all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   September 30th 2008, 12:03 am

I read somewhere that Toni's husband said that her heart condition was/is as serious as a heart attack is.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   September 30th 2008, 6:25 am

ebowers wrote:
I read somewhere that Toni's husband said that her heart condition was/is as serious as a heart attack is.

Yep that's what I read too. She's not supposed to do anything too physical, she has her doctors on hand all the time from what I understand. While I think its great she's doing this, I do worry everytime I see her dance.
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   September 30th 2008, 7:22 am

She had to quit her Vegas show because of it. I was very surprised to see her in the cast...
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   September 30th 2008, 10:53 am

Just finally watched last nights show (I hate working on my show nights LOL) anyway....I LOVED Brooke and Derek, they are my pick!! I thought that Lacey and Lance's dance was good, but I do agree with the judges I don't think that it was complete Paso--I understand they are trying to stand out, but they need to keep with the dance too. And the kiss at the end had me LMAO. Liked Cody and Julianne too. I think that Kim or Cloris needs to go. Kim has the assets to move and stands there like a statue irritates me to no end, I like Mark and will be sad to see him go. And Warren Sapp, boy he can MOVE IT!!! Like him too.
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1819
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 2nd 2008, 1:52 am

Someone needs to remove the stick out of Lens ass and tell him to lay off my faves Lance and Lacey. They are so much fun to watch and Lance is so much better a dancer then he gives himself credit for, i bet if he did dance the traditional way, they would knock it out of the park. I bet they are getting lots of fan votes but Len is making sure they aren't saved until the last minute to teach them some lesson cause they keep bucking against his wishes. They are the best dancers this season and I'll be pissed if Clorace Leachmen or that Chef guy stay longer.

Glad Kim K was booted, she was a bad dancer, but not as bad as Clorace.

I really like Susan Lucci too, but it's weird not seeing her the way she is on AMC, her persona on the soap is so much stronger and diva and her real life persona seems so much more sweet and fragile. She needs to loosen up, she looks like she is being so careful when she dances like one strong step and she'll break.

I like Toni and Brooke too.

But above all.. everyone call and save Lance and Lacey from the uptight judges!
Anyone else catch the other SYTYCD alum dancing during the first Jessica Simpson song, i think his name was Pasha, i really liked him on the other show. I hope it's the start of a trend of bringing over SYTYCD alums to become regs on DWTS.

Something to think about while disagreeing with someone:
close-mind·ed - Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 2nd 2008, 8:22 am

I think Lance and Lacey will be safe for many more weeks. Many times Len's criticisms have the opposite effect - people get pissed off at him and vote more for the couple he is trashing.

While Kim was not that good of a dancer, she was heads above Cloris. Cloris needs to go this week; it is so unfair to the rest of the couples to have her stick around simply for her comic routine.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 2nd 2008, 9:39 am

While I think Lance and Lacey will be there for a while, I do think that they need to keep with the integrity of the dance. I never watched SYTYCD but I like the pros that they already have on DWTS. JUST MO!
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 2nd 2008, 4:49 pm

I thought Cloris and Kim were the two weakest dancers also. That is a no brainer. LOL. I thought it fair that Kim went home first because at least Cloris provides some comedy and spunk. Kim is just a beautiful cardboard character to me. She doesn't dance and she doesn't show much personality. Cloris definitely needs to go home next.

Time to clear the floor for the folks who can really dance!!

I love Warren, Brooke, Toni, and Lance.

It just makes me happy to see Warren dance. I find myself smiling from the time of his pre-taped practice sessions all the way through judging. He can really move...especially for a big guy. I love his personality.

Brooke is a beautiful dancer. She moves extremely well and I think she will be hard to beat this year.

Toni is so graceful and also a very good dancer. She looks a little fragile during practice. I don't know if they edit it that way or not. She gets to the dance floor on live show and just nails the routine always. Love to watch her. She always looks like she is going to have a heart attack while waiting on the results shows. She looks so scared and serious.

I have always loved Lance Bass. He is a great personality and a good dancer. I enjoy seeing a new energy infused into the dances.
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 3rd 2008, 2:38 pm

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Things-Dancing-Stars/Helio- «

All Things Dancing with the Stars Helio Castroneves Is Indicted on Tax Evasion Charges

Helio Castroneves by Jeff Daly/Getty ImagesHelio

Castroneves may have had his last dance.

The Season 5 Dancing champ was indicted Thursday on charges of conspiracy and tax evasion. The Brazilian race car driver, 33, is accused of funneling millions of dollars in income to a Panamanian shell company from 1999 to 2004. He is expected to appear in a Miami court on Friday.

If convicted of all charges, he could be facing up to 35 years behind bars. Also indicted are his sister and business manager, Katiucia Castroneves and his attorney, Alan Miller.

Will Castroneves be able to race — or even rumba — away from this legal number? — Anna Dimond[

http://community.tvguide.com/servlet/ImgServlet?mx=220&attachImage=true&contentType=image%

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
charlottesweb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5398

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 4th 2008, 12:04 am

Susan and Tony's 24 hrs with AMC and DWTS.

Tonyand Susan

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 4th 2008, 5:25 am

I think it's BS that they would praise Cloris for her bad dancing calling it entertaining cause she makes jokes. But wont recognize Lacey and Lance as being wildly entertaining on top of being great dancers. Regardless of if they are dancing by the book. That show needs some new blood and new moves. I hope they don't discourage Lacey too much that she ends up not coming back.

close-mind·ed - Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.
Back to top Go down
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4128
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 4th 2008, 3:44 pm

Star Exclusive: Misty May Out Of DWTS!

Misty May-Treanor, 31, broke her left ankle on Oct. 3, Star has learned exclusively, cutting her out of the Dancing With the Stars competition completely.

The two-time beach volleyball Olympic champion suffered the injury on Friday afternoon when rehearsing with her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy at a dance studio in L.A.

She entered Cedars Sinai hospital in the late afternoon and was given a cast.

"I had problems with this ankle in March so I knew it was delicate, but I just can't believe it broke and I am off the show now!" a devastated Misty May told Star.

"I will have to stay off this ankle for a long while. There is no way I can compete now. It's so sad! I really wanted to win. Now I have no chance."

Misty May — dressed in a white sweatshirt and blue shorts — had been crying, but was consoled by her partner Maksim who was still wearing his workout gear of slacks and a zip-up white sweatshirt.

"These things happen," Maksim told Star.

"There is nothing you can do about it."

Misty May left the Emergency Room of Cedars at 10:30 pm on crutches and in tears.

"At least I still have my gold medals," Misty May said as she hobbled out of Cedars.

Misty May's injury is not the first on this season of Dancing With the Stars. Comedian Jeffrey Ross suffered a corneal scratch when his dance partner Edyta Sliwinska accidentally poked his eye during rehearsal on the first week of the show.

http://www.starmagazine.com/misty_may_treanor_out_off_dancing_stas_/news/14687

Some sites are reporting she is out, but others are not certain. I guess we will find out on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 4th 2008, 3:57 pm

Oh no...that's such a shame!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 6th 2008, 3:00 pm

Report: Misty May-Treanor to withdraw from 'Dancing'
Oct. 6, 2008, 2:49 PM EST

Entertainment Tonight

Misty May-Treanor is withdrawing from "Dancing With the Stars" because of a torn Achilles tendon, contestant Brooke Burke told a Los Angeles radio station on Monday.

Burke confirmed the news on 104.3 MY FM's "Valentine in the Morning" show and also said that May-Treanor could undergo surgery this week.

On Friday, May-Treanor's reps released a statement to ET about the Olympic gold-winner's injury.

Misty's reps told us she "sustained an injury on Friday and received immediate medical attention. Despite previous reports, she did not break her ankle. She is resting comfortably at home.

Misty is partnered with "Dancing" pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

Click here for the latest celeb news on Entertainment Tonight.

**My husband tore his Achilles Tendon a few years ago, it was AWFUL. Hope she gets better soon.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 6th 2008, 4:20 pm

Awww poor babe. Wishing her well. That's one nasty injury!
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 6th 2008, 6:10 pm

I will miss Misty May and Maks! An ankle injury is very painful and slow to heal. Sorry this happened to her. I guess they will still eliminate someone else this week????
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 6th 2008, 9:10 pm

trubeliver wrote:
I will miss Misty May and Maks! An ankle injury is very painful and slow to heal. Sorry this happened to her. I guess they will still eliminate someone else this week????

She said on tonights show that she ruptured her achilles tendon, surgery tomorrow. When it happened to my husband he also had surgery and its actually much much stronger (and he did it playing basketball on Thanksgiving).

I'm thinking they will total up this weeks scores and combine them with next weeks, atleast that is what they have done in the past when Sara Evans left the show.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 7th 2008, 2:32 pm

Okay even though Cloris grates on my last nerve her dance last night had me absolutely hysterical. I about peed my pants from laughing so hard! She is a character!
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 8th 2008, 2:29 am

I am beyond sick of seeing Lacey and Lance in the bottom every elimination. There are a lot of good dancers and ones that are even surprisingly good which the judges like, but seriously When you see Lance dance he looks like a professional..so why don't they let up on him? Or at least cut him some slack and announce he's safe before Cloris every week.

This season has been bad so far, the judges are being super critical of everyone and Lens bias is gonna send my favorite couple soon any day now.

Grrr.... not happy with this season.

Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 8th 2008, 8:07 am

I CAN NOT BELIEVE that Cloris was announced safe 2nd, WTF??? I'm sorry as entertaining as she is, there is NO WAY IN HELL that she deserves to continue to stay in a dance competition. Rocco and Karina certainly did 10x better than Cloris. Actually I think all the dancers did a good job this week. My fav is still Brooke and Derek though.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 8th 2008, 11:26 am

Each season there is at least one star who is on who cannot dance but rather relies on their entertainment value. This year that would be Cloris.

I do hate that some of the couples get eliminated before they should (probably a week or two early) but by the time they reach the finals the couples who are really talented and deserving are still in the competition.

Back to top Go down
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 13th 2008, 7:37 pm

Exclusive: Dirty Dancing for Karina & Maksim

Dancing With The Stars hoffers Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff have sparked rumors that they are doing the bedroom two-step behind-the-scenes of the hit ABC ballroom series after the Ukraine natives were snapped in a steamy liplock while heating up the dance floor at the ONE Sunset club in Los Angeles on September 29.

As Star reports exclusively in our Oct. 20 issue the Ukraine natives worked up a sweat on the dance floor at the ONE Sunset club in L.A. on Sept. 29. "They were getting closer and closer until they were grinding on each other," says the eyewitness. "They were dripping with sweat; it was incredibly hot and sexy."

And things didn't stop there! It got even hotter. But you'll have to pick up the new issue of Star for the full story and four can't-miss photos!

http://www.popcrunch.com/maksim-chmerkovskiy-karina-smirnoff-kissing-photo/

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 13th 2008, 7:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Janelle's#1Fan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 13th 2008, 7:50 pm

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 14th 2008, 12:30 am

What a beautiful couple they make!! Her dress with the purple bow is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for posting those pictures and giving us the latest scoop...I can't wait to blab that around the lunch table! Many will be quite envious of Karina...that lucky, lucky girl!

I think Karina and Rocco will be leaving tomorrow, or so they should. I thought tonight she didn't seem too upset with things. No wonder! She can now join Maksim!!
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 14th 2008, 8:47 am

I wish they would tone down the costumes, they are affecting the dances too much. It looks too much like a Halloween party these days.

My favorites so far are, Brooke and Derrick, Lance and Lacey, Julianne and Cody.

Max and Karina, Wow! I thought she was dating Mario Lopez.

Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 14th 2008, 8:59 am

I thought she was dating Mario as well. They must have broke up!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 14th 2008, 9:49 pm

Lori wrote:
I thought she was dating Mario as well. They must have broke up!

Are you talking Mario Lopez or the singer Mario? Mario Lopez and her broke up earlier this year, "RUMOR" has it he cheated while in NY doing A Chorus Line. I don't think her or the singer Mario ever dated.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 15th 2008, 8:56 am

I meant Mario Lopez. I hadn't heard that they broke up.

Well Rocco is now gone. The next to go should be Cloris. It would be a shame if she lasts any longer, as that means a more deserving dancer has to go.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 15th 2008, 12:18 pm

Lori wrote:
I meant Mario Lopez. I hadn't heard that they broke up.

Well Rocco is now gone. The next to go should be Cloris. It would be a shame if she lasts any longer, as that means a more deserving dancer has to go.

I couldn't agree with you more Lori, Cloris has gotta go. My husband hasn't watched at all until the weeks show (he usually will watch it) and he said he's not really impressed with any of them, his favorite season was 5. I on the other hand LOVE LOVE BROOKE AND DEREK!! LOL
Back to top Go down
ifeeltheneed

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 16th 2008, 1:38 am

Ellen with Misty May-Treanor 10-15-08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXzeY7O88b8
Back to top Go down
summer
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1683
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 16th 2008, 11:18 am

They had a picture about a week before these pictures came out of Maksim and Cheryl Burke holding hands. Hmmmmm.....I will try to find it.
Back to top Go down
JWChitown
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2210

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 19th 2008, 6:28 pm

Ooops! Wrong couple!

Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 19th 2008, 6:34 pm

LMAO
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 19th 2008, 6:37 pm

OMG. LMFAO.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 19th 2008, 9:18 pm

LMAO Cute. They look good together! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 1:22 am

So glad Lance and Lacey made it another week, but i did agree with the judges, Lacey looked like she was showing off and Lance wasn't showing much of anything. Sad to see Toni go, I liked her and thought she was a good dancer, Though i didn't want Susan Lucci to go, she's been my fave soap actress since I was 7, but I again agree with the Judges, she dances like she's made of the most fragile glass and will break if she steps down too hard. It's painful to watch, as tiny as she is, she should glide and move light on her feet, but mostly she's just awkward.

And how the hell is Cloris still there...WTF america!

Back to top Go down
JWChitown
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2210

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 7:55 am

Hellataz wrote:
So glad Lance and Lacey made it another week, but i did agree with the judges, Lacey looked like she was showing off and Lance wasn't showing much of anything. Sad to see Toni go, I liked her and thought she was a good dancer, Though i didn't want Susan Lucci to go, she's been my fave soap actress since I was 7, but I again agree with the Judges, she dances like she's made of the most fragile glass and will break if she steps down too hard. It's painful to watch, as tiny as she is, she should glide and move light on her feet, but mostly she's just awkward.

Susan Lucci "is" probably pretty fragile. Hard to remember at times, but she is not only small and frail, but at 60 years old, she probably does have fragile bones. She could very well be prone to stress fractures. I do think Lance and Lacey got poor grades from the judges partly because they went first. They got the same scores as Cloris? Hard to justify. All in all, this has been a pretty fun season. It is hard to see anyone go. They all have their entertainment value.

lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 9:36 am

[quote="JWChitown"]
Hellataz wrote:

IA---I was shocked to see Toni get voted off, well I shouldn't say shocked, I shouldn't be surprised by anything. Remember when Sabrina Bryan was voted out? WTF there. Anyway.....I think Lance is a good dancer, but Lacey should IMO allow him to showcase it rather than her. Susan, has NOT IMPRESSED ME in the least, glad the judges called Tony out on it too, he has to stop treating her like a china doll for petes sake. Cloris will continue to be there for another week I would think but only for the ENTERTAINMENT factor--I've had enough of her myself as I'm sure several have but you know networks RATINGS! Still LOVING Brooke and Derek and Julianne and Cody along with Warren and Kym. Speaking of Julianne did everyone know she was rushed to the hospital for stomach pains after the show last night? WTH is up with the season. GOOD LORD.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   October 22nd 2008, 10:19 am

I hadn't heard that Julianne was rushed to the hospital. My goodness this has been an injury/illness prone season, hasn't it? ITA agreement that Lacey was hogging the limelight during her dance.

Oh ick that Toni was booted before Cloris. OMG that is scary. Can you imagine if she makes it to the finals. What a shame. She is entertaining and at her age her performances are amazing but come on. If that's what they want, they should have a Senior DWTS. I felt bad for Toni.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   

Back to top Go down

Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: