Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14909
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   January 16th 2014, 1:19 pm

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1001776/
Quote :

AMAZING RACE: ALL STARS - SEASON 24 PREMIERE ANNOUNCED

Mark your calendars! The Amazing Race All-Star Edition will premiere on CBS on Sunday, Feb. 23 at 8/7c! Tune in to see some of your favorite Racers from past seasons get another chance at the $1 million prize.

11 All-Star Teams Return For Another Chance at $1 Million On "The Amazing Race" Beginning Sunday, Feb. 23, 8:00-9:00 PM

Eleven former teams return for another sprint around the globe on a special All-Star themed edition of THE AMAZING RACE, while brains, brawn and beauty face-off in SURVIVOR, as both Emmy Award-winning series return this February. THE AMAZING RACE, featuring 11 returning fan favorite teams in pursuit of the $1 million prize, premieres Sunday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

Hosted by Phil Keoghan, THE AMAZING RACE averaged 10.03 million viewers in its fall edition. THE AMAZING RACE is a nine-time Emmy Award winner for "Outstanding Reality-Competition Program."

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Mark Vertullo are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions. Phil Keoghan hosts. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

I thought I would make a separate thread even though there is a spoiler thread.  The official cast hasn't been announced, but it's in the other thread for those who want to know.

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   January 26th 2014, 4:20 pm

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Amazing-Race-All-Stars-Brendon-Rachel-1076536.aspx

The article is too long to post here, but I thought some might get a good laugh at this quote.
Quote :

Rachel: We got on a really strict training schedule. We'd wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning, run for three miles, do yoga, lift weights — anything we thought would help us, we would do. We really trained for Season 24. It's All-Stars and we knew everyone would be super-competitive.

Brendon: Rachel was training really hard. I actually got hit by a car before we left.

So now he's gotten hit by a bus and a car  lol!

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   January 26th 2014, 9:53 pm

LMAO  He's the definition of a hot mess!!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   January 27th 2014, 12:09 pm

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1001845/

It's the news we've all been waiting for! Find out who will be racing on the newest season of The Amazing Race. All of these teams are getting their second (for some, third!) chance to race again. Learn more below!

11 All-Star Teams Including The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Brendon & Rachel and Dave & Connor Return For Another Chance at $1 Million

CBS announced today the 11 all-star teams returning for another sprint around the globe and the opportunity to win the $1 million dollar prize, on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

This season, which marks the 24th race around the world for the series, will feature some of the most memorable duos. Eleven all-star teams return for another chance to win THE AMAZING RACE, but in a dramatic twist one team will not make it to the starting line. The returning teams include fan favorites The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Dave & Connor, Brendon & Rachel, and more.

Teams will be put to the test as they travel through four continents and nine countries, spanning more than 35,000 miles. The Race will take them on a mission high above the city in Guangzhou, China, rappelling down the roaring rapids of the Kiansom Waterfall in Malaysia, fighting with Gladiators in Rome, Italy and fueling up vehicles in Sri Lanka.

THE AMAZING RACE sends 11 teams on a trek around the world. Each Team is comprised of two people who have a pre-existing relationship with one another. At every destination, each Team competes in a series of challenges — some mental and some physical — and when the tasks have been completed, they learn their next destination. Teams who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning at least $1 million.

Link to cast bios http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/season/24/cast/

The official cast:

Brendon and Rachel--Season 20
Mark and Bopper--20
Cord and Jet--16 and 18
Dave and Connor--22
Flight Time and Big Easy--15 and 18
Jennifer and Caroline--22
Joey and Meagan--22
John and Jessica--22
Leo and Jaml--23
Marge and Luke--14 and 18
Natalie and Nadiya--21

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   January 27th 2014, 1:29 pm

Just in case some don't remember them by name.

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   January 27th 2014, 5:24 pm

Does anyone know if they are paid any money just to be on the show or if they come in 2nd or 3rd place? I was always curious about this, but never knew if the answer was out there.
Back to top Go down
ecatcool
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   January 27th 2014, 6:00 pm

I think for a normal season they get prize money based on their placement (like survivor does as well). Not sure if they get additional money since it is an all stars season. Rumor was that Romber was handsomely compensated to come back on all stars. I do not know this for certain though.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   January 27th 2014, 6:08 pm

They receive less than Survivor though. (I heard that info in an interview with a former TAR competitor years ago but I can't remember who it was.)
Like Survivor, there's money for second, third, fourth place and on down.

Survivor compensation
Back to top Go down
boots
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1925
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   January 27th 2014, 6:25 pm

I watched the cast video and at first felt hesitant. After seeing all the teams, I HAVE to watch this season!

Rooting for:
Bopper & Mark
Dave & Connor
Margie & Luke
(Cord & Jet are OK too)

Not a fan of:
Flight Time & Big Easy
Brendon & Rachel
John & Jessica
Back to top Go down
Hugh310
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 2754
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   February 1st 2014, 10:16 pm

If I recall correctly, Romber mentioned in post-TAR7 interviews that they only got $25,000 for second place, which is ridiculously cheap for the TAR producers to give out.

Survivor and BB have much better prizes for the also-rans, as it should be.

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   February 7th 2014, 3:54 am

Yay! Team youtube is back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS   

Back to top Go down

Amazing Race 24 All Stars NO SPOILERS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Reality Television :: Amazing Race-
Jump to: