AuthorMessage
Terriliz

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 4th 2009, 3:19 pm

summer wrote:
Witty wrote:
Terriliz wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, and no, I have not just come out of a coma, but does Jason have full custody of Ty?

I believe Jason has shared custody.

But lives with Ty most of the time.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6548
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 4th 2009, 3:26 pm

Probably way off, but maybe there won't be a final rose ceremony with 2 girls. Because he had his hopes way up and then was crushed by Deanna, maybe the girl is told before she gets to the place where the ceremony is at. Only the girl he chooses gets to go.
Back to top Go down
Terriliz

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 9th 2009, 12:47 pm

Here we go from beautiful downtown Tamworth Ontario where the sun is shining and it's +1degree (that's 34 in your language). Break out the T-shirts and shorts!

I figure (HOPE) Naomi goes home tonight, I just don't see a connection and frankly I find her a bit scary. Even tho she's the only Jewish b-ette, (I think) I don't think that will be a consideration as Jason doesn't seem to be overly Orthodox (please excuse the term, I can't think of the proper one).

Be careful of the time tonight, our local station says they are carrying the show at 9pm, however the TV listing still shows 8. My remote will be busy until I get it figured out, Nancy Grace and the latest Caylee news is on at 8 and 10!
Back to top Go down
trubeliver
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9517

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 9th 2009, 3:23 pm

I am in the eastern time zone and I believe The Bachelor will not be on until 9 pm due to President Obama speaking.

I am anxiously awaiting tonight's show as well. Hometown dates are always fun.
Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 9th 2009, 3:35 pm

Heehee... I'm just about beside myself with excitement about the show tonight. DH is not a fan of the bachelor/ette shows and teases me... but then has more questions than I can answer LOL I'll be channel surfing again tonight, but the amount of time on TB gets longer and longer between commercials Wink muahahaha
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 9th 2009, 7:35 pm

Oh boy. DH asked about 24. Sigh. Such problems on a monday night LOLOL
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7974
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 9th 2009, 7:38 pm

Mappy wrote:
Oh boy. DH asked about 24. Sigh. Such problems on a monday night LOLOL

lol!
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 9th 2009, 7:48 pm

I can't wait for 24 all on at the same time it kills me.

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 9th 2009, 7:56 pm

The nerve... and Heroes at 9, also.

I've decided to record Bachelor and Heroes and will watch 24 (although I will take advantage of those long commercial breaks 24 has lol)... then, if I'm still functioning, I'll try to watch TB or wait until bubba goes up for his nap tomorrow lol
Back to top Go down
Terriliz

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 9th 2009, 7:57 pm

Much as I love your new president, couldn't he have chosen to speak tomorrow?

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9886
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 9th 2009, 11:28 pm

Terriliz wrote:
Here we go from beautiful downtown Tamworth Ontario where the sun is shining and it's +1degree (that's 34 in your language). Break out the T-shirts and shorts!

I figure (HOPE) Naomi goes home tonight, I just don't see a connection and frankly I find her a bit scary. Even tho she's the only Jewish b-ette, (I think) I don't think that will be a consideration as Jason doesn't seem to be overly Orthodox (please excuse the term, I can't think of the proper one).

Be careful of the time tonight, our local station says they are carrying the show at 9pm, however the TV listing still shows 8. My remote will be busy until I get it figured out, Nancy Grace and the latest Caylee news is on at 8 and 10!

It's highly unlikely that Naomi is Jewish. Her dad spoke a lot about Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 7:41 am

thatgirl wrote:

It's highly unlikely that Naomi is Jewish. Her dad spoke a lot about Jesus Christ.

I believe he said that they were Judeo-Christian. One of my dearest friends is Jewish, yet she believe Jesus is the Son of God, so she refers to herself as Judeo-Christian or as she sometimes puts it, Jews for Jesus.
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 7:45 am

I read this on another board but didn't notice it myself.

"There was some creative editing tonight. If anyone still has it, look at the rose table after he gives Mel her rose....there is still a rose there. So, Mel was 2nd and Jillian 3rd."

Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 7:48 am

flowerpower wrote:
I read this on another board but didn't notice it myself.

"There was some creative editing tonight. If anyone still has it, look at the rose table after he gives Mel her rose....there is still a rose there. So, Mel was 2nd and Jillian 3rd."

I wonder why the heck they do that?
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 7:51 am

i figured something was up when i saw Jason looking at Naomi the same way he looked at stephanie when he gave Jillian the rose last night.
It was if he was saying "sorry" while hugging Jillian.

I believe they did it to add suspense. The two worst dates were Mel and Naomi, so the avg viewer would think the last rose would come between those two.

good catch on the person who saw it. I didnt pay that much attention since I knew who was going home.

lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 8:14 am

WOW good catch I didn't see that either. Boy I need to open my eyes more!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 8:49 am

Chris' Blog

I have great news for all of you who have been begging (alright, just asking nicely) for more bloopers and behind-the-scenes stuff. This season's Women Tell All special will be two hours. We have already shot a couple segments for this special. I sat down with Jason and got his perspective on the show now that he's had a chance to see it on TV and witness those moments that happened when he wasn't around. We also went through several bloopers and highlights that have never been seen before and didn't make the show. This special will air in two weeks.

Let's deal with some of my favorite comments of yours from this past week. Alana mentioned she watches the show with her husband Roger who's a Marine. I love that couples watch the show together but wanted to give a special salute to any and all of our viewers who serve our country. They do the real work so we have the right to do silly things like blog and tink champagne glasses. Thank you, Roger! Many of you asked about the house where Jason is staying and where we shoot deliberation. This, as many of you commented, is not Jason's real house. This is a house we rented from a lovely couple that I had the pleasure of meeting and sharing a glass of vino with. This is a very cool house, but I don't think any parent would really want to raise a kid in a house completely surrounded by water. We used this house because it looks great and it's only about ten minutes away from the hotel where all the girls stayed and the rose ceremonies were held. Jason does live in Kirkland (which you saw on Deanna's season) which is much further away. A few of you gave me a hard time about my Green Day reference last week. You guys were so right I should have mentioned a local Seattle band like U2.

The hometown week is a rough one on the cast and crew, but it's one of my favorite episodes because, as the old saying goes, you can't pick your family. This is also the first time the women are out of the "bubble" and back around the people they love and trust the most. I always find it interesting how they explain their feelings and how the family and friends react. We started up in Canada with Jillian. This is a perfect example of how a hometown can change everything you know about somebody. Jill went from this happy-go-lucky girl to the woman explaining how her family struggled with but survived her mother suffering from depression. An incredible story and a very touching moment when she opened up to Jason about this. Bottom line: Jason and Jillian left this week closer than they've ever been.

We then dropped down into Grand Rapids, Michigan to visit Molly. There are a few entertaining things you didn't get a chance to see on this date. Jason played beer pong with Molly's family for a couple hours. Also not shown (but you will see it on the Women Tell All special) was Jason losing a bet on the golf course to Molly and having to take his pants off and give them to her. He walked off the course in his boxers! I guess my biggest question for Molly's family is...hats? And the hat box? Apparently, in Jason's mind Molly looks like Jack Nicholson's version of the Joker. Jason told me later he couldn't believe Molly's mom asked him to sketch her. He had no idea what to do and is clearly not an artist. Overall this was also a good hometown visit and he enjoyed his time with Molly and her family.

Then came possibly the greatest hometown date in the history of hometown dates: Naomi in California. It's like a buffet. Where do I start? Let's begin with Naomi's mom's brilliant words to live by: "be one with the hula hoop." I think if we all live by that mantra this world will be a better place. Before any of you start commenting that our devious producers made this up, we didn't...the dead dove was for real. I know. I can't believe it either, but we had nothing to do with this. Jason told me he swore he was being punk'd. The whole time he kept waiting for everybody to start laughing and let him in on the joke, but alas, it was no joke. So he just mumbled his way through it, trying to keep a straight face. I also love the fact that Naomi's mom said the dove killed itself on the windshield of her car and that it wasn't her fault. If I had been there I would have eulogized Rosie (they really named the dead dove?) with these profound thoughts: Rosie, oh blessed bird of peace, I'm sorry it all had to end this way, but thank you for blessing us with maybe the best TV moment I've ever witnessed! As if the dead dove wasn't enough TV gold, Naomi's mom actually one-upped herself by asking Jason about his thoughts on reincarnation. One moment we didn't show you was that Naomi's mom believes she is Joan of Arc reincarnated. (On a side note: I believe I'm Keith Richards reincarnated....what's that? He's not dead yet?) The look on Jason's face while talking to Naomi's mom was priceless. Jason somehow survives Naomi's mom only to be peppered by her dad Hector about his thoughts on Jesus. The fact that Jason is Jewish made this a terrific conversation. Naomi later admitted that maybe we should have discussed our faith before this hometown visit....You think! One last note before I wrap up Naomi's hometown. This was her family's house. I was a little thrown off, as I'm sure you guys were, when you saw the slot machines and the bathroom doors that had male and female signs on them. I could blog another five pages on this date but let's just think of Rosie the blessed dove and fly on. Bottom line: Jason was a little thrown off by this hometown visit (as most humans would have been) and wasn't sure this was the right fit for him and Ty.

While Jason was still trying to recover from his time with Naomi he flew into Dallas only to be told he won't be allowed to meet Melissa's family because they aren't comfortable with the "publicness" of this. This is my official position on this whole ordeal. I fully respect Melissa's parents for not coming on the show and even understand it. They didn't sign up for this, their daughter did. But, while I respect their decision a whole bunch of red flags came up for me, as they did for Jason. Not meeting her parents on TV is one thing but when Jason found out none of her closest friends really knew her family either, that was a little odd. Everything he learned about Melissa on this date was puzzling for him and for the first time really made him question their connection. This is one of those very real situations we've all been in where your heart and gut are telling you one thing, but your head is screaming another. This is not over yet and they will continue to talk about this and deal with it next week on the exotic dates.

We all flew back to Seattle for the deliberation and rose ceremony. Before you blow up the blogosphere, let me just say my wife hated the sweater I was wearing as well. I have to admit, I did kind of look like a priest, but that was in honor of the blessed dead dove Rosie. My outfit aside, this was a very serious and long deliberation as Jason was trying to piece together what was a very long, exhausting and strange week. The decision to let Naomi go was tough for Jason, but he clearly knew she was the one to go this week. He has a very strong connection with the other three and truly feels Naomi has plans that don't really fit with him and Ty right now. A few tidbits from the rose ceremony: The actual ceremony was held in a grand ballroom just up a flight of stairs from the lobby. The hotel hung a big curtain across the stairs to block it from view. We asked the city of Seattle to help us out and block off the street just outside the hotel for a few minutes while Jason walked Naomi out to the limo. This would allow us to have the privacy we needed. They were happy to help but not knowing we were doing this for privacy, the city sent out a press release announcing that the street would be closed for the shooting of the Bachelor television show. Obviously not the best situation, but it was late and we could clearly see there were no photogs around capturing this moment. As Jason announced, we are all off to New Zealand for the final two weeks of the show, and, if you do the math, I'm sure you realize Deanna will be back very soon! Thank you for another great week and I think it's only fitting that we all take a moment and say our goodbyes... to Rosie!
Back to top Go down
Kimmie

Number of posts : 37979

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 9:23 am

hmmmmm, he is praising Jillian and putting more doubt out about Melissa.

wierd

Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 9:24 am

Jason's Weekly Blog. If this is posted somewhere else, please delete.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/02/10/bachelor-jason-blogs-about-hometown-dates-letting-doves-fly/#more-8242

Last night, the Bachelor’s Jason Mesnick trekked all over North America (literally) to visit with the families and friends of the four remaining women — Jillian, Molly, Naomi and Melissa. Here’s what Jason had to say about crossing the border (Oh, Canada, is right!), hitting the fairways of Michigan, the freeways of Southern California and the meeting some friendly folks in Dallas.
What a week! It truly couldn’t have been any better. These four girls, their friends and families are all “AMAZING.” Yes, I know I am getting a lot of flack for using that word over and over again. But there are really no other words that better describe this entire experience. Unbelievable, unreal, great, fantastic are great words, too. But you know what? The best way to describe this experience, the women and all the fun that comes with them is just “AMAZING.”
I had a great time with Jill and her family. She is exactly like her dad — fun, outgoing, caring and honest. I am so thankful that Jillian shared her mother’s story of battling depression with me. I found it so incredibly brave, and I now have a better understanding of why Jill is as strong and supportive as she is. She has always needed to be there for her family, so it was only natural for her to be there for the other girls when they needed it. Her grandma was hilarious. She came in and put a pair of Canadian flag boxers on my head. We all got a great laugh out of it. But what you didn’t see on the show is that they actually got me to put the boxers on as well. I had a blast, and Jillian’s family really set the bar quite high as I headed into three more hometown dates.

Being a golfer my entire life, I was blown away seeing Molly in her preppy gear. That was every golfer’s dream come true! She definitely got a hole in one that day…I wish that you guys had gotten to see more of the hat box at Molly’s house. There were literally 50 to 60 hats in there, and by digging in, I really had to opportunity to be part of a welcoming family tradition. As for the art activity, I admit that I am not much of an artist. But I did my best to portray what I see as Molly’s most beautiful attributes — her smile and her amazing eyes. But I didn’t do her any justice.
My date with Naomi was a real roller-coaster ride… almost literally. Unfortunately, you didn’t get to see the very “memorable” horseback ride that we took together. My horse got a little spooked and started spinning in circles. I really thought it was trying to buck me off. Luckily, I slipped of the back of the horse and it took off. I know it’s not the thing to do if you are trying to impress a girl, but I don’t have much experience with horses!
As for hula-hooping, clearly I suck! I don’t think I have done it since I was about six and that really showed. Let’s just say that I have officially retired from hula-hooping. As for the dead dove, I honestly thought it was a joke at first and I was just playing along. That was until the bag was opened and a feather flew out. I thought, Are you kidding me? Is this really happening? Am I really about to do a eulogy for a wild dove?’ I had no idea what to say. Really, I think Naomi’s mom was just having fun with us all.
I had an interesting conversation with Naomi’s father about religion. I am not a person that has practiced a lot of religious faith. My conversation with her father was very unexpected. He is a great man with a lot of faith and I learned a lot about him and I really respect his belief system.
My trip to Dallas was great. Of course I was disappointed that Melissa’s parents were not comfortable meeting me under these circumstances, but I do respect their wishes. I know that there was a part of Melissa that I wasn’t able to see. But I also know that her parents didn’t ask to be a part of this journey and they made the decision that was best for them. But it did allow me to meet some of her very best friends and see a part of her that I wouldn’t have been able to see otherwise. I was able to get a real glimpse at her everyday life, and what it would be like to continue hanging out with her. I loved seeing her with her friend’s children. The tooth fairy box that Melissa made for Ty was so thoughtful and showed me how much attention she was paying to everything I said. It also showed me that she was not just thinking about me, but she was thinking about Ty as well.
The rose ceremony was tough because I had to say goodbye to Naomi. She and I are very similar in so many ways. I made my decision because I realized in my heart that Naomi has huge wings and she needs to fly and experience more in the world. She is a great girl and I know I made the right decision for all of us.
Seriously, next week is going to be AMAZING. I take Moll, Mel and Jill to New Zealand for the ride of our lives.
Back to top Go down
Mrs C
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 9:39 am

Thanks for the blogs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CanadianDawn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 9:41 am

This was posted at JU....I hope I am allowed to post this link, if not someone just slap me lol

http://www.newsnet5.com/video/18679990/index.html

I thought it was interesting, and I dont want to give it away so have a little peek!! lol
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 10:00 am

Thanks witchie! If only drunken
Back to top Go down
Mappy

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 10:01 am

Thanks lovin and Jack'd, too. Nice neat bundle! Love when that happens Smile
Back to top Go down
CanadianDawn
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 10th 2009, 11:07 am

There you are Mappy!! dance

I have looking around to see if RS has posted his latest "clue"!! lol If he waits to long my brain will be mush today!! lol
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   February 16th 2009, 6:44 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/16/arts/television/16bach.html
Bachelor With Tyke Appeal Restores Show’s Luster

A few television seasons ago Mike Fleiss, creator and producer of “The Bachelor,” believed the show was “winding down.” No more magazine covers on the bachelor and his rose-draped choices, very little buzz except among the dwindling number of rabid fans.

The numbers are no longer dwindling; the magazines are hungry again for “Bachelor” news; and in its 17th iteration (counting “Bachelorette” editions) ABC’s longest-running reality series is an indisputable hit again.

The show is up about 2.5 million viewers from last season, and with more than 11 million viewers a week, it is reaching its biggest audience in five years.

The reason for the surge is surely this edition’s bachelor, Jason Mesnick. What’s he got that some previous hunky heroes (a football player, an actor, a doctor, a “global financier”) didn’t? A little boy. (Ty is 3 years old.)

The single-dad factor has made the divorced Mr. Mesnick appealing on a different level — the nurturing level. “He seems more mature, ready for a real relationship,” Mr. Fleiss said in a telephone interview. Maybe he will actually marry the woman to whom he hands the final rose, which would complete the show’s implied promise of perfect romantic fantasy.

But the other reason Mr. Mesnick, described on the show as an account executive for an estate-planning business, seems to have clicked is that the show’s fans are familiar with him. He wound up the hard-luck loser in the show’s last “Bachelorette” edition, when, after he got down on a knee to propose, he was thrown over in favor of Jesse Csincsak, a professional snowboarder.

Mr. Fleiss noted that the show had developed a kind of “ongoing thread” beginning with “Bachelor” 11, when a bar owner, Brad Womack, violated the rules by winnowing the field to the final two contestants (“F2” in fan parlance) — and then rejecting both.

One of the jilted women, DeAnna Pappas, became the next “Bachelorette” and made what most fans considered a monumental blunder by choosing Mr. Csincsak over Mr. Mesnick. Now Mr. Mesnick is back to stitch up his wounded heart with Molly, Jillian or Melissa. One of them will be dumped Monday night, and the remaining two will appear in a three-hour finale (including the traditional “After the Final Rose” recap) next week.

Mr. Fleiss promises that the finale will leave fans hyperventilating. “It’s insane, honestly,” he said. “It’s Chayefsky-esque,” he added, referring to the screenwriter Paddy Chayefsky. “The last hour is pure ‘Network.’ ”

As in the movie “Network,” written by Chayefsky, in which an anchorman loses his mind and viewers start screaming out their windows?

I don’t mean it’s like his writing,” Mr. Fleiss said. “I mean in the freakishness of it.”

This will be welcome news to ardent followers of “The Bachelor.” Internet boards devoted to the show are filled with intricate analyses of every kiss, touch and longing glance.

One poster, with the tag “hooked on absurdity,” put it this way: “The sad but very pathetic fact of the matter is that I haven’t even seen an entire episode this season (I usually just tune into the last few minutes to see who stays) and I can NOT, NOT, NOT tear myself away from this crack!”

Mr. Mesnick seems to have had a similar effect on many viewers. The strength of “The Bachelor” this season is even more impressive because it had been surviving for a couple of years only as a satellite of the far more successful ABC reality competition “Dancing With the Stars.”

This season ABC sent “The Bachelor” out on its own, and into the most competitive night on television, against hits like “House,” “Two and a Half Men” and “Heroes.” While it has yet to top the first two in viewers, the audience for “The Bachelor” has grown almost every week. ABC is so encouraged by the show’s performance that it has scheduled a second “After the Final Rose” special for Feb. 24, the better to cover all the late-breaking developments, Mr. Fleiss said.

And there will be more. “We’re working on picking the ‘Bachelorette’ for this summer’s series,” he said.

Bet on whoever goes roseless on the next two episodes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick   

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 13 - Jason Mesnick
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Bachelor (ette)-
Jump to: