BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14851
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   September 28th 2017, 11:36 pm

Didn't know where to put this, but I've been reading spoilers for the upcoming Challenge 31 and rumor has it that 4 BB hgs could possibly be competing.  The names I saw were Victor BB18, Natalie BB18, Corey BB18, Day BB17,18 and Paulie BB18.  Paulie injured himself and might be out and I've seen Day posting, so I don't know now.  The other name I saw mentioned was Nicole.  Nothing is definite, but something could be posted here at this link at some point tomorrow.

http://vevmo.com/forums/challenge-season-31-cast-spoilers

For more discussion of it go to pg 26 or AND pg 56 in the following thread

http://vevmo.com/forums/challenge-season-31-non-spoilers-discussion

Everything is just a rumor right now.

Last edited by catty on September 28th 2017, 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   September 28th 2017, 11:37 pm

I think this opens the door to possibly seeing some MTV "celebs" being on Celeb BB.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9247
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   September 29th 2017, 8:23 am

I wouldn't know one single BB "celeb"
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 1st 2017, 10:37 am

The four hgs that will be on are Victor, Corey, Natalie, and Big Meech.

Number of posts : 16369
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 1st 2017, 11:25 am

I have never heard of this show can someone explain what its about?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 1st 2017, 4:57 pm

BosHfx on reddit described it best.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/73lbh0/eli5_what_is_the_challenge_and_would_a_bb_fan/

Quote :
I commented this summary on a thread asking the same question last week and people seemed to think it was a pretty good one so I will post it again here:

The Challenge is a competition reality show on MTV that is essentially like an R rated version of Big Brother. The cast is derived from (mostly) interesting/controversial cast members from MTV's other shows (The Real World, Are You The One, etc.). The competitors all live in a house together and compete in challenges for immunity, cash, and prizes. Season's formats are always changing, and sometimes the game is played individually, sometimes they play in pairs, and sometimes they play in teams. ('Rivals' is a format where they take two people who historically do not get along whatsoever and they are forced to compete as a pair all season. There are a lot of rumours out there that this is going to be a type of Rivals season, but in small teams rather than duos. This would be Rivals IV.)

Some of the biggest difference are that there's very little "voting" involved, in a sense. Eliminations are traditionally not done by voting somebody out of the house, but rather competitors get voted INTO an elimination competition where they compete to keep themselves safe and send their opponent home. (I actually kind of like this because it means your ticket in the game is never really punched, even if you get "voted in" you have the opportunity to fight for your life in the game.) Another big difference is that it doesn't come down to a jury vote at the end, the 'final challenge' ends each season and usually there are three individuals/pairs/teams left who have to compete in a gruelling three-day physical and mental marathon - the winning team of which gets the grand prize in the end (in the current season of The Challenge the prize is $1M, their biggest prize ever.)

From a production standpoint, a major difference is that basically every season is a "returning players season". For example, Johnny Bananas, who you've almost definitely seen referenced on this sub lately in terms of CBB rumors, has competed on 16 different seasons of The Challenge. The show is also traditionally less wholesome than BB (not that BB was terribly wholesome this year), and has a younger feel where the competitors drink, party, get in fist fights, and sleep with one another almost every episode.

Edit: I also want to mention, just for you strategy-lovers out there, I do not think the BB18 HGs going on to The Challenge will do well. The Challenge is very clique-based and have almost identical alliances every season. Right now the typical divide is old school veterans versus new school veterans (ie: people who have been on 10+ seasons of The Challenge - Johnny Bananas, CT, Camilla, Cara Maria, - versus people who have been on 5-or-so seasons - Cory, Nelson, Hunter.) The one thing these two power groups have in common is that they are very hostile to "Rookies" which is what newbie players are typically called on The Challenge. The Challenge has a very prominent "earn your stripes" culture facilitated by Johnny Bananas, and I can promise you that as rookie players coming from another network, the BB18 HGs will find themselves in the elimination comp. early and often.

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 2nd 2017, 11:08 am

catty wrote:
BosHfx on reddit described it best.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/comments/73lbh0/eli5_what_is_the_challenge_and_would_a_bb_fan/

Quote :
I commented this summary on a thread asking the same question last week and people seemed to think it was a pretty good one so I will post it again here:

The Challenge is a competition reality show on MTV that is essentially like an R rated version of Big Brother. The cast is derived from (mostly) interesting/controversial cast members from MTV's other shows (The Real World, Are You The One, etc.). The competitors all live in a house together and compete in challenges for immunity, cash, and prizes. Season's formats are always changing, and sometimes the game is played individually, sometimes they play in pairs, and sometimes they play in teams. ('Rivals' is a format where they take two people who historically do not get along whatsoever and they are forced to compete as a pair all season. There are a lot of rumours out there that this is going to be a type of Rivals season, but in small teams rather than duos. This would be Rivals IV.)

Some of the biggest difference are that there's very little "voting" involved, in a sense. Eliminations are traditionally not done by voting somebody out of the house, but rather competitors get voted INTO an elimination competition where they compete to keep themselves safe and send their opponent home. (I actually kind of like this because it means your ticket in the game is never really punched, even if you get "voted in" you have the opportunity to fight for your life in the game.) Another big difference is that it doesn't come down to a jury vote at the end, the 'final challenge' ends each season and usually there are three individuals/pairs/teams left who have to compete in a gruelling three-day physical and mental marathon - the winning team of which gets the grand prize in the end (in the current season of The Challenge the prize is $1M, their biggest prize ever.)

From a production standpoint, a major difference is that basically every season is a "returning players season". For example, Johnny Bananas, who you've almost definitely seen referenced on this sub lately in terms of CBB rumors, has competed on 16 different seasons of The Challenge. The show is also traditionally less wholesome than BB (not that BB was terribly wholesome this year), and has a younger feel where the competitors drink, party, get in fist fights, and sleep with one another almost every episode.

Edit: I also want to mention, just for you strategy-lovers out there, I do not think the BB18 HGs going on to The Challenge will do well. The Challenge is very clique-based and have almost identical alliances every season. Right now the typical divide is old school veterans versus new school veterans (ie: people who have been on 10+ seasons of The Challenge - Johnny Bananas, CT, Camilla, Cara Maria, - versus people who have been on 5-or-so seasons - Cory, Nelson, Hunter.) The one thing these two power groups have in common is that they are very hostile to "Rookies" which is what newbie players are typically called on The Challenge. The Challenge has a very prominent "earn your stripes" culture facilitated by Johnny Bananas, and I can promise you that as rookie players coming from another network, the BB18 HGs will find themselves in the elimination comp. early and often.

Thank You Catty!!!!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 2nd 2017, 5:43 pm

No problem. I know it was long to read, but it explained it best Smile

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4621

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 2nd 2017, 11:20 pm

I agree with the last line. I do not see these 4 lasting very long. Those challenge kids fight a lot harder at the comps... added to the alliances. I think Vic will fight as hard as he can. Corey lesser than Vic. But those girls are gonna be a big ole hot mess.
Back to top Go down
kaper
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 3rd 2017, 4:55 pm

Wow! I've never watched The Challenge before. It seems that in order to have a fighting chance, you need to have played in 10+ seasons. Victor has the best chance to earn his 'stripe' from the incoming BB players.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 3rd 2017, 9:23 pm

Quote :
Johnny Bananas ... has competed on 16 different seasons of The Challenge

what the f*

Hard

Pass

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 7th 2017, 10:12 pm

Apparently the only two competing BB hgs are Victor and Natalie. Corey was alternate, which means he was on standby and would enter only if someone else dropped out or something. Michelle was being a troll and pretending to be on the show. Maybe she needs attention.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4621

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 7th 2017, 10:48 pm

That is the first I am hearing of this. I did hear there are 4 from some other show on as well... I cant remember the show name tho.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   October 20th 2017, 8:32 pm

Latest update is that Victor has been eliminated. Natalie is still there.

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   Yesterday at 11:00 am

catty wrote:
Latest update is that Victor has been eliminated.  Natalie is still there.

Bummer. How is Natalie still there?
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   Yesterday at 4:54 pm

From what I'm reading she may have had a pre-show alliance with someone she met at a charity event in FL and she's flirting/hooking up with the guy who usually controls the game. Or she could be winning eliminations. Time will tell.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   Yesterday at 8:15 pm

They are crossing over with two UK shows also. It will be interesting to see the crossover. Can definitely see Johnny Bananas on Celeb BB, he's one of the more well known cast and plays DIRTY to get to the top.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?   

Back to top Go down

BB houseguests on MTV's The Challenge?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Big Brother 19 USA :: General Discussion-
Jump to: