all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35311
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 5th 2016, 2:37 pm

I haven't been around very much at all.  I try to watch as much as I can, but this whole thing has really hit us hard.

My husband has cancer at the base of his tongue.  It's really what I would call throat cancer.  It is Stage IV.  In the old days, stage IV meant death, but now they can cure it in most cases, but the treatment is rough. He will get 33 radiation treatments and 3 ( so far) powerful chemo treatments.

So far, it's been biopsies, and meetings and tests, and CAT scans and PET scans, and more doctors. Next week we meet with the surgeon who will put in a port in his chest for the chemo and the feeding tube that will go directly into his stomach.  My husband really, really hates the idea of the feeding tube. Of all the horrible treatments for cancer, I think he hates that the most.

I think we start the radiation in 10 days or so.  I say WE because I'll be his care-giver and I'm his partner and support in just about everything, ill or well.

I need some financial help. So I am going to ask my friends here at AABB or any other BIG Brother group who wants, to give me and Robert a hand.

We do have a crappy health insurance policy ( paid by us, his job does not supply insurance ) but everyone knows that cancer treatment is very expensive and insurance doesn't pay for everything.  He hasn't even started his main treatments and we are already out of pocket over $6000.
Plus, his job is hourly wages and no sick leave... I won't go into that sob story LOL

Here is the link to give a little something to help.  Please know that every little bit helps and know that we are so very grateful.
We went to his hairdresser and she refused payment... things like that make us both cry.

https://www.paypal.me/NBrown201  - There is no fee for you or me using this method.

I put Robert's picture on the account....

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 5th 2016, 2:40 pm

Here is just a little part of our medical bills.  

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9163
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 5th 2016, 2:56 pm

Done, just donated. Sending good vibes to you and your husband.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 5th 2016, 3:09 pm

bergen wrote:
Done, just donated. Sending good vibes to you and your husband.

Thank you - very sweet of you. thanks for the good vibes. I need them xoxox
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16463
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 5th 2016, 5:40 pm

Done.
We're all thinking of you both.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16262
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 5th 2016, 7:34 pm

Done.
Sending you the most positive thoughts and prayers to you both.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 5th 2016, 7:47 pm

Oh my.... thanks again. You all are too kind..
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 16944

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 5th 2016, 9:41 pm

Done!

You know we are all here for you to support you in any way you need us to. Praying for Robert and his speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 6th 2016, 3:04 am

You all are so good to me.... tears
Back to top Go down
Granny
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 8th 2016, 7:06 pm

Nancy, I don't come here often anymore but you and your husband are definitely in my prayers and I will send what I can when I get paid on Wednesday.

Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 9th 2016, 10:44 am

Granny wrote:
Nancy, I don't come here often anymore but you and your husband are definitely in my prayers and I will send what I can when I get paid on Wednesday.  

It's so wonderful to see you, I hope you are doing well!
Back to top Go down
Mappy

Number of posts : 27166
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 26th 2016, 12:07 pm

I was saddened when I was told about Robert's diagnosis, Nancy. I wish I could give you a cure or contribute more. What I am able to do is pray. I will keep you and Robert in my prayers for a full recovery and many more happy years.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   August 31st 2016, 9:42 am

A short update.
Robert is doing fine. Typical for someone going through radiation and chemo. Our biggest problem is me not knowing what the heck to feed him. We are delaying him using his feeding tube as long as possible. Doc wants him to swallow as long as he can. He has lost his ability to taste most things, so he is a real grump. LOL
Once again, thanks to those who sent me some funds to help defray the costs.
Back to top Go down
giggles
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4245
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   September 1st 2016, 7:49 pm

We did shakes/smoothies with protein powder and soups with protein powder.
Back to top Go down
jennifer8
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   September 1st 2016, 9:17 pm

I donated Giggles my prayers are ongoing too I am so sorry you have to ho through this.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   September 2nd 2016, 3:59 am

giggles wrote:
We did shakes/smoothies with protein powder and soups with protein powder.

Yes, I've been very creative with making up shakes etc. Instant pudding too. You can use ensure as part of the liquid to give it a vitamin/protein kick.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16463
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   September 11th 2016, 5:28 am

Hi Nancy ... I'm glad you updated us and let us know that you and Robert are hanging in there.
Wishing strength to both of you.
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   September 11th 2016, 10:53 am

Hi Nancy great to hear from you both. Sending positive thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   November 4th 2016, 11:20 am

It's interesting looking back. It hasn't really been that long. Some of you already know, but Robert has finished his radiation and chemotherapy. The doctors seem to think he did pretty good. He only lost about 20 lbs. I'm trying to fatten him up, but he is naturally thin anyway. He still gets half of his meals through his feeding tube, but he will get that out in Feb. we think. He has to wait for the "all clear" test that will take place in Jan.

I want to thank everyone who gave us a donation. Out of pocket so far is now up to $9,000 so every little bit helps. Blue Cross has shelled out close to $200,000!! It's crazy.

Today is Robert's 64th birthday, so I've been going around singing the Beatles song.. "When I'm sixty-four". So far it's been a good day. We are so hopeful.

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14481
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   November 4th 2016, 12:32 pm

That's great Nancy! Happy 64th to your husband Smile

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   November 5th 2016, 11:49 am

Happy Birthday to Robert!!!! Keep kicking Cancers butt sounds like he is doing amazing. The cost absolutely shocks me as a Canadian. God Bless you both stay strong you can do this xooxoxoxoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4488

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   November 5th 2016, 7:38 pm

HBD to your husband.
Back to top Go down
PhilipAlanPhoto
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   November 5th 2016, 11:23 pm

<3
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philip-Alan-Photography/6909574238
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   November 6th 2016, 9:55 am

Awe I haven't seen this until now. I really have to start scrolling down instead of just concentrating on this damn BB.

Happy Belated Birthday to Robert, I'm sure you made it a special day for him. Continuing to send you both my thoughts and prayers. I too am so hopeful for him. Show Cancer who's boss Robert!
Back to top Go down
mimTN
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5714
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   December 11th 2016, 2:32 pm

Nancy, have had you and Robert in my thoughts, glad to come and read your last update and see you so hopeful. I have been out of it last few months, for various reasons, thank goodness none related to my health. Cancer is just a damn battle and so, so happy to hear the good update from you and Robert and Happy (belated) Birthday to him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....   

Back to top Go down

Hi all my old Friends... My husband was diagnosed with Cancer so....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: