Share | 

Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   February 16th 2015, 3:02 pm

Ok, not a disaster, but a dilemma.

I ordered from myhabit.com.  THey have some high-end stuff at deep discounts.

I had two ordinary traditional table lamps in my den.  We got them when my husband's mother died.  They were better than what we had, so we took them and some other odd furniture pieces when we had to clean and sell her house.

One broke.  Not really fixable and since I wasn't in love with them anyway, my husband said... buy new for Valentine's day.  LOL
So, instead of going out in the cold I ordered from myhabit.

This is the picture from the site:

I didn't notice the pattern on the shade.  I noticed they were $260.00 marked down to $119.00.  Perfect color and style.
I'm in to metallics at the moment.

When I got it and turned it on.... SHOCKER

There will be two of them. One on each side of the leather sofa.

lol! lol! lol! lol!

I don't think I can live with them, but my husband loves them. ( He is home today so he helped )

I want to buy new shades but he wants to keep it as is.

What do you think? Horrible or stylish? Really I don't know if I can live with them.

Oh, they look that way because the inside of the shade is lined with the leopard print FUR material.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   February 16th 2015, 5:39 pm

lol!

I love the lamps ... great deal! The metallic base is gorgeous.
I prefer the plain shades but I'm not exactly on the cutting edge when it comes to home décor.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   February 16th 2015, 5:51 pm

I like them. Animal prints are all the rage now. Buy a coordinating throw and/or deco pillows and an animal print accent piece and you have transformed your room. The base is gorgeous and when you tire of the shades, buy new ones.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   February 16th 2015, 6:05 pm

Lori wrote:
I like them.  Animal prints are all the rage now.  Buy a coordinating throw and/or deco pillows and an animal print accent piece and you have transformed your room. The base is gorgeous and when you tire of the shades, buy new ones.

I know! I see animal prints all the time.... I'm going to try to get used to them.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   February 16th 2015, 6:09 pm

beautiful base...love it

not crazy about the shade, but I am not a big pattern person. I agree with Lori, throw in a pillow here and there and it might really transform the room. If you really can't stand them, then just replace the shades.

BTW: I love updating my lamp shades

keep up updated
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   February 16th 2015, 6:12 pm

bergen wrote:
beautiful base...love it

not crazy about the shade, but I am not a big pattern person. I agree with Lori, throw in a pillow here and there and it might really transform the room. If you really can't stand them, then just replace the shades.

BTW: I love updating my lamp shades

keep up updated

My problem is... I have tons of pillows already. LOL - I change them with the season. No animal prints...LOL

I'll post some more pictures if I decide to buy new shades... I'll have to wait until the ice and snow melts though.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   February 16th 2015, 7:04 pm

Love them, but then again I am a fan of animal prints. They look really nice Nancy, try to love them lol
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   February 16th 2015, 10:33 pm

Love them!!!!!! I'm not usually an animal print fan but I love these!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   February 17th 2015, 3:20 am

Your positive comments make me feel better.
I was thinking.... maybe a leopard sculpture or some member of the big cat family to set on the end table or the coffee table... not something in a print but in metal..?? just thinking
Back to top Go down
kaper
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   February 17th 2015, 6:32 am

Prrrrr. We all have our own personal tastes and style. I'm not an animal print fan, but the lamp is pretty. I agree with the others. If it just doesn't grow on you, go buy some new shades.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster   

Back to top Go down

Adventures in online shopping - Decorating disaster
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: