all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Bad weather coming my way, how about you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 4th 2013, 4:20 pm

LOL daughter and husband are at the grocery right now.

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Granny
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 4th 2013, 5:08 pm

The bad weather is here in South Dakota.  We are to get around 7 inches when it is done.  The problem:  the wind is blowing at 30 mph, gusting to 45 mph.  Drifts roads in about 2 hours.  My parking lot is very dangerous with drifts and parking places drifted shut.

Edited to add: I am having surgery on Friday and my daughter plans to drive up tomorrow?

Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 4th 2013, 5:32 pm

Granny wrote:
The bad weather is here in South Dakota.  We are to get around 7 inches when it is done.  The problem:  the wind is blowing at 30 mph, gusting to 45 mph.  Drifts roads in about 2 hours.  My parking lot is very dangerous with drifts and parking places drifted shut.

Edited to add:  I am having surgery on Friday and my daughter plans to drive up tomorrow?
Oh dear, well good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 4th 2013, 5:43 pm

Oh my good luck Granny. Be careful walking in that and good luck again to you this Friday xo

Our weather is weird too, we're 50 degrees here. I'm going to shut my mouth now because I know it won't last.

Stay safe Nancy and anyone else who is being affected by this crazy weather.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 4th 2013, 6:16 pm

I'm not going to complain about the weather here because it sounds like you guys have it worse. The temps did change by 20. It will be colder tonight and tomorrow.

Granny, good luck with your surgery.

Stay warm and stay safe everyone!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 4th 2013, 6:19 pm

no problems really here in philly, like jack'd mentioned, 50's. I think some rain is coming and frankly sometimes I am worse in the rain then the snow and ice.

stay safe to all getting the bad stuff

and good luck to you granny and your surgery
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 4th 2013, 6:27 pm

Granny, good luck with your surgery.

Be a back seat driver and make sure your daughter drives a little slower!!
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 4th 2013, 6:47 pm

I hope your surgery is nothing major, and all goes well.  I'm sure your daughter will make it there fine.  Good luck, and have a great Holiday! Smile 
get well soon

Number of posts : 25134
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 4th 2013, 7:37 pm

Good luck with the surgery Granny. 78 here tomorrow, then the rain starts and the temp drops 40 degrees. Texas weather!
Back to top Go down
marylou2
All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1344

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 4th 2013, 7:58 pm

It is currently 70 degrees here in Tennessee. There is an ice storm predicted for Friday.

The St Jude Marathon/ Half Marathon is scheduled for Saturday. Over 20,000 people have signed up to participate. My brother is flying in from San Diego and my sister is flying in from Denver to run.

Praying for the race to go on as scheduled, the race directors will make the call at 5 a.m. Saturday morning.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 5th 2013, 9:22 am

Good luck granny!! We were warm yesterday but today the deep freeze hit. Cold is better than snow!
Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12116

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 5th 2013, 3:03 pm

Not too bad:

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 5th 2013, 3:17 pm

Frances wrote:
Not too bad:

I was just watching the weather channel and they said the ice in Dallas was going to be really bad.... ???
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 5th 2013, 4:16 pm

The local weatherman says there is a possibility of snow flurries her in Central Cali. I don't believe it but it is cold.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 5th 2013, 5:54 pm

55 in NYC & snow in California? The weather sure is screwy lately.

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 10th 2013, 8:36 am

Snow day today, and so it begins..  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 10th 2013, 8:53 am

really crappy here in philly, in center city and it looks pretty bad out
Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 10th 2013, 9:30 am

My daughter Lisa and her husband are having a snow day    DC, gov't offices are closed and luckily her husbands office is closed too. Picture of the ice she took yesterday

Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 10th 2013, 10:06 am

I watched the Eagles/Lions game Sunday with all the snow. It was amazing.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 10th 2013, 10:44 am

yeah, it was amazing to watch. had some friends down there, they said it was awesome. Lots of snowballs flying around, but at least they knew enough to keep them away from santa
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 10th 2013, 10:56 am

Beautiful ice picture, KayS !

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 10th 2013, 12:48 pm

AABB Admin wrote:
I watched the Eagles/Lions game Sunday with all the snow.  It was amazing.

bergen wrote:
yeah, it was amazing to watch. had some friends down there, they said it was awesome. Lots of snowballs flying around, but at least they knew enough to keep them away from santa

That game was amazing! It was so entertaining. They looked like little boys having fun playing in the snow.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 10th 2013, 1:35 pm

well, that storm is pretty much over here in philly. kind of turned out to be nothing
lol, the big storm that they cx'd schools for and had all this coverage on pretty much turned out to be nothing but Sunday that called for hardly anything and we get this huge storm...
are the weather men& women ever right?
Back to top Go down
lallybelle
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 10th 2013, 2:27 pm

Really it was much worse driving in today. There's really nothing going on for a while now just a few flakes. I'm just mad I had to clean my car and drive through it this morning...lol Oh and I'm pissed that the jackass that parked behind me is right on my bumper because he was trying not to park in the fire hydrant. I hope a cop comes by and he gets a ticket.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   December 10th 2013, 3:26 pm

Sooooo glad I'm retired & don't have to go through that mess in the mornings anymore!  Very Happy 

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 21st 2014, 5:41 pm

another freakin snow storm here in philly. UGH, I am OVER it.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 21st 2014, 5:48 pm

It was damn cold here today (-28 C which is about -18 F I think). There was also a strong wind which made it feel even colder.
I made myself feel better by cooking a comfort food dinner ... meat loaf, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted carrots with rosemary and maple syrup and roasted brussels sprouts with crispy bacon.
Take that winter!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 21st 2014, 6:05 pm

Oh yummy c.j.
It's cold in Oklahoma too, but not as cold as you!
Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 21st 2014, 6:09 pm

Wow, you're making us want to come endure your bitter cold just to get a plate of that awesome-sounding food, C_J!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 21st 2014, 6:19 pm

LOL, thanks Jess, I'm making meatloaf tomorrow night and you just reminded me to take the meat out of the freezer!!

I'm done with this weather too bergen. I left work early and said my novena all the way home, it was bad!! I think we have about a foot now, the wind is making huge drifts, add that to below zero temps and it's just horrendous conditions. More snow on Sat!!!
Back to top Go down
Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 21st 2014, 6:21 pm

bergen wrote:

bergen...It's been a no win situation trying to shovel today. Can't keep up. Philly schools are off tomorrow, but we haven't heard yet about our schools out here in the 'burbs.

Cousin_Jake wrote:
It was damn cold here today (-28 C which is about -18 F I think). There was also a strong wind which made it feel even colder.
I made myself feel better by cooking a comfort food dinner ... meat loaf, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted carrots with rosemary and maple syrup and roasted brussels sprouts with crispy bacon.
Take that winter!

CJ...YUM!!! I made baked chicken thighs with rosemary, broccoli rabe with mushrooms and garlic, and perogies with olive oil and onion.

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 21st 2014, 6:31 pm

81 beautiful degrees here in Phoenix today...no cold or snow for us!!  Sorry...just had to say it!  But, I do remember those days!
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 21st 2014, 8:55 pm

Cold here in nyc! expecting about 12 inches. I'm hungry now dagnabbit! Who's inviting me to dinner? LOL

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 21st 2014, 9:52 pm

Gail wrote:
bergen wrote:

bergen...It's been a no win situation trying to shovel today. Can't keep up. Philly schools are off tomorrow, but we haven't heard yet about our schools out here in the 'burbs.

Cousin_Jake wrote:
Take that winter!

CJ...YUM!!!   I made baked chicken thighs with rosemary, broccoli rabe with mushrooms and garlic, and perogies with olive oil and onion.

Gail, I just saw my FB burb friends post that they are starting to get the calls that schools are closed, now if only my work would close. I guess that's what I get working in a hospital
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 21st 2014, 9:54 pm

Jack'd wrote:
LOL, thanks Jess, I'm making meatloaf tomorrow night and you just reminded me to take the meat out of the freezer!!

I'm done with this weather too bergen. I left work early and said my novena all the way home, it was bad!! I think we have about a foot now, the wind is making huge drifts, add that to below zero temps and it's just horrendous conditions. More snow on Sat!!!

my gosh the cold makes it horrible. I hear you about the work ride home. There were so many accidents and people stuck. I wanted to pick up all the people I saw waiting for the bus, I felt so bad for them standing out in that snow and cold
Back to top Go down
ebowers
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 5845
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 22nd 2014, 6:57 am

Everyone be careful out there...safe travels.
Back to top Go down
lovin
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 22nd 2014, 7:18 am

We didn't get the snow this time...just the bitter cold. BRRRR! I'm off work today so I plan to stay in my jammies and cuddle on the couch with my kindle and REST. Gotta beat this crappy cold that my family has so graciously shared with me. Sad Stay safe to all of you that are getting the snow. I'm telling you this winter can GO AWAY, Christmas is over no need for that white shit anymore!

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 8088

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 22nd 2014, 7:32 am

OK. NYC is CRAZY. The schools are OPEN. It is 7 degrees with a wind chill of -12! There is nothing but snow & ice. UGH sitting here with my morning cup wondering if I should attempt to dig out and go to work late or not.
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 22nd 2014, 8:52 am

thats why NY kids are tough lally...here in philly, we dont let our kids get cold or snowed on
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   January 22nd 2014, 3:13 pm

lallybelle wrote:
OK. NYC is CRAZY. The schools are OPEN. It is 7 degrees with a wind chill of -12! There is nothing but snow & ice. UGH sitting here with my morning cup wondering if I should attempt to dig out and go to work late or not.

I hope you decided like I did, and stayed home. Geez, the minute you go out, your faces freezes lol. I had two pairs of gloves and socks on just to clean my car. My nose was running like a 5yr. old, it was so damn brutal. I dread going into work tomorrow, wish I had an excuse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad weather coming my way, how about you?   

Back to top Go down

Bad weather coming my way, how about you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: