Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Washed Up
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 9th 2008, 7:40 pm

I liked the show. I like Jerrell but his designs and quality of sewing were not up to the other three. I really hope Leanne wins.
Back to top Go down
nov1962
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2919
Registration date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 9th 2008, 8:29 pm

For me Korto is the designer that I would wear now, if she had a line in the store...Leann is good but not my style, I wish Kenley was not in the final 3.....
Back to top Go down
Mappy
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 10th 2008, 9:58 am

Wow... all three female finalists! Gonna have to catch this on rebound.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8856
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 15th 2008, 12:50 pm

did not like Jerrell's Wedding Dress, and the flower on the head, sorry doh

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 15th 2008, 12:59 pm

Loved Kenley's dresses

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 15th 2008, 1:03 pm

Leanne's dresses were beautiful too.

Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 15th 2008, 1:11 pm

Reminder finale tonight

Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 1:09 am

IMO, all three girls did a great job at Bryant Park. I especially loved Cato's and how she tied it in with nature and her heritage...outstanding!! I was a fan of Leanne's from the beginning! I really enjoyed this season. clap
Back to top Go down
Moody

Number of posts : 41510
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 5:28 am

So, Lee Ann won project runway. All three are amazing talents. I am in awe of people with creative talents such as these.
Back to top Go down
sweetcheeks
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 7:34 am

I didn't get to see the end of the season, but CONGRATS to Lee Ann. I'm really happy to hear she won. Remember how she struggled in the beginning of the season? She was close to being "out" very early on. They told her she was having trouble separating her self from her designs. Some of her first designe were actually kind of "frumpy-ish". How awesome for her that she could take their criticism and feedback and bounce back to win the season. Wow.

BTW, I love her more recent designs and would definitely buy them.
Back to top Go down
jfan
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3181
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 9:00 am

I thought all three did a great job with their collections. But Lee Ann's were my favorite so I am glad she won. BTW, I also looked at Joe's and Jerrell's collections and I think the right three people made the finals. I did not like either of their work at all.

Loved these two dresses of Lee Ann's - the color takes my breath away.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3983
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 10:56 am

I'm glad Leanne won, too, but I admit to feeling sad for Korto. I really liked most of her things, too, and I liked her, as a person. I thought it was kewl that Tim got to be the guest judge (love that man!), and I LOVED the way Leanne's model practically bounced out from behind the curtain and ran into Leanne's arms, when she learned that she'd won. Sweet.

Did you see Tim Gunn's blog?

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/season/5/blogs/index.php?blog=tim_gunn&article=2008/10/finale_part_2#breadcrumbs

Finale, Part 2

Well, for me, this episode was the Project Runway first among Project Runway firsts! Why? Because I served as a judge for the first time (and, hopefully, the last time) ever. Here's the back story: Bravo and the executive producers approached me before our Bryant Park show to say that there may be a problem with our guest judge and, consequently, how would I feel about filling in. At first, my response was a roll-up-your-sleeves and "make it work!" form of positive thinking, but as I contemplated the reality of it, I pushed back and refused. Consider the following: I still had another visit to the designers that night and there would be a considerable amount of time needed to support them in the morning before the show. How could I be both a mentor and a judge and service their needs appropriately and responsibly? I believed that I couldn't. So, to make a very long story a wee bit shorter, we ended Thursday night's bevy of phone calls in the following way: Bravo and the producers would ardently search for a replacement judge and I would return to my work with the designers assuming that I would not be a judge If I were to be needed in that role, then I wouldn't be informed of that need mere moments before the show. Otherwise, I could be perceived by the designers (and anyone else mind you) as being duplicitous and insincere. That would never do. Furthermore, Kenley and I were engaged in an semi-incendiary relationship, and the worst thing that could happen would be for her to lose and have me perceived as being the reason why. Oy!

So, we know what happened: Our guest judge backed out at the last minute, a celebrity replacement couldn't be found on such short notice, and I filled in. With 10 minutes and counting until our show, Heidi came to me and asked, "So, you're ready to do this, no?" I replied, "To be honest, I don't know. I have an altogether different relationship with the designers than you and Nina and Michael have. I don't know." Heidi reared back and asked, "Tim Gunn, are you telling me that with all of your years of teaching you can't put your relationships aside and look at their work impartially? I thought about her wise words and responded, "Of course I can! Let's go!" We hugged and kissed and off we went.

Don't ever wish to be a guest judge on the show! To be blunt, I don't know how the judges do what they do and as well as they do: The collections pass by quickly, you have to wrap your brain around each piece of each collection immediately, and you have to come to terms with some comparative assessment right away. AND, I had the distinct advantage of intimately knowing the designers' work, yet is was still daunting. In any case, it really was very, very difficult. And there was one very important dimension to this process: seeing the clothes walk. Generally speaking, I don't see them walk. Rather, I see everything static on dress forms. Walking is an altogether different experience and it brings everything to life. So, in that sense, my experience with each designer's collection couldn't have been fresher and newer.

Here are my thoughts about the three collections:

Leanne WINS, and what a win it was! We saw all of the conceptual content that really is at the core of Leanne's point of view, and we saw it tempered and orchestrated with precision. As I said to her during the home visit: "I always trust that you will present masterful technique, but can you give your work feeling, emotion?" This was her personal challenge. And she did it. All of the strong architectural elements that are Leanne were clearly present, but her looks possessed a buoyancy and an ease, an effortlessness that belied each items structure. Furthermore, her collection was the result of superb editing; had she not brought her critical eye and judgment to each looks and its relationship to every other look, then there may have been a different outcome.

Kenley presented a strong point of view and excellent execution, neither of which were surprises, and both of which were appropriately lauded.

I loved Kenley's textile choices and her hand-painting, which was a risky endeavor, and the silhouettes couldn't have been more her. But when the looks walked, they possessed a stiffness that I wasn't prepared to experience. Static on a dress forms, her looks beautifully captured the essence of her inspiration: "painting the roses red" from Alice in Wonderland. (When I made my home visit to her, Kenley resisted revealing her inspiration, which confounded me. When she finally relented, she gave me an epiphany. "Now I get it!" I declared.) But when the clothes walked on the runway, they retained much of their static appearance; that is, most of the looks moved like stiff pasteboard. I could see Kenley's collection emanating a major "wow!" factor in an editorial spread in Elle, but I had a hard time imagining how they would or could navigate and function in the real world. Still, I loved the fantasy aspect of the collection and its other-worldliness.

Korto fully embraced her African heritage and her Americanism. Furthermore, she was successful embracing that goal, which is no small task, especially since the entire collection could have been a costume festival. Her silhouettes, alone, told her story, and when you add the colors, textures, and jewelry, her entire collection was uplifted. Color is nothing if not subjective, and I applaud her decision to step away from the expected and mix up her largely taupe palette with vibrant greens and blues. And the jewelry? Well, from my perspective it was all inextricable from the larger aspect of her point of view and, more particularly, to the individual looks themselves. I loved it. Is her collection for everyone or anyone? Of course not, but whose it?

Congratulations to all!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 11:06 am

Michael Kors' blog . . .

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/season/5/blogs/index.php?blog=michael_kors&article=2008/10/whats_next#breadcrumbs

What's Next

Leanne put together something that was interesting and sophisticated and it definitely had a point of view. In a weird way she managed to have a focused collection that still had variety. She took an idea and she stretched it. The clothes were young as well as sophisticated at the same time.

What's next for her? Well, everyone thinks that they have to put on this big runway show and that's not necessarily always the case. I think her clothes are very much about seeing the workmanship, the detailing and all that, so I definitely think she's got the goods to do her own thing. I don't think she should feel obliged to do a big show right away. I think there's something to be said about things growing slowly and organically and that might be better for her. Then people can really see the clothes up close, because when you put the kind of workmanship into something that's understated, things can get lost. She could do a fun presentation, maybe, or a still life on mannequins. I don't think she necessarily has to rush out and put on a whole show. I think her clothes will be appreciated in both Europe and Japan so she should probably think about bringing it over her line to Paris where you're going to find more of the European buyers as well as the Asian buyers. Once again, I think her clothes will do really well in Asia. I think they have an understanding of sophisticated workmanship. You're not going to see her clothes in the local mall. They're not for that. She's got to keep it high-end and sophisticated and keep her focus, which I think she will.

As for Korto's collection. I remember the beads well. There was one asymmetrical dress where the beads were built in and I loved that. Everything she wanted her collection to be - ethnic without being costume-y, playful with color - she managed to hit that with certain parts of the collection. But I think the necklaces, when they were just necklaces on their own, looked added.

With Kenley the reality is you have to have a confidence in what you do and you have to believe that you're right. A designer needs a big ego because you really are going around and telling people "You're wrong and I'm right." But I think that there are ways to do it gracefully. It's the kind of industry where you're always going to have good feedback, bad feedback, or sometimes no reaction, whether it's the woman in a store, the buyer, or the press. It's always a public thing, not a private thing. The important thing to remember is as much as it might burn you when someone criticizes you, the real reality is you don't have to take it totally verbatim. I think she takes things totally verbatim. And one can listen and say, "I got what you're saying but I'm ultimately going to do what I want to do, thanks for the input" and maybe you will learn something. You should learn something. When you think you know it all at 25 then your career's going to be really short. The whole point of fashion is that you never know it all. She's gotta learn how to keep her point-of-view and her confidence, but learn how to be a little more of a lady. Granted, being tough never hurt anyone in fashion.

She's obviously got a point-of-view. She's got a great hand. The painting on those clothes was just gorgeous. In general, the quality and the craftsmanship of everything she sent out was beautiful. But I think when people are dress designers, which is really what she is, it doesn't make for the most compelling fashion show. It might make a very nice line. I think that in history there have been a lot of designers who are "dress houses," so to speak. They don't do a whole collection and they can have very successful businesses. It's hard to tell a varied story when you are so specifically dress-oriented and especially when your look is so particular. So I think she could put a line together and do very well with it. There's always going to be someone who likes something feminine and flirty and she's another one where I don't necessarily think the runway is always going to be her best friend.

I think the greatest thing that has happened from the show in the last five seasons is that it's certainly made people aware that their clothes don't just appear in their closet. It's kind of like knowing the farmer who grows the crop. Suddenly you have an appreciation for the food that's on your table. I think that Runway has really opened people's eyes to know that this is an incredibly difficult endeavor and it takes real tenacity and talent. I think that's the greatest part of the show for me. I'm a real fashion person so when something turns the corner and I think it's really spectacular that's the greatest moment for me. When Christian's show started and I saw the chicness of this 3-Musketeers silhouettes I thought "Wow." Same thing with Leanne. I look at the whole thing lined up and I think this is what we're here for. I'm happy when it looks great. My other highlight is sometimes just losing it laughing. Whether it's the wrestling challenge or... just losing it laughing in general! As much as I love it all and we are excited about it and spend so much time doing it, at the end of they day, they are just clothes. And sometimes it's good to just laugh about it all.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 11:59 am

I agree that the final three were the correct ones, They all three did a great job. I think these three had the best finale showing of all the seasons.

Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 12:21 pm

i met Nick Verreos from project runwy:]
Back to top Go down
ndd123
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7965
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 7:14 pm

icecoffee wrote:
I agree that the final three were the correct ones, They all three did a great job. I think these three had the best finale showing of all the seasons.

I agree, the show was great and they were all talented in different ways.

Inkydinkydoo - Thanks for posting Tim Gunn's blog - Love him...

:flower:
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 7:22 pm

adrixoxo wrote:

You did? How? Where? Detail Details!!!
Back to top Go down
adrixoxo
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 16th 2008, 10:36 pm

Moody wrote:
adrixoxo wrote:

You did? How? Where? Detail Details!!!

in San Fransico,
you know FIDM?
the school Lauren from the hills goes to?
there.
but the one SF..
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   October 17th 2008, 5:01 am

That's so neat!
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25132

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   November 17th 2008, 11:50 am

Just a bit of trivia. My daughter was in New York this past weekend, and a friend of hers took her to Mood. It's the fabric store where they get all the fabric for Project Runway. She said it was amazing!

http://www.moodfabrics.com/
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   November 17th 2008, 1:09 pm

flowerpower wrote:
Just a bit of trivia. My daughter was in New York this past weekend, and a friend of hers took her to Mood. It's the fabric store where they get all the fabric for Project Runway. She said it was amazing!

http://www.moodfabrics.com/

You scared me for a minute... but yeah, I have noticed that store and wondered about it while watching the show. How cool your daughter got to see it. I would never have thought to actually go check it out.
Back to top Go down
Candace
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   March 19th 2009, 1:17 am

Project Runway: Former contestant charged with assault
Mar 18, 2009, 10:46 PM | by Sean Smith
Categories: Television

She wasn't going for elegance, Heidi. Kenley Collins, the beautiful-but-brusque
season 5 finalist on the reality series Project Runway, was arrested Tuesday
in Brooklyn on assault charges, People.com reports.

Collins, 26, allegedly attacked a man with her laptop computer. Police charged
her with two counts of assault, plus criminal possession of a weapon
and harrassment.

Unconfirmed early reports from TMZ.com
said that the designer, known for her glam 1940s style, had allegedly
attacked her sleeping ex-fiancé with water, the laptop, some apples and
her pet cat. TMZ.com also reported that Collins was being held in jail.

Houseguest

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   March 19th 2009, 4:26 am

scared

She was one nasty lady -
The poor cat !
Back to top Go down
Moody

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   March 19th 2009, 5:38 am

icecoffee wrote:
Project Runway: Former contestant charged with assault
Mar 18, 2009, 10:46 PM | by Sean Smith
Categories: Television

She wasn't going for elegance, Heidi. Kenley Collins, the beautiful-but-brusque
season 5 finalist on the reality series Project Runway, was arrested Tuesday
in Brooklyn on assault charges, People.com reports.

Collins, 26, allegedly attacked a man with her laptop computer. Police charged
her with two counts of assault, plus criminal possession of a weapon
and harrassment.

Unconfirmed early reports from TMZ.com
said that the designer, known for her glam 1940s style, had allegedly
attacked her sleeping ex-fiancé with water, the laptop, some apples and
her pet cat. TMZ.com also reported that Collins was being held in jail.

OMG!!! I can totally see Kenly doing that-- so it was her ex. Hmmm He had her put in jail! Wow. I hope to hear more about this. demon banana
Back to top Go down
inkydinkydoo
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   March 19th 2009, 6:27 am

How "Kenley"-ish. Rolling Eyes I wonder if that why he's her ex, or if he was her ex before that happened.

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   March 19th 2009, 7:03 am

...the designer, known for her glam 1940s style, had allegedly
attacked her sleeping ex-fiancé with water, the laptop, some apples and her pet cat...

OMG laugh so hard I crie I needed that! Poor puddytat. Thanks Ice!
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14482
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   April 2nd 2009, 3:55 pm

Project Runway returns this summer!!! Lawsuit was settled.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/04/project-runway.html

'Project Runway' lawsuit settled; season 6 to air this summer on Lifetime

Apr 1, 2009, 04:48 PM | by Missy Schwartz

After being orphaned for almost a year due to legal deadlock, the sixth season of Project Runway has finally found a home: on Lifetime, where it will air this summer. "NBC Universal, The Weinstein Company and Lifetime have resolved their disputes," read a statement released today by NBC Universal, which owns Bravo, Runway's home for five seasons. "The Weinstein Company will pay NBCU for the right to move Project Runway to Lifetime. All of the parties are pleased with the outcome." (When The Weinstein Co. announced last April that Runway would be moving to Lifetime, NBC Universal sued for breach of contract. Eventually, The Weinstein Co. countersued NBC Universal for allegedly failing to properly promote season 5, and Lifetime then sued both parties.)
Also in a statement, Lifetime Networks President and CEO Andrea Wong said: "I couldn’t be more excited that Lifetime will bring its viewers an amazing, all-new season of Project Runway this summer. As the highest-rated cable network for women, Lifetime is the perfect home for this outstanding program as well as its companion series, Models of the Runway. All of us at Lifetime are thrilled to move forward with Heidi, Tim, Nina, Michael, The Weinstein Company and the entire Project Runway team."
As for Harvey Weinstein, the Bravo statement quoted him as saying, "'I want to personally congratulate [President and Chief Executive Officer of NBC Universal] Jeff Zucker and NBCU on their success in the litigation and thank Jeff for resolving this in a professional manner. We look forward to working together on our ongoing projects.'" And in a statement of his own, Weinstein looked forward to not only the next five seasons of Runway (on Lifetime), but also spin-off shows Models of the Runway and Project Pygmalion. "With these upcoming shows and the success of our new series The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency on HBO, we are very excited about the continued growth of The Weinstein Co’s television division," Weinstein said. "We are also looking forward to working with NBC Universal on the upcoming theatrical release of Inglourious Basterds and the continued development of other projects together."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway 2008   

Back to top Go down

Project Runway 2008
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: