View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LaLa
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Whats New?   June 14th 2016, 10:16 am

Hi my BB friends! Its been too long since I have connected with AABB. I have lurked a bit, and followed you all on Facebook, but life threw me some huge curves, and I am just now getting back to LIFE>

Last summer, I got really really sick. It was aweful. I thought I was just a fat, depressed loser. It got to the point I couldn't even walk. No insurance, and sure I was just a waste of space. Then one day, I literally couldn't even sit up, I was peeing in my bed, it was just disgusting. I called 911.

When they arrived, they couldn't get a pulse, or my heatbeat, and my blood pressue was about 60/30. They thought their machine was broken. I arrived at the ER, same thing......eventually they took Xrays and some sort of MRI....they immediately transfered me to the University of Minnesota Hospital. The next day, I had Suregery.

Turns out, I had a very serious Paracardial Effusion. Something I had probably had for many many years. All caused by a crazy throid. The sac around my heart had filled with fluid, it was on the verge of bursting. This caused my heart to struggle and literally get squeezed. It was unable to pump blood and fluids in my body, my feet swelled and my legs werer so swellen, I couldn't walk. They told me if I hadn't had surgery, I would have died within weeks. Most people who get this syndrome, do die. I was lucky, mine was caused by a screwed up throid.

Well, after surgery, they inserted a tube into my heart, to drain the fluid. I was in ICU and nurse went to clean the tube, something went wrong, and she ended injecting "something" into my heart. Off I go for another surgery. This time, they cut a hole in the Sac, and had to drain my lungs too, so I had a total of 4 tubes....I spent another week in ICu...then 21 days in medicine ward. Bed ridden the whole time. I was wrapped like a mummy every morning, to compress the fluid out of my body....not fun.

Finally I was sent to a rehab hospital of a month. While I was there, I still had 1 tube (the heart one) and getting physical therapy while waiting for the heart to quit draining. I was discharged on October 30. I could walk with use of a walker. I still had a real problem keeping my blood pressure up, and had a few "pass outs" at home. I had in home therapy until just before Christmas.

I had lost 95% of my hair, and a total of 65 pounds. When released I weighed 115. I haven't weighed that much since grade school LOL.

Well to finaish my long story, I have gained 20 llbs. can walk on my own, and my hair is growing back. I have never felt better in my life.

I am looking forward to Big Brother this year, but might not be able to be my usual devoted live feeder, as I hope to get a job and get my life back. I am seriously considering a fellowship postion with Hillary Campaign, but I am expoloring all my options. Thanks for listening. And its so good to know that AABB is still here.

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Whats New?   June 14th 2016, 7:03 pm

Hi LaLa, oh my have you had your share! What an awful thing to have to go through. I'm so glad you are doing better. All you can do now is continue to get better and take things day by day.

It's great to hear from you, I have missed you and so many of the original posters. I remember it was you that was the first to reach out to me and welcome me in. I'll never forget that and your friendship!

How is your Mom doing? I hope all is well with her.

Please drop in this season. I see from your avi that you were a Vanessa fan, so maybe you can get behind her sister this season and root her on.

Take care LaLa! xo
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Whats New?   June 14th 2016, 7:56 pm

LaLa...you have have been through a lot in the last year, but it sounds like things are looking up for you now! So happy to hear that.

Please stop by when you can and chat BB.

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Whats New?   June 14th 2016, 7:56 pm

Wow LaLa ... you've been to Hell and back.
I'm glad to hear that the worst is behind you.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Whats New?   June 14th 2016, 8:05 pm

Hugs, LaLa.
I am so sorry for what you had to go through. So happy that you are doing well.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 7278

PostSubject: Re: Whats New?   June 22nd 2016, 12:26 pm

Thanks guys! Mom is doing great! She is excited about BB this year. Dad is golfing a ton again, Last year he was Sr State Champ! He brags about "golfing his age" (74) lol. Life is good, another Nepheew off for miltary training in California ....and again, drone stuff...so probably will see action sometime soon. No job yet, but working on it! BB starts tonight, and I am very very optimistic, although I heard Panadoras box coming to play, so to me = producers interference (Diamond Veto anyone?) Smile

I love Janelle for being brutally honest. That’s what made viewers fall in love with her from the first season. She owned who she is. She called out the nerd herd to their faces. She doesn’t make any excuses for who she is, and everyone loves her honesty. ~ Julie Chen
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4625

PostSubject: Re: Whats New?   June 23rd 2016, 5:19 pm

Sorry to hear you got so ill... but so glad to hear you over came it.
Back to top Go down
MyScott95
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3508

PostSubject: Re: Whats New?   June 25th 2016, 9:18 am

WOW! LaLa, I am so glad to hear you are doing better but sad to hear all you've been through. I knew you had some gluten issues but not anything near this. That damn thyroid lol! I hear so much concerning thyroid issues including my own daughter and son the last couple years (both with heart involved). Take care my friend, you know where to find me....Shirley

Free clicks fund therapy for children with autism:
www.bit.ly/aFundTherapy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=4&aid=107098&
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Whats New?   July 5th 2016, 5:03 am

Oh dear... I just now saw this. What a horrible experience. It's one thing to get sick but then have a medical error mess you up even more!!! I just read an article about medical mistakes errors are the THIRD leading cause of death in the US.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/05/03/researchers-medical-errors-now-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-united-states/

Well, I'm glad you are better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats New?   

Back to top Go down

Whats New?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: