Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 19th 2014, 12:07 am

Trying to quit smoking. (AGAIN)  this really, really Sucks!  ACK !!!!!   I need a smoke

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 19th 2014, 7:04 am

I hear ya!
Back to top Go down
doll
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 464

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 19th 2014, 8:06 am

chc64 wrote:
Trying to quit smoking. (AGAIN)  this really, really Sucks!  ACK !!!!!   I need a smoke

OMG Good luck to you!!! I mean that from my heart to yours. My husband and I are trying again too we are even painting our house this time to get alll the smoke out and hope to really pull it off this time.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 19th 2014, 9:24 am

good luck to you & your husband, also, doll! Here's hoping we're all smoke free from now on.
 cheers to you  I'll work on drinking next. LOL

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 19th 2014, 12:56 pm

chc64 wrote:

good luck to you & your husband, also, doll!  Here's hoping we're all smoke free from now on.
 cheers to you   I'll work on drinking next. LOL

lol! 
Back to top Go down
doll
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 19th 2014, 5:32 pm

lol  boob shake  Now that's Never gunna happen but GL with that also.I'll keep you posted on how things our going if we havent killed each by then  fuss and fight haha
Back to top Go down
Schooner
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 20th 2014, 8:18 am

I know all you smokers are gonna hate me for saying this, but it is 100% true - quitting smoking was really easy for me. I only smoked when younger (like 16 to 23 years old), but enough that I was a full-time smoker.

The funny thing was - I never 'liked' being a smoker. I didn't like how I felt if I smoked too much in a day (made me feel like crap). I didn't like the dirty parts of it (dirty ashtrays, stinky clothes, hair, etc).

So, when I finally said 'why am I doing this...I don't 'want' to be a smoker. I could envision what it was doing to my body every time I had one, to the point that I couldn't enjoy it or finish the cigarette.

I just stopped. cold turkey. Didn't lead up to it, or plan it or whatever. Just said 'I don't want to do this any more'. So I didn't. I haven't craved them or wanted to smoke since. That was about 27 years ago.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 20th 2014, 12:29 pm

you're right, schooner. I hate you for saying it. LOL (Just kidding)
a friend of mine quit just the way you did, after about 30 years of smoking. just decided eh! I don't want to do this anymore, and stopped. (I hate her, too) LOL

Not so for me, unfortunately. But, I keep on trying. Heck, quitting is easy, I do it all the time.

Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 20th 2014, 2:38 pm

I dont hate you but sure wish I had your will power,my husband and I have tried numerous times and ways and have failed each time .THis time WILL be different dammit and in all seriousness we wont be drinking while quiting, it becomes a happy aww one wont hurt shhh, and we wont have another. yeah right,haha  bad girl 
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 12116
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 20th 2014, 9:18 pm

Good luck to all of you. I quit over 20 years ago and it gets easier each year that passes. I don't miss it at all.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 21st 2014, 7:29 pm

The DMV I should have made an appointment, but at least I got it over with.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 21st 2014, 9:13 pm

Ew! the DMV is the worst. I'm glad you got it over with, though.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 22nd 2014, 3:21 pm

chc64 wrote:

I just ordered this book that was recommended to me. Reading the reviews, I think it's worth the $13 dollars to give it a try.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: The Easyway To Stop Smoking

---
I've smoked for almost 40 years. I think one reason I haven't quit is because I've really noticed no ill effects. I'm never sick...
however, at age 65, I think it's about time. I do enjoy it a lot though.
My cigarettes at the Indian smoke shop went up to $35.00 a carton, so it would make good sense financially.
Also save on health insurance.

I just ordered the above book. It might be fun for some of us to get together and read the book together and quit together.
Anyone interested?

Heck... I could start a separate forum for us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 22nd 2014, 4:12 pm

AABB Admin wrote:
chc64 wrote:

I just ordered this book that was recommended to me. Reading the reviews, I think it's worth the $13 dollars to give it a try.

---
I've smoked for almost 40 years.  I think one reason I haven't quit is because I've really noticed no ill effects.  I'm never sick...
however, at age 65, I think it's about time.  I do enjoy it a lot though.
My cigarettes at the Indian smoke shop went up to $35.00 a carton, so it would make good sense financially.

I just ordered the above book.  It might be fun for some of us to get together and read the book together and quit together.
Anyone interested?

omg! I would love to...but I'm scared...I think I need to think about this. Can I have a day to two?
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 22nd 2014, 5:48 pm

Thanks for the tip, Nancy. I might just order it, too. A separate forum for us fiending nicotiners sounds like a good idea, too. A little self help couldn't hurt. I was a little stressed today & cheated (again, sad to say), but after smoking for 50+ years, it ain't easy, and, like you, I enjoy it most of the time.
Especially after a good meal.  Smile 

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 22nd 2014, 6:05 pm

I just ordered it! Should arrive mid-week. It cost almost $19.00 after shipping & NYC tax, but if it helps, it will be well worth it! $12.50 a pack is a real driving force in this venture.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 22nd 2014, 9:05 pm

chc64 wrote:
I just ordered it!  Should arrive mid-week.  It cost almost $19.00 after shipping & NYC tax, but if it helps, it will be well worth it!  $12.50 a pack is a real driving force in this venture.

Oh, I forgot. I have "prime". If cigarettes in Oklahoma were 12.50 a pack, I would have stopped a long time ago!

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 22nd 2014, 9:07 pm

bergen wrote:
AABB Admin wrote:
chc64 wrote:

---
I've smoked for almost 40 years.  I think one reason I haven't quit is because I've really noticed no ill effects.  I'm never sick...
however, at age 65, I think it's about time.  I do enjoy it a lot though.

I just ordered the above book.  It might be fun for some of us to get together and read the book together and quit together.
Anyone interested?

omg! I would love to...but I'm scared...I think I need to think about this. Can I have a day to two?

According to the reviews, you are supposed to keep smoking while reading the book.
For me, I think the best way for me will be to taper off. Like allow 10 cigs a day, then 9, etc.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 22nd 2014, 10:47 pm

Good luck. I wish my brother would quit, but I think it's pretty hopeless. My other brother quit several yrs ago because he got really sick and couldn't breathe and was rushed to the ER. He quit cold turkey ever since. He took up jogging as a hobby and eventually entered a couple of half marathons per year. He might run one more in May or Nov.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 22nd 2014, 11:45 pm

Oversharers on the internet
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 23rd 2014, 2:24 am

Good for him, catty!

Number of posts : 12116

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 23rd 2014, 3:28 am

Beyond irrating...illness. Constant fucking illness. Never feeling I've slept enough or well enough on any given day.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 23rd 2014, 4:36 pm

MORE SNOW coming Wednesday !!  ARRRG 

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 25th 2014, 8:07 pm

I'll tell you what's irritating me today...our lovely governor won't just come out and veto SB 1062. For those of you not in the know, this wonderful bill, if passed, will give all business owners here in AZ the right (all in the name of religion, of course) to deny service to a homosexual. Yes, that's right folks. Can you believe that? I don't know, but my God is a God of love and this just makes me sick.  ARRRG 
Back to top Go down
doll
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 25th 2014, 8:31 pm

This is what I'm doing Nancy,chc64 I'm starting at 10 a day for 1 month (maybe less) then 5 then none .We got the house halfway painted and I started today at10 so far so good,the rest of the house next weekend,poor hubby painted while he was still recovering from the flu but he did an amazing job <3
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 25th 2014, 10:24 pm

ebowers wrote:
I'll tell you what's irritating me today...our lovely governor won't just come out and veto SB 1062.  For those of you not in the know, this wonderful bill, if passed, will give all business owners here in AZ the right (all in the name of religion, of course) to deny service to a homosexual.  Yes, that's right folks.  Can you believe that?  I don't know, but my God is a God of love and this just makes me sick.  ARRRG 

I have heard about it and I'm surprised that there isn't more national attention being brought to it. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I haven't seen a whole lot of coverage over it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. My brother lives in AZ and we constantly speak about this and other things going on in AZ.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 25th 2014, 11:24 pm

ebowers wrote:
I'll tell you what's irritating me today...our lovely governor won't just come out and veto SB 1062.  For those of you not in the know, this wonderful bill, if passed, will give all business owners here in AZ the right (all in the name of religion, of course) to deny service to a homosexual.  Yes, that's right folks.  Can you believe that?  I don't know, but my God is a God of love and this just makes me sick.  ARRRG 

OMG! How can that even be legal? Whatever happened to separation of Church & State?
that gets an  ARRRG  from me, too!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 25th 2014, 11:38 pm

doll wrote:
This is what I'm doing Nancy,chc64 I'm starting at 10 a day for 1 month (maybe less) then 5 then none .We got the house halfway painted and I started today at10 so far so good,the rest of the house next weekend,poor hubby painted while he was still recovering from the flu but he did an amazing job <3

I just received the book Nancy recommended, didn't read it yet, though. Every time I put out a cig I say that's the last one, but it never is. I've tried the E-cigarettes,
the patch, cutting back .... I hope this book helps. GL to you & your hubby. Glad you got your painting done.

Nancy, have you read the book at all yet? You mentioned maybe a separate thread or forum for us hopeless quitters. I think that's a great idea!  Smile 

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 1:11 am

How I quit smoking, I was a pack a day smoker.

Each week I dropped a place/time to stop smoking, I stopped smoking in my house, stopped smoking at work, after meals, after a drink/beer, pretty soon I started lighting up a cig and just take one puff and put the cig out because I would be satisfied. This took about 3 months before I was down to smoking only while I walked my dog at 10 pm. At the end of this time frame I just stopped and I have not wanted to light up again because it was so hard to break the habit.

Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 1:44 am

Thanks, Von. That's a new tactic to try.  Smile 

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 4:24 am

catty wrote:
ebowers wrote:

I have heard about it and I'm surprised that there isn't more national attention being brought to it.  Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I haven't seen a whole lot of coverage over it.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  My brother lives in AZ and we constantly speak about this and other things going on in AZ.

Really? I read about it constantly and it's on the cable news... well MSNBC constantly.
She will veto it. The business community has come out strong against it, both Republican Senators and even Mitt Romney weighed in as hoping she vetoes the bill.

There is a similar bill being brought in Georgia and Missouri. Perhaps they won't get anywhere considering the outrage.

Here is an especially good article:

Platinum-Level Citizenship

PAUL WALDMAN FEBRUARY 24, 2014
Highly-religious Christians' battle to change the very nature of the First Amendment.

http://prospect.org/article/platinum-level-citizenship

Ask a conservative Christian about the President of the United States, and you're likely to hear that Barack Obama has been waging a "war on religion" since pretty much the moment he took office in 2009. As laughable as the assertion may be, there's little doubt that many have come to believe it, spurred on of course by opportunistic politicians and right-wing talk show hosts whose stock in trade is the creation of fear and resentment. In response, those conservative Christians have mounted a little war of their own, fought in the courts and state legislatures. The enemies include not just the Obama administration but gay people, women who want control of their own bodies, and an evolving modern morality that has left them behind.

In the process, they have made a rather spectacular claim, though not explicitly. What they seek is nothing short of a different definition of American citizenship granted only to highly religious people, and highly religious Christians in particular. They are demanding that our laws stake out for them a kind of Citizenship Platinum, allowing them an exemption from any law or obligation they'd prefer to disregard. They would refashion the First Amendment in their image.

Last week saw a number of new developments in the effort to create this elevated status for religious people, as bills seeking to enshrine discrimination against gay couples moved forward in two states. A bill in Kansas would explicitly allow both businesses and government to discriminate against gay couples in pretty much any way they wanted. A movie theater could turn gay couples away at the door, or a paramedic could refuse to treat a gay person having a heart attack, and they'd be immune from prosecution or lawsuits. After passing the Kansas state house overwhelmingly, the bill died in the state senate, in a brief (though likely temporary) moment of sanity.

A bill in Arizona did better, passing both houses, and it now awaits Governor Jan Brewer's signature. This one was written more broadly, without the direct focus on gay couples, but its effects would be the same. It grants to any person, organization or corporation a nearly unlimited right to assert their "sincerely held" religious beliefs as a shield against lawsuits for discrimination.

Rest of this thoughtful article at the link.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 4:26 am

chc64 wrote:
doll wrote:

I just received the book Nancy recommended, didn't read it yet, though.  Every time I put out a cig I say that's the last one, but it never is.  I've tried the E-cigarettes,
the patch, cutting back .... I hope this book helps.  GL to you & your hubby.  Glad you got your painting done.  

Nancy, have you read the book at all yet?  You mentioned maybe a separate thread or forum for us hopeless quitters.  I think that's a great idea!   Smile 

No. I got it yesterday, but haven't opened it.
I have also heard that the "tapering off" method is usually the most successful.
10 a day for a week, then 9, then 8 etc....
Back to top Go down
doll
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 9:30 am

Yes I have heard this too,the hardest part is making the 10 stretch alll day all night, if I can cut down the morning time smoking  I think I will do ok as I dont smoke as much at night.and Von thats why were painting so we dont smoke in the house anymore but Damn it's cold outside right now.Hope Spring comes soon. Hang in there you guys!!!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 10:54 am

doll wrote:
Yes I have heard this too,the hardest part is making the 10 stretch alll day all night, if I can cut down the morning time smoking  I think I will do ok as I dont smoke as much at night.and Von thats why were painting so we dont smoke in the house anymore but Damn it's cold outside right now.Hope Spring comes soon. Hang in there you guys!!!

I haven't smoked in the house in many years. We have a covered back patio. It's really cold right now, but I go out there.... with my little space heater at my feet.
Back to top Go down
doll
Houseguest
Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 12:15 pm

I need to get me a little space heater,good idea.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 2:43 pm

Thank you Nancy for the link.

I started seeing more coverage about it today.

I don't watch as much of MSNBC as much as I used to. I have seen AC talking about it.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 6:13 pm

AABB Admin wrote:
doll wrote:

I haven't smoked in the house in many years.  We have a covered back patio.  It's really cold right now, but I go out there.... with my little space heater at my feet.

OMGosh, Nancy! This sounds just like my mom. She had a covered back patio with a little space heater...too funny! She never smoked in the house.
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 6:21 pm

AABB Admin wrote:
catty wrote:
ebowers wrote:

I have heard about it and I'm surprised that there isn't more national attention being brought to it.  Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I haven't seen a whole lot of coverage over it.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  My brother lives in AZ and we constantly speak about this and other things going on in AZ.

Really?  I read about it constantly and it's on the cable news... well MSNBC constantly.
She will veto it. The business community has come out strong against it, both Republican Senators and even Mitt Romney weighed in as hoping she vetoes the bill.

There is a similar bill being brought in Georgia and Missouri.  Perhaps they won't get anywhere considering the outrage.

Here is an especially good article:  

Platinum-Level Citizenship

PAUL WALDMAN FEBRUARY 24, 2014
Highly-religious Christians' battle to change the very nature of the First Amendment.

http://prospect.org/article/platinum-level-citizenship

Ask a conservative Christian about the President of the United States, and you're likely to hear that Barack Obama has been waging a "war on religion" since pretty much the moment he took office in 2009. As laughable as the assertion may be, there's little doubt that many have come to believe it, spurred on of course by opportunistic politicians and right-wing talk show hosts whose stock in trade is the creation of fear and resentment. In response, those conservative Christians have mounted a little war of their own, fought in the courts and state legislatures. The enemies include not just the Obama administration but gay people, women who want control of their own bodies, and an evolving modern morality that has left them behind.

In the process, they have made a rather spectacular claim, though not explicitly. What they seek is nothing short of a different definition of American citizenship granted only to highly religious people, and highly religious Christians in particular. They are demanding that our laws stake out for them a kind of Citizenship Platinum, allowing them an exemption from any law or obligation they'd prefer to disregard. They would refashion the First Amendment in their image.

Last week saw a number of new developments in the effort to create this elevated status for religious people, as bills seeking to enshrine discrimination against gay couples moved forward in two states. A bill in Kansas would explicitly allow both businesses and government to discriminate against gay couples in pretty much any way they wanted. A movie theater could turn gay couples away at the door, or a paramedic could refuse to treat a gay person having a heart attack, and they'd be immune from prosecution or lawsuits. After passing the Kansas state house overwhelmingly, the bill died in the state senate, in a brief (though likely temporary) moment of sanity.

A bill in Arizona did better, passing both houses, and it now awaits Governor Jan Brewer's signature. This one was written more broadly, without the direct focus on gay couples, but its effects would be the same. It grants to any person, organization or corporation a nearly unlimited right to assert their "sincerely held" religious beliefs as a shield against lawsuits for discrimination.

Rest of this thoughtful article at the link.

Well Nancy, any person in their right mind would veto it...(And therein lies the problem, she's not).
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 6:52 pm

She vetoed it.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    February 26th 2014, 6:53 pm

Whew !! Thank goodness.

PostSubject: Re: what is irritating you today?    

Back to top Go down

what is irritating you today?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: