all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
bamajen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 17th 2008, 9:32 pm

It looks great for Lance and Lacey. Not so much for either Hough, though.

I think that Lance has a really good shot at winning this thing. I hope so, he is such a great entertainer and has that "it" quality.
http://stars.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp

ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 18th 2008, 6:54 am

Lance and Lacey for the win!!! I like Warren, but think that he is very overrated. Poor Cody...I think he has a big crush on Julianne, but then what 18 year old guy wouldn't!!??
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 18th 2008, 8:08 am

How bad was Brooke's first dance? I missed it.

From DialIdol I see Warren must have a big fan base. I like Warren, he is entertaining but he is nowhere near the rest technically.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 18th 2008, 9:29 am

Lori wrote:
How bad was Brooke's first dance? I missed it.

From DialIdol I see Warren must have a big fan base. I like Warren, he is entertaining but he is nowhere near the rest technically.

Lori, Brooke's first dance was bad and that's coming from someone who has liked her since Day 1, do I think she should be voted off because of 1 bad dance NO. They have all had a bad dance of the final 4. IMO I would hope that its Cody and Warren in the bottom 2 but I think it'll be Cody and Brooke, which to me SUCKS. I think Final 2 should be Brooke and Lance. Warren to me is not that good of a dancer lately, sure he entertains but no technique.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 18th 2008, 9:49 am

Thanks lovin. Actually last night was the first time I voted this season - for Brooke. I just didn't know how bad her first dance was and wanted to help make sure she stayed.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 18th 2008, 9:53 am

Lori wrote:
Thanks lovin. Actually last night was the first time I voted this season - for Brooke. I just didn't know how bad her first dance was and wanted to help make sure she stayed.

I'm with you Lori, like I said her first dance I was cringing for her, she knew you could tell on her face I think. I really do think she deserves to be there whether others do or not.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 18th 2008, 10:06 am

I still love Brooke and Derek and Lacey and Lance. Warren is a joy to watch. I love the personalities of all them! The judges were pretty harsh on most of the first dances.. well, especially for a few of the chosen ones. Unfortunately, I saw a lot of mistakes last night with all the dancers and I'm only a fan. What the heck, they're braver than I lol I jokingly said to DH, isn't this the guy's turn to win?
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 18th 2008, 1:00 pm

I think that Helio,Kelly and Kristi could outdance any of this group.

lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 18th 2008, 1:54 pm

bamajen wrote:
I think that Helio,Kelly and Kristi could outdance any of this group.

Helio, Kristi and Drew for me, I didn't think Kelly was that great.
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1819
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 20th 2008, 9:51 am

I liked Kelly Monoco, she was adorable and a good dancer, i hate that they had that stupid dance off show where that douche-bag from the Sienfeld show won over Kelly, he wasn't that good.

But YAY!!!! L&L advance to the finale and i can't wait to see their FREESTYLE!!!

Something to think about while disagreeing with someone:
close-mind·ed - Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 7:26 pm

Ok who's gonna win it all???? Can't wait to see their dances tonight. Why in the hell do we need to see a replay???? UGH
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 7:41 pm

DWTS is preempted here due to the Packer Game. Won't come on until 11:30 tonight. big cry
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 7:53 pm

Lori wrote:
DWTS is preempted here due to the Packer Game. Won't come on until 11:30 tonight. big cry

AWW that sucks Lori. But I'm still going with Brooke and Derek.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 7:55 pm

It does suck...boohoo! If anyone wants to throw me a bone and let me know what's going on I would appreciate it! dancing banana
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 8:12 pm

Brooke and Derek ROCKED the house! A perfect score!!!! They danced You're the One That I Want from Grease. Bruno said he saw moves he has only seen in the Karma Sutra!!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 8:31 pm

Oh boy I can't wait to see their dance!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 8:36 pm

I loved their freestyle also, I'm with you Flower. They received a 58 out of 60 Lance and Lacey's freestyle really disappointed me (granted Brooke has been my fav, but I still liked Lance) I thought they'd really bring it. JMO it wasn't my cup of tea so to speak.

ETA: The first dance was a Samba Showdown, they all danced to the same song each one having a solo part Brooke/Derek first, Lance/Lacey then Warren/Kym. I thought that Lance and Lacey did a good job on that one and the scores didn't show it. Brooke and Derek did a good job also. Warren, he's got the crowd but not the moves IMO

Last edited by lovin on November 24th 2008, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 8:37 pm

Brooke and Derek for the win... I hope Smile
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 8:54 pm

Here you go!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 9:06 pm

THANK YOU FLOWERPOWER!!!!!!!

That was awesome - those lifts - unbelievable!
Back to top Go down
bamajen
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 9:42 pm

SPOILER

Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 9:47 pm

Mappy wrote:
Brooke and Derek for the win... I hope Smile

I also want Brooke to win...it is so hard because I really like Lance and Warren too!
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 9:47 pm

I think Lance and Lacey's freestyle really showed their personalities...young, hip and free spirits. I loved it and thought they deserved at least one 10! I thought all 3 couples were on their mark tonight...very enjoyable show.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 10:00 pm

bamajen wrote:
SPOILER

I seen that I'm think WTF? I think Brooke and Lance totally out dance Warren any day of the week. This is what makes me mad about this show, football stars of course have a good following, so it irritates me that they are always at the top. Like Jerry Rice, I didn't think he was good at all, Emmitt was good but not enough to beat out Mario.
Back to top Go down
charlottesweb
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5398

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 24th 2008, 11:55 pm

I've been saying that for three years now...Football Stars have too huge a fan base
and they will be in the finals every time...
I'll grant that Warren is nimble on his feet to be such a large man but he is no where near the dancer that Brooke or Lance are..
IMO Cody was a better dancer than Warren...but Warren has that big football fan base behind him...
One of the judges gave him a 10 on his personality tonight...That sucks.

Brooke is the best dancer but I thought Lance and Laceys HipHop dance was
very good...

'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 25th 2008, 9:32 am

The football palyers always seem to win. No way Warren should win over either Brooke or Lancy. So unfair. I'm hoping DialIdol is dead wrong.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 25th 2008, 9:57 am

Dial Idol I think just says who goes home next or in this case who is 3rd. The final 2 still have to dance for the judges which judges score. So unless he pulls off a damn miracle and scores high enough then he wins. If he wins this I'm gonna be pissed off
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 25th 2008, 9:59 pm

dance BROOKE AND DEREK!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT

But Lance should have been in the top 2 they definately got screwed there.
Back to top Go down
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 25th 2008, 10:43 pm

So Brooke and Derek won? I hope so. I checked here first because I'm on the west coast and wasn't going to watch if Warren won. This is a dancing contest - not a personality contest. He better not have won....and I don't think he should have made it this far anyway - he is NOT a good enough dancer. That's just my opinion. So I hope B and D won.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 25th 2008, 11:07 pm

I really loved Brooke and Derek all season, but I wanted Lance and Lacey to win!! I thought they brought so much spirit and enthusiasm to the show.

Anyway, was Cloris correct tonight when she said that 75% of Broadway shows are closing because of the economy...did I hear her correctly??
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 25th 2008, 11:49 pm

I watched this special a couple days ago on E, "McDonalds Family Tribute on Ice" and was surprised to see Mark Ballas and Dereks band, I didn't know they had a band but maybe this is old news...

Almost Amy was the band name but now is Ballas and Hough Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCtdBLPF97Q

Ballas Hough Band(Formerly Almost Amy) NEW Fall Demo

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Almost+Amy+Band&search_type=&aq=f

Julianne and Derek singing "Under The Same Moon"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvXHD-kEQyA

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
♥ www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy ♥
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 26th 2008, 7:46 am

ebowers wrote:

Anyway, was Cloris correct tonight when she said that 75% of Broadway shows are closing because of the economy...did I hear her correctly??

I was shocked when I heard that. I don't think it's true. Sure I bet some have closed but 75%?

So glad Brooke and Derrick won. I was sweating bullets until I saw the perfect scores from the judges.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 26th 2008, 11:22 pm

There's an interesting thread at ABC 's DWTS message board about the double standard society puts on men and women concerning weight...how it would never be likely that a 300 lb. woman could get second place in the dance competition and yet Warren had so many fans, which nearly won him the competition, and he was thought of as a big teddy bear. Last season, Marissa was racked over the coals for her weight and she sure wasn't 300 lbs.!! And all the hoopla this season over Cheryl and Lacey gaining weight. Very interesting thread...
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16468

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 27th 2008, 9:46 am

ebowers wrote:
There's an interesting thread at ABC 's DWTS message board about the double standard society puts on men and women concerning weight...how it would never be likely that a 300 lb. woman could get second place in the dance competition and yet Warren had so many fans, which nearly won him the competition, and he was thought of as a big teddy bear. Last season, Marissa was racked over the coals for her weight and she sure wasn't 300 lbs.!! And all the hoopla this season over Cheryl and Lacey gaining weight. Very interesting thread...
I love topics like this. There is definitely a double standard re weight in our North American society. A 300 pound woman celebrity who could move just as well as Warren would have been mocked mercilessly, not adored. (Well, she never would have gotten on the show) Also, this may be completely out of left field, but I've observed that there appears to be more societal acceptance for overweight black women than for overweight white women. Has anyone else noticed this or are my observations just anecdotal and not general?
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   November 29th 2008, 9:27 am

MyScott, they sounded great.

lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   January 5th 2009, 6:30 am

Dancing stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff have gotten engaged, PEOPLE has confirmed.

Chmerkovskiy popped the question to his girlfriend of less than six months in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve, according to a source. The couple rang in 2009 at the Wynn Hotel in Sin City.

"They are really cute together," adds the source.

The couple, who have been dating since the summer, are currently performing on the Dancing with the Stars winter tour, which wraps up in mid-February.

Reps for the couple declined to comment.

The eighth season of DWTS kicks off March 9 on ABC.
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   January 5th 2009, 8:04 am

Mappy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   February 26th 2009, 1:52 pm

(Feb. 26) -- Jewel was all set to cut a rug on this season of 'Dancing With the Stars,' but bum knees may keep her out of the competition.

The songstress wrote in her blog that tendonitis in both knees may be the demise of her 'Dancing' career even before the show starts on March 9. "I guess I really over did it on the rehearsal front!" the 34-year-old singer said.

"My knees have been hurting so badly that I finally broke down and talked to Ty's (her husband) knee doctor yesterday. He said I have tendonitis in my knees and that I have to start a course of medicine to try and bring the swelling down. Yuck! It's mainly my left knee, and I can't believe I hurt it so badly," she wrote.

"Now I'm just worried I won't even be able to dance!" she says.

Jewel hints that husband Ty Murray warned her about doing too much too soon, and she jokes that "now he got a big ol' 'I told you so' in!'"

She says she hopes steroids she's taking "will really do the trick and I can keep bad flare ups at a bay in the future
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!   

Back to top Go down

Dancing With The Stars - Tonight's the night!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: