catty
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14724
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Broadchurch   December 14th 2013, 3:50 pm

http://www.bbcamerica.com/broadchurch/about-the-show/

Quote :
BBC AMERICA’s “Broadchurch,” which earned critical acclaim, including BAFTA nods, and broken records on Twitter in the UK, centers on the investigation into the murder of a young boy in a British seaside town.

Leading the investigation are two detectives – the strong yet compassionate local Detective Sergeant, Ellie Miller (Olivia Colman), and the by-the-book Detective Inspector Alec Hardy (David Tennant), Ellie’s newly appointed boss.

By circumstance they are partnered to solve the murder, keeping the newspapers from derailing the investigation and trying to prevent the crime from impacting tourism at the beach where the boy was murdered.

The cast also includes Jodie Whittaker as Beth, Andrew Buchan as Mark, Will Mellor playing Stephen Turner and sees Arthur Darvill as the town priest Paul Coates.

The series is created and written by Chris Chibnall and executive produced by Chibnall and Jane Featherstone.

I recorded this when it aired in August and I am just now watching.  And I really like it.  I hope it's on Netflix so you can tune in.  If not, it might be  on itunes or ondemand.

If you liked The Killing you might like this.

I read a few months ago that it was being brought to the states and made into a show here starring Anna Gunn from Breaking Bad.
That news at link below.

http://tvline.com/2013/11/18/anna-gunn-gracepoint-fox-broadchurch-remake-ellie-miller/

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1927
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Broadchurch   December 16th 2013, 6:46 pm

Sounds good. I'm gonna check it out.
Back to top Go down
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Broadchurch   February 22nd 2014, 4:05 pm

Update...I watched this and loved it. Thanks, catty.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Broadchurch   February 22nd 2014, 4:44 pm

Oh good, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

New! CBS All Access. Watch CBS Shows On Demand. Anytime, Anywhere. Live TV & Next-day new episodes. Free Trial!

Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Broadchurch   January 7th 2015, 3:50 pm

NickelPickle wrote:
Update...I watched this and loved it. Thanks, catty.

The 2nd season will start airing in March.

Quote :
Britain's most acclaimed drama returns! Watch what the critics are saying and catch Season 2 starting Wednesday, March 4 at 10/9c on BBC America's Dramaville

http://www.bbcamerica.com/broadchurch/videos/critics-love-broadchurch-2/

link to trailer for 2nd season.

Back to top Go down
NickelPickle
All Star
All Star

PostSubject: Re: Broadchurch   January 10th 2015, 7:52 am

Awesome! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Broadchurch   December 27th 2016, 5:24 pm

I have been thinking about this show for the last month and wondering when it would return, if ever. Today, I finally saw something about it on twitter!

http://ew.com/tv/2016/12/27/broadchurch-season-3-trailer/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Quote :
The wait for new episodes of Broadchurch is almost over.

Almost two years after the crime drama’s second season premiere, BBC America has announced it will air the third season of the Chris Chibnall-created program sometime in 2017.

More at link.

I'm excited!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broadchurch   

Back to top Go down

Broadchurch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: Entertainment :: Other television shows-
Jump to: