AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35459
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Vanessa Rousso   June 16th 2015, 9:33 am

Hometown: Las Vegas
Current City: Las Vegas
Three adjectives that describe you: Eclectic, maverick, and adaptable.
Favorite Activities: Making music, listening to music, DJing, going to the drive-in movie theater, working out, playing strategy games, solving riddles, traveling and exploring, people-watching, anything on the water, learning something new, training my dogs (they each know over 20 commands), hiking, fine dining, hanging out at home with my beautiful girlfriend, watching Netflix, throwing parties, imitating accents, dancing, meeting new people, road trips, camping, sky diving, photography, and more!
What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: Not being able to communicate with my girlfriend will definitely be the toughest part of the entire experience. We are very, very close and I rely on her as a teammate in life. I know I will miss her terribly. Also, not being able to use a computer to produce music or be able to browse the net will be insanely difficult since I'm definitely spoiled by the Internet and modern technology—not to mention that making music is my go-to stress reliever! Not having access to technology will certainly be a challenge!
Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most: Dan Gheesling, by far. He is not afraid to make big moves, he has a great social game to complement his strategic prowess, and I'm inspired by the fact that he never ever gives up!
What are you afraid of: Flying insects/bats, death, being out of control, and being humiliated publicly.
Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… From a blog I wrote in my early 20s: I find my calm not at the finish line, looking back at the distance I've traveled, but in the moment, on the run, out of breath, looking forward. I don't know where I'm going, and I guess I hope to God I never get there—I'm happy as I am: Chasing something eternal and ethereal. The world is not—will never be—enough for me and that's just the way I like it. Also, I live by a code of, "Do right, be fair, have heart."
What would you take into the house and why: First would be my iPod/headphones to listen to music because music greatly impacts my emotions and can help me keep a level head when I'm stressed. I listen to music when I play poker and it would be awesome to be able to use it similarly during Big Brother. I’d also bring hair bleach. I highlight my hair and three months is a hella long time to go without doing my roots #vanity!! Finally, my journal since I love to write. It helps me process my emotions and make decisions with a clear head.

Vanessa is the No. 2 female poker player in the world when it comes to online and live tournaments. She's been pro for the past 10 years and has won $4.5 million dollars since she began. She's a tomboy who has always been extremely competitive, whether it's playing lacrosse in high school or beating men and women all over the world at the poker table. Being in a male-dominated industry, Vanessa isn't easily intimidated and is used to keeping her emotions in check, which will help her keep her eye on the prize. She's perfected the art of bluffing and knows that she can manipulate her Houseguests however she sees fit while living in the Big Brother house.

Last edited by Nancy AABB Admin on June 19th 2015, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 16th 2015, 10:13 am

I like this girl. I love her take on life. I also think she should have a good read on people since she's one of the best female poker players in the world.
Back to top Go down
tisha
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6071
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 16th 2015, 10:24 am

As posted, her ex-husband died last year:

http://www.bluff.com/news/chad-brown-poker-pro-dies-at-52-58101/

Someone on SS posted this:

It'll be interesting if Vanessa brings up her marriage at all in the house. There was speculation that the reason Vanessa and Chad broke up was because Vanessa came out to him as a lesbian.

Chad died last year, so the only one who knows for sure is Vanessa.
Back to top Go down
tisha
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 16th 2015, 1:18 pm

catching up on her interview

poker player and DJ, Jeff says he has seen her before, says she's a huge fan
says she has strategic skills and reads people well
studied game theory at Duke
concerned she will be recognized and surviving week 1, says she has a backup plan
wants to sell the fact she's a DJ first
Back to top Go down
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 16th 2015, 2:45 pm

I like her, I hope she sticks around
Back to top Go down
tisha
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 16th 2015, 2:50 pm

her home
Back to top Go down
EvelGwen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 16th 2015, 4:00 pm

I can't help it....I just don't want a millionaire to win, lol

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 16th 2015, 4:06 pm

I had no idea who this person was. But I like her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Philip-Alan-Photography/6909574238
tisha
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 17th 2015, 12:11 am

Back to top Go down
tisha
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 17th 2015, 12:23 am

She says in the KFROG interview if someone recognizes her she hopes to keep it on the down low, comes to her first, and make an alliance with the person. If rest of house finds out, will tell them she was a poker player in the past, now a DJ.

Says this will be her biggest battle.

I notice she is very accomplished (talks about her achievements a lot), so I wonder if she may rub others the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14720
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 17th 2015, 4:36 pm

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 17th 2015, 9:27 pm

She reminds me of Gina Marie, but thank goodness it's only in looks. I like her.

She has a girlfriend.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 17th 2015, 11:10 pm

I like her a lot! I hope she can bring it like she's talking.

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 18th 2015, 9:37 pm

Back to top Go down
swissy1111
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 21st 2015, 11:43 am

I guess she can host the after party at her house this year!!!
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3828
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   June 21st 2015, 3:40 pm

I'm watching each interview & enjoying them......... I really like Vanessa or at least from her interviews I do.... I could care less of the financial status of any house guests for bottom line, it's a game & may the best 'player' win........Smile

Number of posts : 17282
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   August 12th 2015, 9:49 am

Pro Poker Player Vanessa Rousso Still In Contention To Win Season 17 Of CBS Game Show Big Brother

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/19169-pro-poker-player-vanessa-rousso-still-in-contention-to-win-season-17-of-cbs-game-show-big-brother

Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 7th 2015, 9:07 am

Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16352

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 7th 2015, 11:02 am

Thats a good video I watched it. She is very smart.
Back to top Go down
swissy1111
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 7th 2015, 2:22 pm

Very smart and I think she could talk an eskimo into buying ice.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 12th 2015, 11:24 pm

Vanessa's twitter is no longer private.

https://twitter.com/VanessaRousso

Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12115

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 13th 2015, 2:52 am

catty wrote:
Vanessa's twitter is no longer private.

https://twitter.com/VanessaRousso

Thank you, Catty! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 23rd 2015, 5:49 pm

Mel will propose in the hotel.

Back to top Go down
tisha
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 23rd 2015, 6:51 pm

Still remember her crying on the first night of feeds and now she made the final 3.
Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 25th 2015, 4:07 pm

Her gf proposed!!

http://www.prohibited site.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3249296/Big-Brother-contestant-Vanessa-Rousso-s-long-term-girlfriend-proposes-BB-wrap-party-West-Hollywood.html
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 25th 2015, 7:17 pm

Congrats! to both. Happy for them Smile

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 28th 2015, 8:04 pm

Reuniting with her dogs Bear & Maverick -

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   September 28th 2015, 9:34 pm

Loved that! Thanks for posting it here.

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 1st 2015, 7:09 pm

Just finished watching her interview with Reality Recaps and liked it a lot, but I'm also biased lol! It will probably be posted tomorrow.

She did offer a Jason a job to work for her and Mel with a DJ business she is setting up. She said she was sincere when she told him she would help him.

She also explained her Liz vote and said it wasn't made because she was bitter. She knows how to handle losing large sums of money so walking out and losing $500,000 wasn't a big deal for her. She went more to play a game and having fans tell her she played the best game means more to her than people realize.

She was hurt by something Austin said at the jury house about "how hard it was to be her friend".

She didn't feel she bullied Steve in the have not room. She was truly hurt because before that she really felt she was his #1 and vice versa. I believe her with this because I thought the same thing when it happened.

If I remember anything else, I will post. It was too short.

Back to top Go down
EvelGwen
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 1st 2015, 9:35 pm

Thanks for posting, Catty...love Vanessa...

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9207
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 1st 2015, 9:47 pm

thanks for posting catty
Back to top Go down
kaper
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 1st 2015, 9:50 pm

A point to add to the interview....Steve tweeted the host after the topic of Vanessa possibly bullying Steve was brought up. Steve tweeted that at no time did he feel like Vanessa was bullying him. This is at least the third time Steve has mentioned this in interviews, and I thought it was nice of him to tweet during the broadcast to make it clear once again, how he sees that situation.

Vanessa was still talking so fast during the interview. I had a hard time keeping up.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 1st 2015, 9:56 pm

kaper wrote:
A point to add to the interview....Steve tweeted the host after the topic of Vanessa possibly bullying Steve was brought up. Steve tweeted that at no time did he feel like Vanessa was bullying him. This is at least the third time Steve has mentioned this in interviews, and I thought it was nice of him to tweet during the broadcast to make it clear once again, how he sees that situation.

Vanessa was still talking so fast during the interview. I had a hard time keeping up.

Oh yes! I forgot about that and yes she does talk fast, but in this interview, it was okay because Eric's voice can be just annoying at times.

Also, she explained her skittles chart and it was still confusing as hell lol!

One thing I will add is that her way of explaining was the same way she did it in the house. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 1st 2015, 10:32 pm

Here is shorter Q & A with Vanessa (and Mel) on periscope. She's just answering fan Qs from the chat.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1zqJVygeQvYGB

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9207
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 2nd 2015, 7:53 am

catty wrote:
Just finished watching her interview with Reality Recaps and liked it a lot, but I'm also biased lol! It will probably be posted tomorrow.

She did offer a Jason a job to work for her and Mel with a DJ business she is setting up.  She said she was sincere when she told him she would help him.

She also explained her Liz vote and said it wasn't made because she was bitter.  She knows how to handle losing large sums of money so walking out and losing $500,000 wasn't a big deal for her.  She went more to play a game and having fans tell her she played the best game means more to her than people realize.

She was hurt by something Austin said at the jury house about "how hard it was to be her friend".

She didn't feel she bullied Steve in the have not room.  She was truly hurt because before that she really felt she was his #1 and vice versa.  I believe her with this because I thought the same thing when it happened.

If I remember anything else, I will post.  It was too short.

I love that she said she knows how to handle losing large sums of money....losing the money didn't bother her...that's pretty bad ass
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16352

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 2nd 2015, 9:24 am

I loved all of her interviews she is really a great gamer.

The skittle thing blew my mind.
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 2nd 2015, 9:33 am

For me, Vanessa has left an indelible mark on the game Big Brother and she will always be my favorite. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swissy1111
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 2nd 2015, 11:38 am

I have not watch her interviews yet but she is my favorite for BB17, I only wish she had won!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 2nd 2015, 5:33 pm

She's doing another interview on Sunday because there wasn't enough time with all the questions fans wanted answered.

Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   October 2nd 2015, 5:38 pm

swissy1111 wrote:
I have not watch her interviews yet but she is my favorite for BB17, I only wish she had won!

Yeah, winning would have been cool. I still believe Vanessa wins at everything she does. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa Rousso   

Back to top Go down

Vanessa Rousso
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: BIG BROTHER USA (past seasons) :: Big Brother 17 :: Houseguests-
Jump to: