcies on many projects that big investors lost good money on, has the kahoonies to act all high and mighty and humiliate a young girl on national TV?????

TRUMP IS AN INCONSIDERATE, EGOTISTICAL, KNOW-IT-NONE HORSE’S ARSE!

Sorry to any of his fans... but after watching what he did to Khloe last night, I can’t stomach that “little” man.

PS….GO JESSE!!!!!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468
    Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 6th 2009, 1:30 pm

Trump has fans? lol!
    (and I agree with both of you as far as he is concerned - I've always thought that he was a pompous, arrogant self-aggrandizing ass.)

Last edited by Cousin_Jake on April 6th 2009, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 6th 2009, 2:24 pm

I just don't like him. He is not a nice person.
    Back to top Go down
    balmoral
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9685
    Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 6th 2009, 5:14 pm

good posting ITA girls pissed off
    Back to top Go down
    Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979
    Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 6th 2009, 6:31 pm

Well, i thought it was a good show, and I thought Trump explained why he let her go.
    sucks that he did it that way instead of just letting her quietly, though.

I love the show!

Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 6th 2009, 6:40 pm

The show is entertaining. I didn't like the way or the reason he 'fired' Khloe. He must have been having flashbacks of The Miss Universe fiasco and Miss USA.

Oh, and he fired the wrong person and he is the north end of a south bound mule.
    Back to top Go down
    ndd123
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 6th 2009, 8:35 pm

Cassandra wrote:

*I found both videos icky as well. However, I like Jesse even more after tonight's episode. He didn't want to debase either himself or the little people. He had the right gut feeling from the get-go but when he went along with what the group wanted, he did it as a good sport and I thought with humor (although the video was not at all funny to me). He has surprisingly turned out to be my favorite and I am a little annoyed that, if my premise is correct, he will stay awhile but will not be in the final two because of his calm demeanor. Who would have ever guessed that he would be the calm, sane, nice one in this group. I'm very impressed with him.

Jesse is my pick to win so far. Trump will probably not let him reach the final two because he has tattoos.

I like the show, but last night Trump was annoying to me.

Cool
    Back to top Go down
    Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 13th 2009, 8:56 am

Interesting blog from Annie about last night's show.

Part 1 is simply the header 'Episode 7 of Celebrity Apprentice Part 1: Joan owes my mother an apology'

Part 2

Episode 7 of Celebrity Apprentice Part 2: I finally step up as Project Manager!

Well, we all came out of the boardroom and found out Brian had been fired. No surprises there. What was a huge surprise was that we had to go right back in for the next task. I knew going into the boardroom that I was going to be PM of this task. Ivanka had rightly pointed out that I had no right criticizing Brande for not stepping up to the plate if I wasn’t stepping up as Project Manager. I completely agreed with her and said it was absolutely time to step up. And here is where I get lucky. I had been trying really hard to wait until we had a fundraising task to be PM. It was a long time between them and I agreed to PM before we knew what the task was. And, voila, how lucky is it that we are going to fundraise by selling Ivanka Trump Jewelry? Just as in poker, sometimes you get lucky on The Celebrity Apprentice. And I knew I could bring in the most money on my team so even if we lost it would be hard for me to be fired, my whole point in wanting to wait till a fundraising task to be PM.

Yes. I am a complete luckbox.

Herschel wanted to step up as PM on KOTU but Trump practically insisted Joan be PM. I think, in retrospect, that he wanted to see us fight it out since Joan had such acrimony towards me. That did not occur to me at the time, though. Herschel hadn’t won money for his charity yet. Joan had already won over $160K. So I really think Herschel should have been allowed to take this one. But Trump really wanted Joan and it is Trump’s show so she became PM opposite me.

So Athena immediately went into our boardroom and the first thing that happened is that I divided the tasks up right away to get everyone going. I had two goals on this: 1) I wanted to raise the most money because that is ultimately what we are judged on but 2) I also really wanted to put on a great auction and do Ivanka proud. I had grown to really like Ivanka and it is her jewelry we were going to be auctioning and I wanted to put on a show that would really showcase her jewelry well.

So I assigned everyone to fundraising (obviously) then I assigned Jesse to create the auction catalog and to manage the auction in terms of placing our donors in the audience and having plants in the audience to bid against our donors to make the auction seem truly real and exciting (Jesse’s idea 100%). Jesse grew up in the auction business so that part of the task really made sense for him. I assigned Melissa to pick all the jewelry and I assigned Brande to handle the models and the clothes. Melissa piped up at that point that she wanted to do that job as well which would have left Brande with no job. That clearly made no sense and when I insisted on Brande handling the models Melissa complained in a private interview with what has become a refrain for her: “This is what I do for a living.” Okay, I get that but Brande needed a job and she is a model so she seemed well qualified for that task.

This is where I get really impressed by Brande. I lobbed some pretty harsh criticism at her in the last boardroom. But instead of taking it personally, she took the criticism to heart. In fact, she agreed with me since she, herself, had admitted that was her strategy. And I immediately saw a huge change in Brande. A huge positive change in her. She really offered to step up, being incredibly proactive about getting clothes set aside for us at the store and getting the models’ headshots sent over right away. That was a huge time saver and she would not have done that the previous tasks so this was a big change. I am always the most impressed by people who are willing to own their mistakes and failures so they can learn and grow from them. And Brande was a shining example of this on this task. As I felt any good boss would do, I complimented Brande on all the good things she was doing. Rightly so, she was kicking ass and taking names and deserved the praise.

Melissa, however, did not feel the same. Apparently, the fact that Brande had been floating down the stream not really doing much on the previous tasks meant that I was not supposed to acknowledge the change in her on this task. I guess admitting when someone has really stepped up and put in renewed effort and leadership on a task is two faced in Melissa Rivers’ world. In my world it is just giving credit where credit is due and judging someone on their present performance rather than their past performance.

Brande and I had bonded early in the game and then had fallen out some over the previous two tasks. When I saw how much she changed in this task I completely renewed my respect for her and we really bonded and became really great friends. On the other hand, my respect for Melissa really eroded on this task because I saw how undermining she was of Brande at every chance and how divisive and disruptive she was.

When I stepped back as Project Manager, what I saw was really interesting. I saw that Melissa was trying as hard as she could to throw Brande under the bus, despite the fact that Brande was overall doing a really great job. Melissa shot down Brande’s ideas at every chance incessantly pointing out to me all the things Brande was doing wrong. Melissa should have just let me sit back and judge for myself instead of tattling on Brande all the time. I can see for myself what people are doing well and what they are not. Melissa did a great job picking out the jewelry. Brande was, indeed, too focused on her own outfit and Melissa did step up to the plate and pick up the slack. However, Melissa was also causing a lot of disruption on our team because of her sniping about Brande. I was particularly disturbed by Melissa’s comments about Brande in her private interviews which I think were, frankly, quite mean and uncalled for.
    I also found Melissa and Joan’s private comments about my fundraising really telling. They seemed to give me no credit for just having really good friends. They attributed my fundraising ability to my being powerful in the poker world (which is not really true…there is really no such a thing as power since we all work for ourselves). They claimed that the people I called were just scared to say no to me. I will address that with a story. For this task, I called Scott Ian (the guitarist from Anthrax), Perry Friedman who had come out on the Wedding Dress Challenge and my brother, Howard Lederer. They all immediately agreed to come out and help me on this challenge. They all live on the west coast so were going to catch a 6 am flight to NYC. After I talked to them I went home and went to bed. When I woke up at 5 am my friend, Andy Bloch, IM’ed me. He had heard from Perry and Howard that I was looking to raise money and asked me why I hadn’t called him. I told him I was really only calling people who could do $25K or more on this one and we had only discussed a $5K donation before (I had talked to him on the Wedding Dress Challenge). He told me of course he would do $20 to $25K and that he was getting on the same flight as the other guys! I have some pretty freaking kick ass friends and I frankly think it says more about the Rivers personal relationships than mine that they couldn’t fathom that anyone would come donate to me just because they like me.

Anyway, everyone on my team was doing a great job and the team was working really well (despite the fact that Melissa and Brande were having problems and Melissa was having problems with my renewed friendship with and respect for Brande). Jesse, as usual, did his job quietly and really well. The auction booklet he created was ridiculously great. The jewelry Melissa picked out was beautiful. And the models were set.

Now, on KOTU everyone was working really hard to fundraise. But I think they were worried that with me and Brande working together (Brande had raised a ton in the previous shows) that Athena was going to be tough to beat. So they made a decision that I find somewhat mindboggling. Clint came up with the idea to pool all the donors on to the least expensive piece. If a piece didn’t sell, then the wholesale price of that piece would not be deducted against the total amount raised. So they figured that that would create the most profit for them. But what it would also create, it my opinion, is embarrassment for Ivanka when only 1 of the 5 pieces of her jewelry sold at her auction. Joan agreed to this stratgey which I think is in poor judgement. You will have to watch the next episode to see how that one plays out.

Natalie was sent off to pick out the jewelry. First, I am not sure why Joan did not do that job. She owns a jewelry company after all. I have no idea why she sent Natalie, who has no experience with that. But she did. So Natalie Gulbis gets deeply criticized by Joan for picking jewelry that was not flashy. But Natalie was picking pieces that she knew her donors wanted to buy because she had not been informed of their strategy change to put all the donors on one piece. So I think the criticism of Natalie was deeply unfair here. I think it was a bad decision to assign her in the first place since Joan should have done that part and she was getting pieces her donors wanted anyway, and isn’t that the point?

Anyway, Natalie calls Phil Hellmuth to get him to donate to KOTU. Phil is the most famous poker player in the world and we happen to not only work together but we also are good friends. You will have to see whether or not Phil comes through for Natalie on the next episode. Again, another cliffhanger you will have to tune in for.
    So, tune in next week to see of Phil screws me over and to see if KOTU’s strategy to create the most profit for their auction works. Also, find out how Piers Morgan plays into the episode and why I get compared to Hitler! Fun times all around.
    Back to top Go down
    Nancy AABB Admin
    Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 13th 2009, 10:05 am

LOL - lots of good gossip in that one. I think some spoilers too. Sounds like for sure Annie's team won.

I do not like Melissa Rivers. She is really caustic. At first I thought it was Annie, but now I just believe Annie is a just go-getter and doesn't suffer fools gladly.
    Back to top Go down
    bamajen
    All Star
    All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 13th 2009, 10:32 am

I think that Annie is going to win this whole game. I really did not like her in the beginning, but the more Joan and Melissa have bitched about her, the more I like her.

Brande is so beautiful and is another blonde with brains, when given the chance to use them. There was a radio interview with her last week, she is so personable and gave a great interview to two totally sexist dj jerks. She is also a good businesswoman.

Radio interview:
    http://web.splashcast.net/full_screen/?channel_code=PFYO6364RC&show_code=BZZN1493BH&scene_id=1656403

ndd123
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 13th 2009, 10:58 am

I like Annie. The drama between Melissa and Brande isn't interesting to me, just petty.

Cool
    Back to top Go down
    Liza
    Head of Household
    Head of Household

Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 13th 2009, 11:07 am

Melissa never got on my nerves until last night. All of her backlashing on Brande and Annie "kiss, kiss, kissing" crap became really annoying for me.
    What was up with Joan? Crybabie that may not get her way and wants to leave? Well, boo, hoo. I am ok with her leaving anytime.
    Thank you Mappy, for posting Annie's blog. Annie is cunning and very smart. I am looking forward to seeing why Peirs called her Hitler. LOL
    Back to top Go down
    Cassandra
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 13th 2009, 1:31 pm

Liza wrote:
    Melissa never got on my nerves until last night. All of her backlashing on Brande and Annie "kiss, kiss, kissing" crap became really annoying for me.
    What was up with Joan? Crybabie that may not get her way and wants to leave? Well, boo, hoo. I am ok with her leaving anytime.
    Thank you Mappy, for posting Annie's blog. Annie is cunning and very smart. I am looking forward to seeing why Peirs called her Hitler. LOL

I'm glad to see we are pretty much reaching a consensus here after last night's show. Joan's tantrum about Melissa being called into the board room really annoyed me. Melissa's snottiness about Brande turned me off as well. What a couple of snots. Joan should have been in the most enviable position for this task which seemed to be taylor-made for her so I really hope she loses, although I'm sure she will blame everyone but herself and credit only Melissa on the other team. Annie seems to be doing a good job assigning tasks, and even though I never thought she was bad, she is really growing on me now.

hitthefan on the next episode.

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 13th 2009, 1:48 pm

I like Annie.
    Back to top Go down
    Mrs C
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548
    Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 13th 2009, 1:52 pm

Add me to the list of Annie fans too!

Either Melissa or Joan have to go. They both irritate me.
    Back to top Go down
    Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 13th 2009, 7:36 pm

Annie 'fixed' Part 1 of her blog. Very telling regarding the Rivers 'run amok through it' Wink

Tonight’s show covers a task and a half. In the first task we had to create a display and take away package for Lifelock, an identity theft protection service. After that, we are asked to put on an Ivanka Trump Jewelry auction to raise money for our charities. I am going to talk about the second task in another blog that I will post right after this.

So, we get the first task delivery and Trump puts Brian McKnight on our team. When we find out what the task is, I thought immediately that Jesse should be project manager. He knows a lot about retail display and design and he had not been PM yet so it seemed like a natural fit. But he didn’t want to do it (luckily since he ended up violently ill). I also did not want to do it because I was really trying to wait till a money raising task to step up to the plate. Brian volunteered so we went with him. Natalie stepped up on the other side. I’ll talk about KOTU first.

So, I thought Natalie did an amazing job and I thought Joan was very harsh about her in her private interviews. Natalie had a really tough task here as PM since she had to manage Clint and Joan who clearly hated each other. Natalie chose Clint’s idea for the packaging and display looking like a safe over Joan’s idea which was the bodyguard idea. I honestly think that is why Joan didn’t like Natalie as PM, because Natalie didn’t pick her idea (going so far as to say something like “I don’t know what rock she climbed out from under.”)

But I think Natalie kicked ass because she somehow managed to squash the conflict between Joan and Clint which sure seemed like an impossible task. She kept the team incredibly harmonious and I think she went with the best idea during the brainstorming session and really played to her team’s strengths in the task. I aslo think she did a great job with managing the deadlines.

Now, onto Athena. When we got in the van to go to our war room one thing was really clear: Brian didn’t want to be there anymore. He had just come back from a concert and was basically saying that he really enjoyed being back to his real life and had totally lost his enthusiasm for the game. I totally get that because the Celebrity Apprentice world is completely crazy and surreal and when you get back to your real life when you are done filming you completely realize how nice it is to be normal again. Brian got a taste of that mid show and I think it just made him lose his desire to keep at it full steam ahead.

So we go in and start working. It is clear that Jesse is the one who should design the package and the display because he actually has experience at it. He had designed retail displays and started immediately using all this jargon like “end cap” and such. So he gets to work with that and I started researching the brand since I was assigned to brand message (which seems to have developed as my niche). Brian is going to manage all of us and Melissa is assigned to work with me on the package insert and getting the presentation together. Brande is going to help Jesse but doesn’t really offer up any ideas.

What I found really interesting here is two things: 1) Brande and I have the same comments about Brande’s performance on the task and 2) I am alone in my panic the whole time.

So, as for Brande (this obviously becomes important later), I clearly have some harsh things to say about her performance in my private interviews during this task. At this point in the game, I felt very strongly that Brande was not taking any initiative. She was basically sitting around waiting to be told what to do. Now, when told she worked very hard. But at this point in the game with so few people and so much to do that was in many ways a liability to not have someone willing to step up to the plate. I think I compared her to dead wood floating down the stream.

Obviously, I felt strongly about this. What I think is really interesting though is that Brande echoed my thoughts. In her private interviews she clearly said that she was just sitting back being told what to do because she felt that if she didn’t stick her neck out she couldn’t be fired. My criticisms exactly! It turned out we were on the same page about what her strategy was! The problem was she thought her strategy was good and I felt it was a liability to the team and a poor long term strategy for winning the game.

As for my panic…clearly I spent the whole day completely panicked about time. First, neither Brian nor Melissa seemed to realize that we had to get the design team over to the building place in Brooklyn. When I pointed that out, neither of them seemed to think this was a problem. So I offered to call the display house while quietly saying I was not in charge of the display or the deadlines just to make it clear that this was not my issue but I was willing to take up the slack. I found it interesting that Melissa’s reaction to this was to say that I was just setting myself up to not be fired. Um. No. I was trying to get the design team over to the construction place so we could actually present a display at all since without a display we would not even complete the requirements of the task.

As for my general panic about the time, I clearly say over and over again, “Am I allowed to panic about the time yet?” and the reaction from Brian and Melissa is to dismiss my worry. They both spent the day incredibly relaxed about the deadlines, not worried about whether or not we could get everything done and, in fact, spent much of the day chatting about music! I really liked Brian’s laid back vibe but he really took this one overboard, so much so that I felt like a crazy person for being so freaked out about our time. And Melissa, for all her criticism of Brande not taking the bull by the horns, did not step up to take up any slack on her own part in terms of being aware of deadlines and whatnot.

Now, at the design house disaster struck with Jesse getting deathly ill. Brande took up the slack as much as she could but also seemed unaware of many of the deadlines and was way too non-chalant about them. The report back from Jesse, however, was that Brande did really work hard, despite her time management being poor. That was important in terms of who should be fired. If Brande really did take up the slack for Jesse then it would seem like the argument for firing her if we were to lose would have to be an overall argument about her strategy rather than her performance on this task in particular because the time management would really fall directly on Brian’s shoulders.

So we finish the task at about 10 pm solely because we have completely run out of time. It turns out that I was justified in my panic because we just totally don’t get everything done we need to. Brian and I head back to his hotel room and work until 2 am to write the presentation together while the rest of the team heads to bed. Mind you, I had to get up at 5 am to start day 2 of the task so this was practically an all nighter. But I had a great time working with Brian. I think we wrote a great presentation together. And I have to tell you I love that guy! I was really happy I got to have him on my team for a bit because I had a great experience with him writing that damn presentation late into the night. We had a great time and did a kick ass job working together.

So we go in the next day and Brian does a fantastic job on the presentation. That guy is freaking dynamic, I can tell you that. He is an amazing speaker. Jesse was still completely laid out, poor thing. He was still just so sick. But he showed up and that shows what an amazing competitor he is (unlike Rodman with his dog/cat/too hungover to show up to work allergy). Brian’s presentation was so well done that I thought he might actually save the task for us.
    But, alas, that turns out not to be true. Natalie hits this one out of the park and wins the task for KOTU because they really love the creativity of Clint’s safe idea and they like Natalie’s use of celebrity in the task. When Athena comes back in the boardroom, the big criticism of our team is time management and George is very harsh on Melissa and Brian on that front. When Trump asks everyone who should be fired, Jesse and Brande and I all point to Brian because, in the end, his management of this task was poor and whatever I thought about Brande’s game strategy, Brian’s time management was clearly what failed the task and you have to judge on what goes wrong that task in picking who should be fired. I believe that is the only fair way to handle the choice based on the task at hand. It is only when there is no clear choice in the task at hand that I think you should look at overall performance in the game.

Melissa, however, points the finger at Brande and then Trump asks me what I think about Brande. Here is where it gets interesting because Joan announces to her team that I am going to be incredibly harsh about Brande. The first thing that is interesting about that is that Melissa was not particularly harsh on Brande, she just said that Brande was not carrying her weight. The second thing I think is amazing to me is that Joan assumed that I was going to say something deeply personal and cutting about Brande, she seemed to think I was going to call Brande an idiot. She went so far as to claim that I had actually called Brande stupid and an idiot in a private dinner with her and Melissa.

Now, I need to set the record straight here. I did have dinner with Joan and Melissa. And I did express that I felt Brande should go, that I thought she was drafting and never taking a leadership role. I said about the same things I said on the show. But I did not call her an idiot. I think Joan may have interpreted my comments about Brande’s performance in the game as me saying she was stupid (because that is how Joan attacks people by going after them as people) but obviously I didn’t say those things. We are interviewed privately all the time. You saw my private comments about Brande, which were harsh but not personal. We have cameras on us all day, much of which I am nowhere near Brande. If I had ever called Brande an idiot, wouldn’t they have shown it to back up Joan’s claims? Of course they would have. But they didn’t because I never said it.

What I did say about Brande, however, was very cutting indeed. I said that I felt she was not sticking her neck out, that in poker there are people who play to win and people who play to last. That the ones who play to last might last longer than the ones who play to win but they don’t win money in the long run because in order to have colossal successes you must be willing to risk colossal failures. Now, anyone who plays poker knows that is a biting thing to say about someone’s tournament strategy…in fact one of the most harsh criticism’s you could levy at a poker player. And I lobbed that one right at Brande because I felt it was true.

But apparently that was not enough for Joan. Despite the fact that her own daughter had not levied any particularly harsh criticism at Brande I guess that Joan expected me to be meaner, to be more personal in my comments about Brande (I guess to take up the slack for what Melissa failed to do). I was not caustic enough for the Rivers women I guess and I will not apologize for that. I do not think there is a place for attacking anyone’s intelligence in this game, for attacking who they are as a person. This game is about business strategy only so I don’t know how to respond to someone who thinks I am not nasty enough about another player in the game.

Anyway, Brian picks Melissa and Brande to come into the boardroom with him which I feel was the right choice, Brande because of her overall game strategy and Melissa because she was shooting the shit just as much was Brian on this one. I was shocked when I watched the show tonight to see that Melissa immediately said she thought *I* should have been brought in with Brian. What? I was the only one even panicked about deadlines, which was our undoing. I did the brand messaging and the Lifelock people said they thought we really understood the brand better than the other team. I stayed up will 2 am writing the presentation with Brian. What did I do that deserved Melissa’s comment? I was shocked.

Anyway, Trump figured out that Brian really wanted to go home and fired him. This was the right decision on this task for sure and Brian truly wanted it that way.

When I came out of the boardroom, Joan attacked me for not throwing Brande under the bus harshly enough. I pointed out to her than I had, indeed, thrown Brande under the bus and Joan persisted in saying that I was not cutting or personal enough for her taste and then proceeded to call me a two faced snake in the grass. In her private interviews about me, Joan went so far as to say I would spit on the ground and drown my own mother in it. Joan rivers, you owe my mother an apology. You really do. She has nothing to do with this game and is an amazing woman who doesn’t deserve to be caught up as collateral in your hateful comments.
    Back to top Go down
    bamajen
    All Star
    All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 19th 2009, 7:49 pm

We are in the middle of a severe tornado outbreak in central Alabama, so no Celebrity Apprentice tonight. Will it be shown on the web anywhere later?

Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 19th 2009, 8:03 pm

bamajen wrote:
    We are in the middle of a severe tornado outbreak in central Alabama, so no Celebrity Apprentice tonight. Will it be shown on the web anywhere later?

You can watch on nbc's site, it's usually up sometime on Mondays. Just click on #1 watch the latest episode.

http://www.nbc.com/the-celebrity-apprentice/?__source=front-door|shows|dropdown
    Back to top Go down
    Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 19th 2009, 9:15 pm

Joan ... kettle/black?! Wow. Biotch

She just tweeted this:

JoanRiversQVCApprentice. I just compared Annie to Hitler and I feel terrible. My apologies to Hitler.

Last edited by Mappy on April 19th 2009, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    ndd123
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 19th 2009, 9:16 pm

Mappy wrote:

yup
    Back to top Go down
    rallen
    All Star
    All Star

Number of posts : 2839
    Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 19th 2009, 9:33 pm

Mappy wrote:

She just tweeted this:

JoanRiversQVCApprentice. I just compared Annie to Hitler and I feel terrible. My apologies to Hitler.

I know I am probably going to be vilified for this but as a descendant of a concentration camp survivor I agree with Joan!
    Back to top Go down
    Candace
    Famous for being Famous
    Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
    Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 19th 2009, 9:36 pm

I missed the first hour, I saw the very end with Natalie's firing.

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   April 19th 2009, 9:51 pm

rallen wrote:
    Mappy wrote:

She just tweeted this:

I know I am probably going to be vilified for this but as a descendant of a concentration camp survivor I agree with Joan!

That Annie is like Hitler?

I won't vilify you, rallen, but I strongly disagree.

Joan is a bitch, Melissa threw her group under the proverbial bus. It's the board room, not the principal's office. Annie is a strong business woman. Melissa, too. I wonder if they would have gotten along better if Joan wasn't there with her negative nellie act.

I hope Joan goes. She has disappointed me so much with her immature name calling. It's not comedy. It's sad.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2   

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Apprentice 2
    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
    Jump to: