Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KayS
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: New Year's Resolutions   December 27th 2013, 8:31 am

I have a couple for next year. First, I am done with loaning people things that are never returned. I lent my first kindle to a friend, and asked for it back to give my daughter so she could see if she liked it for reading. She said she can't find it, and is now saying her ex husband may have taken it when he moved out. Now she has ignored my messages this week. Will have to see her at work Monday and it will be strange. I just can't understand people like that.

Also will quit getting stressed at work when others don't do their fair share on a mutual task. I talked to my boss and she told me to just email her and she will take care of it. Seems so weird grown women can't just do the job THEN play on their phones

For the good stuff. I will continue taking care of my health and just be darn grateful I am alive.

Continue researching and learning about many different things. I am a news junkie.

Read ALL the books I downloaded to kindle (good luck with THAT one, that free button is just too tempting)

What are yours?

Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 27th 2013, 1:17 pm

Never make them because I never follow through...but this year I need to.

First is lose weight. My son is getting married in June and I refuse to look fat in the pictures.

Second one is not to be a door mat. Had a friend who went through a lot if turmoil the last year and a half. Was there every single time...day or night lending a shoulder and support. Now things are fine and my texts and calls go unanswered or "I have to go to bed" or some other excuse...never ever had someone use me like that!! It hurt.
Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12116

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 27th 2013, 1:46 pm

Lori, boy can I relate! It freaking hurts. Not answering texts or phone calls is a mean thing to do.

I have no resolutions. I try so hard all year round. Especially, to be kind and forgiving.  scared
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 27th 2013, 3:11 pm

I'm seriously considering giving up coffee, but I don't know if I can. That means no Starbuck's for a year....would frappucino's count?

On Thanksgiving I decided to only drink soda on holidays and that has been okay, but I've thought of giving it up altogether on New Year's too. I did it before and I know I can do it again.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 27th 2013, 3:47 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 27th 2013, 4:07 pm

Lori, I hear you about being a door mat. I think that is what I should work on too in the coming new year. It just gets so tiring. But, I always remember that quote that says others treat us the way we allow them to (or something like that). I just can not allow people to be rude and disrespectful to me...I have to stand up and say something. God, give me strength!
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 27th 2013, 5:23 pm

I'd like to be less judgmental ... I'm not a bitch out loud, but I'm often glad that people can't read my mind. I have no patience for people who don't seem to know anything about the world around them but can spend thirty minutes telling you all about the latest trends in cosmetics ... they have time to shop for hours every week but no time to visit their elderly aunt. (Maybe I spent too much time with a couple of my cousins recently? Lol)
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 27th 2013, 6:07 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
I'd like to be less judgmental ... I'm not a bitch out loud, but I'm often glad that people can't read my mind. I have no patience for people who don't seem to know anything about the world around them but can spend thirty minutes telling you all about the latest trends in cosmetics ... they have time to shop for hours every week but no time to visit their elderly aunt. (Maybe I spent too much time with a couple of my cousins recently? Lol)

I don't think there is anything wrong with being judgmental, especially if you keep it to yourself. I, like you, can't stand people who don't read the news, or spout crap they heard third hand or heard on a tv network that shall remain nameless.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people - attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt.

( LOL - of course that doesn't apply here!! I do my "idea" discussion on another site )
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 27th 2013, 6:38 pm

AABB Admin wrote:
Coffee is good for you!  LOL  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/17/coffee-health-benefits_n_4102133.html

Well that my change my mind lol

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 29th 2013, 8:39 am

ebowers wrote:
Lori, I hear you about being a door mat. I think that is what I should work on too in the coming new year. It just gets so tiring. But, I always remember that quote that says others treat us the way we allow them to (or something like that). I just can not allow people to be rude and disrespectful to me...I have to stand up and say something. God, give me strength!

That's very true about allowing ourselves to be treated poorly.

On that note I texted my friend expressing the things that are bothering me. No answer. Honestly how people justify rudeness boggles my mind. I think this friendship is over.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 29th 2013, 9:01 am

I hear that. Still no reply from my "friend" about the kindle. At work tomorrow, there will more than likely be some "drama" she went thru with the boyfriend, whatever. Work will be crazy busy tomorrow so I will definitely be busy!

I am a bitch on the internet sometimes, but a marshmallow in real life. My resolution too is not to allow myself to be walked over.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 29th 2013, 9:43 am

We need moody here to give us advice lol. I'm actually now wondering if. I have done something offensive and that's why I'm getting the cold shoulder. I wonder why I am unable to accept the the fact that I was used and am no longer needed?
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 29th 2013, 10:42 am

Lori wrote:
We need moody here to give us advice lol.  I'm actually now wondering if. I have done something offensive and that's why I'm getting the cold shoulder.  I wonder why I am unable to accept the the fact that I was used and am no longer needed?

Maybe the friend is embarrassed because she confided so much to you.
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 29th 2013, 10:55 am

That very well could be Nancy. Lori, lots of people would be glad to be your friend, her loss!
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 29th 2013, 11:06 am

Its a possibility I suppose. Honestly though the cold shouldering coincided with an improvement in circumstances.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 29th 2013, 11:30 am

Lori wrote:
Never make them because I never follow through...but this year I need to.

First is lose weight.  My son is getting married in June and I refuse to look fat in the pictures.

Second one is not to be a door mat.  Had a friend who went through a lot if turmoil the last year and a half.  Was there every single time...day or night lending a shoulder and support.  Now things are fine and my texts and calls go unanswered or "I have to go to bed" or some other excuse...never ever had someone use me like that!!  It hurt.

Lori I hear ya on the friend part....I have always been there for anyone at any time I'm needed, but when I've needed someone no friends are there for me. I'm done being a doormat!

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 29th 2013, 2:56 pm

We need to form a club lol.

Lovin...how is Dana?
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 29th 2013, 5:29 pm

Lori, does your friend have any mental challenges? I often clam up and can't carry on a friendship with consistency. Maybe she is "turtling" the way I do for periods of time?

All I know, is that you are one of THE most kindest, caring, loving, witty and sincerest friend I've ever met. Not once have you ever let me down. She is a fool to let anything get between her friendship with you.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 31st 2013, 2:43 pm

I've made no resolutions because I never keep them, although I, too, would like to stop being a doormat, but I doubt that I'll change.
Anyway, I stopped by here to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!  fireworks cheers to you 

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 31st 2013, 5:37 pm

Happy New Year everyone Smile

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 31st 2013, 5:40 pm

Frances...no mental challenges unless you count self absorbtion as a mental issue. Definitely is not a case if turtling.
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 31st 2013, 6:14 pm

Lori wrote:
Frances...no mental challenges unless you count self absorbtion as a mental issue.  Definitely is not a case if turtling.  

I hate her. Sorry. I'm a petty bitch.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 31st 2013, 6:20 pm

Frances wrote:
Lori wrote:
Frances...no mental challenges unless you count self absorbtion as a mental issue.  Definitely is not a case if turtling.  

I hate her. Sorry. I'm a petty bitch.

LOL Frannie - Lori, forget her, she obviously isn't a friend, since she doesn't know the meaning of friendship. I knew a couple of girls like that, once their BF broken up with them, all they wanted was to hang out. Then they got a new BF and bam, you were history.

What's everyone doing tonight? Anyone doing anything exciting? I'm staying in like I always do lol. It's too damn cold to go out. I'll be snuggled on the couch with hubby, my pooches and Ryan Seacrest.

Happy New Year everyone! We've made another year together and boy are these years flying by. I wish everyone a very happy and healthy 2014 and I hope we're all together again this year posting and fighting over our favorite HG's  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 31st 2013, 6:35 pm

I'm staying home. We have bitter cold and snow. Told hubby its going to be a loonnng night. Lol. Might have to open some wine!!

I'm a petty bitch too Frances lol.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   January 2nd 2014, 8:08 am

Lori wrote:
We need to form a club lol.

Lovin...how is Dana?

Lori I haven't heard from her since before her trip.

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   January 2nd 2014, 9:23 pm

This isn't a New Year's resolution, but I didn't feel like making a new thread for it. I wanted to share though because this is amazing and here I thought Macy's fireworks were the bomb LOL

Skip to 29:35 in the video -

Did your New Year's Eve party have a record-breaking fireworks show? Yeah, we thought not.

While you were watching sipping discount champagne out of a plastic cup and wondering why the net of balloons wasn't working, Dubai was setting a Guinness World Record for the World's Biggest Pyrotechnics Display.

Dubai is no stranger to World Records, having earned the World's Tallest Building Title for Burj Khalifa and the World's Largest Manmade Island, among others. The previous record was held by Kuwait, for using 77,282 in 2012.

Dubai broke the record by, oh, just 400,000 fireworks.

"The celebrations marked the end of a momentous year for Dubai—a year which has laid the groundwork for a prosperous future," Helal Saeed Almarri of Dubai's Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, said (via International Business Times).

"Once again, this New Year began with images of our emirate being shown around the world."

The show included 500,000 fireworks and lasted for six minutes, though the record was broken within the first 60 seconds. It took place over 400 locations in Dubai, ending with an "artificial sunrise" along the seafront, symbolizing a "new dawn" for the city.

Here are some additional facts, by the numbers (via IBT):

3,280: The height in feet of the highest fireworks launched in Dubai in 2014.

62: The length in miles of waterfront lit up for the record-breaking spectacular.

5,000: How many man-hours it took the technicians to ensure the fireworks' timing was accurate down to the millisecond.

10: How many months it took to plan the New Year's extravaganza.

6 million: How much it cost in U.S. dollars to set a new world record for pyrotechnics.

The spectacle was livestreamed to the world. Skip to 29:40 for the good stuff:

http://www.eonline.com/news/495287/dubai-set-a-world-record-with-their-epic-new-year-s-fireworks-show-and-it-only-cost-6-million?cmpid=tweol-manual
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 22nd 2014, 6:19 pm

anyone making any?
also, how's everyone's holiday coming along. Everyone ready?
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 22nd 2014, 8:17 pm

I have resolved to never make another N.Y. resolution! I have no real shopping done yet, Oy Vey! I
always seem to be out last minute Christmas eve. shoot_me

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 22nd 2014, 9:26 pm

To read as many books as I can. Oh wait, I'm doing that now. lol!

I don't celebrate Holidays, sorry Bergen. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 23rd 2014, 8:12 am

well Frances, sometime I wish I didn't celebrate either.
Me and my hubby seriously talked about this year not going anywhere except to Chinatown for dinner ourselves. Of course that didnt pan out, family won
Hey, maybe that will be my new years resolution, to spend next xams just me and my husband...lol
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 23rd 2014, 11:54 am

We're planning to sell our house and downsize next Spring so my New Year's resolution is to purge ruthlessly starting January 5th.
My DH painted the entire interior of our house last Fall and I thought I got rid of truck loads then but I can see that I have to be much more ruthless!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 23rd 2014, 1:25 pm

That's exciting CJ.
Back to top Go down
Frances

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 23rd 2014, 1:43 pm

Bergen...my family is scattered all over the US so Holidays are regular days. I'm very introverted as well. Embarassed

CJ, how far are you in your search for a smaller house? I do not envy your purging...what a hassle. Keep us updated if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 23rd 2014, 5:50 pm

We've looked around Frannie, and we will continue to, but I guess we won't get really serious until the Spring.
Back to top Go down
elmbowers
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 23rd 2014, 9:52 pm

My New Year's resolution is to clean out the garage and throw things away or give things away that we don't need...kinda like you are doing, CJ. So many friends have downsized this past year.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 31st 2014, 11:22 am

Hope everyone has a Happy & Healthy New Year! 2015 Here I come

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Resolutions   December 31st 2014, 11:31 am