all about big brother ~ aabb
Welcome to All About Big Brother.
No ads if you sign up. Also, you can post if you are a member.
Registration is super easy... you don't even need to respond to an email.
It's probably a good idea to check out "About this site" before posting.

all about big brother ~ aabb

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister
Share | 

True Blood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

Number of posts: 1819
Registration date: 2008-01-13

PostSubject: True Blood   Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:16 am

The New Vampire Show premiered Sunday night on HBO and I loved it!
With the sad departure of Moonlight and my nostalgia for Buffy and Angel, this filled the void left by some of my favorite shows long past.

I wasn't sure i was gonna like it based on the early premise i read, Vampires in Louisiana, Anna Paquin as the hottie? The Vampire love interest Bill not really coming close to David Boreanaz in the hottness department, but as the show went on, he started to grow on me...something about dangerous and broody...

The show is basically about a Louisiana waitress named Sookie (Paquin) who meets a Vampire named Bill. Sookie has a special gift...she can hear people's thoughts and whens he encounters Bill, the voices stop and she is at peace (as a vampire she can't read his mind). She is drawn to him, not just due to the intrigue of not knowing what he's thinking but also because of what he is.

The show is set at a time when Vampire live openly among humans thanks to a vampire independence act and a synthetic blood made in Japan called "TruBlood", but not all people are ok with Vampires walking among them. They are subject to a form of ignorance and bigotry as all people who are different in this word have encountered. They are also hunted for their blood, which is sold as a drug to humans as it makes them feel powerful and sexual feelings are intensified.

Sookie is joined in the cast, by her brother Jason who is a bit of a man whore and also hates vampires. Tara her loud mouth obnoxious best friend who also is overly cautious of vampires. Sam the owner of the bar Sookie works at, he's in love with Sookie, several of her co-workers and her grandmother who is strangely open minded about the whole idea of vampires.

Against her friends and co-workers judgments and pleas, Sookie continues to pursue her relationship with Bill. Her first encounter with him being one of her saving him from some rednecks drug dealers trying to drain his blood. She ignores her friends and everyone else in the town who seems to be prejudice about the undead and comes off as a sort of Vampire Rights Advocate.

I really liked the show, but it's not for the easily offended, lots of full on sex scenes, cussing and violence, but the show is very colorfully and rich in dialogue. I recommend it for anyone needing a little vampire fix.

My only complaints were the vampire teeth used seemed like a really cheesy costume shop effect and the first episode end sooooo abruptly...to the point you were like WTF? What happens!!???

The show is on HBO Sunday nights.

No where close to "Angel" hotness...

Steven Moyer does ok

Images from the show

Something to think about while disagreeing with someone:
close-mind·ed - Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hellataz
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts: 7965
Registration date: 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:45 am

I don't know if I will love the series yet until I see more episodes. I loved the books so much and the show is slightly different than the books. If it continues to follow most of the books, the story is a good one.

I didn't know if I would like Anna Paquin as Sookie, but she is doing fine in the role. The show was definitely more graphic than I expected.

I can't wait until Eric, another vampire, comes into the picture.

The teeth were cheesy. lol!

Cool
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts: 12061
Registration date: 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Nooooooooooooooo! Not cheesy teeth, ugh. That tends to ruin a show for me. I want my Moonlight back, dammit.

Thanks for the critique Taz and ndd, I really appreciate it. I will watch it sometime this week.

Oh and I love love love that picture of David, thank you so much, Taz!!!!!!! I wish all bathtubs came with a hunk like that. Twisted Evil demon banana
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:09 pm

I miss the Angel Hottness! lol, good thing i have all 5 seasons on DVD, as well as all 7 of Buffy where he frequented the screen for 3 years.

The teeth in this show were odd, they kinda looked like toothpicks, as you can see in the first pic of them together i posted, it was odder that some vampires teeth looked like actual fangs and others came down like they were hinged to the roof of their mouth, i really didn't like that.

For you Frances...

close-mind·ed - Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Hellataz wrote:
I miss the Angel Hottness! lol, good thing i have all 5 seasons on DVD, as well as all 7 of Buffy where he frequented the screen for 3 years.

The teeth in this show were odd, they kinda looked like toothpicks, as you can see in the first pic of them together i posted, it was odder that some vampires teeth looked like actual fangs and others came down like they were hinged to the roof of their mouth, i really didn't like that.

For you Frances...

I just fainted! I loved Alex on Moonlight, it was such a good role for him. For making me and I'm sure others very happy with that photo you get this:

I know it's not much but I am grateful for the attention and anything Alex O'Loughlin!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:07 am

Just watched a prevail of episode 2 (air's tonight), i couldn't wait after last weeks crazy suspenseful ending, and this episode was just as good as the last.

For anyone else that can't wait...

Spoiler:

I like this show, it's very edgy. I'm starting to like Sookie more, i originally didn't think she was that pretty, but she's growing into her role, but Bill is still not so hot, i think it's the hair and the cheesy teeth.

Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:00 pm

I finally got around to watching the last three episodes, Taz and I love it! I got a bit spooked by the sex scenes because I forgot I was watching HBO instead network TV. Razz You should have seen my jaw drop. I hope the show stays fresh and keeps my interest. I lose focus kind of easy. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
FLGAL
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts: 479
Registration date: 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:58 am

Frances wrote:
I finally got around to watching the last three episodes, Taz and I love it! I got a bit spooked by the sex scenes because I forgot I was watching HBO instead network TV. Razz You should have seen my jaw drop. I hope the show stays fresh and keeps my interest. I lose focus kind of easy. Embarassed

Tell me about it, I made the unforunate mistake of watching the 1st episode with my teenage son. Too embarrasing!! Embarassed Now, we watch separately.
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star

Number of posts: 2919
Registration date: 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:34 pm

I love True Blood, this has got to be the best new series in a loooooonng time. I sit on the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode, this sunday's show should be good.
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts: 27165
Registration date: 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:10 pm

I've been watching but have to admit that I'm not 'Angeled' by it. May take a few more epis. When I tually remember the night, channel and time it's on,I'll be a true fan.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:48 pm

Loved the books so I am extra tough on the show, I think. Sookie's brother is very good looking much more than Bill.
I only have seen glimpses of Erik, but I hope he turns out to be interesting. Still the only new show I have seen so far.....so I must like it...haha

Cool
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:18 am

FLGAL wrote:
Frances wrote:

Tell me about it, I made the unforunate mistake of watching the 1st episode with my teenage son. Too embarrasing!! Embarassed Now, we watch separately.

OMG! I would be mortified. Of course I say this with a smile because it didn't happen to me. Poor FLGAL! Good idea about watching it separately. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:24 am

I'm too afraid to watch the latest episode....did anyone watch it and was it good?
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:26 pm

TAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Did you watch the last episode yet? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:13 am

Yeppers Smile

Note: Less explicit sex scenes for those wanting to watch with their young adult offspring.

I was bummed that they turned down the heat momentum on Sookie and Bill, it's still lingers but isn't going forward as fast as it was. I was creeped out at the end with Max (that's his name right, the bar owner?) rolling around in the dead waitresses sheets and smelling them, he looked nuts, so maybe they are setting it up to be that he is the killer.

The Vamp Bar scenes were interesting, but i had hoped we'd see more restraint from the vamps now that they can get ready made blood, but so far it only looks like Bill is on the straight and narrow.

Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:28 am

Hellataz wrote:
Yeppers Smile

Note: Less explicit sex scenes for those wanting to watch with their young adult offspring.

I was bummed that they turned down the heat momentum on Sookie and Bill, it's still lingers but isn't going forward as fast as it was. I was creeped out at the end with Max (that's his name right, the bar owner?) rolling around in the dead waitresses sheets and smelling them, he looked nuts, so maybe they are setting it up to be that he is the killer.

The Vamp Bar scenes were interesting, but i had hoped we'd see more restraint from the vamps now that they can get ready made blood, but so far it only looks like Bill is on the straight and narrow.

His name is Sam not Max. LOL
I thought the scenes with Sookie's brother were pretty out there so to speak. As a matter of fact, they use him a lot more than Sookie, which is weird if you have read the books.

I want to see the interactions with Eric and Sookie which they only touched on in this episode. Looking forward to the next episode.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:34 am

Thanks Taz and ndd! I'm weird, I'm sure you all know this by now. But I like to know a little bit about each episode before I watch. I am no good with suspense.

The Sam incident sounds really gross but I enjoy the unusual. I have this problem with always knowing the ending of a movie or show and I get so bored so fast. I don't remember which Saw movie it was but I guessed the guy on the floor was not dead the minute I saw him laying there. My BIL freaks out that I have that ability.

Thanks again, sweetie pies! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:09 pm

True Blood is getting better and better. IMO I can not wait until they bring Eric into the storyline more.
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:48 am

I hate how abrupt the shows end, too much of a cliffhanger...

For those like me who can't wait here are some spoilers, they contain names of characters I'm not sure have premiered yet, so just read through and gather what you can. It probably makes more sense if you read the books.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Hellataz wrote:
I hate how abrupt the shows end, too much of a cliffhanger...

I dislike this also and I combat the cliffhanger feeling by taping and watching two episodes at a time. It really helps but it's difficult to hold off watching that first Sunday.
Back to top Go down
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star

Number of posts: 1894

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:17 pm

I just started watching this and catching up on the episodes. It's interesting, yet disturbing. It's very graphic, even for HBO. The poor actor that plays Sookie's brother is naked in every episode. I do like Bill, and Bill/Sookie thing. I love how he says her name Suhhki. I was very confused about Sam and the dog, but i guess that is/will be becomming more clear.
Back to top Go down
Tinkerbell

Number of posts: 114
Registration date: 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:46 pm

I'm confused about Sam & the dog also. Is Sam some kind of creature/ shapeshifter?
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
I'm confused about Sam & the dog also. Is Sam some kind of creature/ shapeshifter?

Yes, he is.
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:05 pm

NickelPickle wrote:
I just started watching this and catching up on the episodes. It's interesting, yet disturbing. It's very graphic, even for HBO. The poor actor that plays Sookie's brother is naked in every episode. I do like Bill, and Bill/Sookie thing. I love how he says her name Suhhki. I was very confused about Sam and the dog, but i guess that is/will be becomming more clear.

I agree with you.....

I loved the books but the show is so much more into Jason than the books. I can't say it is hard to watch him though. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star

Number of posts: 2919
Registration date: 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:04 am

True Blood has a mind of it's own (thank GOD) from what I have read the series is going in a whole new direction.....With Bill being the killer of LongShadow, when in the books Eric was.....In interviews the author of the Sookie Stackhouse books really loves Eric, but Alan Ball the producer of True Blood is stated to say that he enjoys the Bill/Sookie relationship and built the series around that, I guess we will just have to wait and see in season two how much Alan Ball departs from the books, I hope it's alot where Bill/Sookie is concern I do love me some Bill/Sookie.......
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:34 pm

I have two...TWO...episodes of True Blood to watch saved to my DVR. Do you believe it? The only answer for this is I'm stoned all the time from my pain pills (surgery last week) and it is keeping me calm. If I can make it through to this coming Sunday....OMG....I'll have three back to back epi's to watch. You all must be so jealous. Bwahahaha. boob shake
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:36 pm

lol! Don't you know it.

Frances - glad to see you back posting!!!
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:34 am

ndd123 wrote:
lol! Don't you know it.

Frances - glad to see you back posting!!!

Thanks sweetie pie! I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do. Hug wrap up in arms
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts: 41510
Registration date: 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:19 am

I just read this thread for the first time. Never in my life did I think I would like a show called "True Blood" about vampires but there has been such a buzz about it I started watching, with episode 1 last night. I loved it! I watched it with my husband, and like everyone else was shocked by the graphic sex scene (S and M) and embarrassed but I can deal with that! Can't wait to watch episode 2.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:25 am

Spoiler:

Don't forget tonight is Episode 11...

True Blood - Episode 11 - To Love Is To Bury - Recap (SPOILER) above youtube.

Bill fulfills the conditions of the tribunal's sentence, although he and Eric find that Jessica doesn't quite turn (out) as expected. Trying to solve the mystery behind her most recent vision, Sookie heads to a pie shop with Sam and, later, puts the squeeze on a philandering police officer to get info. Jason helps clean up Amy's mess, worrying about their future but unable to break away. Tara's anger over Lettie Mae's refusal to bail her out of jail is tempered when a wealthy "social worker," Maryann Forrester, comes to her rescue. Disgusted by the hypocrisy of a vamp-bashing State Senator, Lafayette decides to pay him a firsthand visit on the campaign trail. In Bill's absence, a vulnerable Sookie finds comfort with Sam. A distraught Jason finds himself in hot water with Bud and Andy, again.

So excited!!!! boob shake
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:39 am

So, you guys got me all into this show and I watched it in it's entirety and nobody wants to discuss it? What is up with the social worker with the beautiful house? Is she a vampire or a shape changer? I can't believe it is over till next summer. I am still waiting for Big Love to start again. I love that show, and it will be even more interesting now to me with all the scandal surrounding the Mormon Church and Prop 8. (See if I can sneak that in demon banana )
Back to top Go down
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star

Number of posts: 1894

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:07 pm

Moody wrote:
So, you guys got me all into this show and I watched it in it's entirety and nobody wants to discuss it? What is up with the social worker with the beautiful house? Is she a vampire or a shape changer? I can't believe it is over till next summer. I am still waiting for Big Love to start again. I love that show, and it will be even more interesting now to me with all the scandal surrounding the Mormon Church and Prop 8. (See if I can sneak that in demon banana )

Did you guess the killer right? I guess it makes sense, the overly nice guy turns out to be the killer...but i still didn't know.

I read Big Love starts in January.

Last edited by NickelPickle on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:27 pm

No, I thought it was Sam for most of the time. After I realized it wasn't him I was clueless.
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:56 am

Moody wrote:
No, I thought it was Sam for most of the time. After I realized it wasn't him I was clueless.

You silly girl! It could never have been Sam.

I have to say that I will probably be sedated for the coming months because I can't possibly remain stable waiting for Season Two to start this summer. What were these people thinking? This is a show that can't stop...it could cause mass rioting and lots of other bad things. Anytime you want to talk about True Blood just PM me, Moody. I cannot not get enough of it.

Oh, and I do not want Lafayette to be dead. He is the comic relief on the show that I crave. Do you think it was Bill that fed on him? I love the story line about Jessica. I knew she was going to turn out to be a vampire whore. I bet Sookie is going to be pissed when she meets Bill's new protege.

Do you remember the scene in the last episode when Sookie was alone and Bill showed up after she thought he was redead? There was one part where Bill had his right hand on her left cheek and they were kissing. I was drooling. LOL. drool whistle angel Very Happy

Last edited by Frances on Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:58 am

NickelPickle wrote:
Moody wrote:

Did you guess the killer right? I guess it makes sense, the overly nice guy turns out to be the killer...but i still didn't know.

Nickel, what is Big Love? If you like it and Moody as well, I would probably enjoy the show too.
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:46 am

Frances wrote:
NickelPickle wrote:
Moody wrote:

Nickel, what is Big Love? If you like it and Moody as well, I would probably enjoy the show too.

It's about a family of Polyigimists, a husband with three wives and their children. I thought I would HATE it, but I love it, and even adore the family. Great cast. It's on Demand right now on HBO, you can start with the first episode of Season 1.
Back to top Go down
Hellataz1
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Sad Sad Sad no more true blood....till next year

Great finale, I agree with you Frances, I don't want Lafayette to be dead, I hope he's not. Maybe he'll come back next year as a vampire.

No clue about that social worker, she seems fishy and her connection to Sam, and that weird vibrating thing she did on the chair in front of the pig? Maybe she has something to do with Sam being a shape shifter. My First thought was she fed off her wards energy or uses them for something and then maybe turns them into an animal. I kept waiting for the Pig to transform into something.

The Killer, I thought it was Terry I thought he was the face on the police fax, but it was a quick flash so It could have been Rene's face. Too Bad I liked him until he went all psycho.

And yes Moody, it would be interesting about the vampire marriage act story line and prop 8 tie in, but I don't think they will delve into it too much, it was probably just a homage to the proposition and what the writers stance on it was. But I think the show does have an underlying theme of discrimination, just like the X-men Movies (not to get too geeky on anyone) but there's a central theme in those movies as well about humans fearing others that are different from them and discriminating against them through politics and other ways. But in the True Blood show they have made the church the prominent bigot towards those who are different which is more similar to Prop 8.

Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:57 pm

Now that my husband is home (laid off) and I got him hooked on True Blood he is bugging me right now to watch another episode. Sheesh, men! I'm off to make some popcorn and we are taking a break from job hunting. dancing banana demon banana dancing banana
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:21 pm

I appreciate that they start new series off with a good sex scene. This way there is a chance our partners will watch with us! Don't let him tie you up Frances. demon banana
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:07 pm

Frances/Moody - Funny!!
Back to top Go down

True Blood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next