all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2014, 6:06 am

Good morning! I just put the pumpkin pie in the oven.
This year for the first time in many years, I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner ( actually we are eating at 1:00, so to me it's not dinner unless it's at night). Also, it's just going to be three people.
My husband, me, and our youngest daughter. We had a guest, but her plans fell through when her family changed their meal time.

We usually go to my husband's brother's house or to see my sister in SE Oklahoma.
Her husband is not well, and she is not feeling like it this year, plus we were just there two weeks ago.
I don't know what happened with my husband's side. Maybe they thought this was the year we went to my sister's or their family got so big that they couldn't hold any more people ( they have 4 married children with kids... )or.... we are cut out of the family activities. Who knows?
My husband and his brother are not close like I am with my sisters.

Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
elmbowers
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2014, 12:59 pm

A lot to be thankful for this year.  My husband had a stroke in October and fully recovered from it.  It was at the very base of the brain.  And then in March I had a perforated ulcer.  My heart stopped beating on the operating table due to the stress of everything, but I got another chance!  I am so thankful for my life.  The support of my husband and our beautiful daughter and the loving support of friends...I am grateful beyond words.  Today, we get to celebrate with my daughter's boyfriend's family.  I am so excited to meet everyone, especially his mom!  Blessings to each and every one of you.  I have been here at AABB for many years!  I love coming to this board and it was the first place I visited after I got out of the hospital!  Just thought I'd share this today...being it is Thanksgiving and all and I am very thankful.
Back to top Go down
jennifer8
Head of Household
Head of Household

Number of posts : 888
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2014, 5:04 pm

I am thankful all has turned out well for you and your husband Elm you are truly one of the nicest persons on this site....and Happy Thanksgiving to all here!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2014, 5:40 pm

elmbowers wrote:
A lot to be thankful for this year.  My husband had a stroke in October and fully recovered from it.  It was at the very base of the brain.  And then in March I had a perforated ulcer.  My heart stopped beating on the operating table due to the stress of everything, but I got another chance!  I am so thankful for my life.  The support of my husband and our beautiful daughter and the loving support of friends...I am grateful beyond words.  Today, we get to celebrate with my daughter's boyfriend's family.  I am so excited to meet everyone, especially his mom!  Blessings to each and every one of you.  I have been here at AABB for many years!  I love coming to this board and it was the first place I visited after I got out of the hospital!  Just thought I'd share this today...being it is Thanksgiving and all and I am very thankful.

SO happy to hear that YOU are happy.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2014, 8:15 pm

So happy for you elmbowers! Glad to hear you're having a great Thanksgiving & all is well with you and yours. That's what this holiday is all about. Very Happy

Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2014, 8:16 pm

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!
Elm, I am very happy all is well with you and your family!
Back to top Go down
Jack'd
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 17318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2014, 9:49 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone had a special kind of day.

Elm, so happy for you that both you and your husband and well and enjoying life!!

Nancy, you had the best kind of holiday, intimate with the people who matter most.

We went to my brother's again and had my S-I-L's dried out turkey and raw hot rolls lol. We laugh all the way home at what an awful cook she is. Mom had a hard time getting up my brother's steps and I am seeing the decline in her more and more. Makes me wonder just how many more holidays we all have left with her. In the meantime, I will enjoy the ones we have for now and consider myself blessed.
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2014, 6:01 am

I hope you all had a peaceful Thanksgiving ... dried out turkey and all!

Elmbowers, I'm so happy to hear that you and your husband are well. What a year you've had.
Here's to healthy days ahead for both of you.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2014, 11:35 am

Jack'd.. the part about the turkey and raw rolls made me laugh.
The part about your mom... It's hard.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2014, 5:00 pm

Elmbowers I'm so glad you and your family are doing better.

We were lazy and ordered a turkey and made sides.  It was actually good LOL

The only thing I wish is that family members would make my mom's place a neutral zone.  Leave whatever problems you have with each other at the door.  No fights, but it is still uncomfortable.  Thank goodness I'm okay with everyone.

ETA: Ordering a turkey gave me an idea of maybe doing that for someone during Christmas or next Thanksgiving. A whole meal that feeds 4-8 people for $50. I'd like to do that for single working mother out there. So we'll see.

All Star
All Star

Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2014, 6:02 pm

catty, I have done that several times; very rewarding.

Gail
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 3275
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2014, 11:08 pm

Catty and Granny... I've done that, also.  At two stores that I frequent I say YES to add $ to my tab to help people, too.

(((Elm)))

Number of posts : 22965
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 29th 2014, 3:16 pm

(((elm))) so happy you and your family are on the upswing!!

Jack...cherish every holiday with your mom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   

Back to top Go down

Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: