Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   August 27th 2014, 9:44 am

Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   August 27th 2014, 10:08 am

Oh no .... "Twinnie!, twinnie!, twinni!

... and John Rocker? Why on earth would CBS cast another person who's known as a dumb racist and xenophobe? Is this supposed to be another redemption arc? Blech.
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   August 27th 2014, 12:17 pm

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9251
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   August 27th 2014, 12:36 pm

cute cast, hopefully it's a good season
Back to top Go down
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14893
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   August 27th 2014, 4:25 pm

I <3 the twinnies. LOL I'm excited for the new season.

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   August 27th 2014, 4:29 pm

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/survivor-san-juan-del-sur----blood-vs-water-cast-officially-announced-by-cbs-16706.php

Quote :
The network has announced the identities of the 18 castaways who will be competing on Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water, the 29th Survivor edition which will premiere with a special 90-minute episode on Wednesday, September 24 at 8PM ET/PT.

As previously announced, Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water will feature brand new castaways competing with, and ultimately against, a loved one to outwit, outplay and outlast their fellow castaways in the hopes of being crowned the "Sole Survivor" and winning the $1 million grand prize.

Although the new season will feature no returning players, the second Blood vs. Water installment will spotlight some familiar faces. Natalie Anderson and her twin sister Nadiya Anderson will both be competing on the series after previously finishing The Amazing Race: All-Stars in last place and The Amazing Race's 21st season in fourth place as a team.

Controversial former MLB baseball player John Rocker will also be competing on Survivor with his girlfriend Julie McGee. Rocker, a former relief pitcher, played for the Atlanta Braves in the 1999 World Series against the Yankees but made some disparaging comments about homosexuals, minorities, foreigners, and young mothers during an interview with Sports Illustrated later that year.

When the magazine asked Rocker whether he'd ever consider playing in New York, according to Entertainment Weekly, he said, "I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 train to the ballpark looking like you're [riding through] Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some queer with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids."

Rocker reportedly continued, "It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"

In addition, Reed Kelly and his boyfriend Josh Canfield have appeared on Broadway in Wicked and Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. They served in each show's ensemble and will be testing their bond on Survivor's upcoming edition.

Below are the 18 castaways who will be competing on Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water:

- "Brothers" Drew Christy, a 25-year-old traveling sales representative, and Alec Christy, a 22-year-old student. They are both from Winter Park, FL.

- "Married Couple" Jeremy Collins, a 36-year-old firefighter, and Val Collins, a 35-year-old police officer. They are both from Foxboro, MA.

- "Dating Couple" Josh Canfield, a 32-year-old actor and writer, and Reed Kelly, a 31-year-old Broadway performer, model and aerialist. They are both from New York, NY.

- "College Sweethearts" Jon Misch, a 26-year-old financial assistant from Waterford, MI, and Jaclyn Schultz, a 25-year-old media buyer from Las Vegas, NV.

- "Dating Couple" John Rocker, a 39-year-old former MLB player, and Julie McGee, a 34-year-old model and owner of a spray-tan business. They are both from Atlanta, GA.

- "Twin Sisters" Natalie, a student, and Nadiya, a project coordinator. They are both 28-years-old, coach Crossfit and are from Edgewater, NJ.

- "Father and Son" Keith Nale, a 53-year-old fire captain, and Wes Nale, a 23-year-old firefighter. They are both from Shreveport, LA.

- "Mother and Daughter" Missy Payne, a 47-year-old owner of a competitive cheerleading gym from Dallas, TX, and Baylor Wilson, a 20-year-old student from Nashville, TN.

- "Father and Daughter" Dale Wentworth, a 55-year-old farmer from Ephrata, WA, and Kelley Wentworth, a 28-year-old marketing manager from Seattle, WA.

Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   August 27th 2014, 7:24 pm

Alec Christy plays lacrosse at FGCU with my son! I am very aware of that since I always think they are saying Alex (my son) as opposed to Alec. Alec plays more. 😀. From all I know and hear he is a super nice kid.

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   August 27th 2014, 8:17 pm

That's neat alejules!

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   September 2nd 2014, 4:30 pm

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4626

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   September 2nd 2014, 6:35 pm

Has that Rocker guy been known for something else? Didn't he stick his foot in his mouth once upon a time.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35519
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   September 3rd 2014, 4:09 am

Gimme wrote:
Has that Rocker guy been known for something else?  Didn't he stick his foot in his mouth once upon a time.

Yes, he said some nasty things about New York City, gays, blacks and Jews. He's a bigot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   September 3rd 2014, 8:02 am

... and immigrants

Quote :
In story published in the December 27, 1999 issue of Sports Illustrated, Rocker made a number of allegations stemming from his experiences in New York City and answering a question about whether he would ever play for the New York Yankees or the New York Mets.      
"I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"
Back to top Go down
Gimme
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4626

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   September 3rd 2014, 4:26 pm

AABB Admin wrote:
Gimme wrote:
Has that Rocker guy been known for something else?  Didn't he stick his foot in his mouth once upon a time.

Yes, he said some nasty things about New York City, gays, blacks and Jews.  He's a bigot.  

Ahh, yes that was it. Thank you for reminding me. I meant to google it after I posted that... but got distracted. I have severe case of internet ADD.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   January 29th 2015, 6:18 pm

Josh & Reed got engaged last night

The Broadway Boyfriends get engaged!!

Last night at 54 Below, right as we were finishing our Broadway Boyfriends cabaret, Josh declared he had one more song to sing ... this was that song.

"You Are The One" by Josh Canfield

Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29 — Blood vs. Water   January 29th 2015, 6:21 pm

Sweet!

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 391