View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17295
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Brooke Burke-Charvet will no longer be by Tom Bergeron's side on Dancing With the Stars.

Burke-Charvet exclusively confirms to me that she will not be returning to the ABC show.

"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture," she said in a statement. "I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."

Meow.

Sources tell me Burke-Charvet had no idea her job was on the line. ABC apparently informed her this afternoon she wouldn't be returning.

"We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season," DWTS executive producer Conrad Green said in a statement. "She's been a wonderful part of the Dancing with the Stars family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service."

Burke-Charvet first joined DWTS as a contestant, winning season seven with her partner Derek Hough. Three seasons later, she replaced Samantha Harris as cohost.

This isn't the first major shakeup to rock the upcoming season. ABC most recently announced that its 28-member orchestra of musicians and singers was being replaced Ray Chew and his band.

"We feel that there are some types of music and types of songs, a lot of modern music particularly, is so produced that it's impossible for an 18-piece band to replicate that sound," Green told The Hollywood Reporter of the change. "You get to a point where you're forcing a band to try and do sound that they just literally can't pull off."

DWTS will continue its one-night format when Season 18 kicks off on March 17. The show's two-night tradition was cut in half last season.

http://www.eonline.com/news/513707/dancing-with-the-stars-shakeup-brooke-burke-charvet-out-as-co-host-get-the-details?cmpid=eonline-twitter&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&dlvrit=48939
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14732
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 pm

Will there be a replacement??

That's sad that they gave her no warning, but a lot of people get the pink slip with no warning. I hate hearing it when it goes down like that.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:40 am

That sucks. I always liked her.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:35 am

Sad to hear this...I always liked her too. I thought she did excellent work as co-host. I hadn't heard about the orchestra either.

Good luck to Brooke as she pursues other opportunities.
Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:39 am

I never liked Brooke. She kind of bored me. I think with the one night format, Tom can carry that show by himself and they could save some money if their ratings/revenue for ads is down. Tom is very quick quitted and a born natural, so standing next to him is a difficult job, IMO. With that said, if he does get a new host, it needs to be someone young, dynamic, full of personality,sexy, etc. julianne Hough would be great. or Maks too...
Back to top Go down
annie367
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1718
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:16 pm

catty wrote:

I read on twitter the replacement is Erin Andrews. If true, YUCK!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17295

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:33 pm

I never like Brooke either, something about her just rubs me the wrong way. ABC seems to be cutting back a lot, they went from two nights down to one last season and they got rid of their orchestra and replaced them with a band. Maybe she was making too much money or demanded more money.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:49 pm

annie367 wrote:
catty wrote:

Really??!! I guess I see her more as a sports reporter, but you never know.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:11 am

I like Erin - I thought Brooke was ok, but I was never her biggest fan (although she was better than Samantha, imo). I kind of agree, though, that Tom could probably handle hosting duties by himself. They could keep the couple down with him to do an interview, while revealing scores, instead of the upstairs/downstairs thing they do.

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:55 am

I like Erin but I read they made the switch to boost ratings.  Really?  I can't see Erin helping the ratings.
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:22 am

I agree, Lori - I don't know that she would bring very many additional viewers. I know she is popular in the sports world (she has over two million twitter followers), but that won't necessarily translate to dancing viewership.

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:53 pm

annie367 wrote:
catty wrote:

I guess it is true.

http://tvline.com/2014/02/23/erin-andrews-dancing-with-the-stars-dwts-replace-brooke-burke-charvet-co-host/

Quote :
Fox Sports reporter Erin Andrews, who finished third on Season 10 of Dancing With the Stars, will replace recently ousted Brooke Burke-Charvet next month as co-host of ABC’s ballroom-dancing competition, according to People.com.

More at link.

Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:04 pm

I don't have anything against Erin Andrews, I just don't think she is the right person for this job. Do they put any real effort into finding the right person?? And why is it that they go younger for the female co-host, but it's ok that Tom is older? I like Tom, but geesh!
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 am

I think she will be better than Brooke. Erin always seems so real and down-to-earth, while Brooke always seemed so damn phony to me.

I LOVE Tom as the host. He has such quick wit, I hope Erin brings some of that.

Have we heard who the cast and pros are yet? Is Maks back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host   

Back to top Go down

Brooke Burke-Charvet out as Co-Host
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Dancing With the Stars-
Jump to: