all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 11:20 am

http://www.b93.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=broadwayupdate.xml

Interview with Julianne this morning. Thankfully, she is well and at home. No mention, in the clip I listened to, of what her problem was. Has a note from the doctor giving her a pass to sleep in and pass on
today's group practice LOL She chats about one of her typical days.
Back to top Go down
JaneDoe
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 11:42 am

I am SO over Cloris.

lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 11:46 am

Mappy wrote:
http://www.b93.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=broadwayupdate.xml

Interview with Julianne this morning. Thankfully, she is well and at home. No mention, in the clip I listened to, of what her problem was. Has a note from the doctor giving her a pass to sleep in and pass on
today's group practice LOL She chats about one of her typical days.

Thanks Mappy for this info. Glad to know she's home and doing well.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 12:00 pm

Don't look if you don't want to see who will be partnered on next season's Dancing with the Stars!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 12:28 pm

Wildebeest wrote:
Don't look if you don't want to see who will be partnered on next season's Dancing with the Stars!

Spoiler:

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 12:30 pm

lovin wrote:
Wildebeest wrote:

Spoiler:

LMAO

Good times Wink Now we need one of The Donald and Rosie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 1:49 pm

I was sorry to see Toni go last night also. It is past time for Cloris to go. Come on, America!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 28th 2008, 7:13 am

Ok after last nights show if Cloris isn't voted off there is seriously something wrong, I've read at other boards that people think Carrie Ann should apologize to Cloris for her comment, me HELL NO SHE SHOULDN'T, its about damn time that someone said what a lot of us are thinking. She wasn't bashing Cloris (atleast I didn't think so) she was saying its a shame that good dancers are being voted out and Cloris who clearly isn't a good dancer is able to stay. JMO

On another note I will say KUDOS to Lance and Lacey on their Jive, I think they did a fantastic job. I personally liked Brooke and Derek's dance however I do agree it wasn't their best, but she's still an amazing dancer. And the group dance, did anyone else see Susan Lucci really having a hard time with it? All I kept seeing was her looking at everyone else dance, she was totally lost. Derek, Julianne and Lacey definately had the hip hop dance FOR SURE and Lance did a good job IMO too. Actually most of them did a good job with the exception on Cloris (duh) and Susan. Once again JMHO
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 28th 2008, 8:16 am

Missed it... was watching the Series... but I agree with you lovin' about entertaining vs. ability. Time to get down to the real nitty-gritty.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 28th 2008, 8:20 am

ITA lovin. It is time for Cloris to go. I am personally sick of her grandstanding and interrupting everyone else's camera time. Her dance last night was her worst, imho.

So sad Julianne is going to be out. I feel bad for Cody. They made such a good team. Hopefully he and Edyta can be just as good.

I noticed Susan Lucci watching everyone else during the group dance. Clearly she was somewhat confused and at times a little behind in the steps.
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 28th 2008, 8:48 pm

I agree with you all that Cloris should go tonight and deep down I think she really wants to go home tonight and probably so does Corky. That poor guy has been put through the wringer trying to come up with dances she can do each week and she is a difficult student. But the interesting thing about DWTS is that a person's personality and ability for the dramatics really does take on an importance. Remember Jerry Springer, Billy Ray Cyrus and some of the others? They gave a good "performance" if not a good "dance". On the other hand, Susan Lucci is a better dancer but there is just something missing....it's like she's kind of robotic and I think she sees that in herself because Tony had to take her to that nightclub to try and get her to loosen up. Kim Kardashian seemed to have that same problem. On the other hand, Cloris is so open, so out there, so whatever and she is pure entertainment. But I think her time has ended and I hope everyone has pity on her and the rest of us and lets her go home tonight.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 28th 2008, 9:06 pm

THANK GOD America finally gets it right and Cloris goes home. While I do think she was entertaining to a degree I had enough of her. Susan (sorry no offense to some of her fans) needs to go next week.

Glad to hear that Julianne is doing well.

And new team dances next week, should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 29th 2008, 12:45 am

today's group practice LOL She chats about one of her typical days.[/quote]

She said last night that she has endometriosis and has to have her appendix removed. Sometimes, the endometriosis can attack organs and start growing on and around them. It sounds like this might have happened to her. So glad she is home and well.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 29th 2008, 12:53 am

I thought Carrie Ann was extremely rude to Cloris last night when she said that Toni went home because of her. That was unprofessional of her and it was nice to see Carrie Ann on tonight's show tell Cloris she loved her. I thought Cheryl and Maurice danced beautifully this week...I haven't cared too much for them so far this season. I thought the judges were too hard on them and they certainly deserved 8's, IMO. Lance and Lacey were great!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1819

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 29th 2008, 4:13 am

Yay! Cloris is gone! I'm so happy, now we can get back to dancer taking this seriously.
And as much as I love Susan Lucci, her performance in the hip hop number was....well just awkward and uncomfortable to watch. I think she may be next to go.

Yay Lance and Lacey #1

Something to think about while disagreeing with someone:
close-mind·ed - Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 29th 2008, 4:45 am

Hellataz wrote:
Yay! Cloris is gone! I'm so happy, now we can get back to dancer taking this seriously.
And as much as I love Susan Lucci, her performance in the hip hop number was....well just awkward and uncomfortable to watch. I think she may be next to go.

Yay Lance and Lacey #1

Hey Taz, you look like Yoko Ono in that avatar. it's all good
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 29th 2008, 5:14 am

Yikes, hopefully I have less wrinkles..
LOL I didn't think so, until you said it...grrrr...going to look for a new one.
Looking through pics of her she does tend to wear her glasses like that a lot!

close-mind·ed - Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 29th 2008, 6:37 am

Hey, I love Yoko Ono! I don't mean that you actually look like her, just the style. LMAO
Back to top Go down
charlottesweb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5398

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 29th 2008, 11:04 am

Yoko still has nice boobs for a woman her age or maybe she just wears a nice support bra...Very Happy

Happy to see Cloris finally go, but admired her being gutsy enough to even
tackle the show.
If someone had took me by one arm and one leg and swung me around like
Corky did her Monday night, I would have been in traction for the remainder
of my days. Shocked

Brooke and Derek are still my favorites...I know its not suppose to be all about the
professional dancers, but I want to see that cute little muffin Derek win the trophy.
Brookes foot injury did slow her down some last night bur the TV Guide Polls still
has Brooke and Derek winning at 42%..That's way ahead of the other Dancers. DWTS Poll

Quote :

Which couple is your current pick to win Dancing with the Stars?

Lance Bass and Lacey Schwimmer
14%

Brooke Burke and Derek Hough
43%

Maurice Greene and Cheryl Burke
18%

Cody Linley and Julianne Hough (or Edyta Sliwinska)
10%

Susan Lucci and Tony Dovolani
1%

Warren Sapp and Kym Johnson
15%
Total votes: 2082

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 29th 2008, 12:37 pm

I share your love for that cute muffin Charlotte!!
Back to top Go down
oneforthefrog
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 29th 2008, 1:23 pm

"Dancing with the Stars" has Cloris, "Strictly Come Dancing" has John Sargent. I'm not quite sure that John's Paso qualifies as dancing though...........................

Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 31st 2008, 1:33 am

Dang Lance and Lacey are down on that poll CW, that sucks. Sad

Anyways, I was reading the new TV guide and they had an article about Cheryl and Lacey and how some think they are too fat to be on the show. I never thought so of Lacey, I've always thought she was just really muscular and short so it appears she is bigger then most skinny people on tv, but Cheryl I have notices has packed on some pounds, especially when she wears those backless dress, she's more meaty and her butt is bigger. Now that's not to say I think either of them are fat, far from it, but it has caught the eye of the show and some of the other dancers. Here's some text form the article.

Quote :

The professional dancers on DWTS are not pleased that Cheryl Burke and Lacey Schwimmer packed on a few pounds this season.

“If you want to gain weight, it’s your prerogative,” dancer Louis van Amstel says in the newest issue of TV Guide. “We all put on weight because there was no summer tour,” he adds. “But you have to deal with the consequences.”

Pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy is also complaining.

“When I first saw these women this season, I said, ‘Guys, you know the camera adds 10 pounds,’” he says. “‘You have to do something about this.” Burke and Schwimmer have gotten slimmer since the season’s premiere, but van Amstel says the damage is done.

“[People] look at this show to be inspired and think, ‘If I just work hard enough, I can look like that,’” he says. “If they watch someone who’s dancing her butt off and she’s still heavy, they can be discouraged.

“You have to take responsibility,” he adds.

some other articles about this:

http://www.celebitchy.com/17559/are_cheryl_burke_lacey_schwimmer_too_fat_for_dwts/

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/dwts-pro-cheryl-burke-and-lacy-schwimmer-need-to-lose-weight

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 31st 2008, 7:15 am

Louis and Maks have both made statements about this article, it was taken out of context. You know how you say something, then they pick the worst part of the sentence to print. While yes, I agree that Maks can be a bit appraisive, I do not think that he called them fat! I noticed Cheryl had put on some weight especially on the first show, but hell I have no room to talk, and I think she looks great. Lacey I figured was just that way, never thought she was fat, she's well proportioned. JMO

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20236878,00.html
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 31st 2008, 8:12 am

I think both women are beautiful. They rock their dances and their outfits. All beautiful women are NOT stick figures.

I am sure they will slim down as the season progesses just as we have seen so many contestants do.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 31st 2008, 12:40 pm

I'd trade my lazy azz for one of their toned bodies anyday!

If a lot of lifting was involved, I could understand the concern but even then, how 'big' are they?! lol

I'd rather see healthy than one step from the grave.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 3rd 2008, 8:22 pm

The show tonight, I think Lance and Lacey did a good job on the Rumba (that's what they danced right LOL) and of course my favs Brooke and Derek kicked ass LOVED IT!

The group dance OMG Susan Lucci I'm sorry but she has GOT TO GO, I think that Lance and Lacey and Cody and Edyta did a good job. Susan (shaking my head) she can't do group dance at all.

Now to see the Paso with the remaining group....

ETA: HOLY CRAP they did an AMAZING JOB!!!!! FANTASTIC Paso

Last edited by lovin on November 3rd 2008, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jodriver58

Number of posts : 13468

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 3rd 2008, 8:48 pm

Susan has to go.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 3rd 2008, 9:30 pm

Buxom wrote:
Susan has to go.

agree
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 3rd 2008, 9:47 pm

Yup! Susan should be the next to go.

The Paso group dance was really good.

Brooke amazes me. She is one talented dancer. I truly cannot see anyone beating her.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 3rd 2008, 11:29 pm

Buxom wrote:
Susan has to go.

I agree 100%, even though I have loved her since I was 14 (I am now 51)...and would love to keep watching her, she is indeed the weakest link! Good-bye, Susan.
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 4th 2008, 2:29 am

I feel so bad for Susan, I feel embarrassment for her when she dances.

Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 4th 2008, 8:39 am

I don't feel embarrassed. She's not that bad. I hope to have half her energy when I am her age.
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 12th 2008, 9:44 pm

I think that little piece with Dr. Drew that Julianne and Cody did was the sweetest thing. They are the cutest couple together and I think Cody was really worried about Julianne and loves her very much although they have known each other only a short time. She has helped him to mature in so many ways and I am SO happy they get to dance together again next week. I don't care if they win or not - I do think he is much better than Warren though. I think Warren needs to go and then it can be between Lance and Cody and then Brooke will win, of course.
Back to top Go down
charlottesweb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5398

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 13th 2008, 12:23 am

I think that Cody has a crush on Julianne but heck what male wouldn't.Very Happy
She is as cute as a button...she and her brother Derek both are a delight
to watch dance.
Cody is a sweet kid and I'd like to see him in the final three couples also..
Wouldn't it be neat if Cody and Julianne, Derek and Brooke were the
final two couples.Very Happy

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 13th 2008, 9:26 am

charlottesweb wrote:
I think that Cody has a crush on Julianne but heck what male wouldn't.Very Happy
She is as cute as a button...she and her brother Derek both are a delight
to watch dance.
Cody is a sweet kid and I'd like to see him in the final three couples also..
Wouldn't it be neat if Cody and Julianne, Derek and Brooke were the
final two couples.Very Happy

IA, I'd love a brother/sister final 2 but I would be ok if it were Lance and Lacey, Brooke and Derek also. Warren was actually in my final 3, but these last couple of weeks, he just hasn't "brought it". I think Cody has done a hellava job considering he had to virtually "start over" with a new partner. I feel bad for him, Julianne knows what works with him and Edyta really didn't seem to IMO.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 13th 2008, 10:06 am

i havent been watching.
i need to go see the epis' on the website.
why did Julianne and Edyta switch?

lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 13th 2008, 10:15 am

Kimmie wrote:
i havent been watching.
i need to go see the epis' on the website.
why did Julianne and Edyta switch?

Julianne was out for 2 weeks because she had to have surgery so Edyta filled in for her with Cody.
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 13th 2008, 3:33 pm

I loved the Benji/Lacey dance! I would have loved it more if it had been to anything other then country music, especially a lame song about ticks, but whatever, i just loved seeing them dance together again! I miss Benji they should bring him on as a dancing pro like they did with Lacey. In fact bring some other SYTUCD alums on board as well like Pasha, Neil, and Travis.

Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 13th 2008, 3:40 pm

I'd like to see Heidi (Benji and Lacey's cousin I think). I just loved her on SYTYCD. I hated that Tick song.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 17th 2008, 8:38 pm

First of all-------------- Woo Hoo Lance and Lacey GREAT JOB TONIGHT!!

While I still love Brooke, first dance BIG MESS! Second dance GREAT JOB!!! I think poor Cody and Julianne will be going home tonight, although I wasn't really too impressed with Warren and Kym for either dance. JMHO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   

Back to top Go down

Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: