View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 16th 2008, 11:46 am

Am I the only one watching this show? lol! They're about as far removed from "real housewives" as one can get, but it's funny, seeing how dysfunctional they can be. For example, this week featured an $18,000 birthday party for an 11-year-old child.

I was poking around, over at Bravotv.com and saw that Richard Blais (remember him, from Top Chef Chicago??) is blogging about this show, and it's a pretty interesting read. His "take" on "the girls" is spot on.

http://www.bravotv.com/Real_Housewives_Of_Atlanta/season/1/blogs/index.php?blog=richard_blais&article=2008/10/social_networking_and_fried_ch#breadcrumbs

Social Networking and Fried Chicken Soup

So I'm starting this, in the spirit of social networking -- the Real Housewives' status updates. Think of it as political polling, but, well, I'm the only respondent.

Deshawn Snow. She was my favorite from episode 1, but takes a good dip down the scale of likability during this episode. The, "We are really just a normal family" impression I was left with at the end of last week seemingly disappears as DeShawn whines about not having her NBA husband around and then disintegrates as she draws comparison to being a single mother. What!?!? I'm sure single mothers everywhere cringed. Hey DeShawn, most single mothers don't have an estate staff. Most put on their own make-up. Most cook their kids breakfast themselves. Also, as a business woman, who asks interview questions straight from a scripted list like their reading a Jeopardy question? The interviewees lack of knowledge on who DeShawn is obviously bothers her. I do hope we get to see that DeShawn has a real business and not just an office to have an office, because well, having an office sounds important.

Lisa Wu Hartwell. Lisa and Ed keep me with some hope that there are are few "real" people on this show. Lisa takes us on a business meeting, a real, actual business meeting. The couple play some golf, an RHW must. BTW, Ed, it's in the shoulders not a flick of the wrist. It's a putt, not a free throw! And, then we get to see Eddie Romance make chicken soup. It was cute and felt pretty authentic. Lisa is ... in love, in both her professional and personal life, and it shows!

NeNe Leakes. N Ne takes a big jump on my likeness scale. The college tour of Clark University was a genuine moment. I felt like what separated the New York series from Orange County was the NYC wives emphasis on education and culture. Until this moment, the ATL gals have only shown interest in bling. So when Brice tours Clark, it gives us a bit more of the reality most of us deal with. I liked both NeNe and Brice in this episode. I used to live near the Clark campus so I'm glad we got out of Buckhead and way downtown to show a small bit of one of Atlanta's historical colleges. NeNe is still being NeNe, and I'm still not messin' with her.

Sheree Whitfield. It would have been difficult for Sheree to fall any further on my favorites list. Her elitism and "acting" were awful during the first week. I didn't like her. Not so much different this week. We get to hear about Sheree's Imelda Marcos size obsession and view her catalog of footwear. There were furry shoes, polka dot ones, shiny ones, and transparent ones. Yawn... She wants a seven-figure settlement, remember. In her most genuine moment, Sheree tells her daughter that she can't leave the house to help her open the car door, because, well, she'll mess up her shoes. That was the realest moment from her so far. I didn't say it was pretty! Sheree is making sure she knows when the camera is on her!

Kim Zolciak. Kim absolutely loses me -- most likely for good -- in this episode. Her actions during the show actually got me so fired up, that my wife had to calm me down afterwards. Where do we begin? It's Kim's kid's 11th birthday party, so we're gonna go do it all cheesy bachelorette style and head on down to rent a room in Buckhead. Huh? And we are gonna take a rented stretch Hummer, because that is what little girls want of course? Were gonna hang out the windows, smoke Parliments, and shake our chi-chis. Gross. We aren't going to leave a credit card deposit at the hotel, because, well, who knew that hotels charge for their rooms. Oh, and Kim's upset about it? We see an exchange of presents. A very expensive hand bag, perfect for Hello Kitty lip gloss. Then Kim is upset because her kid isn't acting happy enough. She isn't jumping up and down exclaiming how grateful she is for the expensive day. I can't believe how ungrateful her kid was, could you?!?#%!$. Then, because this is so stressful, Kim, with sidekick in tow, chugs on down to the lobby bar to get their drink on. Smoke more Parliments, drink more Jack, and make some fake text messages to NeNe and Sheree.

In an actually cool idea they go to a pastry shop. Little girls like cupcakes and chocolate ... maybe I'm a little girl. But the cake isn't up to Kim's standards. Someone forgot to fill us in that Kim was a pastry chef who specializes in celebration cakes. She can't seem to figure out what the fondant is. It's like watching a monkey do algebra (Monkeys don't do algebra). She'd rather go to Publix. In an earlier shot, she's eating cake with a knife? She bought a $2000 dollar cake and doesn't get it. I mean, the cake doesn't have a label on it, so how can she judge it? And then Sheree "Health Department" Whitfield insites the cake riot by saying the slicing knife is dirty. It's a knife being dipped into water to slice the cake ... it's as dirty as the cake, ladies. It gets better. Kim doesn't want to pay for the cake or the party planner. It's so typical and so ignorant. This is the same lady who had no problem using a broken handbag in the last episode, but doesn't want to pay for someone's hard work or an artisan cake. Please now know why you pay things like automatic gratuity. Like I mentioned last week, I don't know Kim, but I've met her a thousand times. I've had to tell her that sashimi means raw, that we can't seat her party until they have all arrived, and that sweetbreads aren't french toast. Kim is on my last nerve.

Now for some Atlanta restaurant notes: The restaurant where NeNe and Prince ate at was BluePointe. It's one of the city's better Asian fusion restaurants and located in the heart of Buckhead. Lisa's meeting was at Sia's, an OTP restaurant that I have personally never dined at, but that gets good reviews. The Intercontinental Buckhead is relatively new. It has Au Pied de Cochon, a Paris favorite brasserie, and also was where I first met Top Chef casting guru Randy Bernstein. Chocolate Pink: a pastry shop in Midtown Atlanta, unfortunately the victim of the Housewives' ignorance. Don't forget to check out my blog for more updates, recipes, and stories from the road ..... And check out my recipe for this week, Fried Chicken Soup!

rB <-- his initials

Ingredients

fried chicken leftovers, or not - a small bucket
onion, minced - 2 each
carrot, thinly sliced - 4 small ones
celery thickly sliced - 1 whole stalk
ginger minced - 2 tbl
scallion chopped - 1 cup
garlic minced - 6 cloves
chicken stock - 1 gallon
egg noodles - 1 #, usually 1 bag
eggs - 4 each
white vinegar - a good splash to taste
white pepper - a good pinch, or a babys hand full
lime juice fresh - 1 or 2 limes
cilantro - 1 cup chopped
rosemary - 2 tbl chopped
basil - 1/2 cup chopped

Method

1. Pull half of the chicken skin -- the good crispy stuff -- aside and save for garnish.

2. In some olive oil, or chicken fat if your hardcore, sweat the vegetables, ginger, garlic, and half the scallions.

3. Add the chicken stock and remaining fried chicken and cook slowly for a good bit, at least an hour.

4. Warm the noodles in the soup, or cook separately and add at the end.

5. Crack the eggs (optional) in the soup and cook briefly.

6. Finish with the vinegar, some salt, and white pepper, the herbs and scallions, a squeeze of lime, and the remaining crispy chicken skin on top.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 16th 2008, 12:13 pm

No your not, I'm watching this show and well huh, they are a interesting group.
yep the 18,000.00 birthday party for an 11 year old is a bit much, But this group of women are a bit much.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 16th 2008, 2:05 pm

They are, aren't they??? I couldn't believe it when Sheree left NeeNee cooling her heels outside the party last week. How rude!! Friends don't leave friends hanging like that.

Does Sheree look familiar to you? I keep thinking I've seen her somewhere, but I can't figure out where.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 16th 2008, 3:20 pm

I was thinking the same thing about Sheree, she is very familiar to me. She looks like someone to me, but I can't put my finger on it.

All Star

Number of posts : 2919
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 16th 2008, 5:42 pm

I like NeNe and I also like Kim lol, but as for Sheree I don't like her at all she seems to think she is better than she really is..
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 28th 2008, 5:16 pm

New show tonight at 10pm

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 31st 2008, 2:07 pm

Who tries to raise a million dollars by putting on a fundraiser in two weeks???? Deshawn should hire a professional fundraiser, How embarrassing...

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16308
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 31st 2008, 2:51 pm

I haven't seen this show, it sounds similar to The Real Housewives of Orange County? I have seen that one. Is it the same kind of show?

$18,000.00 on a Birthday party WOW
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 31st 2008, 3:44 pm

Yes, but these gals are extreme and some are clueless. They all have married athletes or are divorcing athletes.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   November 7th 2008, 3:01 pm

These ladies are catty.
I have to watch because I can't stop laughing.

Episode Five
Out of Tune

Shereé and Lisa let loose at a pole dancing class.
Lisa, DeShawn, NeNe and their husbands spend a
luxurious evening together at a vineyard to celebrate
DeShawn's 34th birthday. The dinner takes a turn
for the worse after NeNe starts to gossip about
Shereé and makes up a nasty song about Kim's
music career. Kim and Shereé have a Botox date during
which Kim finds out about the song NeNe sang about her,
the two bond over mistrust for NeNe. When Kim ignores
NeNe during an afternoon of lingerie shopping, the
tensions mount and things get ugly. Kim's plans
for stardom are at stake as Grammy Award-winning
producer Dallas Austin sends her to celebrity music
coach, Miss Jan. Meanwhile, inspired by DeShawn,
NeNe starts her own foundation for battered women,
Twisted Hearts. She throws a "Big Hats" fundraising
brunch and opens up about her past turmoil to a
moved audience. After futile efforts to get NeNe
and Kim to talk, DeShawn joins NeNe for a girls'
night where they focus on surrounding themselves
with positive people and true friends.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   November 25th 2008, 2:43 pm

The Reunion show is on tonight, this should be entertaining.

Last edited by icecoffee on November 26th 2008, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   November 25th 2008, 7:46 pm

icecoffee wrote:
These ladies are catty.
I have to watch because I can't stop laughing.

They are the most unhappy rich people. Razz
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   November 26th 2008, 11:06 am

Boy were these gals vicious last night and catty. hitthefan

All Star

Number of posts : 2106

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   November 28th 2008, 11:51 pm

That was the best reunion show ever. I loved the part when Kym was crying that Nene had made fun of her weave and she had to wear it b/c she had cancer, and then she later admitted she never had cancer. Huh?!? scratch I think the host was confused as well.

Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   November 29th 2008, 6:49 am

JaneDoe wrote:
That was the best reunion show ever. I loved the part when Kym was crying that Nene had made fun of her weave and she had to wear it b/c she had cancer, and then she later admitted she never had cancer. Huh?!? scratch I think the host was confused as well.

I know. What an idiot. She tried to play the victim with cancer because she was loosing her hair. HELLO, you don't loose your hair from the Cancer, it's from chemotherapy. Then she said it was a different problem she didn't want to discuss (probably hormone troubles or something). I can't stand Kym.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   December 3rd 2008, 7:22 am

http://www.accessatlanta.com/entertainment/content/entertainment/stories/2008/12/02/housewives_leakes_move.html

‘Housewives’ star forced to move from Duluth home

Eviction notice ‘none of your business,’ NeNe Leakes writes

By RODNEY HO

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tuesday, December 02, 2008
NeNe Leakes, the breakout star of the hit Bravo reality show “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” is no longer living at the pricey Duluth five-bedroom residence shown on the series.
According to Darryl Pierce, the broker for the 5,000-square-foot home at 1765 Silvermere Court in Duluth, NeNe and her husband, Gregory Leakes, left in November after Winwood Properties filed an eviction notice in September.
The notice, filed Sept. 24 with the Magistrate Court of Gwinnett County, said Greg Leakes owed $6,240 in past due rent. “The tenant said they would move by Sept. 14th because they could no longer afford the house,” the notice said.
The owner of the home, Kajani Shenaz Ali, lives overseas, Pierce said. Online records show the home in the gated community of Stonebrier at Sugarloaf, was purchased for $829,400 in September 2006. Pierce said the Leakeses moved into the home shortly after it was built in 2006.
NeNe Leakes, in a series of e-mails Tuesday, would not say where she is living now. “It’s none of your business,” she wrote. But she noted that they “are financial able [sic] and stable to live where ever we feel fits.”
NeNe, 41, wrote that the eviction notice does not have her name on it, adding “you don’t know my relationship with Greg so be careful what you report!”
The Duluth home, she wrote in an e-mail late last week, “was a lease purchase corporate deal with Greg & his company. Things didn’t work out between the two of them so they did what they had to do and he did what he had to do.”
On Tuesday, she wrote, “If we rent, lease purchase or buy, money is still coming out of my pocket. So who’s [sic] business is that??”
Gregory, 54, couldn’t be reached for comment. The TV show called him a real estate investor. The only business the AJC could find under his name in Georgia is called Advantage Move LLC. The phone number listed for Advantage Move has been disconnected.
“The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” in its first season, became a watercooler show packed with jealousy, petty arguments and conspicuous spending. It averaged 1.3 million viewers over seven episodes, the biggest freshman series for the Bravo cable network since “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” in 2003.
Bravo spokeswoman Rachelle Savoia said, “We don’t comment on the personal lives of our talent.”
NeNe has been featured in Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide, lauded by fans for her honesty and her sense of humor. The show’s ratings climbed steadily during its brief run, culminating in a fiery reunion episode, which aired Nov. 25 and drew 2.8 million viewers. That’s more than any “Real Housewives” episode, including versions in Orange County, Calif., and New York City.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   December 4th 2008, 1:34 pm

hmmmmmmm zip a lip

Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   December 11th 2008, 5:28 am

I didn't even watch this show, but there sure is a lot of after show drama going on with NeNe. I now have the repeats being DVR'd.

Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   June 24th 2009, 1:43 pm

Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 2
Wait no longer, the highly anticipated second season of Bravo's hit series
The Real Housewives of Atlanta
returns
Thursday, July 30 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
See what drama has been going down in the ATL when everyone's favorite
southern gals return, including new housewife Kandi. Will old
friendships be mended, or will new problems surface?

The series is an up-close and personal look at five fabulous women from
Atlanta's social elite – from NFL wives and Grammy Award winners to
sassy single moms – as they juggle their burgeoning careers and busy
home lives with the whirl of the south's hottest city. Catch Kandi,
Kim, Lisa, NeNe and Sheree as they balance motherhood, demanding
careers and a fast-paced social calendar, and show what life is like in
the most exclusive areas of Atlanta. These driven and ambitious women
prove that they're not just "housewives," but entrepreneurs, doting
mothers and feisty southern women. These ladies show the world what it
takes to live large in some of the hottest zip codes in the south.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta
are: Kandi Burruss, Kim Zolciak,
Lisa Wu Harwell, NeNe Leakes, and Sheree Whitfield.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   June 24th 2009, 2:10 pm

Kandi Burruss: The New Girl
Current Status: Engaged to A.J. Jewell
When We Last Saw Her:
We didn't. Kandi's the new wife on the block. (And forgive us for
pointing out the obvious, but it's not easy being the new girl -
especially in this group.)
On the Atlanta Horizon: It
doesn't take long for the Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter to
jump into mix. Kandi has a lot on her plate - she's a single mom who's
planning her wedding, launching a solo career, and working on a new
album. She's worked with TLC, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys and other
superstars...which begs the question: Will Kandi's impressive resume
make the other Atlanta wives a little, well, jealous?

Kim Zolciak: Drama Mama
Current Status: If you know,
fill us in. Her on again and off again relationship with the mysterious
and ambiguous "Big Poppa" always keeps us guessing.
When We Last Saw Her:
Weeping on a couch at the Reunion Special. Kim's castmates accused her
of lying about her cancer, while Kim recalled waiting for the diagnosis
at Chili's.
On the Atlanta Horizon: Her single, "A Crack
in the Foundation," might best describe Kim's upcoming storyline in the
tumultuous second season. While she has an ally in new castmate Kandi,
Kim's relationships with the other wives and Big Poppa are more
strained than ever. You'll see her struggle to launch a wig line AND a
country music career, but will either take off? And seriously, who IS
Big Poppa?!

Lisa Wu Hartwell: The Quintessential Career Woman
Current Status: Married to NFL football player Edgerton Hartwell
When We Last Saw Her:
Lisa was thisclose to kicking some ATL a** during the hot mess of a
Reunion Special. After calling Kim a "habitual liar," she threatened to
flip her castmate over a couch.
On the Atlanta Horizon: Lisa is a career woman, or shall we say careers
woman. Season 2 finds Lisa struggling to balance her many obligations -
owning a real estate firm, running a jewelry and clothing lines, and
perusing work in acting, modeling and writing. The mother of three
seems busy enough, but Lisa's wondering if she's ready for baby number
4. Will there be an addition to the Hartwell clan, or will Ed's career
have to come first?

eNe Leakes: Ms. Tells It Like It Is
Current Status: Married to real estate entrepreneur Gregg Leakes
When We Last Saw Her:
NeNe was narrowing down the list of potential Daddies, starting a
charity for battered women, and squashing stripper rumors. (Just to be
clear, NeNe only strips for one man - her hubby.)
On the Atlanta Horizon:
What does the second season hold for NeNe Leakes? Well, NeNe's as
feisty as ever, with a new 'do but the same penchant for stirring up
cast conflicts. You'll watch her plan the second annual Twisted Hearts
charity event, and follow her continued search to find her biological
father

Sheree Whitfield: Looking for Love
Current Status:: Divorced from former NFL football player Bob Whitfield
When We Last Saw Her: Sheree was pursuing a career in fashion with the launch of her clothing line, She by Sheree.
On the Atlanta Horizon:
After a painful and public divorce, Sheree questions whether or not
she's ready to dive back into the dating scene. Season 2 has a lot of
surprises in store for the aspiring designer and mother of three -
including an unlikely (and unstable) alliance with a former enemy.

Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   June 24th 2009, 3:35 pm

Thanks, Icecoffee for bringing all the good stuff over here:)
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   July 2nd 2009, 3:23 pm

I think I saw a commercial with Nene, Lisa and Kim and there was some hair pulling going on...Kims hair being pulled, lol

Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   July 2nd 2009, 10:48 pm

Can't wait to see that, Icecoffee.
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   July 2nd 2009, 10:53 pm

LOL I can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
Liza
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   July 2nd 2009, 11:36 pm

Hair pulling? Can't wait...I will be laughing and pointing.
Back to top Go down
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   July 3rd 2009, 1:34 pm

Kim has a single coming out??!!??!! lol! That's rich! She can't carry a tune in a bucket, as my grandma used to say. Thanks for bringing this over icecoffee. I'm looking forward to July 30! For some reason, it doesn't seem like there's much on right now.

Man Candy

Number of posts : 3062
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 3rd 2009, 10:08 am

The ex-fiance of Kandi Burruss, who stars on "Real Housewives of Atlanta," died Friday night after a brawl erupted at a club in Atlanta.
Police say Ashley "A.J." Jewell suffered severe head injuries during a fight at the strip club Body Tap, was rushed to Piedmont Hospital, and later died, according to myfoxatlanta.com.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/03/aj-jewell-exfiance-of-atl_n_308579.html
Back to top Go down
tealover
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 3rd 2009, 10:27 am

Wow...I wonder how Kandi will take this.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35412
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 3rd 2009, 1:18 pm

Arrest Made in Beating Death of Housewives Fiancé

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20310057,00.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
MissChriss
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1554

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   October 6th 2009, 7:01 pm

Kandi has tweeted that she is devastated. She also buried an uncle the same weekend AJ was killed. So sad.

'Im thinking she may put off being on the next season.
Back to top Go down
http://natalielynn.niceboard.net/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Housewives of Atlanta   

Back to top Go down

Real Housewives of Atlanta
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: