all about big brother ~ aabb

Discuss reality television. Big Brother, Survivor, Housewives, etc

HomePortalCalendarFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

Number of posts : 35516
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2013, 10:49 am

Things are fine in Oklahoma, but I see the east coast is not so good.
I'm only cooking mashed potatoes for 24 this year... my assignment for the family get-together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allaboutbigbrother.net
Cousin_Jake

Number of posts : 16469
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2013, 12:12 pm

lol!  That's funny Nancy ... how many times have you been assigned mashed potatoes?
I think they should take advantage of your superior culinary skills!
Back to top Go down
Frances
Superstar, Legend and Icon

Number of posts : 12116
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2013, 1:37 pm

How many potatoes are needed for a gathering of twenty-four people! scared  My culinary skills are, at best, Hamburger Helper or microwavable Stouffer's Lasagna.

No weather problems here as well, Nancy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2013, 2:38 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
lol!  That's funny Nancy ... how many times have you been assigned mashed potatoes?
I think they should take advantage of your superior culinary skills!
I think three or four years. Yes, that is the irony. I hate to brag, but I'm the best cook of the bunch.
What I do is bring an appetizer even though I'm not asked to. Last year it was shrimp ceviche, this year I'm going to make little phyllo cups filled with Gorgonzola/cream cheese topped with caramelized onions and bacon.
Back to top Go down
catty

Number of posts : 14869
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2013, 3:01 pm

No weather problems. If anything, we're wondering why it isn't colder. It's been warmer than usual. It should be 71 today. 69 tomorrow.

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2013, 3:02 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2013, 4:55 pm

AABB Admin wrote:
 Last year it was shrimp ceviche, this year I'm going to make little phyllo cups filled with Gorgonzola/cream cheese topped with caramelized onions and bacon.  
Sounds delicious! I bet those appetizers disappear quickly.
Back to top Go down
Lori

Number of posts : 22965

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2013, 7:19 pm

Our weather is good. Oh how I wish I could assign food to people. I cook the whole damn meal, lol.
Back to top Go down
Maureen

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 7:38 am

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Back to top Go down
KayS

Number of posts : 25134

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 7:48 am

Happy Thanksgiving! Cold here in Houston but clear. My youngest daughter is with me today. We saw the new Hunger Games movie last night, it was good! The oldest and her husband are almost to Boston where they will visit his grandparents. They had a long drive from DC, but roads weren't as bad as expected. Snow though!
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 7:50 am

lol! at the potatoes Nancy! It reminds when I was with family and I was assigned ice tea. At least you get to cook! Appetizers sound yummy.
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

Number of posts : 17318

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 8:24 am

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
Back to top Go down
Sydney2

Number of posts : 16372

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 9:35 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American Friends today. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
was
Man Candy

Number of posts : 3062
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 9:52 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L3bGKlxzGE
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 9249
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 10:53 am

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 12:13 pm

was wrote:
lol! That reminds me of the year (way, way back) that my Mom bought such a huge turkey from a local farmer that it wouldn't fit into the oven and my Dad had to cut it in half with a saw. My Mom poured three kettles of boiling water over the saw first. Good times!
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 12:48 pm

Cousin_Jake wrote:
was wrote:
lol! That reminds me of the year (way, way back) that my Mom bought such a huge turkey from a local farmer that it wouldn't fit into the oven and my Dad had to cut it in half with a saw. My Mom poured three kettles of boiling water over the saw first. Good times!
My famous family story. Mom decided to make homemade salad dressing. We had some company coming that she wanted to impress. Unfortunately, she and dad hit the wine a little early. When she made the dressing, she reached for the vinegar, but put rubbing alcohol in it instead.
No one would have known until it was served, except my sisters and I were sneaking food. ( I must have been about eight). When I tasted it, I told my sisters and we said, " Mama, something is wrong with the salad".. She didn't believe me at first, but then dad tasted it. LOL.. He said, " Rose, I hate to tell you but the girls are right".

I think she cried a little.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 4271
Registration date : 2013-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 12:52 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Luv the Chickadee!!! cute Smile 

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 1:12 pm

AABB Admin wrote:
I think she cried a little.
Yup ... we remember the culinary disasters more than the dinners that went off without a hitch.

My Mom used to put staples in big jars at the cottage so they wouldn't attract ants (or mice). One night we made chocolate/peanut butter fudge using salt instead of sugar. She started labeling the jars right after that. Lol
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 1:53 pm

love the stories!!!!!

Back to top Go down
gluedtothepc
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

Number of posts : 6661
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 4:04 pm

Our most memorable Thanksgiving was the one when my kids were in elementary school and our refrigerator went out. Think about how full your refrigerator is pre- and post-Thanksgiving with the turkey and all the fixings, and then fitting in all the leftovers. We handled it all with ice chests and lots of ice, lol!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 5:42 pm

There are some wild shoppers out there. Michaels was having a big sale, and a coupon for 30% off everything, even sale stuff so I gave it a try. Went by Best Buy and of course there is a big line of people camping out and they don't even open till midnight!

Got stocked up on my papercrafting stuff while getting my toes squished a few times ! I am staying HOME tomorrow playing with my new stuff and watching Netflix!

Anyone going out to shop be careful and good luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
carra
Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 6:05 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Love all the stories!
Back to top Go down
Frances

Number of posts : 12116

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 7:38 pm

Lovely thread!
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 28th 2013, 11:46 pm

Hope everyone had a nice day.

No drama on this end which I guess is a good thing.

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 29th 2013, 3:55 pm

I had no drama either but am exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 29th 2013, 4:10 pm

Lori wrote:
What? No gnashing of teeth or screaming at the tv during the Packers game?
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 29th 2013, 6:50 pm

T-day went off without a hitch, thank you very much! btw Happy Chanukah, too!!!

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 29th 2013, 7:34 pm

I only had one mishap, I was in charge of desserts. I made brownies, pumpkin pie, red velvet cake and cookies. Mom made her delicious apple pie. We were all set, except I forgot the pumpkin pie on my kitchen table. No one said they minded, but I'm sure they were cursing under their breaths. What's is Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? UGH!! Plus I hate it, so now I have to give it away.
Back to top Go down
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 29th 2013, 7:42 pm

AABB Admin wrote:
Lori wrote:
What? No gnashing of teeth or screaming at the tv during the Packers game?
No...we knew they were going to get their asses crushed. I drank and cooked during the game lol.
Back to top Go down
catty

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 29th 2013, 8:04 pm

lol! My brother kept updating the Raiders game and would say "they're losing" and I would respond "tell me something I don't already know" hahaha.

Number of posts : 16157
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 29th 2013, 8:37 pm

My day started off wonderful.
I ate at my MIL's ...then went to my sister's house for dessert.
Was excited to hear that my nephew had a great day at her house...but he left to go home and sleep because he was exhausted.
So I felt bummed out that I didn't get to see my handsome, strong nephew Sad
Back to top Go down
Jack'd

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 29th 2013, 9:55 pm

I just saw this tweet which cracked me up. Should I invite her over and give her the whole damn pie? She only lives 1/2 away, she can do it lol.

Dina Manzo ‏@dinamanzo 32m

Craving pumpkin pie....seriously
Back to top Go down
bergen
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 29th 2013, 10:01 pm

Jack'd wrote:
I only had one mishap, I was in charge of desserts. I made brownies, pumpkin pie, red velvet cake and cookies. Mom made her delicious apple pie. We were all set, except I forgot the pumpkin pie on my kitchen table. No one said they minded, but I'm sure they were cursing under their breaths. What's is Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? UGH!! Plus I hate it, so now I have to give it away.
lol, funny because NO ONE EVER eats the pumpkin pie at our thanksgivings, but when I say lets just pass on it every year since no one obviously likes it, everyone says NO, you can't have T-day with out the pumpkin pie.

It's like the cranberry sauce, no one eats it but we always have to have it
Back to top Go down
Cousin_Jake

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 30th 2013, 6:08 am

Jack'd wrote:
I just saw this tweet which cracked me up. Should I invite her over and give her the whole damn pie? She only lives 1/2 away, she can do it lol.

Ha! Sounds like the perfect solution.
Back to top Go down
Nancy AABB Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 30th 2013, 8:40 am

Jack'd wrote:

speaking of.. I guess I need to post something in the housewives section about all the legal troubles Theresa is having
Back to top Go down
KayS

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 30th 2013, 10:06 am

It's a beautiful warm day in Houston, 54 right now. Grocery stores empty. No traffic.
Back to top Go down
chc64
Famous for being Famous
Famous for being Famous

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 26th 2014, 5:28 pm

Just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving 2014 ! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 26th 2014, 11:04 pm

You too chc.

And everyone, have a nice day and I hope the weather doesn't mess up anyone's plans.

Houseguest
Houseguest

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   November 27th 2014, 5:41 am

Happy Thanksgiving, hope everyone has a safe & wonderful day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?   

Back to top Go down

Are the winter storms messing up anyone's T-day plans?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
all about big brother ~ aabb :: The Lounge-
Jump to: