View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14633
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Utopia   January 23rd 2014, 7:45 pm

I didn't want to make a new topic for this, but didn't know where else to put it.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/utopia/2014_Jan_23_fox-order

The new Fox series that combines Big Brother and Survivor

The brand-new reality series that strands 15 people for a year and broadcasts live feeds of their interaction is coming to Fox. Utopia debuted to strong ratings just a few weeks ago in the Netherlands and was created by John de Mol, who’s behind the original Big Brother format.

The show is like Big Brother meets Survivor, with both a survival and a competition element, plus live feeds. Fox will keep those but air the show only once a week; the Dutch network SBS 6 airs it five nights a week.

There’s a competition element that also keeps adding new participants: those on the show nominate each other for eviction, but someone from the bottom three is evicted by one of two newcomers (the other newcomer is also sent home).

Fox’s new reality executive, Simon Andreae, said in a press release that the show “will be the largest, most ambitious social experiment on television” and called it “an irresistible and truly forward-thinking television format.”

There isn’t a timeline yet for when it might air, though in the press release, John de Mol cited the network’s “speed and passion for the project,” suggesting it will air sooner than later. THR reports that “Casting and location scouting for the U.S. series will begin almost immediately.”

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   August 29th 2014, 6:31 pm

Is anyone watching this?

I saw some tweets that said the live feeds started today. I'm not watching the lf, but I will take a look at the show when it airs. The show starts on Sept 7th on Fox. Don't know what time.

http://www.utopiatv.com/#/home

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22967
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   August 29th 2014, 7:56 pm

Could be really good.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   August 29th 2014, 10:47 pm

well based on the live feed updates this is something else...naked swimming, an actual physical altercation and this is the first night lol.

Evidently you can get 2 live feeds for free.  $4.99/month gets you additional feeds and a 360 feed.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   August 29th 2014, 10:56 pm

I know!

Apparently someone is also pregnant.

So much better than BB16 and it's only the first day...364 more days to go LOL

Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   August 29th 2014, 11:10 pm

oh yeah someone is pregnant.  Wonder if the birth will be on a feed, lol.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   August 29th 2014, 11:18 pm

lol! OMG

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 2nd 2014, 4:39 pm

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/utopia-initially-loses-two-female-participants-as-filming-begins-for-very-different-reasons--16735.php

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 2nd 2014, 4:41 pm

catty wrote:
Is anyone watching this?

I saw some tweets that said the live feeds started today. I'm not watching the lf, but I will take a look at the show when it airs.  The show starts on Sept 7th on Fox.  Don't know what time.

http://www.utopiatv.com/#/home

It airs on Sunday from 8 to 10. Then again on Tuesday and Friday from 8 to 9. That's the first week. Who knows after that.

Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25133
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 6th 2014, 8:03 am

I just heard of this last night. Looks good!
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25133
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 7th 2014, 3:14 am

Look familiar??

DISCLAIMER

UTOPIANS are real people filmed 24/7 and have no privacy. They may reveal biases, prejudices, beliefs and opinions that are not condoned by FOX, its parent and affiliated companies, Show producers or Sponsors. Such views and/or opinions are solely those of the UTOPIANS speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of FOX. Due to the live nature of the feeds, there may be language, conduct and/or other content that some viewers may find inappropriate. Viewer discretion is strongly advised.
Back to top Go down
girlmomtobe
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 7th 2014, 8:28 pm

Anyone watch it? I have it saved in the Tivo.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 7th 2014, 8:30 pm

Yes! Im enjoying it thus far.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 8th 2014, 6:49 pm

I watched the first 30 minutes and it was bad. Does it get better? I'm not sure I will keep watching.

Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 8th 2014, 7:38 pm

It is drama filled, lots of personalities.  I liked it.  Not sure if it gets better catty, depending I guess what you like.  I can see it jumping the shark if it gets too out of control.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 8th 2014, 8:15 pm

Thanks Lori. I think I have a problem with the narrator/narration.

Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17159

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 16th 2014, 9:37 pm

I watched the premier online last night while the feeds were down. I loved it, my God so many nasty fights and what's with all the nakedness? lol
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 16th 2014, 9:43 pm

lol isn't that something? A lot of them have no inhibitions.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 16th 2014, 9:46 pm

Lori wrote:
lol isn't that something?  A lot of them have no inhibitions.

I went to the site tonight, I was going to watch Ep. 2 but forgot I didn't watch BB Australia yet (priorities you know lol). I saw pics of all different people. Do they leave and others come in? That's going to suck, it always takes me weeks to remember their names.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 16th 2014, 10:15 pm

Yes they leave and new ones come in.  I'm several episodes behind and have yet to turn on the feeds so I don't know all the ins and outs.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   September 21st 2014, 5:24 pm

Figures, just when I was starting to get into it. Hope the ratings go up enough to keep it on the air.

Utopia 2014: Viewers Continue To Decline

This might not be the best news for our fellow Utopia fans because if these numbers continue, it can only lead to the inevitable cancelation of the show. Most networks wouldn’t hesitate to cut a show doing this bad, so we’re lucky they haven’t canceled it yet.

Despite the declining numbers, a FOX executive said they’re going to have patience with the ratings and viewers as they believe that people might not be quite ready for a new fall show. However, you can only be patient for so long before you’re losing too much money to continue.

Utopia on FOX viewership -

Episode 1: 4.63 Million viewers
Episode 2: 2.48 Million viewers
Episode 3: 1.99 Million viewers
Episode 4: 2.42 Million viewers
Episode 5: 1.54 Million viewers

FOX made a $50 million dollar gamble on Utopia, hence why they’re being “patient”. If the show is to be canceled, It’ll happen in late October when there is baseball to take it’s prime time spot. That leaves us with about a month to see the numbers increase before the inevitable finally catches up with us.

http://utopiaupdates.com/utopia-2014-viewers-continue-to-decline/
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35412
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   November 2nd 2014, 4:59 pm

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/utopia-cancelled-fox-effective-immediately-205934272.html

Utopia Cancelled at Fox, Effective Immediately

For the 15 residents of Utopia, it’s the end of the world as they know it.

Fox on Sunday cancelled its big-budget “social experiment,” effective immediately (meaning last Friday’s episode was the series finale).

Utopia‘s live-streaming feeds will fade to black later today. A Fox insider tells TVLine that it’s “likely” viewers will get to see the show’s participants react to the cancellation before the plug is pulled.

UPDATE: It looks like we won’t be seeing the cast’s reactions, after all. Executive producer Jon Kroll on Sunday confirmed the series’ cancellation
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   November 2nd 2014, 5:09 pm

This is too bad, I was really getting into it. A lot of the problem was it's once a week showing. So much happened during the week, and they just touched base on it. Especially last week when the world series was on, there was not show until this Friday. Tons of stuff happened during those two weeks.

Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   November 2nd 2014, 8:46 pm

yeah I'm not surprised by this. I had trouble keeping up on it.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   December 14th 2014, 5:36 pm

Just in case any of you Utopia watchers wanted to know, Amanda had her baby and it's a boy!!!

Bonnie Cozzetto @COZZEB  ·  Dec 8
Congratulations @MamaBearSeattle, He Is Beautiful!  #BabyJoshon Welcome! 1st & Only #UtopiaBaby!

Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   December 14th 2014, 5:37 pm

awww...those are some big man hands,lol.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   December 14th 2014, 7:21 pm

I thought the same thing, Lori. lol He's a cutie, though. Glad everything went well for her.

PostSubject: Re: Utopia   

Back to top Go down

Utopia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Other Reality TV Shows-
Jump to: