2014 best be better than 2013 has been

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: 2014 best be better than 2013 has been   December 7th 2013, 9:10 pm

Once again our family has been hit with crap!!! Those that follow me on twitter already know. My grandpa (my moms dad) was taken to the hospital on Thursday for a possible stroke, he was at the drs office at the time of the episode. After a gagillion tests and so for along with an MRI my aunt finally asked the dr today what the MRI said (nurse said it was inconclusive since no notes were on it) dr told them that this wasn't his first mini stroke, he's had multiple. We were told on Thursday as well that he has dementia/alzheimer, that was like a kick in the gut! Stroke bad enough but dementia is rough. My husband's grandmother has it and we know how horrible she is doing. I said to my husband I don't want my grandpa to not remember me. Sad He's 85 and has been healthy for the most part up until the last 6 months or so.

I went to visit him this afternoon at the hospital since he won't be released for a few days yet. He was sleeping so I headed to my grandmas to see her and chat with my aunts and uncles. They will be making some decisions regarding what they are going to do. My grandma hasn't been completely forth coming with how he's actually been and did say last night she was ready to put him in a home, basically out of frustration I think. She's overwhelmed with caring for him with no help. My mom and uncle are now here from NC and GA. I gave my opinion that he is NOT at the nursing home stage yet, he can still do things on his own, you just have to tell him to. He's diabetic as well and his sugar has been out of control for the last few weeks. Anyway...I went back around dinner time to see him, I got him at a good time. I walked in "HI grandpa" big smile on his face he says "well what are you doing here you're supposed to be in NC" so he thought I was my mom for a minute there. I sit down and after a minute or so says "where's Renny and the girls" (my husband) so now he knows who I am. Proceeds to tell me who has been up there to see him and who hasn't. Tells me my mom and uncle are on their way up here, I tell him yes they will arrive tonight and will come see you in the morning. He did ask me the same question a few times but I just went with it. I leave and call my aunt to let her know how he was on my visit, well apparently I got him at a good time he was talking about some off the wall stuff with my uncles, aunt and grandma prior to my arrival. Or maybe I'm just more adaptable since we have dealt with this before in his family?

Please pray for my family has we all deal with this new adventure we are now on. Pray for my grandma that she will have the strength to care for the man she's been married for over 55 years.

Thanks for listening Smile

Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: 2014 best be better than 2013 has been   December 7th 2013, 9:32 pm

I hope so too. *hugs to you and your family.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: 2014 best be better than 2013 has been   December 7th 2013, 11:16 pm

Prayers for you and your family. I'm hoping for a better year every year.

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: 2014 best be better than 2013 has been   December 8th 2013, 1:42 am

Hugs to you and your family sweetie! BTW, have you heard from Dana?
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: 2014 best be better than 2013 has been   December 8th 2013, 5:50 am

Sending love and support your way girl.
These appear to be tough times for many members ... support to all of you.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: 2014 best be better than 2013 has been   December 8th 2013, 7:01 am

(((((((((((((((Amy))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 2014 best be better than 2013 has been   December 8th 2013, 4:19 pm

Amy...2014 is going to be better. Hugs!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: 2014 best be better than 2013 has been   December 9th 2013, 12:41 pm

KayS wrote:
Hugs to you and your family sweetie! BTW, have you heard from Dana?

Thank you Kay....and NO I haven't heard from Dana. I'm concerned. I know they lost their email password but its been a few months. Sad

PostSubject: Re: 2014 best be better than 2013 has been   

Back to top Go down

2014 best be better than 2013 has been
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: