all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 
 

 TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 20th 2014, 8:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 16474
Location : Ottawa, Ontario
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 5:34 am

Good episode.
I didn't really understand Dave and Connor's somewhat over the top reaction to being u-turned. It's an element of the game that's included in every season. I certainly understand being mad/disappointed in the moment, but to call it "dirty play" and carry on about it throughout the leg? I don't know.
Of course, using a u-turn on another team is a double edged sword. You may get an advantage in that particular leg and then pay for it in the next.
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 6:29 am

I was laughing watching Dave whine about being u-turned and then HE u-turns the team right in back of HIM...the same EXACT thing Rachel and Brendon did (u-turned the team right in back of them).
WTF???
Then all Dave did was trash Rachel and Brendon to anyone that would listen ...he kept saying he was 60 years old but he was acting like a 10 year old spoiled brat.
I was so happy to see R/B win after watching Dave's temper tantrums!

Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 9264
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 7:57 am

dave has been quite annoying this whole season, i get these players have been on already and they are going to talk about last time racing, but I can NOT hear one more time about his injury and being 60 years old.
I see nothing wrong with anyone u-turning anyone in the game.

And listen I like niceness and helping each other out here and there, but last night the whole U-turn and then all the teams working together it really makes it boring

Now what was funny was the Globetrotters pretty much u-turned themselves last night by doing both tasks....I was sad to see them go, i really enjoyed them.
Back to top Go down
Odin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous


Number of posts : 4551
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 1:42 pm

The helping each other thing is what has really turned me off of TAR the past few seasons. It got worse and worse, and I just finally lost interest, so I'm disappointed that it seems to still be a thing in a  so-called "All Star" season.

As for Dave, okay, he's 60, but weren't Bill and Cathi older than him and u-turned and still did quite well for themselves? I don't understand the mentality of him using his age as a detriment when someone makes a move against them but not using it as one when he's doing well in the race. It's not like he's frail, weak, and sick, unable to take even the weakest of winds. He's a fully capable man and is treated as such.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 35556
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 2:13 pm

This was the first one I've watched all season. Nothing else on.
I figured there is much more to the Rachel/Brendan hate that what we saw.
It's not just Dave and Connor who dislike "Brenchel" ( puke) And I can believe it.
Brendan is such a jerk. Rachel is loud and annoying.

Glad the spoilers say they don't win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 2:20 pm

I agree with all of the previous posts about Dave and Connor's behavior last night.  It's a game for a million dollars for heaven sakes and Brenchel did what they thought would help them, although I certainly would have targeted the cowboys.  What was even more puzzling to me was that Dave and Connor were able to get 2 other teams to "be on their side" and it looks like all 3 teams are anti Brenchel now!  And I also don't like all the teams helping each other and Dave and Connor last week even let the country singers touch the mat before they did!  I hated to see Flight Time and Big Easy leave...they were entertaining!!!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 9264
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 2:48 pm

AABB Admin wrote:
This was the first one I've watched all season.  Nothing else on.
I figured there is much more to the Rachel/Brendan hate that what we saw.
It's not just Dave and Connor who dislike "Brenchel" ( puke)  And I can believe it.  
Brendan is such a jerk. Rachel is loud and annoying.

Glad the spoilers say they don't win.

they have actually been quite awesome this season, they are usually not liked when running great legs and beating other teams because its easy to do that with brenchel, instead of admitting you got beat by them
and the others are just followers jumping on Dave & Connor's "hate" train.

also take out Brenchel this season and Dave & Connor are still annoying.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous
avatar

Number of posts : 9264
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 2:51 pm

ebowers wrote:
I agree with all of the previous posts about Dave and Connor's behavior last night.  It's a game for a million dollars for heaven sakes and Brenchel did what they thought would help them, although I certainly would have targeted the cowboys.  What was even more puzzling to me was that Dave and Connor were able to get 2 other teams to "be on their side" and it looks like all 3 teams are anti Brenchel now!  And I also don't like all the teams helping each other and Dave and Connor last week even let the country singers touch the mat before they did!  I hated to see Flight Time and Big Easy leave...they were entertaining!!!

when Dave & Connor were standing there with the Cowboys and they u-turned the Afghanimals (or what ever they are called), I was pissing my pants when they Cowboys were like "how the hell did we just get out of that?"
Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 3:18 pm

bergen wrote:
AABB Admin wrote:
This was the first one I've watched all season.  Nothing else on.
I figured there is much more to the Rachel/Brendan hate that what we saw.
It's not just Dave and Connor who dislike "Brenchel" ( puke)  And I can believe it.  
Brendan is such a jerk. Rachel is loud and annoying.

Glad the spoilers say they don't win.

they have actually been quite awesome this season, they are usually not liked when running great legs and beating other teams because its easy to do that with brenchel, instead of admitting you got beat by them
and the others are just followers jumping on Dave & Connor's "hate" train.

also take out Brenchel this season and Dave & Connor are still annoying.

The funny thing is everyone else seemed to like Rachel and Brendon except for Connor and his Dad and the country girls...those two teams came on the season with a dislike for Rachel and Brendon.
(you can tell that by next week's sneak preview).
Dave is a huge poor sport and a bigger whiner than Rachel on her whiniest day and two country girls that need the men to help them on every single leg.
Those are my two "UGH" teams this season.

We all know Brendon and Rachel don't win the whole kit and kaboodle but placing 4th and winning $25K AND a trip to Australia sure ain't nuttin' to sneeze at.
Back to top Go down
catty
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 15040
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 3:43 pm

First, I LOVED the donkey's!  They are soooo cute.  Big Easy on the donkey was fun and funny to see.  Rachel falling and then getting back on holding on like she was was funny to watch too.  I think the Cowboys would have enjoyed that task.

I was surprised with Dave's reaction.  I didn't expect that at all.  Honestly, I expect it more from Rachel   (there is still time for that LOL) but not Dave.  Connor seemed pretty okay with it.  Geez if he felt he was too old to be U-turned, on top of being injured, then why come on the race in the first place.  Did R/B need to use it, probably not, but they did so be it.

I don't get all this helping either.  There needs to be some sort of time penalty when a team helps another team or make them automatically do both tasks.  It isn't fun to watch.  Helping in the last episode and helping in this episode....it's All Stars ffs.  Leo and Jamal waiting for Dave and Connor to finish was annoying as well, and I like them.  I don't get it.

ETA: Forgot to mention that Dave and Connor are a strong team. I really think they would have won their original season if Dave hadn't gotten injured. Or at least been in the top 3. The Cowboys are pretty strong too, but wasting a U-turn on them would have been a waste since they had an Express Pass.

_________________
"Dude, it's not stalking.  It's caring enough about someone to learn things about them they won't tell you themselves."---from tv show Chuck
Back to top Go down
butterfly3851
Head of Household
Head of Household


Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 9:33 pm

Dang it - I've stayed away from the spoilers this year and didn't know Rachel & Brendon didn't win. Oh well - that's what I get from reading message boards. I've been so impressed by how Rachel has grown up this season - helping Luke & Margie a few episodes back - encouraging Brendon when they were obviously last, then doing great these last two legs. Nice to see her growth!

I don't understand the attitude towards them using the fast forward - smart move. Loved this season!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon
Superstar, Legend and Icon
avatar

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 9:39 pm

butterfly3851 wrote:
Dang it - I've stayed away from the spoilers this year and didn't know Rachel & Brendon didn't win.  Oh well - that's what I get from reading message boards.  I've been so impressed by how Rachel has grown up this season - helping Luke & Margie a few episodes back - encouraging Brendon when they were obviously last, then doing great these last two legs.  Nice to see her growth!

I don't understand the attitude towards them using the fast forward - smart move.  Loved this season!

We have a spoiler thread, but you know how that goes around here.

I don't understand it either, if it had been done to them, we would have gotten this all day long  bravo 

I agree with your post and bergen's, they raced an awesome race this season and they deserve to be complimented for it.
Back to top Go down
catty
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 15040
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 10:32 pm

Sorry it was spoiled for you butterfly. Even though I've seen the spoilers, I've done my best to keep it out of these threads.

You never know, the spoilers could be wrong.

_________________
"Dude, it's not stalking.  It's caring enough about someone to learn things about them they won't tell you themselves."---from tv show Chuck
Back to top Go down
butterfly3851
Head of Household
Head of Household


Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 11:53 pm

No big deal - I still don't know final teams so I will enjoy however it ends up!

I still love The Amazing Race!
Back to top Go down
catty
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 15040
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   April 21st 2014, 11:55 pm

butterfly3851 wrote:
No big deal - I still don't know final teams so I will enjoy however it ends up!  

I still love The Amazing Race!  

Awesome!


_________________
"Dude, it's not stalking.  It's caring enough about someone to learn things about them they won't tell you themselves."---from tv show Chuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"   

Back to top Go down
 
TAR 24 Allstars Episode 8 - "Donkeylicious"
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: