all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Bad weather coming my way, how about you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 16th 2015, 9:13 am

When I think of what you're going through Moe, this image comes to mind!

Back to top Go down
Maureen
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 16th 2015, 9:32 am

That is exactly what it looks like, Jessie...it is totally amazing how much snow we have gotten in these last four storms.
The days I have driven into work (worked 5 days from home in the past three weeks)..well, I come in with a stiff neck from being so damn tense while driving.

Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 16th 2015, 4:30 pm

I've seen the photos on the news and I know it's bad. Too bad Mass. can't ship the snow to Cali. We would appreciate it. Right now it is spring in Feb. It sounds nice, but it really isn't because of the drought.

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 16th 2015, 7:06 pm

Oh Maureen, I can't even imagine. I would have to call out of work for the month lol. I don't do snow! We are getting a bit tomorrow, about 3'"-5", I already cancelled a Dr's appt. I had and told the girls in the office that they probably won't see me. Stay safe, it must be a complete nightmare. I heard on the news that they don't expect all that snow to be gone until June Shocked
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 17th 2015, 8:17 am

My daughter Lisa lives in DC and is flying off to Thailand for two weeks today. She made it to the airport Thank goodness for the Metro. Off to 85 degree weather lucky girl
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 17th 2015, 3:22 pm

We have been pretty lucky this winter in SE Ohio, so I guess I can't complain too much about the snow we are getting now, and later this week.

I have a customer who calls me from Mass, and she had 30 inches from 1 storm alone!! I'm so sorry for everyone in the NE who is having such a difficult winter.

I'll be really glad to head to the Caribbean for 11 days. March 9th can't come soon enough!! I'll try to bring back some sunshine from the islands!!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 17th 2015, 3:33 pm

Unbelievable!!! As of 2/17/15

NWS Boston ‏@NWSBoston 3h3 hours ago
[130 pm] Beginning January 24th through 1 pm today, Boston has received an astounding 90.5 inches of snow!
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 19th 2015, 9:29 pm

it's been so quiet on here lately, I miss ya'll
hope everyone is staying safe and warm in this crazy weather
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 20th 2015, 9:24 am

bergen wrote:
it's been so quiet on here lately, I miss ya'll
hope everyone is staying safe and warm in this crazy weather

very quiet. We are super cold here but I will take the cold over snow any day.
Back to top Go down
KelliM
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 20th 2015, 11:19 am

It was 1 degree when I got to work today. It's supposed to get up to 12 today. HEAT WAVE!!!

More snow is predicted for tomorrow, although I can't complain about another 1-3 inches when you all in the NE are getting hit so hard!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 21st 2015, 3:31 am

Bostonís Winter From Hell

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/opinion/bostons-winter-from-hell.html

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. ó BY now youíve seen the starkly beautiful shots of Boston buried under snow: the panoramic city under a white blanket; snowbanks so high they crest over parked cars; piercing icicles glinting for two full stories from gutters dammed with ice; coat-muffled people dwarfed by snow-walled corridors that once were sidewalks.

You may have seen the funny images as well: the man snowboarding down an all-but-empty major boulevard, pulled by his friendís snowmobile; drunk men diving out of second-floor windows into six-foot snowbanks; windows that merely frame a wall of snow.

But for those of us living here, itís not a pretty picture. We are being devastated by a slow-motion natural disaster of historic proportions. The disaster is eerily quiet. There are no floating bodies or vistas of destroyed homes. But thereís no denying that this is a catastrophe.

In just three weeks, between Jan. 27 and Feb. 15, we have had four epic blizzards ó seven feet of precipitation over three weeks ó which crushed roofs, burst gutters, destroyed roads and sidewalks, closed schools and businesses, shut down highways, crippled public transit and trapped people in their homes. The infamous Blizzard of 1978 brought around 27 inches of snow and shut down the region for a week. In less than a month, weíve seen more than three times as much snow. The temperature has hovered between 5 and 25 degrees, so the snow and ice havenít melted.

more at link
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 21st 2015, 6:44 am

It's just horrifying ... I don't even know what to say.
It's terrifying how quickly all of our systems can break down and leave people helpless in the face of this onslaught.
I agree with the author that this should be declared a natural disaster and more help should be provided.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 21st 2015, 3:18 pm

And here we go again...I can't take this fecken snow anymore.

Three times my honey had to get up on the roof and break up the ice and snow...we had water damage on the ceiling in the guest bedroom. It makes me a nervous wreck. He said he isn't paying someone $650 to do it when he can do it himself. (that is what a lot of people are charging to do that...can you imagine?)
So many of my friends are going through the same thing right now...totally amazing and totally depressing.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 21st 2015, 5:00 pm

OMG ... I can't even imagine what you must be going thru! It's snowing in NYC right now, but it's Nothing compared to what's happening in Boston. I hope your husband stays safe, and this is over soon.

Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 21st 2015, 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
catty

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 21st 2015, 7:12 pm

group hug to all of you who are dealing with this horrible winter.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6071
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 23rd 2015, 3:10 pm

After having a quiet winter weather season, my area got sleet and ice last week which disrupted things.† Thankfully our power stayed on.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   February 23rd 2015, 4:06 pm

So glad you didn't lose any power. Maybe soon we can write about "Great weather coming our way" LOL

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 22nd 2016, 5:30 pm

Stay safe all you east coasters! It looks like a terrible weekend ahead.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 22nd 2016, 8:00 pm

thanks catty! snow has started coming down here in philly. we are all stocked up, and ready to hunker down. no power outages and I think we will be good.
Back to top Go down
tisha
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6071
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 22nd 2016, 11:18 pm

I don't live in the NE, but they were predicting 6-8 inches here and we only got 1 inch. But I didn't mind because with the winds I was worried our power would go out.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 22nd 2016, 11:53 pm

Thanks, catty.
bergen...We're hunkered down here near Philly, too. Candles, Boy Scout camping lanterns, fire wood, reading material, games, et al.
Stay safe everyone!....wherever you are.

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 23rd 2016, 4:43 pm

Sounds like you all have it under control! I couldn't handle it.

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 23rd 2016, 5:57 pm

LOL catty, you would never be able to handle what we are going through today! It's a mess to say the least. About 20" have fallen so far and the winds are relentless. NY & NJ have a driving ban issued and both are under State of Emergencies. It really looks like the world has come to an end, you don't see a car or a soul around. The saddest part for me is that we are losing our beaches again! It's such a sin. Some towns in Southern Jersey had to evacuate once again.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 23rd 2016, 6:29 pm

lol! You are absolutely right!

Number of posts : 16372

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 24th 2016, 11:44 am

Sounds terrible Jack!!! We didn't get anything here thank goodness. Stay safe and warm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   

Back to top Go down

Bad weather coming my way, how about you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: