Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 8th 2012, 10:11 pm

OK someone help me out here....I'm trying to pull this picture of MR HOTTIE up above here and I can't seem to get it. If someone could post it to my twitter I would love you forever. I was trying to describe him to my boss, since that is all we've talked about this week. Smile

Ebowers, him saying that doesn't bother me, but PLENTY of the other stuff he does sure has....wait until you read later...OMG!

ETA: nevermind...went to my desktop and got it Smile

Last edited by lovin on June 8th 2012, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 8th 2012, 10:12 pm

ebowers wrote:
Hey Shug! Welcome back...just the other day I said to myself, I wonder where Shug is these days?? Hurry and read the books so you can post with us about them.

I actually think Ana is too good for Christian. I bristle when he says things like you are mine...all mine. scared I think Ana should talk to Dr. Flynn again, pronto!

lovin, I have hopes for these two after reading your post.

Thanks for the welcome back eb. I missed all of you, especially in this thread. I'm off to Hastings to get the books asap. Can't wait to read them after reading all of the great comments.

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 12115
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 8th 2012, 10:52 pm

((((((Shug))))))

I've missed you as well. Now, get to fetchin' and get those books! eating popcorn demon banana cheek kiss
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 9th 2012, 8:17 am

HAHAHAHA! I posted Mr Delicious' picture on my facebook, you should see the comments....yep we are in agreement on my facebook that this should be Christian Grey!! Where can we vote? LOL! Although it would probably be good if we knew his name. He's Mr. Mystery!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 9th 2012, 9:22 am

LOL Lovin, add EL James' page to your facebook and also, the fifty shades fan page. I have posted Me Hotness's picture to both so we need to get more likes. If there are enough, maybe they will try and find out who he is. He is PERFECT!!!
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 9th 2012, 1:56 pm

lovin wrote:
OK someone help me out here....I'm trying to pull this picture of MR HOTTIE up above here and I can't seem to get it. If someone could post it to my twitter I would love you forever. I was trying to describe him to my boss, since that is all we've talked about this week. Smile

Ebowers, him saying that doesn't bother me, but PLENTY of the other stuff he does sure has....wait until you read later...OMG!

ETA: nevermind...went to my desktop and got it Smile

scared (at the above bolded!!)

I hope nothing is wrong with me, but I don't like that mystery man as Christian. I pictured Christian with darker hair and I don't like the curls on this guy. IMHHO, this mystery guy looks too feminine to me. Now I will zip a lip .

One more thing, GO ANA...stay strong!!!
Back to top Go down
Shug
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2842
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 9th 2012, 4:38 pm

Frances wrote:
((((((Shug))))))

I've missed you as well. Now, get to fetchin' and get those books! eating popcorn demon banana cheek kiss

I'm on my way Frances! Your excitement over these books has made me soooooo curious! Very Happy

I've missed you terribly! cheek kiss

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2210

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 22nd 2012, 7:36 am

Those of you that have read any of John Locke's books may be interested to note his newest book, CALLIE'S LAST DANCE, is on Amazon for 99¢. Since his books are starting to come out in paperback, Amazon will only have his newest book on Kindle at this price for a short time. Then it will go up in price. Again, this is a fast paced, "couldn't-put-it-down" book that might make you want to start the series over from the beginning.

KayS

Number of posts : 25132
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 22nd 2012, 7:50 am

Thanks! I love John Locke's books
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14481
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   January 21st 2013, 4:46 pm

Did anyone watch the inaugeration today?

I loved the poem by Richard Blanco

Here's a link to view the reading or read the poem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   July 8th 2013, 12:24 am

Has anyone read, Zen and the Art of Vampires (2008) by Katie MacAlister? If so, is there a sequel?

ETA: Never mind, I found what I was looking for. lol! 
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   October 31st 2013, 3:33 pm

If anyone likes Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series, several are on sale today for $1.26 for the kindle. Awesome deal!!!
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   October 31st 2013, 7:20 pm

Kay, is Janet Evanovich a mystery/crime novelist?

I can only "read" audiobooks now (eyes). At my local library I can go online and download five audiobooks at a time and I'm in heaven. Of course, the selection is quite small compared to Kindle.

Thanks for always updating this thread...books are a gift.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   October 31st 2013, 7:32 pm

She is a bounty hunter (inept) from Trenton NJ, has a hamster and a passion for tastykakes and 2 hot men in her life.  Books are HILARIOUS.  She has Lulu for her helper, and her Grandma is still looking at the men even though everything sags!!!  I know they have audio books at my library for her series.
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   October 31st 2013, 7:43 pm

Interesting! I will look for the series next time I download more books.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   November 1st 2013, 9:32 pm

My brother posted this book on facebook.  I thought I would share it here.  The subject matter might be too violent, so I'm not sure anyone would be interested.  I bought it today.

Quote :
The Beast: Riding the Rails and Dodging Narcos on the Migrant Trail by Oscar Martinez

Editorial Reviews
Review
"… Martínez’s debut is the hard-won result of immersive journalism."—Kirkus

"This searing account of the hardships suffered by Central American migrants headed through Mexico to the United States comes from true shoe-leather reporting." —Publisher's Weekly

“To understand the dramatic realities faced by the migrants who flee northwards to find work in the United States, Óscar Martínez literally jumped trains and dodged killers. He deserves praise not only for his efforts, and for what he writes about, but because he writes so very well.”
—Jon Lee Anderson, staff reporter for the New Yorker

“A heartbreaking book about the world’s most invisible people. A revelatory work of love and hair-raising courage.”  —Alma Guillermoprieto, Latin America correspondent for the New York Review of Books, author of Dancing with Cuba

“Óscar Martínez is a journalist of uncommon bravery and a writer of prodigious talent. The Beast is a powerful, necessary book, one of the finest pieces of journalism to emerge from Latin America in years.” —Daniel Alarcón, author of At Night We Walk in Circles

About the Author
Óscar Martínez writes for ElFaro.net, the first online newspaper in Latin America. The original edition of his book Los migrantes que no importan was published in 2010 by Icaria and El Faro and a second edition by Mexico’s sur+ Ediciones in 2012. Martínez is currently writing chronicles and articles for El Faro’s project, Sala Negra, investigating gang violence in Latin America. In 2008, Martínez won the Fernando Benítez National Journalism Prize in Mexico, and in 2009, he was awarded the Human Rights Prize at the José Simeón Cañas Central American University in El Salvador.
It's non-fiction

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4245
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   December 24th 2013, 12:39 pm

The Divergent Series!

I have read the first one,almost done with the second one and have purchased the third one.
Back to top Go down
butterfly3851
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   January 4th 2014, 12:34 pm

Read the first two Divergent Series - loved them - liking the trailer for the movie. Next on tap for me is reading the third book.

Anybody read The Goldfinch by Donna Tart? On lots of best books list for 2013 - interesting long read - I'm 2/3 's done - not sure where it's going or if I've ever read any book like it before. I'm enjoying it though - The main character Theo has so many twists and turns in his life - makes so many mistakes - yet you still find yourself routing for him.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3241
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   January 29th 2014, 8:02 pm

butterfly3851 wrote:
Read the first two Divergent Series - loved them - liking the trailer for the movie.  Next on tap for me is reading the third book.

Let me know what you think of the third book.
Can't wait to see the Divergent movie in March!

Has anyone ever heard of or read The Immortals of New Orleans series?

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   January 30th 2014, 12:47 pm

I've read the first Divergent book but got sidetracked before I could read the other two. Should make a great movie!

Looks like the first book of the "Immortals of New Orleans" is free! I now own it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   January 30th 2014, 8:08 pm

Gail wrote:

My local library does not carry this as a book or audiobook. I'm devastated. Going to crawl in bed and hide under the covers.  Sad
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3241
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   January 31st 2014, 8:44 am

Frances wrote:
Gail wrote:

My local library does not carry this as a book or audiobook. I'm devastated. Going to crawl in bed and hide under the covers.  Sad

Frannie, I had never heard of it until two days ago, and was curious. What have you heard about the series?

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   January 31st 2014, 9:48 am

Gail wrote:
Frances wrote:
Gail wrote:

Frannie, I had never heard of it until two days ago, and was curious. What have you heard about the series?

I hadn't heard of them till I read your post. LOL. I know nothing except vampires are involved so of course I want to read the series.

I recommend books to my library all the time and I guess I'm not worth the effort because they never order the books. It kills me that the library has some books by an author but not all.

If you find out more regarding The Immortals please let me know.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   May 31st 2014, 10:16 pm

I finally finished Gone Girl. Now I can't wait for the movie.

I'm not sure I liked the ending. Has anyone read it? If so, what did you think of the ending?

Number of posts : 16463

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 1st 2014, 6:22 am

I liked the alternating point of view structure featured in the first part of the book. Did he?, didn't he? Then I started to realize that it was a story about the courtship and marriage of a narcissist and a sociopath.
As much as I began to dislike the characters, I had to finish it.
The ending sent a chill up my spine.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 1st 2014, 9:59 am

I read Gone Girl, catty, and found the ending most disappointing. But, I couldn't put the darn book down! My husband, who is an avid reader, said it was one of his all time favorite books. We look forward to the movie. Do you know who will star in it?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35311
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 1st 2014, 11:42 am

IMDB for the movie: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16463

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 1st 2014, 3:13 pm

Ben Affleck ... interesting. Neil Patrick Harris as the creepy former boyfriend? I think I'll watch!
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 1st 2014, 7:29 pm

catty wrote:
I finally finished Gone Girl.  Now I can't wait for the movie.

I'm not sure I liked the ending.  Has anyone read it?  If so, what did you think of the ending?

I saw the preview for the movie this past week, Catty, I have to go get the book now because I really want to see the movie when it comes out. (the preview looked so good)
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 1st 2014, 7:55 pm

CJ and ebowers the characters were so unlikeable! Maybe that was my problem. The ending just made my mind wander to a dark place. I didn't expect that, but I probably should have.

Thanks Nancy for the link. I knew about Ben Affleck, but not Neil Patrick Harris. I do like the director.

Moe have fun reading the book!!

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2210

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   June 5th 2014, 8:03 am

With the movie coming out, has anyone read THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green?

I read it with my dictionary app open and a tissue box next to me. Loved the book, but do teenagers use that kind of vocabulary?

catty

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   August 29th 2015, 5:10 pm

Was anyone aware that "The Girl in the Spider's Web" was the 4th installment of the Lisbeth Salander series? Not sure I should buy it since it's a different author continuing the series.

If anyone has read it, let me know if you liked it. I might still get it on my kindle.

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   September 4th 2015, 2:55 am

Sorry, Catty...I've never heard of the series.

Has anyone read the Divergent series? I read the first book and saw the movie, loved them both. Is the second book worth my time? I haven't heard much about Insurgent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Reading   

Back to top Go down

Recommended Reading
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Entertainment :: Books and Reading-
Jump to: